Citibank Advantage Credit Cardchargebacks not accepted-ever

Ok, I admit that being ripped off is not the kind of thing I easily get over. . Using my Citi Advantage Card, as with all Credit Cards has dual purposes.
1) Back up from retailers who do not provide as promised
2) to build up points for travel.

Now, after Neiman Marcus took 5 weeks to process a return, and in the same day RECHARGED my credit card, and spent 20 hours on the phone, along with faxing my credit card bills to Nieman’s...the problem never was resolved. so I knew the system was not exactly consumer friendly...because That is a no brainer.

Then, my Credit Card was stolen. I had no clue-was out of town and Citi called to tell me. I thought that was great service-incredibly grateful and think they caught the thief. (They would not tell me) They also refused to remove the unauthorized fraudulent charges. HUH? Therefore, I paid an outside/inside company to take a monthly payment out of my account to force Citcards to remove the charges.

Then, as if I had not done 200 hours on the phone with them, Hertz Rental Car over charges my account by $1200. Kind of a big amount...I mean $1, 200?

I spent 6 months and 100's of hours on the phone and providing every single piece of evidence requested (no small task) for 6 months! They put my account on hold; called me 20 times a day...they terrorized me.

Then I would call, explain, again, spend an hour getting through to Fraud, as that is the department that handles Chargeback’s...regardless of how bogus the charge and how clear it is.

One evening an executive from Citi called and spoke frankly with me. Apparently, Hertz would not even discuss the charge with them and he had not seen this kind of behavior in 20 years. I appreciated his candor. But I would have appreciated Citbank treating me as their client, who was charged a random amount before any invoice was calculated or sent to me...or signed by me.

They finally told me I was stuck with the charge, the interest, and now penalties six months later. They have virtually ruined my credit and still wonder...what is going on over there?