Choice Home Warrantybig scam

H Review updated:

My company has been doing business with Home Warranty's for over 30 years. We recently signed on with Choice Home Warranty and while the majority of Home Warranty's are honest, I can tell you that Choice is not. Each and every time we call for approval we get the same run around by the same authorizer ( which sounds like some high school kid working out of his bedroom ) and each time he stumbles across various reasons not to cover the claim. This not only makes the customer mad but makes the contractor on the job look like a crook too. My last attempt to have a claim approved was answered by the same BS. I responded to the authorizer ( while in front of the customer, which I shouldn't have ) like a father scolding his 15 year old child. And guess what, I got the approval. We have since refused to work with Choice anymore. I highly recommend a Home Warranty. But not Choice. There are 3 Home Warranty's that I would recommend in this order ... The Warranty Group ( TWG ), 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, and HMS. We've worked with many Home Warranty's and have found these 3 to be the most honest and to have a good contractor relationship. So, Stay away from Choice Home Rip-off. I truly expect to see them on Dateline or 20-20 or some news show soon.

• Ax
    Aximilli Isthill Jan 15, 2021

Bought 5 years with Choice after their salesman told me I could cancel at any time and get my money for the remaining years back. I canceled after 2 years of their crappy excuses and the jerk in their resolution department refused to refund my money. He was pissed at me after I told him I don't like Choice because they don't fix half my claims. If you need someone to unclog your toilet for $75 on top of monthly/yearly membership, Choice Home Warranty is for you! Otherwise, avoid this scam. They don't cover much else.

Danny_Dan Jan 25, 2021

@Aximilli Isthill I totally agree with you. Choice Home Warranty is a bad company!!! they always come up with a ridiculous reason to reject your claims. Recently my HVAC unit is having a problem with the Heat Exchanger and I filed a claim with them. They rejected it blaming it on rust and corrosion which is not on the Heat Exchanger. Gosh!!! I was very unhappy with their response and will not renew my policy with them!!! I'd strongly advise everyone to stay away from this scam company.

• Th
    Theresa Stephens Jan 26, 2021

@Aximilli Isthill June 17, 2020, I initiated a claim to repair a furnace and water heater repair. Their person never showed up. Two months later I paid $190 for a independent contractor for an estimate. The boiler/ furnace and water heater were unrepairable. They denied the claim. They gave the same crappy excuses. I then got another opinion September, which cost another $80. They found a crack in the boiler which cause the water damage. I spoke to their resolution company several times up until late November, They attempted to offer me $200 at first for a boiler that cost me $5, 700 to replace! Oh they increase their offer to $250 after I refuse to take their initial offer. Bottom line I declined. It was an insult. On December 4, 2020, I paid for a new boiler.

August 31. 2020, I initiated a claim for the refrigerator. After 12 repair visits, on January 11, 2021, Choice was informed that the refrigerator was unrepairable. January 15, they offered $1548 for a refrigerator which cost $3400. Again giving one excuse after another. Choice warranty is a fraud . I made a complaint to BBB. They have poor service as well. You are better off without them. A total scam.

• Jl
    Jlbw Aug 04, 2020

How did Choice home warranty get a 4 to 5 star rating and shame on George Foreman endorsing the worst scam home warranty company. Choice home warranty should be shut down.

Dan Bowen Jul 23, 2020

Bought a house that had coverage, had it transferred to me, tried to get 2 issues fixed with my plumbing system. A kid in a mustang with a screwdriver and a pair of channel locks showed up - no exaggeration. I have 2 leaking PEX fittings in the basement and 2 outside antifreeze faucets that wont turn off properly. He said he had no tools to deal with PEX then proceeded to disassemble and reassemble the faucets, they work no differently than they did before he came. Supposedly someone was going to follow up with me for the PEX issues, 2 weeks later, no call or email. I paid the "plumber" the $120 (60 for each issue which is absurd because they are in the same house) and have had no follow up contact. I am less than impressed with Choice and will absolutely never recommend them to anyone nor will I be renewing this policy.

