Having problems with CIMB Bank?

CIMB Bank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 21, 2008. The latest review Rude teller clerk was posted on Apr 16, 2021. The latest complaint credit card was resolved on Jan 11, 2017. CIMB Bank has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 163 reviews. CIMB Bank has resolved 23 complaints.

CIMB Bank Customer Service Contacts

+60 362 047 788 (Malaysia)
+65 63 337 777 (Singapore)
+855 23 988 388 (Cambodia)
+66 26 267 777 (Thailand)
Level 19, Menara Bumiputra-Commerce, № 11 Jalan Raja Laut
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia - 50350

CIMB Bank Complaints & Reviews

CIMBirresponsible and unreliable service

I myself and my wife are both really tired and disappointed on the service of CIMB in KLCC branch.
When we were apply for the housing loan, we told the banker that we have company subsidize. But finally, because of the lazy, irresponsible, and slow respond... We couldn't get the company subsidize.

Recently, my wife called CIMB to inquire for some information. And the information can't be obtained at another branch. So have no choice but to call KLCC Branch.
To our not so surprise, the "Lady Agent" who processed our documents have left the bank. So my wife talked to another person. He said, he can't check our record, because he doesn't have the access to the system.
My wife ask to pass to someone who can help.
But he said there is no one available to help.
So, OK. My wife called back later.
Same, no one is available to help. But this time my wife requested someone to return call, and leave the contact number.
Not to our surprise... Never call back.
During process service is bad, after service is bad. I wonder how this bank can be a premium bank? Maybe some other branch is better, which I understand from my wife that the KL Central Branch is more polite.

My comments for KLCC Branch is as follow:-
1. Irresponsible
2. Not listening to customer request
3. Not getting things done correctly. (Resulting in we lose company subsidize)
4. Slow respond (This is to the person who process our registration form for the housing loan, we have to keep chasing. We almost have to pay penalty.)
5. When we have to keep chasing, their respond is not friendly
6. Deny their mistake and blame it on customers
7. Do not welcome customer (We make mistake when we first felt that we are not welcome as we walked in. We thought it is ok, we don't have to be treated like valuable customer. We just want some professional advise and applying house loan. But ignoring the feeling is the result of our great loses doing business with this bank. We lost company subsidize, our time and money. I should have had walked away at that time.)

We have to sign the agreement even though we do not agree on the loan agreement. Else we had to pay the penalty.
Conclusion, just walk out of the bank if you're not welcome by the bank. Just one or two workers can already see the entire performance and service of that branch.

Very disappointed CIMB Customer,

CIMB Credit Cardpoor service given

I call to CIMB card centre ask, can I cancel my one transaction for my credit card but the call-service person mis-understand that I want to cancel my installment plan for the transaction. I just release when I get the statement the transaction still there. I call for CIMB card cantre for enquire but they say I the one who request for the cancellation installment plan not the transaction and explain that if I had do cancellation the transaction must through merchandiser. Why they didn't explain on earlier call or they didn't understand why I request from 1st call? Beside they charge me RM50 for the cancellation of installment plan. Although they had make a mistake but I make a step that I don't want to be to troublesome so I request them to turn the transaction back to installment plan but they said the management not allow it. Why they not admit they make a mistake?

CIMB Master Credit Card — mistake on cancellation of credit card

1. On 29th April, i did cancel my CIMB credit card by going in the CIMB branch at Bukit Jambul, Penang. The...

CIMB Bankcimb bank

ON the 20/5/2010, I had parked my car at Kelana Jaya Giant and when I got back from the clinic there was 2 Indian guys parked behind my car to say that they are from CIMB car Auto Repo n mention that we did not pay as stated the amount due. But when I check with my family, they have but a bit late. As till now we are still trying to get the right person to speak to to get this matter cleared and it is so difficult as they will pass you to one to another like a bouncing ball. Come on, my mom is 70+++ and this is outrageous!!!. Buck up or I will personally go to your CIMB CEO on this matter!!!

• As
          AssKicker Jun 09, 2011

CIMB are a bunch of crooks! They just want to sell their investment link products...they call it islamic...but they will take their profit first...then if anything left behind they will find excusses to eat into that and take away your money! That is not islamic!

• St
          STRAWBERRY9000 Jan 03, 2011

3 yrs ago, i go for fixed deposit at CIMB branch located at Mayang Pasir, Bayan Baru (Next to Sunshine Square) but the guy officer persuade me for better rate gain - Investment Link for 3 yrs to gain 20% interest.He shown me previous record and all the flow chart and all the evidence proved to gain 20%. He also make a comparision to me between FD and Investment Link. After under consideration and to get more higher return, i decided go for the 'Investment Link' that he hardly propose to me.

After 1 mth passed, i recei the original booklet from KL CIMB to shown that i really invest for this fund, i go for CIMB again and double confirm the fund and the interest that they told me earlier. The guy officer told me the same story and ask me wont worry, a lot of ppl go for this investment link too.(The return really higher than FD).

Dec 2010 is the maturity date for my investment link, i waiting for more than 2 weeks time just recei a cheque from CIMB.UNBELIEVEABLE things happened, i just get 0.0002% interest rate ONLY!!! WHAT THE '###' REASON THEY GIVEN! (IT DUE TO CRISIS ECONOMY, ALL INCHARGED BY KL CIMB, THEY DUNNO ANYTHING) I JUST GAIN A INT RATE RM12 ONLY OF MY RM60K FOR THE PAST 3 YRS...EVEN LOWER AND LOWER THAN SAVING AND FD !! I REALLY FEEL DISSAPOINTED AND UNBELIEVEABLE ! WHAT'S THE POOR INVESRMENT LINK TAT I FACE IT ! I RECEI A CHEQUE WITHOUT ATTACHED ANY REPORT TO PROVED!! I SUSPECT I BEEN CHEATED BY CIMB !!

• St
          STRAWBERRY9000 Jan 03, 2011

Bad Service AT CIMB

CIMB Bank — cash deposit machine problematic.

CIMB Management, Please take a look seriously into your customer. You have a Customer Service Department...

CIMB Housing Loanirresponsible, slow and passive

Yes, it's very time consuming and tired to deal with CIMB. I have a bad experience on my housing loan.
        from February until today now, the whole thing is not settle.

From beginning me and my wife have already told the person we deal with that we will be having benefit from my wife's company. We submitted the letter from my wife's company together with all our others documents during applying for the housing loan.

The CIMB front desk Puan told us, all documents are gathered.

Then we waited, and waited. Few weeks later we made several calls to inquire for the status.
        It was not done. We called again, then only told me that I need to submit the latest bank statement. Ok then at the time we submit, we asked about the Islamic Banking, and told her we prefer Islamic housing loan.
        She said "Susah lar, she has to key in everything again."
        (Why we weren't advised of alternative package at the beginning in the first place. Then she doesn't have to re key in into the system. But I thought it is ok too. We will wait.)
        At that time I thought it was just her statement, I didn't know that she didn't proceed at all. Because I already inform her that we prefer that package.

Then finally around end of March we got our loan approval. Yet, it wasn't Islamic loan agreement. I accepted her explanation. But I still insist on applying for Islamic Housing Loan.
        Then waited another 2+weeks. (I do not have the exact figures).
        But the point is, my wife had to keep calling the person in charge.

Finally, we thought everything was settled around in April. Then we signed the loan agreement, because even our lawyer was asking us why our loan took so long.

Then a week later, we only found out that CIMB did not split the current account that is requested by my wife company subsidize. We went back to her, asked why was the account not split. She said we didn't inform her.
        (But I thought CIMB is the panel of my wife's company. Didn't they have the agreement or documentation or something? Didn't we applied the loan with the letter from my wife's company that was showing the amount.) Now she was like telling us, we didn't tell her that we did not inform her.

