CIMB Bankvery rude customer service

M Review updated:

I'm really un satisfy with the service provide by CIMB bank at Kampung Baru branch. The person in charge named by Sham was very rude and Arrogant. Never give a proper guidance. The staff is not professional at all. Talks like a gangster. I'm Really not going to have any account and loan with this bank. Really a stupid management.

They are not care about customer. money minded organization. I'm really disappointed with services provided by CIMB bank.

• Updated by Salina Omar · Jun 06, 2018

itu sahaja

• Updated by Sibkrishna Ghoshal · Mar 21, 2019

Very poor and useless bank. Wastage of time. I must close my account with this bank!

• Updated by Sibkrishna Ghoshal · Mar 23, 2019

Just call instead of delaying the matter by saying incomplete complaint

• Updated by Only she knows · Jul 01, 2019

Please ignore this complaint.. i start to feel bad already.. im sorry

• Updated by bad macho · Jan 30, 2020

didn't give coorperation to cimb bank tasek ipoh branch regarding customer lost account book

• Updated by Shaalni Pradhaa · Apr 08, 2020

It was a few days I contact CIMB through customer service number. Nobody willing to answer the call even is an emergency purpose! Understand everyone have busy but when coming to customer service, there is a proper way to treat a customer. I feel very unsatisfying! do free to upgrade your customer service.

maz Sep 03, 2008

I am having te same problem with CIMB. I would say their service level is total sucks!!! I am one of the mortgage customer and I hardly received my monthly statement. I was complaining to the sales staff and I was refered to another department. It end up with dissaster!!! I am still not getting my statement!!

Now, I am thinking to transfer out my mortgage loan with CIMB.

Hamidah binti Mustafa Sep 04, 2008

Saya pun menghadapi masaalah yang sama dengan CIMB Senawang. Pernah telefon bahagian Pinjaman Rumah beberapa kali dan semuanya di jawab oleh En. Kamarudin kerana petugas tersebut tiada. Saya telefon ke Ibu Pejabat KL dan membuat aduan mengenai nya. Baru-baru ni saya pergi ke CIMB Senawang dan kakitangan (Tingkat Satu) tidak menunjukkan sikap MESRA PELANGGAN. Ini adalah kali ke dua saya buat aduan pada En Kamaruddin dan saya juga tidak keberatan untuk bertukar ke Institusi Perbankan lain. Pagi tadi saya telefon sekali lagi dan bercakap dengan En. Foo Shyy Kian dan terima kasih di atas khidmat nasihat yang telah beliau berikan.

• Ia
    iamgood Sep 22, 2008

Disappointing service from housing loan agent of CIMB.

This morning my agent called saying my loan approved already. When I was happy about it, she said something like this "if you 1 2 see the offer letter, I can show you but you cannot have copy of it..." what the...!!! When questioned why, she replied "oh, this is bank's rules to avoid people taking our loan package and compare around" again, what the...!!!

what kind of rules was that! I tot I should have like 14 days to consider the package and as a consumer with rational thinking, what's wrong with comparing the package with other banks?? I ask her to go back to her boss, think this over and give me a logic reply later. Not to mention, at the 1st meeting the agent only show me limited information on the package, not like other agent bring calculators, laptops, information folder...

I really need to consider this bank before signing the paper with them.

Chong Pei Chen Oct 11, 2008

Complaint to CIMB BANK Kedah

- Sungai petani, Jalan Ibrahim
    - before, machine is available for using
    - after insert money during checking amount machine suddenly appear OUT OF SERVICE
    - machine no S088,
    RM50 X 30 PCS = RM 1500
    - no security guard can be asking for following action
    - actual condition what should do incase have same problem happen again
    - direct report to bank counter only can be make on tommorow cause weekends
    - please advice for the following action
    - when can get back the money

Kamal Yahya Oct 24, 2008

i am now in cimb branch plaza angsana johor bahru. they have totally stupid and arrogant staffs. stupid i can tolerate, but arrogant is a league all to itself! buck up cimb! who the f*cK do you think you are? you arrogant ###! they let people behind me cut lines because maybe they know them. when i complaint they just told me "kami belum panggil awak lagi". Awak? mother fu#&*ker! its encik, or puan or auntie or uncle or datuk or tansri! dont cimb teach its stafffs proper manners? all the bank manager did was lazed in his chair. i called him, he came and i gave him a piece of my mind! who the fu#K he think he is wasting my time? who the hell gave him that right! let me tell this to cimb, you buck up and handle your customer well, or we are going to treat you like dog waste and horse manure from now on! you survive on our money! so earn it. CEO of CIMB- you better solve this quality issue now, or you would be botak alot faster than anyone else in your family!

• Na
    naka Oct 31, 2008

I agree to their bad service!
    I got scammed by a scam group considered which is based in Africa, and they use account in CIMB to collect or keep scammed money. I reported it to their customer service and told them to check the account related info asap and unable the illegally used account then try to give back my money which had been sent from my own account in my bank in my country. Also, I asked them to reply me as soon as they find out anything about it and freeze the account, but they have not done anything even though I had talk to them about it several times! All I got from them were "We wish to inform you that we have fowarded your concerns to the relevant for their attention and immediate action. We highly appreciate on your patience while the relevant department attending this case at the best level" and some messages just like that.

I told them it was a serious crimb and very urgent. It has been about two and a half months since I first talked to them.
    I wonder how many decades do they want me to be patient. How come they handle such serious and urgent case like this? CIMB is the last bank for me to open an account or to do anything else. I cannot call it a bank. Trust, honesty and safety are main thing to be called a bank.

• Da
    Daniel Lim Chin Seng Nov 13, 2008

Disappointing service of CIMB BANK.
    I have facing some problem with CIMB branch at Taiping Perak... when i am applying the housing loan to them... I would say their service level is very very bad... .
    I have apply the housing loan to CIMB on May 2008. The housing loan was approved by CIMB . The Officer have offer us the current account application when we apply housing loan from them.The loan officer also have tell us that, our saving account which is we currently have can linked to our current account (Housing Loan Account) to pay the loan instalment every months. (CIMB will direct deduct from our saving account to current account to pay the instalment).
    We have fill in & submitted the periodical form on end of July or beginning of August for the authorised to transfer our money from saving account to current account to pay the instalment of housing loan...On the beginning of September'08 when the date was for us to to Pay for the 1st instalment, we found that our saving account still cannot linked to our current account . We have call to our officer to verify this issue but the officer say KL branch still proceesing...asked we pay direct at CIMB counter.(on the first, we fully understand maybe their need some time to do the proceesing...OK ! we follow what their instruct to us, we pay direct at CIMB counter.
    After one months is Oct'08 when we are going to pay the instalment the system still cannot linked & deduce the amount direct from our saving account to Current account (Home Loan Account) & at the same time my husband who are work at oversea at that time received a call from KL officer & asked WHY we did not pay the instalment... but we alreday transfer the money to our saving account early for them to transfer the amount to our current account for pay instalment... I am believed until today (14/11) their still did not settle this issue to us.

I am really dissappointed of their service...Hope their can improved their service level.

Jaslyn Ong from Singapore

• Di
    dian Jan 01, 2009

saya cukup tidak berpuas hati dengan sistem isu cek daripada bank CIMB.bayangkan bila cek daripada klcc tidak dapat di cash kan di cawangan yg berada di tawau.dan memerlukan penerima sahaja yg boleh tunaikan cek tersebut...maklumat yg di berikan oleh staff di tawau dan klcc TIDAK TEPAT dan menyusahkan saya sebagai anak penerima cek tersebut...tiada budi bicara yg elok daripada staff.mengapa cek tidak boleh ditunaikan sedangkan tertera di atas cek bahawa pembawa juga boleh tunaikan cek tersebut...
    tidak bersistem dan maklumat sentiasa Tidak Tepat!!!
    yang logik nya..penerima yg tinggal di luar kawasan klcc boleh memberikan kuasa kepada pembawa utk tunai cek tersebut...jika tidak boleh mengapa cek tersebut dinyatakan pembawa boleh tunaikan...!!!cimb bank bodoh!!dan kurang ajar!!!

• Di
    Din Mar 15, 2009

stupid bank with bad credit card service, I close my credit card account but until now still not closed,

MakubeX Mar 21, 2009

I think CIMB Bank employee services are getting worse and more annoying than before. The rudeness of their employees are beyond imagination for an ACTIVE bank. Every report/comment that was made customer was manage in the slowest amount of time and that really make me feels like "why do i choose this bank?". Even if we report "black and white" to the manager of the bank, there is no respond at all. Its like we customer means nothing to them. I don't need to tell which CIMB Bank because I think most of the CIMB Bank around Peninsular Malaysia have the same problem.

I hope the CIMB Bank could send their employees to any "Communication Skills" course because trust me, CIMB Bank employees are very rude towards their customer and act so friendly to their friend. OI! This is not MAMAK STALL or RESTAURANT where you can serve anyone you want 1st. This is a Banking Company and there is a NUMBERING system. What is the purpose of numbering system if people can cut lines just because THEY are one of CIMB Bank employees friends.

Remember, we customer are the assets. If we decide to "BAN" your bank, believe me you will regret. You are using our money, so give us the best services because we can move our money from your bank just by signing a few letters. Our money, Our choice.

Better services us better if you don't want to go bankruptcy.

