Circle Kpoor employee treatment

F

I worked @ circle k for 3 mos. From the very beginning, i'd had problems accessing my money on a pay card issued instead of direct deposit or a regular all american check. Asked manager to look into it. Her comment, "there's the number you need to call" as she pointed to a bulletin board that was chalk full of stuff dated from the 80's on up!! As a new employee, i had no clue what to look for. I finally got hold of the card company and they continually emailed me codes in order to access my money. The card co. Issued verification to reimburse my decline fees, etc. Great!! I thought. Nothing doing. I gave he email to the mgr. With directions from card co. To circle k h / r dept. I waited, waited, and waited. Nothing!!! I called mgr. Of store she wouldn't answer the phone and avoided me. I called circle k in az. "we do not do this sort of transaction. "

This is bull !!! All the card co. Wanted was permission to access my account to reimburse me. Circle k refused.

Companies like circle k don't deserve to be in business. . . Don"t patron these rip off covienince stores and always check your exp. Dates!!!

Also, my mother is in very bad health. I didn't have anyone to stay with her and let them know at least 12 hrs. Prior to my next shift. I was told, " sounds like a personal problem. " they knew i'd almost lost her prior to christmas. I liked to have. . . !!! It's not like the girl who's "daddy baby got thrown in jail" excuse. I wound up covering half her shift on top of mine!! And was expected to work again that night!! She didn't want to wake her mother to keep the kid. I literally had to quit a job that kept me sick with upper respiratory infection the whole time i worked there. And on top of that. . . To keep from paying me the over - time i'm supposed to be paid by law, the mgr. Went in, clocked me out, and then clocked me right back in!!! Labor law broken right there!!!

Hey circle k>>>>>>

Sure you're not owned by a politian??? Or maybe a c. E. O. ???

• Ca
    cara1 Jan 09, 2017

I work for circle k in ohio and since i started there i have been harassed by another employee constantly and recently she got in my face with her fists doubled up at me. An assistant manager was standing there and did nothing. The store manager has known about the problem with her and has done nothing to fix it. I know of 5 people who have quit because of this employee.

johnson1111 Dec 05, 2016

Very true. Samantha needs to go.

johnson1111 Dec 05, 2016

Circle K on Benett Dr. in Caribou, ME has low morale because of the manager Samantha. She is rude and bullies her employees and if she doesn't like them she will do things to irritate them on purpose. One of the new male employees she really took a liking to and is letting him live in the camper in her driveway and work whichever hours he would like while the other employees suffer and fill in what's left. She is making a very hostile work environment for the day employees while the evening and night employees don't do anything in the store while working. It is very tense to shop at this store because of her attitude towards the public and the employees. She is definitely not management material and should be replaced by a more professional person.

• Ra
    Randy987 Aug 31, 2016

Every morning from 5 to 6 am there are 2 guys that stand outside of the circle k on Gilbert and Juniper. There are only 6 parking places at this store and they take up two of them. As you know that is one of the busier times for circle k. The also stand out there and smoke and it stinks bad every time I walk into that store. I have noticed them out there for the past two years and they are there just about every day. I thought that you guys had a no loitering policy. If you could please address this situation I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.

• Wi
    Willey0158 Jul 28, 2016

Circle k is not owned by a manufacturer of products. They are a retailer of products. They can charge whatever they want to for a manufactured product unless they have a contract with a manufacturer that states otherwise. However in my experience circle k has the same or a cheaper price than most other convenience stores.

Checker2013 Jul 28, 2016

Tried to use a free coupon for a sandwich. The Circle K clerk said that the coupon only covered $3.99 but the sandwich was priced $4.19. I refused to pay excess. Next day I contacted Mfgr and they said that the price for the sandwich should be $3.99 maximum. Circle K just overcharges.

Redlove Jul 21, 2016

Working for this company is slavery I work 8 hours without a break manager says oh as policy your not allowed breaks or a 30 to hour lunch as with every other company in the USA . Then the pay is a joke for the tasks they want completely done by end of shift mind you there is no one else on shift along side too help with delivery's of trucks put the truck stuff up off the floor . I need to know if there are labor laws that allow this no break no lunch policy and if not what is my next step ?

Comments

Vancer May 07, 2016

Lynn is rude and hateful needs to be fired

Vancer May 07, 2016

Lynn is hateful and rude needs to be cored

Vancer May 07, 2016

Lynn who works in circle k on 1417 in Sherman Texas is very rude and hateful makes customers stand in line for a long I shop there everyday and she is always rude and hateful

• Mm
    MMbob Apr 02, 2016

@Rbland1977 Lol why would Circle K want you to waste tornados if you're only supposed to put them on 2 times a day: In the early morning at 4AM and again at 1PM or 2PM when second shift is supposed to come in. That other stuff though, lol, holy crap you have some bad employees, dude. Good luck with that. My manager does the same thing but we get everything put back into place.

@Reviewer93995 That's definitely the Manager's problem. Bring it up with corporate. Because if stuff is out of stock all the time, that store is losing tons of money for the business.

@Vicki Dunn Pritchard You can't do anything about it. Why would you start living a lifestyle that causes you to pay more money out while you're making more money? That should all have been going into savings. Good job, now you're probably homeless.

@Jo747 That employee didn't want to bend over to the bottom of the safe and drop change for you from the safe. Bring it up with their manager. Stores NEVER run out of change (excepting bills, because I've run out of bill change before, and that stuff sucks). That employee is a lazy piece of crap.

• Mm
    MMbob Apr 02, 2016

You all sound like a bunch of crap people not even trying right now. It's a JOB. Scheduling matters happen, crap mangers happen, large workloads happen. It's a 24/7 convenience store. Why wouldn't all this crap be happening? It's one thing for you to work JUST as a CSR or a Lead CSR and have a crap time, but you know what? It's WAY worse for those Assistant Managers who have to clean up after bad Managers all the time. At least if you're a CSR, you don't have to care about if the grocery order gets done or not, or anything else like that. Just come in, get your shift duties done, and go home. Simple. It's the Manager's job to keep the store running and inventory under control.

I read here that there are people who have gotten banned, have had to work double shifts, and tons of other stuff. Yeah, that stuff happens. DEAL WITH IT. If you can't take the heat in the kitchen, get out of the kitchen. You still get your mandatory 2 days off!

I love my job at Circle K. It's seriously the easiest job ever. There are no breaks which makes my days go by super frieakin' fast because I work at a $35, 000-50, 000/day store, profit wise for Circle K. There's a set routine to everything but we keep having to have more stuff added (i.e counting individual cigarette packages) because [censored] people keep stealing cigarettes and alcohol, etc. Like really? Steal from the place you work? Are you that ###ed?

I've worked at AFNI (Crap job with crap EVERYTHING) after quitting from Circle K 3 years ago, and also at Target (crap job with crap supervisors who don't know how to work themselves on the job), Convergys (Easiest job ever if you work for the Walgreens department, I just can't do call centers) and Walmart as an Overnight stocker (which messed up my back and left knee since I'm really tall and had to just kneel on the ground for more than half the damn shift, they should give employees kneepads to work in). Circle K is an awesome job.

For you people working at Circle K in crappy areas and getting robbed like 10x a night: Oh well, deal with it. We get robbed too but you don't see me complaining about it. Just hand whatever they want over and you'll be fine, don't be a hero.

Also to the person who's husband left their HIGHLY ADDICTIVE AND SELL-ABLE PAIN MEDS IN THE BACK ROOM, LOL HOW STUPID IS YOUR HUSBAND? What the hell.

All this job takes is a little damn common sense guys. It's not hard. If you can't have that then you need to go find a job just digging ditches or something.

I'm not even trolling right now, you all are just a bunch of babies who want something to complain about. At least you're IN a job. Do you know how many freaking crazy homeless people come by my store every day? A LOT. At least 10 or so a day. That gives me a stark contrast to what my life COULD be like if I wasn't working and was out on the streets, and I am damn grateful to have my $9/hr as Lead CSR.

Can't afford the rent working at Circle K because you can't get a raise because your work ethic sucks? Go find an easier job cause this one is not for you. Circle K rewards based on time with the job and your work ethic. If your work ethic is crap, chances are, you are NOT getting a raise anytime soon, or if you do, it's going to be something really low like 0.10 cents or 0.05 cents.

Bunch of whiny babies.

Jo747 Mar 06, 2016

I went to the Circle K in Hanover NH the clerk told me that he couldn't give me back all my change because he had to wait for someone to come and open the safe. It wasn't a lot of change ($.23) but he told me to wait. I couldn't wait. He didn't know how long I would have to wait. And do they drug test employees? Kid was stoned out of his mind

• So
    SouthernGrl Nov 01, 2018

@Jo747 That's just a crock of bull! There's no reason he shouldn't have been able to give you your change! If he didn't have it in his drawer, it is policy to give the next amount higher that you can come close to. So if he couldn't get change but has a dollar bill in his drawer, he's supposed to give that to you! I don't understand what kind of idiots that circle k is hiring, but they need to up their standards and get people who know what to do!

Reviewer25759 Jan 27, 2016

Girl jamie thats works at phelan ca store is rude and rediculous that she is asking a friend of mine if he can get her some herion on her break well shes got her uniform on crazy. I just started going to ampm instead

• At store 9790 there i s a !manager named amanda who has stole from the a.t.m and has taken cigerets also if corpret looked into it when the a.t.m was noticed short by another manager instead of listening to her excuse they would have known she was stealing. While her and another manager was in on it also. Her audit came up short in cigs she then called the manager that was in on the stealing at the Belcher store and told her too drop cartons of new ports put to replace shortage. And here she is firing other ppl for stealing and making heself out to be a sainy. gRANTEd no one should steal but how do u sit there turn someone else in who hasn't even stolen close to the amount u have. It just gives her more power to steal and gft away with it and make everyone else out to be the bad guy. By the way review the cameras it was when she first came to the store and was hired.her and the manager that was training her were stealing. The district manager knows about the a.t.m shortage but never did anything about it just let them talk there way out of it. She came in regular clothing the day before a manager from another store reported the money being short from the a.t.m. anyways she came in shorts and I believe a gray tee shirt used her keys to open the a.t.m oi started at her semimbles oh I can loose my job for this and leaves. The next day the manager that had to come and cover r store was doing her daily duties safe count paper work, then when she cointedatm it was hundreds of dollars short she called r district manager who came down. She liked Sherry manager of 9790 so Sherry talked her way out of her friend Amanda stealing because they both were.. But amandabwas the one who stole the a.t.m money the day before manager counted and reported it missing

• Vi
    Vicki Dunn Pritchard Jan 10, 2016

does anyone know what happen when you are a store manager and they walk in one day and say your store will close in 2 weeks and you are being sent to another tore as a lam . they took my manager job away from me all my overtime and bonus pay. put me back to 40 hours a week .who can i contact or . what should i do I'm out about 16 thousand a year . can anyone help me find any one to help . my store will close on jan 18th

• Rb
    Rbland1977 Dec 21, 2015

I was a manager at a convenience store and I did this not to be a tattle tail but, , it happened. I put a coffee lid and there was a little Debbie cake on the floor, , exactly three weeks later it's still in the same place, , coffee which has been sitting for 6 hours, , who wants old coffee. Toranado sit there till they are dry this happens everyday

Reviewer93995 Oct 13, 2015

Im a everyday customer at circle k on perris blvd & dracaea ave in moreno valley ca i dont know what the deal is lately it seems to be getting worse its with the soda machine or ice machine if it is actually working then they are out of cups all sizes someone needs to get it together at that store and the clerks are rude and seem to play around to much

• Lj
    Ljwilson247 Sep 24, 2015

I used to work at the Circle K in Greensboro NC (New Garden and Battleground ave) and all I gotta say is F*** Circle K I was hospitalized and I called off of work and my manager even spoke to my doctors and caseworkers to confirm why I was hospitalized I come back to work a week later just to find out I've been taking out the system and terminated. Honestly it was a blessing in disguise because I no longer live in crappy NC I moved to Las Vegas now I got a job that pays me better and I get along with everyone there (including management) and I even got blessed with a second job that pays me $11.50- $15 per hour. So though I lost a crappy job located in a inbred redneck racist area I gained 2 great jobs. So Circle K and the b*****s that had me terminated from your piss poor excuse of a company thank you for letting me go therefore giving me the opportunity to find new companies that actually care about their employees and pay me more than a crappy $8 per hour. F*** your crooked ### corporation and I wouldn't even wish this job upon my worst enemy, I will never shop buy gas hell I wouldn't even piss in a circle k ever in my life again.

• Ke
    Kendra Benson Pleasant Sep 16, 2015

I worked circle k for EIGHT and 1/2 yrs!!! full dedication...always came in when needed...called off only THREE times...became a manager, , , and was terminated over tests employees must do on the computer every 6 months..at time my employees did the tests i was sent OUT OF TOWN (1 hour drive away) to take a class at THEIR corporate office!!! However, was told the employees cheated on the tests and that I "should have known".really???????????? just how was I to know...1. i was NOT in town 2. video does NOT show the office of which contains the computer that they took the tests on!!! Guess thats dedication for ya!!! they dont care..never did and never will

• Do
    Donna Cullen Jul 28, 2015

That's why I quit Circle K. I worked for Super Pantry for four years and never had a problem with management, the minute Circle K bought them out it was downhill from there. The day they told me that if I didn't ask EVERY single customer for a donation I would be terminated, I turned around, left the office, and out the door. I don't think they should threaten you like that. A donation should be voluntary, not forced upon people. Most places I see a jar or something for a donation, and once in awhile I'll drop my change in. Making people ask everyone for one or be fired should be against the law.

• Sg
    sgenn40 Jul 12, 2015

I work for circle k for 3 years .every time the manager goes on vacation. Her 2 assistance managers start bull-s**t with me. Plus she h as a their working for her. I really hope they improve the business. Because they will lose a lot of good people and customer. I hope this gets to the right people and they take of it

• Gl
    Glenn Harris Watson Jul 06, 2015

Dont work for circle k if possible, especially if you live in a bad area. If you live in a right to work state they can and will fire you for any given reason. So if you dont mind kissing ### to your market manager then by all means kiss ### and live on your knees. You will probably keep your job. Maybe. Better places to work trust me.

• Gl
    Glenn Harris Watson Jul 06, 2015

Try not to work for Circle K if possible.

• Nu
    Nun Ya Jan 17, 2015

Same exact thing here! They told me I would start as a lead at 8.50. Then, AFTER I started working my first shift, I was informed that it would be only 8.00. I had one shirt. My manager said there werent any more my size, small. A corporation only has one small shirt? Then I had to beg for my first pay card! My manager had it in her drawer the whole time. There werent many employees in our store and everyone was quitting. My manager changed only my hours and wrote a nasty note on the schedule stating she can basically change anyones schedule, which is true. My schedule was the only one changed. When I aksed her about the note, she told me that was for someone else. Nobody cleaned the store except me. Three inch thick goop behind the frostee machines, bathrooms so filthy that a dog wouldnt use them. I had to empty trash that was heavier than me because other employees wouldnt do it. Complain to the manager? She got mad and made me do more. There were a LOT of other things too. The final straw was the night that I was almost robbed. Four men, one coming across the counter at me and the manager didnt handle it at all. She did come in and put the video in CD but told ME to give it to the police. These 4 men were picked up in another city here in Florida just yesterday. I called her manager and he hung up on me! Wow! I couldve been shot, raped, robbed, who knows... Their response angered me so much that I am going after them. I gave my all to that store! Beyond excellent customer service, even customers made comments on my service and the cleanliness of the store. I had people offering me jobs even in front of my manager. To be treated like that is so wrong.
    Ive been on the internet researching and building my case. There are a lot of negative comments about this company...

• Vc
    Vca Dec 22, 2014

I am highly upset with yhe way circle k handles employee fraternizing my husband and father of my three children had an affair with his manager and soon their after got a promotion i revived phone calls from his manager telling me she was sleeping with my husband and saying she anted to fight me. So i contacted the director of hr and training for the Midwest decision of circle k and nothing had happened at all. He is still a aassassinate manager working with the same manger he had the affair with its like nothing ever happened i do not agree with any of this at all. Highly upset

• Ke
    Kellyinwaves Dec 03, 2014

I'm also looking for the employee handbook. Specifically the shortage policy. I have a feeling the store manager is ripping off the store and requiring the employees to pay back the shortage.. He does not want anyone counting the drawer coming in, just out.. And then says your short, pay it back... Can someone give a link to the handbook?

• Di
    disgruntled17 Nov 03, 2014

I am a current employee of Circle K in Canada. Seems the treatment is no better here. I have been there almost a year with no problems. Until a couple of weeks ago, seems everything happens at once. My father had a heart attack...so I called in for 2 shifts to stay with him(this is what a good child does for a loving parent), when I told the asst manager what had happened she let out a heavy sign and said seriously? I had to be very stern with her that I was indeed not going to work under any circumstances. That passed by then last week I got very sick myself, I switched shifts with someone instead of calling in sick and got written up and had my shifts cut as punishment! We are poorly understaffed all the time and management does nothing but sit out back and come out once in a while to give us a list of things they want to see done by the end of our shift. Night shift the lady that works is in her 60's and they have her working alone all night...and not in a good neighborhood..and a girl that has been there 7 years was just passed up for a full time position which is being handed to a girl who has been there for four months! The manager and asst manager have no communication skills with each other and both tell us to do different things at the same time. Their zero tolerance bullying and harassment policy is ### when it comes down to management, they get to treat people however they so choose. If anyone is reading this and thinking about working for Circle K...I say only this...DONT...spare yourself the god damn drama, go down the road and work for the needs store!

Angel1966 Aug 13, 2014

I am with Circle K over four years and I really do feel appreciated. If you are doing your job, follow your schedule and do not use excuses for mistakes ( take responsibility ) you have nothing to worry about !!! Same for any other companies. I realized a long time ago that the complaining team members are the ones not doing their jobs and blaming anybody and anything just not themselves ! Which is, of course, a lot easier ! Just be honest with yourself and stop feeling sorry for yourself. If you would have done such a good job, no Manager would had let you go !!!

• Ge
    George Vlcek Jul 15, 2014

Circle K, (A Canada based company), is a horrible place to work. Long hours, no benefits, low pay, no lunch breaks, unqualified employees pumping propane on a regular basis... Employee/Manager favoritism runs rampant!!! Senior employees taking advantage of newer employees in every way possible and at every chance they get. And, yes as a new employee you will be the first person accused of stealing if, (God forbid) anything is missing or if a register is short at the end of a shift. CSR @ Circle K is the most thankless job out there. As much as Walmart gets a bad rep, for the treatment of their employees, it is almost a paid vacation compared to working for the Circle K...

john papesh Jul 13, 2014

the fire wood was on sale for 2/for 11$ and loran said thats canceld today and called the pollice and she was a witch

• To
    [email protected] Jun 21, 2014

I have been there over 10 years and have had many times where I felt miss treated by not only my manager but the district manager Duane Sharp. Avoid Circle K like the plague Nothing and I mean nothing good will come from this company

subash pujani Jan 31, 2014

RUDE MANAGER NAMED - BILL @ CIRCLE K / 76 GAS STATION AT 3002 NE SUNSET BLVD, RENTON, WA 98056 (STORE / DEALER NO, [protected])

I live and go to our local CIRCLE K / 76 GAS STATION AT 3002 NE SUNSET BLVD, RENTON, WA 98056 (STORE / DEALER NO, [protected]) quite often. On January 27, 2014 I went in the afternoon for one item and was told it would be about 10 minutes to ring me up because he was on phone. I have been inconvenienced by this before and I, and many others were not happy. you’d think a large corporation like Circle K / 76 Gas Station would have a system in place that would not affect their customers! Then, I was walking in Circle K / 76 Gas Station and trying to buy a pack of cigarettes and handed him an I’d card and he said he ( BILL – MANAGER) couldn’t sell me my cigarettes cause it had no expiration date and state ID’s don’t have expiration dates.
    I told him he was being rude and he threw my money at me and told me to get the f*** out of his store nor wouldn’t sell me gas before walking out, what he had gave me by speaking on the phone after getting corporate number extremely rude and was unkind to his customer’s, and was giving me wrong numbers when calling trying to get Circle K / 76 Gas Station corporate number by giving me a run around numbers.

RUDE MANAGER NAMED - BILL -

RUDE MANAGER - BILL

subash pujani Jan 31, 2014

I live and go to our local Circle K / 76 Gas Station at 3002 NE Sunset Blvd, Renton, WA 98056 (Store / Dealer No, [protected]) quite often. On January 27, 2014 I went in the afternoon for one item and was told it would be about 10 minutes to ring me up because he was on phone. I have been inconvenienced by this before and I, and many others were not happy. you’d think a large corporation like Circle K / 76 Gas Station would have a system in place that would not affect their customers! Then, I was walking in Circle K / 76 Gas Station and trying to buy a pack of cigarettes and handed him an I’d card and he said he ( BILL – MANAGER) couldn’t sell me my cigarettes cause it had no expiration date and state ID’s don’t have expiration dates.

• Sp
    spaztakitty Jan 21, 2014

When I started working at my old job we were owned by an awesome company. . Then our owner died and the company got sold to circle k. . It has since went to ###. . I left after 6 months. . I couldn't handle them constantly changing the schedule last minute and never having enough people working. Then getting in trouble for stuff not being done. . . I will never work for that company again. They are shadey and the higher ups don't really care about their employees. . They fire you and make up reasons just because they don't like you or you actually try to do your job the right way. . So many of my old regular customers tell me they do not go there any more. . Bad company bad customer service and bad employee treatment. .

• Ve
    vectoraz Oct 05, 2013

Circle k has been known to constantly up sell their customers. So today I found it quite fulfulling when a customer who was right in front of me inline blew up at the clerk when she asked the customer if he wanted to donate his change and he quite clearly informed the clerk that she makes people people feel "real guilty" when they do that and then stormed off. After this exchange that took place and after that customer left the store unhappily I then asked her why they do that? and she claimed that it was circle k's policy that they must upsell and ask every customer for their change, and that she would get in trouble if she didn't ask. Well then this is just terrible customer service if circle k does this, and it's no wonder why everyone is flocking to QT for their convenience store needs, and I totally let the clerk know that I agreed with the sentiment of the customer who was in front of me, because I have long felt that coming to one of their stores has always made me feel this way, and this is the exact same reason why I don't go to circle k unless I absolutely have too. Circle K go ahead and keep up the good work!

annemarie smithers Aug 26, 2013

ps i owned a corporation myself sold out to a partner and moved to florida! i would never treat my employees as i hear and have experienced the way this corporation does. mind you i had a small corp with only 20 employees but still they were people working for me. they were honest and hard working in my image. i worked with them not against them. very sad how our government would allow these corporations to come from other countries and disrespect our codes of ethics pertaining to employees. if you respect your employees they will respect you and work harder and more honestly for they would not want to disappoint their bosses. cumberland farms was pulling this ### on their employees and were brought to federal court for accusing their employees of stealing to the point they were locking them in closets until they admitted it! stand strong and together and file your complaints in federal court. lawyers love it corporations dont. they will research every complaint. i hope you win! go get them!