Now, still waiting, kept calling. I even have to beg her to keep us updated of the status. Because it's running out of time. We might have to pay the penalty or even lose the benefit. Already 3 weeks, she still telling me that the department still having meeting on this issue. It is harder than if we reapply the loan again.

We just want a housing loan with company subsidize. Why is it so hard for a professional banking to handle our case?

My wife even have to suggest to her what to do in such situation. Don't they know what to do? Or they just hope that all their customers go away. Go to another bank. Don't come to CIMB. Are we demanding too much that they can't handle our situation?

Please CIMB, please do something on it. If CIMB really can't handle our case, please at least let us know.

Regards,

• Da
            Daniel Chang Dec 22, 2010

Hi San,

Just saw your message. From my experience... I learn that don't wait... if you have to stick with the same bank due to some reason, look for another branch. Or you may apply with another bank again.

During apply, ask as many questions as you can. Make sure they understand and know what you want for your loan. My experience with CIMB (KLCC Branch) is that, they just don't listen to me as customer.
            We gave our document on Company subsidize on the first day when we apply. When we found out we're not in the company subsidize. She said we didn't apply for it.
            That really got us stunt and totally shocked. Didn't she supposed to tell us we have to apply? Why would we ask about company subsidize at the first place? Why did we submit the company subsidize letter at the first day when we apply for the loan. Yet she dare to say we didn't apply for the company subsidize...

So, we gave up the company subsidize... cuz we had to sign the paper... else we had to pay the penalty.

Regret customer,

sanken May 25, 2010

Currently i and my gf have a bad experience on CIMB bank housing loan too.

I buying second hand house from the owner at JB, the owner give me 1 week to apply bank housing loan. (he ll sell to others person if i couldnt prove him an offer letter from bank housing loan. means i have ability to get a loan from bank or not if i want buy a house? )

What the house owner request us is, just show him the bank's offer letter. (mean we able to loan from bank, and bank agree to offer housing loan to us).

i was angry that attitude of the owner, but no choice, i very interest on tat house and i know i able to get housing loan from any bank. (i bought a house 4 years ago and fully settle the housing loan already.)

So, we apply and submit all documents requested base on what the CIMB Bank needed since 2 weeks ago for housing loan.

During these periods, we made several calls to inquire for the status, but there's no answer from them, they just ask us wait only.

1 WEEKs cannot give client offer letter?
            maybe this can accept, they need more time to process the housing loan, but... today is 2nd week, i call KL CIMB Bank, they want me call back to JB CIMB Bank ... they transfer and transfer me here and there... at last, i waste my time and calling fees with got nothing answer for my loan status.

They need more times to proceed client's housing loan? or more than 1 months to proceed?

How come 2 weeks Bank can't let us know our status is pending or whatever documents we need to submit? (we already submit all proper documents)

Yet now 2 weeks already, and the house owner already sold out that house 1 week ago since i couldnt prove him any offer letter from bank.
            (means, what the owner is right, i even cant get loan from bank, how to thinking want to buy his house? )

very disappointed with this "bad experience - bank"... i loose my face infront of the house owner and cant get that dream house anymore.

that's why today is 2nd week, i still try calling CIMB Bank, what i expected is, still no result on my status.

I dont care anymore, maybe i ll selected the others bank next time for my next housing loan.

regards,
            SAN

CIMB-Collection Management Centre — rude n arrogant stff

Pada 06apr2010 pada jam1617hrs, saya menerima panggilan dari cimb yg bernombor 03-[protected], kakitangan...

CIMB — poor counter service at cyberjaya branch

I went to CIMB Cyberjaya branch at 12noon (lunch hour) on a Tue to deposit into ASB. I took my number which...

CIMB Bdr Bru Nilaiunprofesional asst manager

On d 9 of Dec 09 i bankin a cheque (amount RM300) at Bdr Baru Nilai CIMB branch. On 11 Dec 09 i update my at Semarak, Nilai CIMB branch and found that the cheque returned and RM10 x 2 (total RM20 was deducted from my accnt. I check with d counter staff with (saya tak tau answer and was told to refer back CIMB branch which i bankin d cheque. 10 min drived to Bdr Baru nilai branch with 60sen parking fee and the answer was still the same saya tak tau answer. My question was 1)why RM10x 2 was deducted ftom my accnt. 2) where is my cheque now. The answer SAYA TAK TAU and I demanded to see d bank Manager which was on leave. Comes d unprofesional asst bank Manager to assist me with worst answer. Same question from me and at first samr answer from asst Manager, I dun know. After i almost lost my patience d asst Manager answer maybe d 1st RM10 deducted was for technical error and d 2nd RM10 was for the courier service to return my cheque. I agreed with the 1st RM10 but not the 2nd RM10 because of my correspondent address was not updated and was scolded by d asst Manager. I asked him wheater it is an OFFENCE not to updated correspondent address???
          I asked him where is my cheque now and d answer still I dun know. he asked me to refer back to my accnt branch CIMB Wisma Genting. I said it's too far away and was given the phone no to call. To my suprised it was the fax no given by that asst Manager.
          What a joker doing in a bank as Asst Manager at CIMB Bdr Baru Nilai?

Can someone from CIMB HQ or any department PLEASE TELL ME WHERE IS MY CHEQUE and why was d 2nd RM10 deducted from my accnt???

• Ba
              Bawani G Jun 18, 2010

HI,
              I know this answer is not goingt o help you. But next time you have issue with the bank, just directly ask them for the bank negara complain form. This form must be placed in each bank for customers to use to make complain. It works as I has a similar issue with another bank and when I complained to bank negara I got immediate response from the bank.
              Hope this helps.

• Za
              Zaidi Abdullah Dec 30, 2009

Dear Valued Customer

We are deeply concerned to hear of your recent CIMB Bank encounter. Your valuable custom and feedback are extremely important to us. Therefore, we would like to reach you to find out more about the matter, so that we can derive learning lessons from your experience and improve our service delivery.

Do allow us this opportunity to restore your confidence in our services, by emailing your name and contact details to [email protected], or by calling (Tel No.) as soon as possible. Please be advised that responding to us via the Complaints Board site may result in delayed contact as it is not constantly monitored.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely

CIMB Bank Berhadwrong advice and inaccountability

I had a car loan with CIMB Bank and was previously advised that the last amount due was RM622.17. This amount was duly noted at my end.

Before the due date of the payment i have also called the department yet again as to be sure of the RM622.17 amount - and fair enough, they have confirmed me on this. They have also advised that for final payments, it can only be made over the counter and not via CDMs. This condition was fine with me.

On 28th of November, I have then make a stop at CIMB counter in Gardens Midvalley for the final payment. And to my surprise, they have requested me to pay an amount of RM673.xx!! Boy, was I shocked! I had no problem paying an extra rm50, but i was diasappointed with wrong advice given to me prior to my visit to the bank. That was totally inconvenient to fellow customers like me, but of course all convenient to the bank!

When I probed the staff at the counter on why is there a different amount? He told me that he is only depending on the system therefore, he does not know why was there a different amount mentioned to me.

As a customer, that kind of excuse and explanation is just NOT GOOD ENOUGH! We need to know what are we paying for in details, rather than just obeying to the bank's whims & fancies. And of course, the staff at the counter maintained a clueless look. Then his supervisor approached us to assist (So nice of him? No, not really)

This supervisor was rude, and annoying.
            When his staff was trying to explain to me, he was also delivering his own explanation. How can a customer listen to two staff talking at the same time?! I therefore had to tell the supervisor to shut up, and explain to me on the payment one by one. Simple.

He went on and on talking nonsense like, "if i were you, i would just pay now, and lodge a complaint later". WHAT?!!!

Isn't that convenient for the bank? This supervisor did not explain on the system and just said, "we are not sure about the sytem at times, so we just follow what are the amounts shown". Isn't that just embarrassing?!

Trying to avoid further "extra charges" i have then paid the amount and requested for their names - the staff at the counter and also the supervisor.

THE SUPERVISOR DARED TO SAY THIS TO ME - "I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WANT TO GET OUR NAMES - IT WOULDNT CARRY ANY WEIGHT IN YOU COMPLAINT".

What?!!!
            What about ACCOUNTABILITY, dear supervisor?

In the end, he just scribbled his name on my receipt as "SETHU" - which i do not think is his full name. How rude is that? So we customers can only get your names in cases where we would like to compliment, but not to complaint?!!

Please take note of the name,
            it's SETHU, from CIMB Bank branch in Gardens Midvalley. As he is a rude staff. He shouldnt be sitting as a supervisor, since even he was not able to assist and advice.

CIMB Bankhome living fair & other related fairs

Promotional Fairs like Home Living Fair by CIMB Bank are really a scam and great disappointment. We were taken for a ride and felt very much cheated after attended the said fair and placed booking/bought a few household items at Putra World Trade Centre in August 2009. The trader Ga Hing Trading told us the goods got to be paid upfront as discounted pricing are supported by the principals and CIMB Bank and only available during the fair duration. Furthermore, the instalment plan as advertised by CIMB Bank was not available from the trader, who blamed the bank for not giving them the facility, while the bank claimed that the Trader did not apply for the facility.
              Lo and behold, when we finally asked for delivery of one of the items, an Ariston Washing Machine, the unit delivered to us was a displayed unit. We asked for a new unit to be sent instead (meanwhile we took down the serial number of that machine). We also complained the matter to the Principal company, Obicorp Sdn Bhd. ( a company associated with Signature Kitchen) Tel:603-[protected], the Sales manager, Mr Kent Chan, was most unfriendly, saying their company was not responsible for sales by their dealer, even when we informed him that the purchase was done at the Home Living Fair which was supposed to be supported by his company. His sales rep Ah Wai was seemingly helpful, saying he would get us a new unit- however, that remained an empty promise. Few days later, the trader phoned us and said they would deliver a new unit from the Principal company to us- surprise and surprise - when the "new unit" arrived, it looked like the previous unit, though it apparently had been cleaned up. We then looked for the serial number and found it to be exactly the same as the previous display unit.
              A complaint was made at the CIMB customer service hotline, the person in charge seemingly was sympathetic to our plight, but told us she could not help us, even after we informed her that we were made to understand that we were told the goods had to be advance purchased to enjoy a cheaper price and the fair was apparently fully backed up and guaranteed by CIMB Bank.

We felt really cheated by CIMB Bank, Obicorp, Signature Kitchen and Ga Hing Trading (especially), and were really disappointed that we had been taken for a ride. We would ask every body out there to shy away from all these fairs, which are really a scam- for traders to push off their old stock and make a fast buck.

The moral of the story is:
              -Never go for any of these fairs
              -A promise that was advertised is as good as that, unless it is actually written down in a legal contract, and unless you have the time to actually take the case to the Consumer Tribunal Court.
              - A cheap item on sale which seems too good to be true is actually too good to be true, that's it!
              - Many big companies in Malaysia like CIMB Bank and Obicorp are really unethical and do not have any social responsibilities, and are there to actually conspire with unscrupulous traders to cheat and hoodwink unsuspecting consumers.

CIMB Bank Berhad (Ampang Point Branch) — rude awakening by cimb staff (ampang point branch)

--- On Fri, 10/30/09, Shakila Bernabe <shakila.[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote: From: Shakila Bernabe...

CIMB Bank Bhd. — australian fixed deposit offer

As a "preferred customer" and member of the CIMB Club i was offered end of July 2009 to invest a minimum of...

CIMB Bank — assign car repo without any prior notice or call

I'm here to to make a complaint about CIMB Bank, they assign car repo guy is like gangster & also like a...