VeryCoolCustomer

• La
    lara Mar 26, 2009

I pun ada mslh mcm u all..i dah buat full settlement for my credit cards n wrote a letter to cancel them..pastu i terima statement yg i terlebih bayar..means diorang tak bg exactly figure for my settlement amount..then after 6 months my credit card still not close..i geram sgt bila next statement diorg caj for annual fees..i call customer service n diorang ckp diorang x terima my letter regarding to close the account..so stupid..she asked me to reapply to close it..then i mintak dia waive kan i punya annual fees n katanya kena persetujuan pihak atasan..napelah complicated sgt n cimb mcm nak kita ada komitmen seumur hidup ngan dia..klu bank lain kita bleh mintak waive for annual fees with 1 call n bleh terminate kad with fill in 1 form, so easy..tp cimb mmg suka menyusahkan customer..smpi skrg credit card tu x boleh terminate tp i just keep them coz i dah x kuasa nak tulis2 surat n kol diorang as long as diorang kata i dpt annual fee waived for a lifetime..biar kad tu xpired sdri..itu masalah on personel account tp yg i lagi bengang bila terpaksa uruskan hal2 sykt dgn staff CIMB yg kurang ajar n lebit tepat lagi 'bodoh sombong'..I merupakan head unit of finance n accountant of developer company..I menghadapi masalah berurusan dgn staff cimb CAWANGAN TEMERLOH sejak bertahun-tahun dahulu..selalunya prosedur mereka berbeza2 setiap cawangan n menyusahkan customer..5 thn lepas i membuka HDA akaun utk projek sykt..assntt manager cimb masa itu seorang perempuan. she's very rude n arrogant just like she knew everything..tp sebenarnya dia lgsg tak tahu apa itu HDA akaun n meminta mcm2 dokumen yg tak munasabah n tdk menerima dokumen yg telah ctc by company secretary.dia meminta i mengemukakan document original n i tpaksa mendapatkannya secara official from my office HQ in Kuantan bcoz its confidential..itu xpe lagi tp cara dia melayan i sgt kasar n suaranya bernada tinggi..tak lama kemudian dia ditukarkan ke branch lain n apa yg i tau dia telah dinaikkan pangkat ke branch manager utk cawangan temerloh..so surprised!! how come the very rude n stupid staff can be promoted to the top management??n 1 more staff is a chinese guy..he was very rude on the telephone conversation..but now dia telah diberhentikan thru vss..n skrg ni i cukup bengang dgn seorang staff yg jaga bahagian akaun pelanggan..Dia ni berlagak pandai n sombong..1st time i berurusan dgn dia regarding on clearing check problem..bila i complain n minta penjelasan dia tak tahu nak explain apa n marah2 coz i request for current statement..smpi sekarang kes tersebut belum settle n i just let it be coz diorg double clearing cek utk sykt i..so duit jd lbh..the mgmt x sedar smpi skrg n i rasa cimb staff ni mmg lembab dr bawah smpi ke atasan..how come they didn't notice duit tlebih kredit for more than 100k??then td i submit scanning form for new authorised person..dia ckp the form x lengkap coz i x attach salinan kad kredit/srt beranak/pasport..what's the hell with that staff??last monday i asked him for twice what's the documents that bank needed?he told me they only need a copy of an ic n driving licence n now he asked for salinan kad kredit bla bla bla plak..geram betul i..mmg x reti nak bagi proper guidance..sungguh menyusahkan..n what i'm awared here urusan i xkan selesai selagi i x bertekak dgn dia..he' s name MOHAMED KAMARUL HIKMA BIN SAADAN, staff no : 02702..n what made me so upset..when i asked my staff to pickup the form..he told my staff..'oo tadi kerani awak ade call mintak borang ni'..kerani??? now i understand why he treated me so badly coz he thought that i'm just kerani!! mcm tu ke seorg pekerja bank melayan pelanggannya??i really hope cimb will do sumthing utk ajar staff mereka on how to be nice to the customer bcoz most of them had a problem manners..kurang ajar..

• 1s
    1seremban Mar 30, 2009

pegawai pinjaman dari CIMB bank ampangan seremban, no manners, tidak beretika sepertinya tidak diajar cara menjawab panggilan telefon dari pelanggan.

urusan yang sepatunya hanya mengambil masa 2-4minggu masih tidak selesai walaupun setelah 2bulan,

• Iz
    IZAN Apr 08, 2009

...BUAT CIMB BANK BRANCH TEMERLOH DAN KUANTAN YG MCM LANCAU...
    Bank paling lancau penah aku temu yg paling BODOH yg memiliki PEKERJA2 YANG BANGANG LAGI BANGSAT LA DIKATAKN...bl time nk duit kitorg paling cpt korg call tp bl suruh handle buat kj''BODOH NK MAMPUS...nak renewkn roadtax dan insurans kereta aku pn mkn smpai ms lebih dkt 3mggu...kalau mslh dr online2 aku boleh terima tp DARI KEBODOHAN BANGSAT2 PEKERJA YG PANDAI MENUNDING JARI...
    X boleh ke korg bekerja dgn tekun mana pg ETIKA korg buat kj...APA BODOHNYA JUGAK PEGAWAI ATASAN KORG spttnyer handle anak buah yg mcm LAHABAU, , , , , , , , benda yg sekecil ini pn jd rumit smpai skrg aku xdpt lg roadtax...kereta aku xda mslh lgsg dr saman @lmbt byr tp KEBODOHAN PEKERJA menyebabkn aku x dpt ambik duit rebet n nyaris kn saman...nasib aku berjumpa dgn POLIS YG PANDAI BERBUDI BAHASA...aku lbih respet kat dorg cr buat kj...berbanding BANGSAt2 PEKERJA BANK CIMB... korg kalu nk buat kj sambil lewa baik pegi MAMPUS ajk skali pegawai korg...mmg elok aku dgr berita pg ttd korg nk ttp 60 cawangan d Malaysia...pg MAMPUS korg rasakn...xpenah kj org lain smpai aku kn trn padang duk arahkn PEKERJA2 BODOH suruh lakukan kj dorg spttnyer korg tahu buat kj sndiri...TOLONG JGN GN PERIBAHASA MELAYU...DA KN KETUK BR NK MASUK...korg xreti buat kj [email protected] sj nk menyusahkn hidup org...korg jgn smpai aku rs benci kat PEKERJA CIMB sbb aku ada kuasa utk bg korg ssh idup...jgn smpai aku AIM MUKA2 BANGSAT NK MAMPUS utk aku hancurkan...