• 70
    70Shi Nov 07, 2019

I am a CHW customer also who has been denied the replacement water heater they guaranteed on my original contract. I’ve already paid them enough premiums to buy a new one by now, but they just keep on insisting on sending out one technician after another instead of just replacing the unit as stated. I’m an elderly woman with many health conditions. The water heater will work fine for a few days then turn itself off. It then can be restarted, if someone is here to do it. However, it is impossible for me to constantly have to go down to the basement, then lie on the floor in order to see the pilot light. I explained this to them, and I really feel bad for the people I have to speak to from Choice because they must try to stall requests for replacements, and straight up lie to keep those premiums coming in. When the technicians recommend replacement of a unit, they then say they never received the voucher. I’m done with them. Their business practices need work, and I am still in need of a new unit.

• Ha
    Haldak Jun 01, 2019

Choice home warranty state that their home warranty policy does not cover any a/c product in florida if it has been exposed to to sun or rain resulting in corrosion regardless if the customer shows proof of yearly maintenance. unfortunately I live in sunny south florida. it rains 4 months out of the years and temp ranges fro 88 to 92 degrees year round with 80% humidity. it is hot and muggy all year round. choice home warranty has found a legal gap to not warranty an a/c unit in sunny south florida. today, june 1, 2019. I am installing a brand new a/c unit by frias ac llc [protected] for over $3000.00 because chw will not cover my a/c unit. they've chosen a clever method of not covering an item other warranty companies will. i'm incredibly disappointed with their appeals process as well. I cannot in good conscience recommend this home warranty company..
    To add insult to injury, they just called me to renew my policy. it expires on july 14, 2019.
    Really? never again...

H. louis

• Li
    Linda2walker Sep 21, 2018

Often Choice Home Warranty does not have a contractor to assign to your claim. You must find your own contractor. Upon his arrival, you will have to contact the warranty company to get pre-authorization. Be prepared for a long wait (long enough that you'll be invited to leave your phone number and wait for a call-back). In the meantime, the contractor can't begin his work...he has to wait for however long it takes. In one case, I was referred to a web-link which was not functional. This is a difficult "wait period" because the contractor does not have "time to wait". He's got jobs behind yours that he has to get off to. Before Choice can provide authorization, the contractor has to be ready to quote them precise costs (labor, parts, etc and provide a diagnosis). Often, it's the contractor's home office that figures all this up, so the contractor isn't prepared to make such a quote or firm diagnosis. Once you get past all the red tape, you're out all the costs up-front and must wait for reimbursement. I've been waiting for more than 60 days and still don't have reimbursement. In the meantime, the cost sits on my credit card. I recommend you forgo this exhaustive process and just set funds aside in your saving's so they'll be there when you need them. I wish I had done that. It would have been cheaper and less aggravating.

• Kr
    Krystal Shannon Sep 21, 2018

Will email Dateline ASAP. When you do, reference the lawsuit that the New Jersey Attorney General successfully processed against them in 2015. They are still up to the same tactics nationwide and it's time this gets viewed on a much larger scale. You can read about the article here...

• Gr
    Gregggggg Sep 14, 2018

My case manager has refused to return any of my voicemails, update requests via my Choice Warranty account, or emails. My initial claim was on 8/19 and my refrigerator is still not functioning. All I ask is for proper communication leading to a resolution of this claim and ultimately replacement of my refrigerator. I am a USAF veteran and am trying to do the right thing here, but it has been extremely frustrating. Today I filed a formal complain against Choice w/the BBB.

• Ki
    Kirkspencer Jul 06, 2018

I am sure the information and lack of response for repairs on the part of Choice home warrantee listed below says it all. Our family's health has been directly effected as a result. I am extremely unsatisfied and expect a call from someone in a role of supervision from Choice to address these concerns, complaints and contact us ASAP.

Claim Details
    06/21/18
    Last Filter Change
    06/01/18
    More Notes
    Fan blowing but no cooling or A/C.
    Claim Status:
    Appointment Set
    Claim Updates
    CHW Representative:
    (06/22/2018): Is there an update on this claim please ? There areas of the house are over 90 degrees.

(06/23/18 12:34 PM) Symone OConnor: Thank you for your email. Please be advised we are diligently working on locating a technician in your area.Thank you for being as valued customer of Choice Home Warranty. THE CHW TEAM.

(06/23/2018): I just wanted to confirm since we never heard back from a repair technician . To verify you have the right contact number it is [protected]. Thanks and hope to hear back soon.

(06/25/2018): We submitted this claim for no A/C three days ago and have had no responses form any repair service. It is well over 100 degrees daily and intolerable at this point. Please explain the delays and give us a service tech ASAP.

(06/25/18 12:49 PM) Jessica Exilus: Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay. Please be advised that our dispatch department are diligently working on getting a technician to assess your unit. At times or technicians are overloaded with work. Once a technician is assigned you will receive and email with the technicians contact information. Thank you for your patience.

CHW Representative:
    (06/25/2018): S & S MECHANICAL CONTRACTORS has been assigned to your claim and an appointment has been scheduled for Tuesday June 26th, 2018 between the hours of 03:00 PM and 08:00 PM. Please make sure someone is available at the covered address at that time. For your reference the phone number for S & S MECHANICAL CONTRACTORS is [protected]. Upon the technicians arrival you will be required to pay a $45.00 service call fee.

CHW Representative:
    (06/27/2018): I have no idea why I received a message stating that my claim status had a missed appointment . That is simply inaccurate. A technician from S&S mechanical came to my home as scheduled and I met with him at that time . Unfortunately the service call went bad with the tech creating a conflict causing me to talk to his supervisor to resolve. I explained that the tech was argumentative and basically just trying to sell me new A/C units and not addressing my needs for the repairs. The supervisor was professional and courteous but the entire experience was upsetting and unfortunate. We have waited four days with no A/C in over 100 degree heat in our area. I must admit at this point I am disappointed in the service and lack of follow up to our repair needs. Please have someone contact me by phone if you have questions regarding this matter.

(06/27/18 11:45 AM) Danielle Hyppolite: Thank you for your email. We apologize for your experience and have forwarded this to the appropriate department.

CHW Representative:
    (06/30/2018): I would like an explanation as to why we have gone over a week with no follow up repairs to our A/C unit under this submitted claim. We had a very negative experience with the original service company that was rude and argumentative and came out seemingly only to try to sell us new A/C units. I am sure this is reflected in our account notes. We have never had any follow up service or contacts since we brought these concerns to your attention. I has been in access of 100 degrees daily and portions of our home are intolerable due to the heat levels. Please schedule this repair ASAP and give us a status update on when we can expect the service.

(07/01/18 12:49 PM) Ashley Turner: Thank you for your email. Please be advised your claim has been sent to our dispatch department to secure another technician. We apologize for any delay this has caused. Thank you again for your patience and for being a valued customer of Choice Home Warranty.rnrn

CHW Representative:
    (07/01/2018): ICY HOT HVAC LLC has been assigned to your claim and an appointment has been scheduled for Monday July 2nd, 2018 between the hours of 11:00 AM and 03:00 PM. Please make sure someone is available at the covered address at that time. For your reference the phone number for ICY HOT HVAC LLC is [protected] VALERIE. Upon the technicians arrival you will be required to pay a $45.00 service call fee.
    CHW Representative:
    (07/02/2018): I talked to a representative today and they said this had never been confirmed as scheduled for today. Can you please confirm with them and update us on the status?

(07/02/18 07:52 PM) Magdalena Trinidad: Thank you for your email. Please be advised your claim is in our system for a technician to pick up your work order. Once a technician has been assigned to your claim, you will be notified with an email and automated voicemail. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer of Choice Home Warranty.

CHW Representative:
    (07/03/2018): Can you confirm that we have a scheduled appointment set with Icy hot HVAC LLC. I got a message from Choice first saying they were scheduled to come between 11 and 3 yesterday and they never showed up . Now I am told it is scheduled for repairs now for tomorrow ( Wednesday 7-3-18) . I need the confirmation so I can take off work to be home and available. We have gone 11 days with no A/C and these repairs are critial, Please confirm the appointment with this company for tomorrow and let me know.

(07/03/2018): Please explain why it has been reassigned. We had a scheduled appointment set with Icy hot HVAC LLC. for repairs for tomorrow ( Wednesday 7-4-18) between 11 and 3:00. We have gone eleven days with no A/C in over 100 degree heat. We need repairs ASAP. Why has the appointment with Icy Hot company changed ?

(07/03/18 12:41 PM) Shiniqua Branch: Thank you for your email. We apologize for any confusion. Icy Hot will be servicing your claim and will reach out to you to confirm an appointment time. Thank you for being a valued customer of choice home warranty.

CHW Representative:
    (07/03/2018): ICY HOT HVAC LLC has been assigned to your claim and an appointment has been scheduled for Wednesday July 4th, 2018 between the hours of 11:00 AM and 03:00 PM. Please make sure someone is available at the covered address at that time. For your reference the phone number for ICY HOT HVAC LLC is [protected] VALERIE. Upon the technicians arrival you will be required to pay a $0.00 service call fee.

CHW Representative:
    (07/04/2018): Is this company still scheduled to come today as scheduled ? They said between 11 and 3:00 and we have had nobody show up or call.

(07/05/18 06:35 PM) FS Martin Lyle Cabalfin: Thank you for your email. We have updated the claim with the information. Thank you for being a valued customer of Choice Home Warranty.

CHW Representative:
    (07/04/2018): Can you contact them to see why they are delayed and ensure they are still coming ?

(07/05/18 06:29 PM) FS Martin Lyle Cabalfin: Thank you for your email. We have updated the claim with the information. Thank you for being a valued customer of Choice Home Warranty.

(07/04/2018): I have called and left messages with no response

(07/04/2018): No call no show

(07/05/18 06:36 PM) FS Martin Lyle Cabalfin: Thank you for your email. We have updated the claim with the information. Thank you for being a valued customer of Choice Home Warranty.

CHW Representative:
    (07/05/2018): Why have I had no responses to this claim. The company was a no call no show. We need the A/C repaired ASAP. We have been without cooling for 12 days. [protected] is our contract number

CHW Representative:
    (07/05/2018): Listed as an appointment set but the company was a no call no show. Please schedule these repairs. My wife's health is suffering from the continued heat and high temperatures in our home.

(07/05/18 06:33 PM) FS Martin Lyle Cabalfin: Thank you for email. We have updated your claim to new appointment day/time. We apologize for any incovenience we might have caused. Thank you for being a valued customer at Choice Home Warranty.

CHW Representative:
    (07/06/2018): New appointment day / time. When and what does that mean exactly ?

(07/06/18 02:39 PM) FS Johneil Hernandez: Thank you for your email. There is no new appointment date/time yet. It appears that we are still waiting for the new technician to be assigned to your claim after couple of attempt to submit a request. Our records indicate a reimbursement was previously offered. To review please click: http://news.choicehomewarranty.com/q/rl00lixa4cM720X_P0KIWthJwLtKlNJBHJEZcOJbWFybGFAY2hvaWNlaG9tZXdhLcnJhbnR5LmNvbcOIJIs2P9KgdZHOxgKvcXPBry2NMg . If you would like to take this option, please let us know. We have also raised your concern to the appropriate department to check for further option. Thank you for being a valued customer of Choice Home Warranty.
    CHW Representative:

(07/06/2018): We are still in need of repairs.

(07/06/18 02:41 PM) FS Johneil Hernandez: We understand you are still in need of repairs and we are still checking for further option. Please refer to the our response prior to this. Thank you for being a valued customer of Choice Home Warranty.

(07/06/2018): ? any status updates

(07/06/18 02:43 PM) FS Johneil Hernandez: We are acknowledging this email and confirming there is no update yet but we are still waiting for one. Once update is available, you will be notified shortly. Thank you for being a valued customer of Choice Home Warranty.
    CHW Representative:

(07/06/2018): ICY HOT HVAC LLC has been assigned to your claim and an appointment has been scheduled for Tuesday July 10th, 2018 between the hours of 11:00 AM and 03:00 PM. Please make sure someone is available at the covered address at that time. For your reference the phone number for ICY HOT HVAC LLC is [protected] VALERIE. Upon the technicians arrival you will be required to pay a $45.00 service call fee.

Kirk Guier
    (07/06/2018): This company just called and said it is scheduled for another date and time . This is simply another example of a breakdown in communication on your part with the contracted companies I have to take off work to meet with these repair techs. Clarify your details and give a set date and time for service.

• Th
    thomaswalters Aug 10, 2017

This company is a scam...I paid for service 44.88 for fist month. Then I called for service for my AC unit that was leaking the day that my service was supposed to start. They said that my AC was not covered!!! Then they had a service provider call to give me a diagnosis...Ha..the Company was 200 miles away from me and never answered the phone!

Binod S Jul 07, 2017

I AM WONDER ABOUT THIS COMPANY OW THEY DO THE BUSINESS IN USA. I HAVE A WARANTY WITH THEM FOR LASST 4 YEARS AND I HAVE BEEN MAINTAINING THE AC and all by the professional technician and NOW IT IS BROKEN AND ASK THEM TO REPAIR MAINTAINANCE AS PER THE AGREEMENT. I APPLY FOR THE CLAIM ON JULY 5 2017 WITHOUT PROPER STUDY JUST THEY DECLAINED SAYING NOT MAINTAIN. I HAVE BEEN MAINTAINING IT EVERY YEAR. JUST THEY TRYING TO DO SCAM BUSINESS IN THIS COUNTRY. I ASK ALL NOT TO GO WITH CHOICE WARANTEE THEY ARE JUST CHEATING PEOPLE.

@Binod S I fully agree

Binod S Jul 07, 2017

@Binod S YES THEY ARE DOING SCAM BUSINESS IN THIS COUNTRY.

• Mp
    M.philip Feb 22, 2017

purchased 5 year warranty. 2 year back Furness went out . They denied the coverage. Then air-condition out They can't cover that either. Both time I had to pay the co pay and do it by other means. They are cheaters now calling me every day to sign up another contract. I tried to block the call. But some how they go around it.

• Ba
    Bad_Customer_Service Sep 03, 2016

I know these comments are really old but I want to make sure people that are still signing up know that Choice Home Warranty is STILL to this day a company that does not cover ANYTHING even if the policy states it covers the part. I just called in about my water heater and they are saying labor to install is not included even though the policy states it is and that the shut off valve is not included because the main problem is with the main tank which is not included. No where in the policy does is state installation is not included if the part is not included, AND no where in the policy does it state a part that is covered would not be covered if the entire list of parts are not covered. The surpervisor was trying to tell me I was reading to far into the coverage but the fact is they leave holes in the coverage so they can fill the holes with what they want. Since the claims are never large enough they continue to opperate without getting sued. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THE COMPANY BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE COVERED FOR ANYTHING AND YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

• Dv
    dvg4 May 04, 2017

@Bad_Customer_Service I agree...we really need to get the word out to the vast majority of people and put them out of business!!

• Cr
    Crockett Dickson Feb 16, 2016

I have been told that I did not submit my invoices on time and many many other reasons that I have not been PAID

Marlina Sheridan Feb 06, 2016

I have no heat. I called for service and received a claim# [protected]. I was supposed to receive an email to contact a service provider but I never received an email or phone call back.

darryltlewis Jan 22, 2016

Do not use this company total rip [email protected]#2 weeks to get a tech. and was told the piece in the back of my dishwasher was not covered .They said they would cover it this time only. I will be canceling it and complaining to BBB after it is fixed.I 've had this for 6 months and this is my first call and will be my last .I will be getting my 1750.00 back.DO NOT and I MEAN DO NOT go with this co.

Reviewer65745 Nov 06, 2015

We called choice for three different issues. Each time we had to call the provider multiple times just to get them to come down and then each time they found another reason not to cover whatever it was that was wrong.

Reviewer79087 Oct 06, 2015

Hot and bothered to sell me the policy, finally decided on them, took my downpayment, promised a confirmation email a week ago, have ignored my emails and calls since. If this is how they handle BUYING the warranty, god help us on them fulfilling the warranty. I am filing complaints with NJ BBB, the NJ AG, the LA BBB and the LA AG. These scamsters should be shut down.

Reviewer25372 Aug 26, 2015

I get spam emails that appear to come from my own email address. Hard to trust a company that stoops to that level of marketing.

• Le
    Len Van Niel Aug 24, 2015

Absolute garbage. Period. A week in and nothing has been done. 40 + contacts to Choice and nothing is done. They took my money for the policy and have not provided the service I paid for.

• Le
    Len Van Niel Aug 24, 2015

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They took my money and have still not provided me with the service I paid for, for close to a week now. Two different service companies they assigned never returned my calls or came out. I have contacted Choice more than 40 times during this process. They are absolute garbage. The salesman Elliot Morgan who sold me the policy is a liar too. He told me if I ever had any problems using my policy contact him. He didn't like that I was unhappy and questioning his and the company's integrity so he now doesn't even respond to me. Absolute garbage. I have reported them to the BBB and the Arizona State Attorney General's office. We also sell real estate in Scottsdale. We are passing the word about this garbage company.

• Ar
    Arty7 Jul 23, 2015

Well said . And after you leave a customer service rep speechless and out of excuses, they have to have a mgr call you back with a new gameplan of lies and excuses. The mgr just keeps saying "sir our policy states blah blah blah" and there's nothing you can do. Luckily we have the internet these days and can hopefully get these losers shut down soon.

• De
    Dennis Walthers Jul 18, 2015

Choice home warranty denied a claim for an AC Compressor repair stating that the defect was caused by another defective part they repaired 2 week earlier. Choice Home Warranty should not be allowed to operate. They find any excuse when it comes time to pay more that $50 to get something repaired. I see in June 2015 they also just got a judgement against them in the amount of $780, 000 by NJ for similar claims disputes on over 1, 000 claims.

anna938-0-1 Jun 30, 2015

we just signed up 33 days ago and and are air went out and called and got a run around from Choice Home Warranty sad

Sam Phu Aug 10, 2014

I had the same issued, did government have any agency to control these SCAM company.

Sam / Las Vegas

• In
    IntelFix Aug 06, 2014

Our company is starting to engage in a class action
    lawsuit against Choice Home Warranty. We are looking for companies, or
    individual contractors that are looking to get compensated for there
    hard work. Please contact us if you are interested in joining us in this
    lawsuit. Please contact us with a Email if you are interested, our
    Email is [email protected] and address it as "Choice Home Warranty
    Lawsuit", please provide your contact information and we will get back
    to you asap.
    General Manager, Intelfix Appliance Repair
    Oleg Krivoruchko

• WE ALL HAVE THE SAME CRAP FROM THESE SCAMMERS I HAVE GAVE THEM UNTIL THURSDAY TO MAKE REPAIRS TO NO AVAIL, KEEP IN MIND THIS IS ONLY A SEVEN HUNDRED REPAIR SO THEY OFFERED $200.00 TOWARD THE REPAIR SO FROM THE ADVISE OF MY ATTORNEY PLACE AN AD IN THE USA TODAY NEWS PAPER AN ANY OTHERS YOU CAN POST TO EXPOSED THIS PHONY COMPANY, AN AS WELL I HAVE ALL THE RELATED NAMES OF THE OWNERS AN THEY LEAVE THEM SELFS POSSIVITE FEED BACK FROM THERE EMPLOYES SO STAY TUNED AN IF ANY ONE WANT OR NEED THE OWENERS NAME AN ADDRESS WE CAN PROVIDED IT TO YOU AN STAY TUNED AN WATCH USA TODAY NEWS PAPER IF THEY DO NOT RESPOND AS WELL AS 20/20, NBC 30 ROCKERFELLER PLT, FOX NEWS 75 9th AVE, CBS 524 W57TH ST, AN MORE COME UNTIL WE ARE PAID FROM THESE SCAMMERS AN THEY ALSO OPERATE UNDER OTHER COMPANYS AN THERE ADDRESS IS AS FOLLOWS 1090 KINGS GEORGES POST ROAD EDISON NJ 08837 CHECH THAT DUMP OUT AN AGAIN WE HAVE THE NAME OF THE OWENERS AN WILL POST IN THE USA NEWS PAPER AS WELL AS ANY OTHER ACTIONS WE HAVE TO TAKE CONCERING THESE JERK OFF, S SO STAY TUNED ITS NOT THE MONEY ITS THE PLEASURE OF GETTING THESE ### HOLE REVIELED FOR THE PIECES OF ### THEY ARE FOR RIPPING OFF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AN SO MANY PEOPLES THAY THINK THE HAVE WARRANTYS AN WHEN THEY NEED REPAIRS THEY WILL FIND OUT THEY ARE SCREWED BY THESE SCAMMERS,

• Co
    contractorsagainstchw May 02, 2014

Choice Home Warranty has not paid on many of their invoices to me, owing me over $2000.00. I see that I'm not alone in this matter. I have talked to my attorney and he suggested that I start a class action law suite against them. Since the amount it is not large enough for me to bring much action against them on my own, I'm needing your help. I'm looking for all contractors that is owed money to by Choice Home Warranty to get a hold of me. There is great strength in numbers, so the more contractors we can get in on this law suite the better chance of us to recover the money that is owed to us by this unjust giant.
    The e-mail address is [email protected] PLEASE contact me ASAP. Thanks, your fellow contractor.

• Mi
    Miker6 Jan 21, 2014

What a rip off- what the sales rep on phone says when they sell you the home warranty and what they cover are not the same. Scam DO NOT PURCHASE HOME WARRANTY FROM THEM, THEY DON'T PAY. SAVE THE MONTHY FEE AND PUT IT IN A SAVINGS ACCOUNT. AT LEAST YOU WILL HAVE CONTROL AND BE ABLE TO REPAIR ITEMS WHEN THEY BREAK VS. BEING TOLD THATS NOT COVERDED.

• Kt
    KtDW Jul 11, 2013

Choice Home Warranty denied my claim when my AC quit working. The tech they sent out said there was nothing I could have done to have prevented the AC failure. Choice claimed that I did not have a maintenance plan, so they denied the claim. I had had the AC serviced for several consecutive years; however, that did not seem to make a difference to Choice. I had had a difference home warranty company prior to Choice, and that company had all of my records. (I left the first company because their rates sky-rocketed.) Choice claimed I refused to turn over the records even though I did turn over the records to Choice. I filed a complaint with the BBB, and the status is unresolved. I have terminated my contract with Choice Home Warranty. Choice continues to contact me to renew my contract. I have requested that they stop contacting me, but they continue to email me about renewing my contract..

• Well Sprint's website doesn't offer a complaint form to email directly to them, so I will just post on an open blog. The only reason I enjoyed my Sprint service was because of Brandon. Unfortunately, he was promoted and now I dread every second that I have to spend at the local Sprint store. The customer service is terrible. There is never enough help and the staff never seems to have a clue about their job. They have poor customer service skills and are not easy to work with. I recently went in with a simple issue they should have fixed for me, unfortunately they accused me of misusing my $500 phone. insisting that I was not operating the device correctly and refused to fix the problem for me. I do pay for insurance every month and the issue is covered under warranty with the purchase of insurance. Although US cellular offers the same plan, it is more expensive, but I will be switching to them shortly after the new year. Dennise and Mike are terrible representatives and I will likely spread the negative word to the people I know. I am disgusted with their service and extremely disappointed that I spend almost $160/month to have my problems ignored. The most interesting part of this passed experience is that the woman in line behind me had the same exact issue, as well as the customers Dennise was helping also complained of the same issue. This is just embarrassing. I am terribly disappointed and hope that more helpful faces like Brandon's will be brought back, although I will not be a customer anymore, I hope no one else will ever have to be treated as poorly as myself and the customer behind me. Best of luck, Sprint!

anonymous party Nov 27, 2012

What can consumers do to get Choice Home Warranty out of business?

• Ba
    BANCHOICEHOME Sep 27, 2012

I have also filed complaints with BBB, attorney general in NJ and Texas. I've also contacted Dateline and 20/20. Choice also canceled my contract with no refund after my complaints directly to them after about 10 months of not covering anything we called about. We even had one of their own contractors come out and tell me after they denied to cover a claim, they haven't paid them in over 8 months. We had no choice but to pay the contractor as the A/C was out in 120 degree weather with a 4 year old and a newborn in our home. That was my first complaint with them. What totally ended it was went the water heater started leaking and had to be completly replaced. I would love to get enough people together to file a class action law suit. Contact me at [email protected] I'm already in the process of trying to figure out how to get it going.

Jamsline Sep 20, 2012

Choice is about to send me a denial letter for refusing to fix my AC and heating unit. Doesn't that prove that they are doing business in California? Also, if you win your case can you give me the information?
    Jeanine
    [email protected]

• Pp
    Ppierceson Aug 22, 2012

Do NOT buy this warranty. It is totally useless. I have called them twice about 2 separate electrical issues and have had nothing but grief. They will not approve anything! First time I called the warranty "hadn't gone into effect yet", but they had taken the payment from my bank for their service. Ok, understood. Lesson learned. Second time I called (today) with a totally separate electrical issue they refused to send anyone out to even look at the issue (breaker box) until I showed them a receipt for the work done on the previous issue (wiring in one room of the house). Two totally separate issues. I even told them to note on the order that no repairs for the earlier issue would be considered. Now I have to find paperwork for something they have no business knowing anything about so that they will consider sending someone out on a totally separate issue. It's all a scam! Read the rest of the complaints. They're all the same. This company will do anything to keep from honoring their warranties!

choice warranty Jul 17, 2012

Choice Home Warranty will not pay the claims as they promise. Choice Home Warranty looks for any reason not to pay your claim. Don't waist your money on this company. I was denied my claim due to lack of maintenance on my ac unit. This is absolutely false because I have it serviced every year. I even sent them proof with receipts, but they said the receipts I gave were not acceptable. The heat index has been about 110 and every day the temp has been 97 or higher. I have been, as well as my family suffering without air for a long time, while waiting for them to decide whether or not they are going to cover the ac. I have a 18mo old living with me. Choice never once called to discuss anything with me or call to give me an answer. I had to call everyday. They always said it was in review. When they finally denied the claim, I disputed it. I said I want a second opinion. They said if I get my own tech and they say there was no neglect then they would pay the claim. He said" That's what we want to do, we want to pay your claim". I did exactly that. The tech came out, took pictures and said it was the compressor, not a lack of maintenance. I sent in the info and they still denied the claim. I talked to my tech about this. My tech told me Choice has not even called him to talk about the unit. They are scammers. Save your money!!!

• Qu
    quadcab06 Jun 29, 2012

Hi, I'm in the process of suiting Choice Home Warranty in California Small Claims Court for refusing to cover a repair. I'm looking for any proof that CHW is doing business in the state of California. This could be either documents or written statements from any California resident or business having a current or expired contract with CHW. I've contacted the California Attorney Generals office and the Secretary of State's office and was told by the Secretary of State office that CHW is not registered to do business in California which means there is not Agent of Service for me to server. This means as a resident of California I have to prove CHW is doing and has been doing business in California. If you are willing to share any documents showing CHW is or has been doing business in California I would appreciate it. Thank you for your time.
    Larry
    [email protected]

• Jc
    jcbirke Jun 12, 2012

During the year I had a warranty with this company, I filed two perfectly legitimate claims for repairs that were clearly covered under contract. The company refused to honor the contract and did not pay either of them. Each time, it was the same story ... a run around with some representative who claims the paperwork was not filed correctly. My experience sounds identical many others who have filed complaints against this fraudulent home warranty company. Avoid them.

• Ri
    Richard Lenardson May 25, 2012

Company claims autherization adjents will use several excuses not to pay claims on covered item, they are very rude, they will not listen to anything that the policy holder has to say, they constantly interupt, they claim to be experts on all types of any problems, they lie about what there professionial service reps have reported to be the problems and enter in your file statements in your case so that the company will refuse to pay for any repair. SAVE YOUR MONEY as there contracts are not worth the paper that they are printed on. If you choose to purchase one of there warranties don't be suprised if you have a problem when they refuse to pay any claim. The only thing that this company has that is great are the claims authorizing adjents which do a fantastic job of refuseing to pay any claims, and they have more excuses than anyone has ever experianced. Worst company that I have ever dealt with.

• Je
    Jes1234 May 04, 2012

Choice home warranty took my payment every month without a problem, but when the toilet was clogged, they never found anyone to fix the problem. I called numerous times in one day, and someone named Troy promised me that the problem would be fixed that day. Finally before the close of their business day, someone told me I could get my own contractor and they would reimburse me. They were still unable to find a plumber and this was almost 48 hours into the problem. The clogged bathroom was the bathroom that my 85 year old father was able to use. They called a few days later, and I cancelled the policy. They didn't seem to care that I was not satisfied with the service. I felt it was a scam.