Citifinancial Mortgage — Foreclosure and insurance claim
Because of poor customer service and lack of their employees documenting each phone encounter we ended up losing our home to foreclosure. We had a buyer willing to do a short sale and he experienced the same thing. Phone calls made to citifinancial were always repetative. No one we talked to had any idea of what was going on with our short sale. We had signed papers and thought everything was in order at one time and when the buyer contacted the bank to find out the status, he was told they lost the paperwork and to resubmit. This was done, but to no avail, we ended up losing our house in the end. In the midst of all this, we had a pipe break at the house on the second floor in the winter. The water ran for at least a week causing irreputable damage. We filed an insurance claim which took a while to work out. In the end, we ended up receiving a check made out to us and the mortgage company, by this time, the bank had taken our house and sold it. They no longer had possession. Now I am stuck with huge bills from the flood. The bank wont endorse the check because they no longer have an interest in the property, the insurance company needs a letter stating this before they can reissue the check. We called the bank and sent a letter requesting this release. I attempted to follow up on the letter I sent and everytime I contacted the bank, no one seemed to know what was going on and made me repeat the incident over and over. I would be transferred to someone else and again I would have to repeat the situation. I re sent the letter and have yet to hear back from them. We are in a dire situation because the check expires Oct. 1 and we have been working on this since May. Can someone help us.
More Citifinancial Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- Citifinancial Auto - Citifinancial auto breaks the law with reposessions
- Citifinancial - They do not have an area to check your account balance.
- Citifinancial Retail Services - Citifinancial jeopardizing my reputation
- Citifinancial Auto Loan - Treated like deadbeats!
- Citifinancial - Online & pay by phone method
- Citifinancial - Branch manager being very rude and not nice at all.
- Citifinancial - Removes money from my account even after Loan is paided off
- Citifinancial Retail Services - Unauthorized charges
- Santander / Was Citifinancial Auto - Reposessed my vehichle
- Citifinancial - Fraud and cheating