INI PESANAN BUAT PEKERJA YG BANGSAT, BODOH LG CELAKA YG MENYUSAHKAN HIDUP ORG TERMASUK PEGAWAI ATASAN KORG...
    LAIN KALI BEKERJA LA DGN NIAT HATI YG TELUS DAN TEKUN BAGAIMANA BL KORG BERADA D TEMPAT YG ORG KOMPLEN, , , , , , , , , , , PEGAWAI YG BANGANG CAWANGAN TEMERLOH N KUANTAN PANTAU ANAK BUAH BUAT KJ @TIDAK BAIK D KAUNTER @ PEJBT...JGN JD MCM MUKA CALAT BURIT...

kamensatan Apr 22, 2009

weh!!! pangang2 semer!!! memang mung bengong natang brayok mok babi setan burit mok mung blaker!!! Korang tau tak!!! MEMANG SEMUA PEKERJA BANK JADI MACAM TUE!!! KORANG NAK TAU SEBAB APER???? SEBAB NEGARA KITA MEMANG AJAR SEMER RAKYAT DIA JADI CAMTU>>>>TAPI INGAT DALAM KEADAAN TIDAK SEDAR. U KNOW WHAT I MEAN!! EKONOMI SKARANG MEMBUATKAN KITA JADI CAMNI, , , LEBIH2 LAGI KALO DAH BANGSA LAIN NAK CONQUER EKONOMI DIA ORANG ANAK BRANAK JER, , , , SAMPAI BILER MELAYU NAK MAJU!!! FAKTOR { DUIT } DAN KEBENDAAN MEMANG PARAH UTK EKONOMI RAKYAT KITA. DAH LER GAJI NAIK CIPUT, , , , KORANG TAK KEJER BANK KORANG TAK TAU, , , KEJER MACAM SIAL BANYAK GILER, , OVERTIME TAK BULEH CLAIM, BOS2 ASYIK CUT COST JER!!! GAJI RM1500 NAK MAKAN APER LAHANAT SEMUA!!! ASYIK BAYAR UTANG NGAN TANGGUNG ANAK BINI, , TUH TAK CAMPUR MAK BAPAK LAGI YANG SAKIT2 TUH, , , NAK UBAT NI, UBAT TUE!!! KALAU YANG CELAKER ASYIK COMPLAIN PASAL SERVICE AKU DAH FED UP GILER!!! BANYAK LAGI SERVICE YANG CAM CELAKE PENAH AKU TENGOK SEPERTI >>> MAS, GOVERMENT DAN LAIN2. KORANG TAK YAH COMPLAIN LEBIH2 AR, , , BUAT SAKIT MULUT KORANG JER!! AKU RASA SETIAP BANK SEMER ADER YANG GOOD SIDE DAN DARKSIDE MASING2. SO TAK YAH COMPLAIN LEBIH2, , , MUNG GI TIBANG JUBOR TOK MUNG LAGI BAGUS!!!

• Yo
    yong Apr 24, 2009

weh lu punya hal ler 2 mslh ko yg pg kj sn apa hal...? kitorg xde pn bwk mslh ktorg soh lu campur...mslh peribadi lu jgn bwk msk dlm hal kj...apa jadah law hal sndiri bwk skali lu punya psl ler nie mslh hal org len nk soh pk mslh lu...law xpuashati lu berenti ajer la ramai lg org bley buat kj lu...bodoh punya org mslh sndiri bwk kj...mampus lg bagus la lu

kamensatan Apr 24, 2009

HOI CINA BABI CELAKA, , , KORANG NIH MEMANG CELAKA LAR, , NAK CARI NAHAS KER??? KAALO KO BAGUS SANGAT KNAPE DOK CIBUK KOMPLEN TAH APER!!! KALO BAGUS SANGAT BUAT SEKO2 LAR SERVICE TUH, , ORANG TOLONG BANYAK KORANG TAK NAMPAK EK!! MEMANG DASAR TAK SEDAR DI UNTUNG, , , DOK KAT NEGARA AKU KO JANGAN PANDAI2 NAK BUAT PALAT!!! APER KO INGAT BAGUS SANGAT KER KO DOK KAT KL TUH!!! MACAM SIAL LAR LU MAT!! NAMA PUN YONG, , , YONG APER?? YONG TAU FU!!! APER KO TAK INGAT 13 MAY LAGI KER, , , KENAPE NAK RASA KENA SEMBELIH LAGI KER?? KO PIKIR LAR SENDIRI!!!

• Ra
    ramahtullah Jun 12, 2009

yang encik kamensatan cakap macam anak setan ni kenapa.suka sangat cakap pasal bangsa semua ni kenapa, awak nak timbulkan isu perkauman ke. nak kena tangkap dek ISA ke. costumer complain sikit je tapi awak membebel macam nak mampus nape? kalau you ok semua costumer tak complain.yang awak bawak masalah keluarga you dekat tempat kerja ni tak elok.saya mintak awak bertaubat.tak elok seorang yang beragama islam bercakap tidak senonoh dan memaki hamum orang lain .perkataan yang awak gunakan (kenape nak rasa kena sembelih lagi ker?) sungguh kejam.orang lain boleh cakap, tapi kita orang islam tak boleh cakap. awak tak takut ALLAH ke.ALLAH nampak apa yang awak buat.bertaubatlah. kalau awak cakap lagi awak pasti akan dapat balasan dari allah.

• Ro
    Romy Abdul Majid Aug 30, 2009

Tidak dapat dinafikan Customer Service di CIMB Bank tidak layak bergelar customer service kerana bersikap kurang ajar dan berlagak seperti gangster, saya sendiri baru sahaja melalui pengalaman yang membuatkan saya berasa TRAUMA untuk berurusan dengan CIMB Bank. Baru - baru ini pada 27/08/2009 jam 9.30 malam, ATM kad saya disekat ( Tak tahu mengapa selepas selesai membuat 2 transaction untuk pembayaran kredit kad ). Ke-esokkan harinya saya telah pergi untuk mendapatkan semula kad saya, tapi saya telah dilayan oleh Customer Service yang bernama Nazri, seperti pengemis yang ingin meminta duit dari CIMB Bank. Sudahlah ATM mesin mereka bermasaalah, Customer Service mereka juga mempunyai Attitute problem, sebagai orang melayu saya berasa sangat malu kerana kebanyakkan mereka yang kurang ajar dan tak tahu erti customer service walaupun berkhidmat sebagai CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER ini adalah dikalangan orang MELAYU sendiri.

• La
    latiff Sep 01, 2009

dear sir,
    i have been your faithful customer for the pass 20 years and hardly have any problem with your bank i have a saving account, current account and fix daposit account in the bank and also i get my salary via cimb, as a royal customer for so many years and have a good and clean records you should consinder our needs and wants. about a year back i requested for a personal loan of RM10000.00 and can used my AMB and my fix daposit and also my saving as colleteral but the bank declined, the reason being i have CITOS problem. why with all the the money within your bank which is more than what i have asked for was not approved. I feel it is not worth being royal to a bank, i fill disappointed. i hope the bank can reconsider this and help the royal customers, make them your priority.
    thanks
    abdul latiff

• To
    totally annoyed Sep 16, 2009

Same here. I'm previously Southernbank user. And later on taken by CIMB. Dislike CIMB services. Their counter service are really bad. Mebe they have their gaji no matter what happen oso. So whatever attitude oso got gaji, so why behave friendly. Actually speaking I never experience this bad service in any internationall banking such as HSBC and RBS. Their banking facilities is very inconvenience, also I dun know why bank in msia got a service charge for using atm. And acting stupidly by using account booklet which is really outdated. Anyone still using account booklet and queue for money in this world?! Sure, ATM/debit card leads the world d.

Here it comes:
    1. They behave super unfriendly no matter in what hour (off-peak or peak).
    2. They provide useless "professional" advices. Those slightly with brain in their head oso know they are bluffing. THey try to fool customers by finding fault in your documents which are well-prepared by a professional company (which has lots of corporation with Msia bank and experience no problem at all) when you try to apply bussiness loan/fund. I meant what the hell they are doing?! Aren't they know they are trying to lose customers only if they keep behave like this?
    3. They try to waste customer's precious time by trying to pursue them to apply the same credit card by saying that this is different with the old one when you try to apply for funding/loan.
    4. Their head threw your account booklet and documents in front of customer juz behind the counter. And chat with their officers during peak hours while there is lots of customers waiting to be served.
    5. No experience at handling customer's enquiry at counter.
    6. Dun know the application process at all, and try to fool customers.
    7. Super slow depends on branch, when u try to withdraw money using account booklet. I wait for 20 mins to take out rm100 from that stupid slow acting officer. Totally ignore the still waiting long queue, and chat with his collegues.

Only can say, they behave unprofessionally. And always trying to waste customer's precious time by acting stupidly. And collect fees and charges from customers by providing sh!t services. THey operate this bank to fool customer's money+time. Actually speaking, southern bank provide more professional services compared to this CIMB bank.

• Ci
    CIMB customer Oct 13, 2009

Celaka CIMB staffs.

• Ci
    CIMB customer Oct 13, 2009

Kpd CIMB staff yang dihormati,

Kalau tak boleh buat kerja, berhenti saja..
    masih ada ramai orang tahu buat kerja.
    Jangan lagak macam kepala besar.

Jangan buat kerja macam budak sekolah,
    ada yang tak tahu BI pula.
    Kena professional!

• Ne
    negara yg demokrasi Nov 07, 2009

rilek aaa kakak2, abang2, makcik2, pakcik2, tok nek moyang sumer...ni negara demokrasi...kalo tak suke, p la bank lain..
    takde sape nak larang...takyah la nak condem2 pulak...banyak lagi choices in the market!!! cimb tak rugi pon kalo setakat korang berforum/ceramah yg burok2 kat cini...banyak lg customer yg beriya nak kan service cimb!!!

• Na
    natwerdna Nov 14, 2009

The counter staff at CIMB are one of the slowest, if not the slowest in the Whole of Malaysia, and probably the world. Wonder when they are going to change, come on - this is a private bank and the staff are behaving as though they are working in a government department.

javk Dec 23, 2009

cimb hopeless and shoudl change leadership and close shop. better drinik few glasses of urine water from public bank staff. really hopeless lah

• Ai
    ain Jan 11, 2010

i totally agree with lara.i face e same prob like lara regarding my credit card cancellation..i ve sttled evrythng.no outstanding balance, unfortunately not at this stupid bank's side.they havent updated my status.im just worried tht they will tax me th rm50 tax on crdt card cz now is 2010..i cancelledd lst yr..i called them zillion times, but hard to go tru like hell...stupid u cimb...the most inefficient stupid bullshhit bank in Mlaysia u CIMB...so ###ing stupid!!!I hate cimb

sadly goverment officer Jan 11, 2010

CIMB...please wake up...
    A lots of people complaining you
    Don't you have a heart
    Don't closed your eyes and pretend to be deaf
    When you still let this thing become bloody
    One sweet day...your customers will run away
    one by one..
    Don't you think that this is impossible
    This is impossible to be happen
    Come on..improve your service
    And please take notes on my message:
    "Dear Customer Officer Especially from creditcard centre; please pick up your phone coz
    i was trying to called you since yesterday evening until now..the beautiful morning..
    I don't want to disturb you much, just wanna to check my outstanding..coz i am gonna to pay all of it...maybe..i would terminated the card and find another one...

TQVM

andysitt Jan 13, 2010

I WONDER IF THERE'S ANY USE OF US COMPLAINING HERE. THE HEAD OF DEPT ARE SEEING THIS, NEITHER IS NAZIR OR ANYONE AT THE TOP. I HAD MY DOWNS WITH THEM. I HAD TO DO CARD ACTIVATION, 3 OPTIONS THEY GAVE ME. I HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL 3 OPTIONS. CALLING THE CUSTOMER CARE IS LIKE WHOLE MALAYSIA 1 PERSON WORKING. I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ADOPTED THE PM'S CALL FOR 1MALAYSIA. I THINK THEY DID IF NOT CALL FOR 3 TIMES FOR MORE THAN 45 MINUTES STILL NO ONE PICK UP, THAT'S RUBBISH. IMAGINE EACH CALL IS 45 MINUTES. WRITE EMAIL NO RESPOND. SO I THINK THEY REALLY ADOPTED 1MALAYSIA = 1ORANG KERJA, YANG LAIN TAK TAU PI MANA.

FOR THE HEAD OF DEPT OR BOSSES OF CIMB (THAT'S IF YOU'RE READING LAH), CARD ACTIVATION, SAVINGS, DEPOSITS... ALL THESE ARE MONEY INTO YOUR POCKET. BY TURNING AWAY PPL WITH SUCH IDIOT CUSTOMER CARE DIVISION HANDLING, YOU MIGHT AS WELL DON'T OFFER THAT. IT MAKES US SICK TO THE STOMACH.

MY FRENS, LET'S SEE IF ALL THESE WILL BE HEARD OF JUST MERE ... [email protected]!

• Cu
    cus Mar 04, 2010

I am having your CIMB housing loan from Cheras branch. I had a call from this number 03-23025000 on 10.54am (03/03/2010) but this Malay lady did not introduce her name. She was very rude and have a bad customer service. I am your faithful customer which make the housing payment on-time every month. She asked me to make the payment by this Friday stating that I owed 2 months instalment. Actually, I only owed the current month plus RM300. I informed that I will make payment next week but she insisted that I have to pay by this Friday. She threatened that CIMB will issue lawyer letter to me if I do not pay on this Friday. I try to explain to her that issueing a lawyer letter will further increase the customer burden, further more I am paying on-time every month without miss. She just refused to listen to me and hang-up my telephone conversation. I am really disappointed with this type of customer service given by CIMB. I am afraid to introduce any friends to CIMB or to have any deal with CIMB in the future. I am going to move all the dealing with CIMB to other bank which may have a more polite customer service to customer.

From : a very disappointed loyal customer.

normal people Mar 18, 2010

I agree with a very disappointed loyal customer. I am having the same situation a too. It is annoying when they keep on calling to remind you to pay on time. Come on... we are adult and we don't need a reminder to keep on calling us and ask us to pay MONEY...pay MONEY...when they called again next time, i should SCREAM at them.

• Pb
    P bannk Apr 29, 2010

i'm a bank worker..i think the root of the problem just miscommunication with customer & bank staff..i agreed maybe some of us treat the customer without manner..in banking side customer is our asset b'coz m'sia is not a big market..customer also must understand how we work..we must follow act &guidelines that given to us like A.M.L.A Anti Money Laundring Act..we must treat all the transaction as private &confidential we dont allow 3rd party to know our customer background and also their debt..and for those who dont want bank call u for collecting our money that we give to u..just pay the loan...we not 'ALONG' so why need to afraid we not harm u we work based on the law..i want to give some example for some misubderstanding..

>request for i/c
    if u want to make transaction to the bank u must bring u'r i/d like i/[email protected] passport for us to confirm that the person that we attend is the right person..but customer feel uncomfortable very'leceh' when going to the bank..

>b.l.r (based lending rate)
    some customer not really understand what blr is..they think that blr being adjust for the bank to make profit..
    its not right blr is depends on government policy based on the economy situation..when blr is high the interest is also high..so u'r saving a/c, current a/c fd...etc should be increase..that the customer not know...

i dont want talk to much here..there are many choise for financial institution in m'sia if one is not good for u there must have other option for u..customer & bank need each other...we not perfect human being in this world...assalamualaikum &gd nite peace+++

• Va
    VALUED CUSTOMER May 10, 2010

I AM ANNOYED WITH THE CIMB BANK. I HAVE BEEN USING CREDIT CARD SINCE YEAR2003. MY INITIAL CREDIT LIMIT WS RM 4000. HOWEVER I WAS RATHER SHOCKED TO SEE MY CURRENT CREDIT LIMIT WHICH IS UP TO RM 6000. CIMB HAS INCREASED THE CREDIT LIMIT OF MY CREIT CARD WITHOUT MY KNOLEDGE. THUS, I AM RATHER DISSAPOINTED AND WORRIED AS I HAVE TO PAY THE INTEREST FOR THE SUM WHICH I DID NOT ASK FOR. I THINK IT IS CIMB'S RESPONSIBLITY TO INFORM THE VALUED CUTOMER BEFORE MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THEIR CARDS.

No-more-CIMB May 11, 2010

I was a CIMB credit card holder years back. My job nature is as such that I need to travel overseas on a regular basis and my pay day is on the 5th of the month.

Since there is nothing much I can do about my company pay day, I decided to call CIMB to change my billing date. So that I have more flexibility to pay my bill. However, I was told that they could not change my billing date, and if I wish to I can call the bank every month to waive my late payment interest.

I mentioned to them that I may be outside Malaysia and my phone bill will be a bomb for making IDD calls as I know it's always take more than 10 mins for them to attend to their customers; which I believe most of us have experienced here.

I was then told that my credit cards are so called the "lowest in the rank" and that hindered them to give me a flexible billing date. I was utterly, SHOCK and INSULTED. Furthermore, when I explained to them that other banks can provide me with flexi billing date, even I am ALSO holding the "lowest rank card". Indifferently, the customer service fella challenged me, "Miss, if you don't like it, you can cancel your card."

I was startled by how CIMB trained their staff to serve to their customers and it was not "by choice" that I am holding the "lowest-rank" credit cards. I think I just made a wrong decision to be a customer of CIMB.

So, what I did? I paid off the balance and call them to cancel my cards and closed all my other accounts under CIMB. I don't think I deserve this indiference service provided by CIMB.

Trust me, if they don't repent, they are facing a bigger challenge ahead~ Service excellence is what banks are striking for nowaday... and CIMB is not the only bank we can choose!

jacksparrow79 Jun 28, 2010

i think they should change customer service to customer's complaint. shame of you CIMB especially those work at CIMB auto finance kajang. very unpleasant and rude staff.

• As
    ASLA Jul 10, 2010

SETUJU SGT2 DGN COMMENT2 KAT SINI.. KALAU TAK BLH LAYAN CUSTOMER, JUST BERHENTI KEJE..
    TERLALU BYK MASALAH2 YG TAK BLH SELESAI..
    LEPAS TU NAK BUAT LESAP DUIT ORG..PENGALAMAN
    1. SAVING AKAUN I ADA DLM SERIBU.. BUKU HILANG & KAD TAK AKTIVE. DUK KEMAMAN.. CIMB KEMAMAN SURUH PERGI K.PILAH TEMPAT BUKOK BUKU TU.. SY CAKAP..KALAU PERGI & BALIK KE SANE, DAH ABIS DUIT RM1K TU! SY CALL CIMB K.PILAH.THANX TO CIMB K.PILAH SBB BERI SOLUTION YG MEMUASKAN.. I BLH BUKOK AKAUN BARU KAT KEMAMAN N BUAT SURAT TUTUP AKAUN LAME N SIGN MESTI SAME NGAN SIGN LAME. SOLUTION YG BAGUS..STP MASALAH ADE SOLUTION KECUALI MATI.
    2. PASAL KERETA PERDANA YG DITIPU N HILANG..SIAP BLH TUKAR NO PLATE N RENEW ROADTAX N INSURANS TU.. DGN PALSUKAN I/C NBELI SIGN SURUHJAYA SUMPAH AJER... PEROMPAK N PENCURI PROFESIONAL BERLELUASA. INI LAH KESAN TAK LAKSANAKAN HUDUD YG ALLAH TETAPKAN..ALHAMDULILLAH.. DOA ORG2 YG TERANIAYA DIMAKBULKAN.KERETA JUMPE BALIK..TETAPI..CIMB TAK LEH NAK TOLERATE DGN SAMAN N CITOS NAME I, PADAHAL DIORG TAHU KES KETE TU. N I DAH SETTLE SEMUE TUNGGAKAN 4 BLN TU.SURUH POLIS CARI PUNG, POLIS PERSOALKAN BALIK ATAS DASAR APE KERETA ITU NAK DIAMBIL??KES TIPU TAK DILAYAN..
    ORG YG BENAR BYK TERANIAYA N ORG YG ZALIM BERLELUASA. N ORG TERANIAYA BLH JADI ZALIM JK TAK DE IMAN.
    SBB TU ORG MELAYU MENIAGA SUSAH NAK MAJU..