CIMB Bankassign car repo without any prior notice

Recently, 21 Aug, my 54 years old mom was being toyed by a car repo of indian gangsters in Putrajaya, the car repo guys push a 54 old year woman and snach the key from her hand before treating to tow the car. When my mom ask her to tow the car they dont want but try to settle.. When we ask for Police Report they said they have friends in the Putrajaya Police station by calling they can report, they just show a CIMB statement with out having the chance for my mom to read the statement. Yes she realized that she is in danger she have to pay, the gangsters follow and ask my mom to pay in the teller which was only 2 months due and still get away with RM500. Putrajaya Police please investigate this they are loitering near Putrajaya Imigration. They used the police name and treathen the people. We hope non of the police in Putrajaya is actually involved. But from a friend we got to know that there are some people in CIMB who browse through the late payers list and exploit the payers especially when they know the user is a women. I myself several times saw this repo guys doing this when we try to interfere they will rudely want to hit U. To all the banks esp CIMB Banks if that incident might have become severe of if my mom get hurts or I will be sure to report this to your CEO and get the culprit. To CIMB CEO pls be honest to your customer not giving loans to all and then assign Along to collect the debts...

• Ji
                    jimmy77778 Dec 22, 2012

Banking services you really disappointed me every time money your car less than 3 months but you two I am talking about 4 months to get into, you can also call people outside to pull a cart when your bank does not call metold me the car expire if you do not also we will pull a cart, they also intimidate they also talk about I give you two election away I will give your car the second option is that you give uscost RM 1000 that we will not pull this chariot In fact, the day I want the money feed you but they are not given the opportunity I have I told the loan sharks and underworld ferocious What is the difference if you do not reply to meitself will take action, I want a true answer, I want you to lose my RM 1000 every time I pay back the money to your bank, also spoke I also say I owed ​​4-5 months to pay back the money and also we are talking about is a few ofplus interest plus months that we have been not finished your attitude about the poor services this bank sevice if no good

• Ay
                    Ayub Amir Nov 05, 2010

billing statement saya atas nama Ayub Amir credit card no [protected] sdh 2 bln ini tdk di email, tlg di email segera

CIMB AutoFinance - Wisma Nusantara — tidak puas hati layanan kakitangan cimb autofinance - wisma nusantara

Assalamualaikum dan Salam Sejahtera, Tuan/Puan, Saya merupakan salah seorang pelanggan yang telah membuat...

CIMB Bank Berhadtunaikan cek

cimb bank Tawau, sabah dan cimb bank KLCC
                  tidak memberikan maklumat yang tepat..dan tiada budi bicara yang baik terhadap pelanggan.Tidak membantu tetapi menyusahkan pelanggan...mengapa tiada sistem yang baik berkenaan dgn cek...jelas2 itu adalah duit pelanggan..mengapa terlalu suah utk memberikan perkidmatan yan baik dan tepat..saya tidak teragak2 utk mengambil tindakan yg lebih lanjut sekiranya isu cek yng perlu ditunaikan tidak dapat di proses lagi buat masa yg terdekat ini!!!
                  management SANGAT-SANGAT TIDAK BERSISTEM!!!

CIMB Debit Card — cimb debit card

to all cimb debit card users, always check your account transaction because sometimes they...

CIMB Bank Gurundarkness at atm machine area

Yesterday I had went to bank in cheque at atm machine, but the atm area was too dark (Without lights turn on). It was difficult for me to fill up the form before put the cheque into the machine. This situation also not secure and safe to withdrawl money at atm machines. Pls take immidiate action on this to prevent any incident happens. Thanks.

CIMB Bankcredit card application

I would like to complain regarding application of credit card & master card at once of your branch at taiping perak.
                      I have applyiong above credit card / master card for 2 time with completed detail accord to your good company requested but the result to return back to us is "rejected" according to my pay slip (work at singapore) & 8a form show that I have qualifies to make all your (cimb bank) requirement. Can you please help to check why there have been rejected by your bank.

Any inquiry, please call [protected] daniel lim for further information. Hope to seek your reply soon.

Daniel in singapore.