Complaints & Reviews

problems with policy id!

On 31 May 2007 while traveling from Beaumont, TX. to Hot Springs, AR. car problems developed in Marshal,TX that resulted in having the car repaired. This was to take a couple of hours and since it was the middle of the day and around lunch time, my wife and I decided to go to Chilis for a nice meal and a Margaritta. All went well until the waitress asked for and received our respective Driver's License. This is where the problem began. My wife had a current Texas DL but I had just turned in a current DL from La. the day before and had a temporary TX. license with no picture. The waitress took the license and checked with the manager who said he could not serve me because I didn't have a picture ID.company policy. No amount of talking would persuade him. I would like to mention at this time that I am a 60 year old man. My wife and I became discouraged and asked for his supervisors phone number. We left the restaurant and called the supervisor on a cell phone from the parking lot. We were informed that I could not be served because I did not have a picture ID... company policy. I and my family will never, NEVER go into another Chilis... that's our new policy.

Sandra C Apr 09, 2008

It is a STATE LAW THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TO CONSUME ALCOHOL. A corporate restaurant isn't going to risk losing its liquor license so you can get tipsy.

• Le
    Leo May 09, 2008

Here, here, Sandra! Well said! I'd understand if they served you anyway, but you really can't complain if they didn't. Stop drinking in the middle of the day, anyway. ;) Its not that big of a deal.

• Th
    The Jenn Jan 20, 2009

boo friggin hoo. I work there. and if we were to serve you alchole and you had been someone who was testing us, then we could have lost our job and possibly have to appear in court. no one is worth that, especially over a margirita.

• 58
    583586 Oct 26, 2010

i guess you showed them old man...look this isnt the 1800's where one family boycotting a place of business isnt going to bankrupt them. you dont need to be looking for lunch anyways, you should be shopping for caskets and burial plots

• Go
    god is lovee Apr 05, 2015

I had a similar experience today . I asked for an alcohol beverage, waitress then asked for my ID not a driver license.
    I took out my only Mexican picture ID issued in California. He then said "sorry we can't take that " I asked "why not" he said to me "we just don't " My friend going with me then said ok I'll take the drink and she took out her California ID . of course it was for me so I was drinking it . Manager then came up to me trying to explain once again only that he actually had a better reason and mentioned it was under their policy .manager then said to me he can take a California iD or a PASSPORT I was in total shock and disbelief and couldnt comprehend his concerned . I was upset and bother . I thought it was all about the age when drinking alcohol, sadly today I learned it isn't. I believe chiles must have more knowledge of what kind of Id's they should take rather than just taking one kind. Not all of us can obtain the same kind .

bad service, cold food!

My friends and I visited the new Chilis Restaurant in Lancaster Ca at around 11:30 am today. After a 10 min wait to be seated the waitress did not return to take our order, We watched as she waited on several other tables near ours, as a matter of fact I had to get up from my seat and ask the server (which at the time was taking the order for a group that had come in much later than we had) if she was responsible for the service at our table. She said that she was sorry, and that she had forgotten about us. After we ordered the food arrived 20 minutes later. The food was cold. There was no silverware on the table. This was the worst service that I had every had. I would like to spoke to someone who cares.

Sandra C Apr 09, 2008

As a server, maybe you should realize that the time you went to the restaurant was during a busy lunch hour. Its not your problem that the employees might have been really overwhelmed or understaffed. Its not your problem, but you should have some compassion. Your complaint sounds a bit inflated and I'm sure you threw in a bit of exaggeration. Going up to someone when they are at another table? Whether you were forgotten about or not, have some class. Sounds like you had a bad attitude. Take a look around a busy restaurant and realize you are not the only one there.

poor service and management!

I went to the Chilis in Silsbee, TX today for my lunch break. I had called in my order to be picked up. I was told on the phone that my order would be ready within 15 minutes. I arrived at the rest. 18 minutes after I placed my order and the lady did not have it ready. The girl working the to go desk seemed as if she had a mental and congenital defect. She told me it would be another 5 minutes before my order would be ready, although this was after I had already paid. She made multiple odd facial and hand gestures at the cash register. The lady there behind me seemed to be having great difficulty with her as well once I stepped aside. She must have left out some type of bread off her order because she motioned something to the girl, then she walked back to the kitchen and retrieved a piece of toast with her BARE HAND and came back to the counter to put it into the girls bag. The customer grabbed her hand and told her no. We did ask for the manager though she never did come. This is the 3rd bad experience I have had at this particular Chilis since it has been opened. I did go to the Chilis in Longview last week and the service and food was great. I think the Chilis in Silsbee has a lot of potential but obviously has poor management. Please fix it since it is so close to my work and home.

• wow you sound like one of the nastiest women to wait on I bet you complain everywhere you go and to say the girl had a mental defect, who do you think you are??? The girl in togo does not cook your food you idiot!!! She can not control how fast the cooks get the food to her, so to say she has a mental defect because to had to wait a few extra minutes for th COOKS to make your food availabe just shows how ignorant you are!!! So you get online and make a huge complaint calling an employee basically retartded and stupid because of something out of her control, makes you the stupid one

dirty tables, terrible service!

My wife and i ate at the chilis restaurant in chandler az on 2/14. Time of arrival was around 5:30 pm. Place was about 75% empty. It took about 10 minutes for our waiter to take our order. My wife emphasized the fries must be crispy and don't worry if they come out burnt. I emphasized medium-well for my steak. It took about 20 minutes for our meal to arrive. The fries were soft and undercooked and my steak was somewhere between medium and medium rare. Non of the food was hot. We asked for our waiter several times while flagging down other waiters to get refills on our water and soda.our waiter finally shows up after most of what we could eat was eaten. He doesn't ask to refill our drinks and leaves to get the bill. While waiting for the bill i find out a sr. Discount is available and ask the hostess to let our waiter know we would like this discount. The bill arrives with no discount. Again we flag a waiter down to correct the bill. Our waiter returns and states someone else is doing the bill. Another waiter arrives again with no correction and states the restaurant will not rerun the bill and we should have asked for the sr. Discount when we arrived . We then stated we would balance this problem by leaving no tip. Within 2 minutes the new bill arrived with the discount. Still left no tip. Chilis must train their employees a lot more to compete.

Another issue was hygiene. When we arrived the hostess pedestal had a used tissue and a dirty table rag directly on top in plain view. The rag was used over and over again on several tables. Great way to transfer all soughts of bacteria particularly to and from children. It will take a long time before we ever consider going to another chilis.

• Do
    doppler1985 Aug 25, 2009

Well maybe you old ### you shouldnt go to a resteraunt and act like you own the place. You old man Cant wait until you die and go to hell. FOR making your servers life hell. SO have fun burning and being tacky white or whatever kind of trash you are. WHO doesnt leave a tip Its a way people make there money they only get paid 4 dollers an hour. But your so high and mighty. I would love to go to your work (although you probably just live of the state) and just make your life ### for the day. Like i said BURN IN HELL!!!

bugs in our drinks!

I went to Chilis in North Brunswick, NJ tonight for the first time and I was served my drinks with bugs, not...

unedible steak

Ordered the house sirloin..........what a joke. The piece of meat that was delivered to my table looked like pot roast or pork of some kind. It had been cut through the middle and I could open the entire piece with my fork. I mentioned this to the server and got the "deer in the headlights" expression!! No offer to replace or even address it with the cook. Needless to say I will not be visiting my neighbor chili's anytime soon.

the drink was terrible

Last week my husband and I ate dinner and had a mixed drink at Chili's, a newly opened restaurant in our...