Complaints & Reviews

2 boxes arrived open and crashed

Two boxes arrived on the date given. They were dumped outside beside the garage door. Lucky I had put my car...

my delivery of order #[protected]-1 tracking #[protected]

Hello. This is the first time this has happened, but my regular delivery had a torn package of Whisker Lickin Ckn Cheese Treats, item number 100708, UPC [protected]. The package looked as if it had been either cut or "popped" maybe due to the heavy litter tub landing on it. There were little treats all over the carton and the treats were hard. Please issue a refund for this package as I will not be using it. Thank you. Gail VANDEBUNTE.

• Do
    Doris Black Mar 07, 2019

Contact your shipper. Chewy isn't responsible for the shape or the box once it leaves their docks. The shipping company is responsible for getting you the package safely and in good shape.

packaging issues

First of all, this is not really a complaint, stuff happens . We have been customers for many years and never...

oxbow western timothy hay

Hello, I have been ordering from chewy for a while now and have always been completely satisfied. However...

untold shipment days & damages

My wife who is now deceased, was way to loyal to Chewy for years. The older this company was in business the...

chewy.com

I placed a order on the 5/18/18 Sat. for a order of a case of royal canin urinary
can dog food. Since the order was placed on Sat.5/18/18. it would not arrive
until Wed. 5/23/18. Since i was so low on their dog food, thought I would buy
6 cans of dog food from Pet Smart @ 6.39 each. Their dog food from Chewy
arrived early Mon. 5/21/18. If the rep. would have told me the correct time
I would not bought the 6 cans of dog food from Pet Smart.

True my dogs will eat all the dog food. But considering all the trouble I went
through to order it, It is not worth using their food. If their rep. would have
told me the correct time and date it would arrive, I would consider using
them again.

p.s. I should mention that their food and tax is only 4.00 cheaper than vets
never ever will I purchase from this site.

• Do
    Doris Black Mar 07, 2019

I don't understand...If it is cheaper on Chewy why won't you buy from them again??? And it came faster than expected, take the expensive cans back to the other store! Read my review!!!

auto shipping to chewy's date not customers date

I have been with Chewy for a long and have sent them several customers. How ever since Jan. 2018 they have...

Golden Valley Pets & Animals

junk mail

I submitted a resume for a position posted by chewy online... Received an email from chewy acknowledging receipt of my resume... Never heard back from them. A few weeks later I started receiving junk advertising mail... Actual mail addressed to me personally... They never had my info until I submitted a resume... Now instead of an interview I get their junk mail...
They seem the type of company which is very aggressive in their tactics... Including scamming people of personal information...

nothing has changed

Does anyone from Chewy management or customer service really care about anything? Not sure what it used to...

expired cat food

I have to admit they are not what they used to be and it's so sad because I have been their regular customer. I am talking about quality. I always buy cat food from them and noticed that it is often expired. Thank god I noticed it before feeding my cat. It happened to me thrice, so I won't buy anything again.
And I would like to warn you to be careful if you're going to buy something from PetFood Direct. Check the dates!

horrendous!

I think it's the worst experience with online shopping I have ever had. I desperately needed some...

1-2 day delivery

Their 1-2 day delivery is nothing but fake promise. They don't deliver so fast so don't expect to get your...

promo code

I received a PetFoodDirect promo code via email and decided to try this website and now I regret I made that decision and did not read the reviews.
I made my order and applied the code, but for some reason it did not work an I was charged the full amount. When I contacted PetFoodDirect lady on the phone was very nasty and said that it was my problem that I did something wrong. I asked her to help me but she refused and said she will do nothing because she was way too busy. What a terrible service, probably the worst I have ever deal with! I will not buy from them again. I'm sure they just cheated me with that code!

slow delivery

I made an order and bought some cat food from www.chewy.com. When I placed my order it was said next day...

kept cancelling my order, never returned emails or phone calls

Ordered from this company last year, no issues. This year they ignored my emailed prescriptions so kept cancelling my order and contacted my vet to incur more costs. After many phone calls they still ignored me, ( Dennis, Jamal, Et all) . The supervisor Kate promised to phone back the next day but lied as she never did. After six weeks still do not have my cat food ( Hills I/d ) order! Do not make an order! If there is any problem they lie or ignore you, even if they are the ones who created the issue by being lazy by not reading emails. Sales blames "pharmacy" which cannot be reached or phoned. Never returned emails or phone calls after saying they would look into.

all cans of food had expired dates

I have ordered food for my cats from the website www.petfooddirect.com. The delivery was fast, but all cans had expired date. I contacted the seller and told that I needed new order, because all these cans had expired dates. I got the second order, but the expiry date was the same as the first shipment had. Also I have bought toy from them, but it already arrived damaged. I won’t buy from them again, unprofessional company.

too slow delivery

Don’t order from the company www.chewy.com, ‘coz their delivery takes too much time and sometimes they simply don’t ship orders at all. I ordered dog food from them, but I got only receipt. I waited couple of days and no info about my order. I sent couple of emails to the seller, and he told me that my order hasn’t been shipped. WTF? After 4 weeks I only got my order and it was the worst services ever. Not recommended company.

defective food

Petfooddirect.com sold a food known to be defective by the manufacturer and would not respond to complaints or requests for refund. Do not buy from this company. The food was the wrong size and sold as "large bites." A one month run was made that was much smaller than the other runs. The manufacturer received hundreds of complaints and reimbursed most buyers. Petfooddirect continues to sell the defective food and will not respond to emails. The picture shows first the "regular" size, then on the left the "large bites" size sold by a reputable seller, dogs.com, then on the right the food sold by petfooddirect obviously smaller than the appropriate size. Notice the upc codes are identical. The expiration dates show the bad run date.

defective food

misleading ad

1. I looked for the size several times, but didn't find it.

2. I saw a 5.5oz can.

3. I trusted Amazon and your company.

4. I don't have time or believe a treasure hunt is required to purchase from Amazon.

5. I am disappointed your company is not taking action to correct this problem.

• Updated by Amy Jackson · Nov 01, 2018

Spoke to a young girl on the phone Olivia Wilson she was very rude and was unable to help me with my problem that and is completely unacceptable for a customer to be treated that way

Joyce from PetFoodDirect.com Sep 30, 2010

Please contact us at our toll free number 877-738-3663 so we can to research the issue and resolve it. We take pride in our Customer Care and we look forward to further assisting you. We are available Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 7:00PM. Unfortunatley the information provided in your complaint is not enough for me to be able to research and resolve for you. I look forward to hearing from you. Joyce C.

JohnCW Oct 28, 2018

I was unpleasantly surprised to find the box containing the ordered cat litter (container) burst open. The packing box was closed but inside the litter package was open, It created quite a mess. John

• Am
    Amy Jackson Nov 11, 2018

Spoke on the phone with a young girl Olivia Wilson she was very rude and unhelpful that is completely unacceptable to allow your customers to be treated in such a manner something needs to be done.

• Ra
    Raul Marin Dec 11, 2018

Just order around 7:30am this morning 11/24/2018. Ordered cat treats for $127.07. Most of the treats were for $5.31 and a couple for $5.59. No big deal but when I was billed, all of the items were for $5.59. What happened to the $5.31 prices?

• Ga
    Gary Cardi Jan 06, 2019

I called your company & gave the information about the receiving a wet & broken box with two items missing. I will enclose photos of the box.

• Li
    Lila Ballenger Jul 08, 2019

I received part of my origional order and one of the led nightlights was missing. Please send the missing light as I walk my pets at night . There was not any paperwork in the mailer envelope. the item number on the light that Idid receive was PCL02-03-02JE. I have other items expected for delivery and I am hoping these will come as ordered.

• Ca
    Cathi Geary May 14, 2020

Orders continue to get crushed because you keep putting heavy cat litter on smaller cat treats. This time two bags of litter are ripped open AGAIN. It's too expensive to continue to be ruined. I love you guys packaging is the only problem. Thank you. Cathi

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices