Complaints & Reviews

why roadloans

I am new to this complaints board And i've recently purchased a Toyota corolla.I do not have good credit...

auto refinance

On Aug. 15th 2011 I applied to refinance my 2007 Toyota Corolla. I decided since my credit score is almost...

Big lie

I have already been approved for an auto loan but their ad makes you believe that they are here to help. They are now owned by Santandar which happens to hold 2 auto loans for me. I thought they might give me a better rate so I applied as a joint my wife and I. Surprise!! Rejected, please go and reapply try doing it jointly! What a joke. Stay away from them at all cost. They are not worth the hits on your credit. They say they are here to help but they just want to make your life worse.

Roadloans pulled my credit report with no authorization from me

unauthorized reposession

I purchased a used Infinity G35 through Ebay. Checking their Monthly payment option put me in touch with Road...

Scammers

Roadloans pulled my credit report with no authorization from me. I did not apply for a loan or cosign for a loan, ANY type of loan. I called and spoke with a customer service rep. I explained the situation and when her search for an application was unsuccessful, she transferred me to her supervisor, who was also unable to locate an application. He suggested I contact their legal dept. Over the next week, I placed several calls to their legal dept, with no return call. Finally, I called Roadloans back and spoke with another supervisor, who was also unable to locate an application. She said she would inquire about the delay and get back to me. I finally received a call from their legal dept. Once again, no application could be located. I asked if they could please send a letter to the credit bureau, requesting that the inquiry be removed. They flat-out refused, saying that with no application on file, they had no authorization to access my report, and they cannot send out a form letter without an application. Coming from their legal dept, I was appalled at that answer. If you can’t send out a form letter in this situation, then under what circumstances do you send a form letter? I asked this exact question and all they said was that they couldn’t help unless there was an application on file. I then placed a call to the credit bureau and I spoke with a supervisor, who informed me that without a letter from the creditor, this inquiry cannot be removed. I have since left several messages for Roadloans' legal dept, but no one is returning my call. I’ve done some research on this company and I’ve found many, many complaints, 3 of which are from the Better Business Bureau, that are similar in nature to mine, in terms of their questionable acts, horrible customer service and basic unwillingness to right their wrongs. Terms such as fraudulent, deceptive and bogus company were used to describe them. I don’t know how Roadloans got my information, but they clearly pulled my credit report in error, or perhaps illegally, but either way, it’s their responsibility to make it right. And it appears that they have no intentions of doing so.

• Rh
    rhonda bazen Aug 05, 2009

this very confusing. the other company Centrix was bought out by this company and now this company is closed too. what do we do about paying our payments on our loans. i have a car loan with them and if i dont get some information on who i need to pay i'm scared i will lose my car.

Misleading Advertizing

They advertise they fiance aybody but when you apply unless you have thousands of dollars in cash to put on a vehicle for a down payment they immediately decline your loan. False advertising is a crime. Switch and Bait is a crime. They need to be prosecuted immediately.

• Bi
    big_business_scams Nov 18, 2012

Yeah, they say I'm pre-approved and then when i click on a few more buttons, they say "Sorry, you have been declined, try to sign up with a co-signer"
    Why say I am approved after the initial theft of my social security number only to decline me after choosing a type of car that's well within my budget?
    Scam.

Accessed credit report with no authorization

Roadloans made an inquiry into my credit report, and since I hadn't applied for a loan or co-signed for a loan, ANY type of loan, I was understandably upset. Neither the customer service rep nor her supervisor were able to locate an application. The supervisor suggested I contact their legal dept.

Over the next week, I placed several calls to their legal dept, with no return call. I called Roadloans back and spoke with another supervisor. She was also unable to locate an application and said she would inquire about the delay in getting back to me. I received a call from their legal dept within 10 minutes. Once again, no application could be located. The rep was as confused as I was. I asked her if she could please send a letter to Transunion, requesting that the inquiry be removed. She flat out refused because she said that if there was no application on file, then they had no authorization to access my report, and they cannot send out a form letter without an application. Coming from their legal dept, I was appalled at that answer. If you can’t send out a form letter in this situation, then under what circumstances do you send a form letter? I asked her this exact question and all she would tell me was that she couldn’t help unless there was an application on file. I then spoke with a supervisor at Transunion, who informed me that without a letter from the creditor, this inquiry cannot be removed. I have since left several messages for this rep, in addition to leaving messages on their legal dept’s general voicemail, but no one is returning my call.

I’ve done some research on this company and I’ve found many, many complaints that are similar in nature to mine, in terms of their questionable acts, horrible customer service and basic unwillingness to right their wrongs. I don’t know how Roadloans got my information, but they clearly pulled my credit report in error, or perhaps illegally, but either way, it’s their responsibility to make it right. And as far as I can tell, they have no intentions of doing so.

Don't deal with them

Stay away from Road Loans and Triad Financial. They are a rip off company, they will steal your money, go somewhere else. after receiving my check in the mail, finding the car, paying out off pocket for insurance and doing all the paperwork with the dealer, I was told to reapply because I had not put my second job on the application. Later on, I found out this is a rip-off company with thousand of complains, and a lot of angry customers. They will also collect interest on interest first and your principal balance will be inflated and scratched further and you will pay double or even more of what is on sticker price!!

Stay away from road loans. If they steal money from you, sue them also. They deserve this!!

Did not want to help me, bad treatment

I called Roadloans to setup a deferment of my June payment. I had a work related jury and could not make a payment until I had a doctor’s release to return to work. I never missed a payment. I was given the run around.

The attitude of their customer service is the worse I have ever heard. They are negative and treated me if the company was doing me a favour. If it was not for me being a customer who pay my bills Roadloands wouldn't last.

I have never been late or missed a payment. This is just part of my troubles with Roanloans even after I made my July 7th payment they took two payments from my account and told me it was my problem after my bank bounded other checks and bills couldn't be paid.

I feel this is one of the worse companies I have done business with. I will never do business with Roadloans again. I suggest everyone, stay away!!! Trouble, Trouble, Trouble!!!

• Rw
    R. Wojcik Aug 24, 2008

This company is the worst. I was laid off in May and asked that my June payment be deffered and if it was possible to work out a temporary solution till I was able to find another job. I offered to pay the amount of the loan plus half the interest and they told me no and didn't defer my payment.

My car is now on the repo list...again never late!! This is the worst company I have ever, ever dealt with.

Would not recommend them to anyone for ANY reason!

Takes advantage of vulnerable consumers!

Roadloans is a vulture..taking advantage of those who must have a car to live but for reasons beyond their control can't use a traditional lender. They repo'd my car with no warning... saying I was 3 months behind. Before I could get all of the paperwork together and copies from my bank they had sold it at auction. Then I finally found out that they had posted one of my payments to my finance's account (we had a joint bank account). When we tried to set it straight they refused. They sent him a letter saying he had overpaid and his next payment would only be $31.00. He called to confirm and they said yes. THEN they took out the full amount, and when it bounced (we had spent the money elsewhere) they charged us late fees and bank fees. THEN they turned around and took MY payment off of his account (without telling us) and post it to my "delinquent" account, and then told him that he had to pay prorated late fees and interest because now he was behind. Of course they didn't contact us, we had to wait to find it on the statement. They suck!!! Plain and simple they are by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with. I can't believe how they have taken advantage of us and refused to make things right. They are rude, condescending, unfair, crooks, and I hope they go bankrupt and have to pay US... all of us... back for the distress they have caused us.

Fraud and cheating!

I had the same problem but with Roadloans. I refinanced with HSBC and paid off the loan. First - Roadloan...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices