CIMB Bank Berhad (Ampang Point Branch)rude awakening by cimb staff (ampang point branch)

--- On Fri, 10/30/09, Shakila Bernabe <shakila.[protected]@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Shakila Bernabe <shakila.[protected]@yahoo.com>
Subject: Rude Awakening by CIMB staff (Ampang Point Branch)
To: [protected]@nst.com.my
Date: Friday, October 30, 2009, 4:34 PM

Dear Editor,

I am writing to express my frustration and disappointment with CIMB's staff at Ampang Point Branch. My brother, Mohd Harris Abd Aziz Bernabe and I had an Housing Loan Account with CIMB with a five years pledge of Fixed Deposit for RM35, 000.00 each (this FD is to be pledged for a minimum period of 5 yrs as stated in the contract). We were also given an assurance by their CIMB's officer by the name of Mr Smith Tan Pang Yu that this is just kind of security measure only and we will be benefited with its yearly interest upon maturity at a point when he was processing/submitting our loan with CIMB Flexi Loan in 2008.

Just few month ago, I had a default payment by two months but then payment has been made immediately to cover the said amount. I was really caught by surprise when I received the bank statement that my FD account has been deducted by RM35, 000 to offset from the Housing Loan account.

In this instance, I went to the Bank this morning (26th October 2009) for clarification, unfortunately I was passed from one person to another and they know how to make their customer agitated. The last person attended to my inquiry is a guy by the name of Encik Razali Ithnin, unhappily he gave me an uncalled remarks quoted " kami yang menurut perintah sahaja" and to the extend of insinuating loudly to embarass me ( I believe with the intention to let other customer heard loudly and by saying..quote " lepas ini abang awak pulak Mohd Harris punya FD lagi sikit kena tolak" and I was then given a slip of paper to contact the next person with regard to my inquiries.

Firstly, I find them very inefficient and rude to customer and secondly, why the uncalled remarks? meaning to say that CIMB can threaten their customer by saying that they can simply deduct from our FD at their whim and fancies? I think not all of their customer is willing to invest and pledge that much in order to apply for Housing Loan. Based on our financial standings we are confident that we are capable to accepted by other Bank which I believe can further serve us better.

Prior to that, there is no reminder letter or legal reminder that the Bank is taking away our FD. After all, payment is not that long overdue for eg. a year or what and we are quite a good paymaster. My job is in Production line and frequently been away for days and all along I make an attempt by the swiftest way to service my loan via 'Fast Cheque Deposit '-please get CIMB to check my housing loan account history.

Having said this, I feel that my FD deserves to be reinstate as it is, otherwise I am compel to channel another complain to Bank Negara to air my grouses and dissatisfaction or perhaps close an account with CIMB.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully

Shakila Abd Aziz Bernabe
Hp no : [protected]/[protected]
No. 3 Jalan Dagang 4/3A
Taman Dagang Avenue
68000 Ampang
Selangor

(CIMB ref no : BO8127121336)
FD No: [protected]
[protected]
cc : Datuk Seri Nazir Razak ??

• Fa
    FARIDZ Aug 04, 2010

I have been a loyal customer and prefered member of CIMB or previously BCB.
    Personal and Company accounts with CIMB but I cannot get a BANK GUARANTEE done without problem even it is with one to want FD PLEDGE. The Officers does not know what they are doing. I have to submit documents so many times because they keep changing format and requirement. Recently they close down their Business Branch in Wisma Tractors but they receive my document for processing BG. Upon enquiring on the BG I was made to understand that the centre has been close and we have to go to Sunway. The Manager in Sunway said that my home branch must be responsible and they are not benefiting from me as I am not helping in their quota or target as mu account is in USJ branch,

I was amazed with the attitude and how a customer can be told off. It is not my business to know who is achieving their target or not. I am only following CIMB Instruction where I should go. Document prepared by CIMB officers at branch is not correct and HQ keep rejecting and I am the victim. Manager and Officer is only doing me a favour and who is actually supposedly doing the job. The answer is no one yet.

Is this CIMB Bank we are talking about here??

Please buck up, I are supposed to be priviledge by being Club member . I am spoken to rudely as if I am begging for help and it is CIMB choice to fulfill or not.

Financial Institutions are also very competitive out there. Please let me know WHERE SHOULD WE GO TO DO BANG GUARANTEE FOR USJ BRANCH AND WHO CAN ASSIST US TO GET THE BG DOCUMENTS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND NOT SOME ONE WHO JUST JOIN YOU YESTERDAY TO SERVICE APREFERED MEMBER AND YELL AT US AS YOU WISH AFTER YOU FAIL IN YOUR JOB>

• Da
    Daniel Chang May 04, 2010

Yes, it's very time consuming and tired to deal with CIMB. I have a bad experience on my housing loan.
    from February until today now, the whole thing is not settle up till now.
    Very frustrating. If not because of the bank is the panel of my wife's company, I would have applied from another bank.

• Da
    Daniel Chang May 04, 2010

Yes agree, I am very disappointing how slow and irresponsible services I get from CIMB. I thought they are aim to be a premium bank, so must have good reason to become one. But, I have to keep chasing them for what's my status. Then, the person I deal with will tell me, waiting for this and that department. The person I deal with don't dare to contact the department too often, else will get scolded. Then I asked if I can direct the person in charge. The answer was again, the person might get angry. But will try to get the permission and get back to me. Guess what, no answer again. I have to chase again. Very tired to due a bank
    like this.

The front desk person seems like having experience. But at this point, me and my wife only discovered the person we dealing with work passively. We have to provide suggestion, give ideas to solve our current situation.

Very bad Experience. Should have read the internet first before dealing with CIMB Bank.

• Yk
    ykkong Nov 24, 2009

i have many complains on CIMB as well !
    The officer handling FD make mistakes twice 1) forgotten to transfer the money to my company's current account
    2) 2nd time, she approved her staff's mistake by transferring the FD too earlier into my company's current account, no apologies made by any of them and each time i am visiting the bank, she kept staring at me. I have yet to make complain about her!

Credit card centre is keeping me on hold for more than 5 minutes, and guess what? i never get the chance to speak to anybody yet, so far. I called up to cancel my credit cards for more than 3 times since yesterday (23 Nov 09) and i have been put on hold for more than 5 minutes. Then i fax my letter, and i have to tried more than 3 times to have it went through. until now, no one call me up to acknowledge receipt of my letter.

I sent complaint on their website, and i got an email reply asking me to call up the card centre (which i have tried, that was why i decided to lodge a complaint on their website..so stupid! it all goes back to square one). Since I did not receive any phone call from any of the officer in the bank card centre, i decided to send email. They replied saying that my email did not contain my signature, and i was asked to either send by fax or scan a copy of my letter and send to them again via email.

To secure myself (since i have fax the letter), i scanned my letter and email to them as requested, and guess what again? This time, the email was returned back to me with a message saying that the recipient's inbox exceeded quota!

How come i have to do things more than 3 times with CIMB bank! This is so frustrating. I am now strongly against anyone using their services!