• Ko
    kooi2 Aug 09, 2010

This is a copy of the complaint I have recently sent to CIMB call centre, God willing they will even bother to read and solve the issue for me.

Dear Sirs,

The below correspondences refer.

Please be informed that of the following chronology of events have occurred :

Friday 30/7/2010 (10pm) : I have made payment of RM1200 for my CIMB Islamic Housing Loan a/c no. 0728xxxxxxxxxx at the service kiosk at 1, Lebuh Pantai Bangunan Dewan Perniagaan & Perusahaan Melayu, Penang. After accepting the cash I put in, the machine processed itself for longer than it normally would. Finally, it showed "Machine out of Order" sign and no receipt was printed. I proceeded to the machine next to it to make my credit card payment.

Friday 30/7/2010 (10.45pm) : I called the call centre and was informed that to check on housing loans I would have to call back the next day as after 10pm they do not take calls for the same. I proceeded to send the complaint via online as below.

Saturday 31/07/2010 (morning) : I called the call centre and was informed that I had to go to the branch where I made the payment to lodge a complaint. However, the officer informed that my account has not been credited.

Monday 2/8/2010 (about 11am) : I found out that 1 Lebuh Pantai has moved to 43 Lebuh Pantai. I lodged a complaint with Ms Lim Guat Poh, customer service officer by filling up a form. I couldn't tell her the ATM CDM number as I did not receive any receipt. However, my credit card receipt showed CDM ID as "S132/9815", so logically speaking it was NOT that number. I was informed by Ms Lim that I would be contacted by the bank within 4-5 days.

Wednesday 4/8/2010 (11.55am) : I received a call from CIMB informing me that I have not made my monthly instalment. I explained to the lady what happened and she said she would contact the branch office in Penang to confirm.

Monday 9/8/2010 (about 9.15am) : I called the call centre to check whether my account has been credited, and was told that they can't check on ISLAMIC LOANS!!! I didn't bother arguing with the officer but obviously last Saturday morning I was able to enquire on Islamic loans.

Monday 9/8/2010 (about 9.20am) : I called CIMB Penang where I lodged my complaint, and my call was passed around (I thought only government offices are reputed for such things) until finally I manage to speak to Ms Lim herself who told me they would check on the matter and call back.

Monday 9/8/2010 (10am) : A certain Pn Azim called from CIMB and told me that "KL office" has checked the CDM but couldn't find the RM1200 I complained about. I asked her which machine, and was told S132/9815, which WAS DEFINITELY NOT THE MACHINE!!! That was the machine I used to pay my credit card 1 minute after the machine where I paid my housing loan WENT OUT OF ORDER!!! She was very courteous and told me she would write to "KL office" again to check.

Monday 9/8/2010 (1.35pm) : Some Indian-sounding female officer with very poor English from CIMB called to again, REMIND ME to pay my housing loan instalment. I explained to her what happened and requested her to make some background/history check on my records before calling because I have lodged a complaint so shouldn't CIMB sort of this matter FIRST before issuing such reminders to their "esteemed customer"?! This officer even had the cheek to just slam down the phone on me when I told her to please check the matter first before calling me ever again.

NOW, please explain my rights as a customer. And please let me know if this is the level of customer service provided by CIMB. And please also let me know if your CDM, ATM or whatever system/machines is faulty, I will have to go through this unpleasant experience, with anxiety at the back of my head for the past 10 days, and it has not yet ended.

And for goodness' sake please stop issuing me reminders before settling this matter once and for all.

Thank you.

• Ko
    kooi2 Aug 09, 2010

This is a copy of the letter I sent to the call centre - God willing they will ever read and resolve my issue.

Dear Sirs,

The below correspondences refer.

Please be informed that of the following chronology of events have occurred :

Wednesday 4/8/2010 (10.42am) I received an sms stating "Customer satisfaction is the heart of CIMB. We strive to resolve your case (ref 100803-268624) will call you within 24hrs. We take pride in serving you". THIS IS THE JOKE OF THE YEAR. Firstly, no call ever came within 24 hours. Secondly, yes, I did receive the 'call'... read on...

Thank you.

hambaallah_kecewa Sep 23, 2010

cimb bank mmb sial, , xnk bgi loan kt kite ckp awal2, , kite ni kehulur, kehilir nk complete kn dukumen, , mcm2 mintak, , nk statement bank la ape la bagai2..jnji sblom raye satel, ni dh nk abis raye dh, , last2 bank sial ni x terima kite nk buat loan...btol2 haram la bank nie...buat kite mengharap je...bkn byk pon loan, kete wira je 18ribu pon x nk bagi...bkn x bayar bln2, , kalau blacklist pon kite, tarik la kete tu balik...kalau soruh wat saving laju je cari custemer...btol2 haram cimb bank..

Han Jer Deng Oct 16, 2010

CIMB is alwez suck. Esp d CIMB investment er...

• Ws
    WSS7175 Oct 22, 2010

oh dear, after seeing all these, i decided not to open an account with them. in fact, i intended to open up a current account n placed a 6 digit figures in. i went to a branch in jb today but was turned off with the quality of how the staff attended to me. so i walked off (a lot happened in between).

enough said...

i will just tell my customers that i dun have a cimb bank account...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices