Having problems with CheapOair?

CheapOair reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 19, 2006. The latest review Charding $4000 on a credited return flight due to covid was posted on Aug 4, 2021. The latest complaint Airline tickets was resolved on Jun 29, 2021. CheapOair has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 311 reviews. CheapOair has resolved 149 complaints.

CheapOair Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 566 2345 (USA - English)
+1 888 525 7569 (USA - Spanish)
+1 888 766 3163 (Canada - English)
+1 888 525 7573 (Canada - French)
+44 20 3514 8100 (United Kingdom)
+61 2 8074 9565 (Australia)
+852 6963 0549 (Hong Kong)
+852 6963 0550 (Hong Kong)
+353 1526 9772 (Ireland)
+353 1526 9773 (Ireland)
+64 9280 5224 (New Zealand)
+64 9280 5225 (New Zealand)
+65 80 0101 3119 (Singapore)
+65 80 0101 3120 (Singapore)
+27 110 623 034 (South Africa)
+27 110 623 035 (South Africa)
+971 8000 3570 3491 (United Arab Emirates)
+971 8000 3570 3492 (United Arab Emirates)
c/o Fareportal Inc., 135 West 50th Street, Suite 500
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CheapOair Customer Service. Initial CheapOair complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CheapOair above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CheapOair. Discuss the issues you have had with CheapOair and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CheapOair Complaints & Reviews, Page 11

Cheapoairscammers!

I booked a flight through CheapOair and requested a flight schedule change due to some circumstances. They said that changes are possible, but I have to pay extra $485. The next day I called again, but was put on hold and after 40 minutes of waiting was just disconnected. When I finally reached someone I was offered a discount! They said that it was my lucky day and they would charge only $450 for changes. What a joke! These people robbers and thieves! At first they even asked what price is on my mind for a change of flight. I will never deal with them again! Worst company ever!

Cheapoairabsolutely terrible customer service

I booked a ticket through CheapOair few weeks ago. I checked everything carefully before paying. Several days later I went online just to check if everything was fine with my booking. But I found out that the seat I selected wasn't confirmed. I called CheapOair, but the whole process took about two hours and their customer service was not helpful. They said that someone had cancelled my seat! I'm still interested in who was that mysterious someone. Anyways, I had to pay extra $30 to get confirmed seat!

Cheapoairabsolutely terrible customer service!

Back in September I booked a ticket through CheapOair. But I did not receive a confirmation email. Few days ago I got a message from them that there were some changes made to my flight. I wanted to know what changes they made, so I contacted them via mail, but there was no response. Then I found a phone number on their site and called. Unfortunately, I was put on hold for almost an hour. When I finally reached someone I was told that they just changed my seat, and she also wished me luck on my way to USA. I was in panic! I booked a flight to Australia, and did not know anything about USA. But later I received a message with apologies and I was told that lady on the phone just made a mistake. Well, I hope so.

Cheapoairbeware! scam! absolutely terrible customer service.

I booked a flight with CheapOair for four people. At first I had to complete the [personal information, select dates and seats, and after the payment screen opened. I confirmed the information and they charged $800 from my credit card. Few minutes later I received a confirmation email, but I noticed that flying date was incorrect. I checked their website, found a phone number and immediately called customer service. Their rep told that I need to pay additional $150 per ticket in order to change the dates! So I asked them to cancel the tickets and return my money back. Few days later I received a call from my bank and was told that my card was charged four times! So, basically CheapOair stole $1400 from me! What a horrible, nasty, disgusting company!

Cheapoairchanged the incoming flight

This company is horrible, it don't even deserve a review! I booked a flight for my son to come home for Christmas holidays. I paid a $35 charge just to make the reservation. But then I received few messages that I need to pay more for who knows what. So I paid $80 charge, and after that another $30. But then they changed the incoming flight from 8pm to 8am! I called the customer service and had to talk to a very nasty agent. He told that it was my entire fault, because I didn't check the email. I assumed it was still 8 pm because I didn't ask to change it. Now they're telling me it'll cost $250 to fix their mistake! He promised to call me back when everything will be settled. Well, I'm an optimist, but I was pretty sure that call wouldn't come. Their customer service is horrible! They weren't asked to change the flight, but they did that and blame me for not reading my email! It's just ridiculous!

RESOLVED

• CheapOair's response · Dec 28, 2015

Dear Customer,

Can yo please provide us your 8 digit booking number.

Regards,

CheapOair Customer Service.

Cheapoairliars ad thieves!

We bought three tickets to flight from Boston to Moscow at the end of April 2016 using CheapOair. Few days later we received an email stating our flight was cancelled, due to some problems. It told that all tickets will be cancelled by the company and money will be returned to the customers. Today is December 21, and we still do not have our money. We got another email yesterday, stating that our tickets were successfully cancelled, but there was no information about the money. I tried to call their service, but it is terrible and extremely slow. I had to wait on hold for 30 minutes, only to be told that all agents are busy. Finally I reached someone on the line, and I was told that my money was already transferred to my credit card. But that was a lie! Those people are liars ad thieves! I checked my bank account today, but still no money! Never ever will use this site again!!

Cheapoairdo not use this site.

My son wanted to come home from Christmas. I was very excited about it, so immediately booked a flight for him. They had these very great price flights. I got a confirmation email and an e-ticket for my son. But the next day I received another message stating my flight was cancelled. I contacted their service and after 40 minutes on hold, their agent told there were some problems with their system. I purchased the ticket for $100, but that price was incorrect. The real price was $400. There was nothing to do, so I told them I’ll buy it even for $400. Two days later another message came. They told that there were no tickets left. But the website still listed the flight for cheap and it said there were three seats left. Do not use this site.

CheapoAir.comairline tickets - frustration

I purchased airline tickets for my wife and I at Cheapoair. A day later we received word that due to a tragic incident our son only had hours to live. I called Cheapoair to let them know I needed to change the tickets destination and we had to get there as soon as possible. The agent found a ticket arriving the next night after 11PM. He said that was the best he could do. The amount was more than I could pay so I told him to wait for me to get my credit card increased. My card quickly increased my limit to more than pay the amount. The agent told me that the price suddenly went up while he was waiting. The increase exceeded my new higher limit (talk about adding to the stress of suddenly losing your son). I finally paid for the ticket but was not satisfied with the service at cheapo so I called the airline to explain how urgent it was for us to get there the next day. An American, speaking English, told me that she could change my ticket to early afternoon. She said that she could not understand why Cheapoair did not offer me one of the many, much earlier flights. Then she told me that Cheapoair put a block on my ticket and she could not change it until I called and asked them to remove the block. When I called Cheapo the agent suddenly found the earlier flights and changed it. After several hours of frustration on the phone with Indians that speak a strange hard to understand version of English I finally had tickets. But Cheapoair charged me for two airline tickets and the following fees. $19.90, $19.90, $34.00, $26.00, $32.00, $48.10, $110.40, $65.00. The best part was just before ending the transaction the Indian tells me how he hopes my son will feel better soon. Don't need the frustration of dealing with a company that is incompetent, crazy long hold times, can't speak English, and tacks on piles of mystery fees.

• Co
                    ConnieEarlRobertson Sep 08, 2015

I, too, have had problems with CheapOAir. We flew AeroMexico with them from Santiago, Chile to Los Angeles, California. by way of Mexico City. We ended up missing our flight in Mexico City and were told that because we had booked with CheapOAir that we would have to pay $3, 000 to get another flight. They had told us $6, 000 first and finally lowered it to $3, 000.

Then I purchased tickets for our daughter and family to fly to Chile to visit us. We got a good price, but it took us being on the phone with them almost non-stop for nearly 48 hours to get the tickets and the price straightened out. Then I had one person who could barely speak English that since he had "helped" me that I should give him my $85 discount that the company was giving me. I couldn't believe it!

Sometimes you can get good prices from them, but the hassle you have to go through is definitely not worth it!

CheapoAir.comcheapoair.com booking number #[protected] and ticked is not issued and not informed me

50 washington Street

Headquarters
                  135 West 50th Street Suite 500New York,
                  NY 10020 United States

Dear Sir,

Re: (CheapOair.com booking number #[protected])

On 05/21/2015, I purchased domestic flight ticket from SJC to BWI for 05/23/2015, received confirmation number from cheapair.com on 05/21/2015 with email subject line( CheapOair.com - Chilukuri/ Bala krishna - Booking receipt - Booking # [protected] and Airline confirmation: STDZBW ) at cheapair.com on 05/21/2015 with booking #[protected] and Airline confirmation: STDZBW.

Unfortunately, your service has not performed well and ticket is not issued and not informed to me. Because of my travel is cancelled and spent money for airport travel and accommodation. I am disappointed because my holiday plan is canceled and wasted my money which I spent for airport transport and accommodation. I was billed to my credit card on 05/21/2015.

To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your to provide the compensation for wasted my time and money spent for travel to airport and accommodation .Enclosed are copies of my records.

I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until 05/30/2015. Before seeking help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau. Please contact me at the above address or by phone at 3310 Castelemain Dr, Bloomington IL 61704. Mobile [protected]

Sincerely,
                  Balakrishna Chilukuri
                  Mobile: [protected]

Cheapoairmy agonizing experience: $1, 396.67 in jeopardy

I booked a ticket online with Cheapoair destined for the Philippines on 4/24/15. First of all, I was not too pleased when my selected itinerary was somehow altered within a flash and I had to call only to be told my selected itinerary would cost additional additional $79.00 which i paid but I knew that somehow the system altered my selection. I was not too happy about that. However, this is minor compared to my ensuing experience with Cheapoair.

On my flight date, I was at the airport an hour, fifteen minutes prior to departure time but had gone to Japan Airlines because that is what is conspicuously displayed on my itinerary along with flight # with a smaller print saying...American Airlines. I was told I had to go to American Airline counter. By the time I got to American, it was fifty-five mins. before departure time. I had a very rude attendant at the counter who said I should have been there 30 mins prior and I was told there was nothing she could do and I'd have to contact my travel agent. This was the beginning of my pain.

I called Cheapoair and told them what had happened (At this time it was about 40 mins prior to departure) I was told my ticket is no longer valid and it was a no-show and the only favor they could extend was for me to pay additional $758.00 in fees and they could get me another flight in two days or go back to the airline and work it out. At this time I was fuming but at some point regained composure and went back to American counter. The clock had never ticked so loud in my ears...time was of essence. The lady I spoke to, informed me that the counter I went in the first place was for domestic flights. There is an array of counters that say 'American' but none designated as domestic or international. I asked if there was another flight that would get me to my connecting flight since there's a layover of about 3 hrs. The response was negative. At this time, I had decided to pay Cheapoair the $758.00 but to my surprise it had jumped to $1200.00 within a span of 10mins. When I questioned this amount, I was then forwarded to a so-called customer service rep. who says it will now be $2, 200.00. She said she would call me back with resolution but never did. After departure time, each time I called, I was kept on hold anywhere between 30mins and to 1hr and the price continuously grew ranging from $1, 100.00 to $2, 800.00. To cut the story short, I did not make the flight nor did I have resolution to my travel issue. All kinds of emotions went through my body...anger, frustration, sadness, welly eyes and resignation at the end of the day but in utter readiness to fight another day. I returned home. Lest I forget: They also told me when they contacted Japan Airline they were told it was a no-show. This was a lie..

I called Japan Airline and the lady I spoke to (Pat), said it's not a no-show if I'm at the at the airport prior to departure time but could only resolve this issue with my agent and reminding me of possible agent fees. I finally find a Cheapoair representative by the name "Chance" who claims to be the supervisor. He initiated a 3-way phone conversation with Japan Airline. The result is that I wait for 72hrs for a decision. That is where things remain for now.

If there's no resolution (I hope there is) I will have no choice but to take Cheapoair to court and luckily I have plenty of time at my disposal to fight this pillaging. I am also open to other ideas I can employ to resolve this matter outside of the court system as this will be a protracted matter should it go that route. All I want is to be provided with alternate travel date and make this trip.

• Du
                        dunca91 Nov 16, 2009

I canceled my roundtrip flight to moscow on assurrances from bcheapoair that I would receive a $509 refund within 4 weeks of that date October 5, 2009.The airline sent me $85 possibly for the canceled Moscow to Sochi flight but no refund for the NYC to Moscow roundtrip flight

• Sc
                        scott Jun 01, 2009

I made a purchase for a roundtrip flight. I have not received a confirmation..booking number..nothing!!!
                        I stayed on hold for over 45 minutes..no one ever picked up. Does this mean I need to pursue legal action against them or what? Does someone have a different number..person to call? Please help. They suck!

CheapOair.cathey took money for the tickets, but didn't provide them

I ordered 4 tickets from the website www.cheapoair.ca. It was horrible experience, ‘coz I paid them money, but they didn’t provide booking number and tickets. I called and spoke with the operator, but this jerk only promised to check info. I waited, while he checked, but suddenly our conversation interrupted. They are liars and scammers, and I want to find other deceived customers, who lost money. Please we need to stop this company and return our money. Post your comments.

cheapoair.ca Oct 01, 2014

Howmuc, in order to determine what happened, we need you to send the 8 digit booking number to our priority customer service team at [email protected] Place blog in the subject line.

Regards,
                          CheapOair.ca

Cheapoair Cheapoair.comfraudulent and abusive business practices

My credit card was used to buy plane tickets in 2013 to a name that does not belong to me nor do i recognize..
                        on September of 2014 i received a letter from my tenant at a property i have not resided at in 3 years stating that since i wont my credit card dispute for credit card fraud last year in 2013 they are going to send me to collections unless i pay them what my credit card company took back from them. WTF ??? i have never seen ### like this in my life at all. Seriously its freaking crazy these are like some knee busting methods to defraud victims of fraud i have never seen any company do this and now i know why they are called cheapoair ... i would not recommend anyone ever use this company

Cheapoair Flight Ticketscam costs me $1000

Don’t ever buy flight tickets cheapoair.com! It’s a scam!!
                          On august 8th, I was trying to book a round - trip flight ticket from shanghai, china to reykjavik, iceland for an engineer in our company on cheapoair.com. Every time after I filled in my payment information and was trying to submit my order, the price went up from $2, 000 to $3, 000, sometimes $2, 500 (In which cases I accepted the offer and tried to proceed, but again, the system declined and the price went up again to $3, 000), so this goes on and on until 10 minutes later, a sales representative whose name is albion stone, called me on the phone saying that he could help me book the flight, but the cheapest rate he could provide is $2, 500, which is $500 more than the price listed on their website. But I was in a hurry, because our engineer had to leave in two days, so I let him went on booking. A few minutes later he charged my card and emailed me the flight confirmation. I relieved and thought everything is set in stone! However!! I didn’t even expect something much more horrible is waiting for me!!
                          The returning flight from reykjavik, iceland back to shanghai china is invalid for anyone who doesn’t have a russian visa!!! The returning flight contains two stops, one is petersburg and the other is moscow, both are cities of russia, so a russian visa is required in order to transfer from petersburg to moscow! Who applies a visa just for a flight stopover country!!?? Why didn’t the cheapoair representative remind me that before he went on booking!?? A person whose job is selling ticket should have the knowledge that this flight only works for passengers who has all of the three countries's visa, china, iceland and russia! Because of the absence of the russia visa, our engineer was refused to check in at airport when he was trying to take the flight to iceland!! The staff at shanghai airport told him unless he changes his returning flight (A flight that doesn’t require a stopover country’s visa), they won’t let him get on the plane. So I called cheapoair immediately to change the returning flight, but they said I should call the airline company and they don’t know anything about visa. I said I don’t need you to know anything about visa, just change the returning flight so our engineer can get on the plane!! They finally agreed to change the flight for me, but kept me on hold for 1 hour and 30 minutes! (During the hold they asked me couple questions after every 20 minutes waiting!!) I called them from china,the international call cost me $150!! I really want to give up during the wait, but we had everything scheduled with our iceland customer, and our engineer’s visa is only valid for 6 days, which is from august 10th to august 16th, he has to get on the plane, otherwise he would not be able to finish his job before his visa expires!! Finally they managed to get me another flight which leaves on august 11th, which is one day later than scheduled and they charged me $819 as penalty for changing the flight!! That’s ridiculous!!! That’s their fault, why I have to be punished for the $819, plus $150 international phone bill! Because of the stupid mistake of cheapoair, I have to spend another hour explain to my customer about the delaying and rescheduling the hotel stay! My boss blames me on ruining the whole schedule and won’t reimburse me the cost and almost fired me !! I hate cheapoair and I will post this everywhere and tell everyone I know to avoid cheapoair!!
                          To summarize, cheapoair scam works this way: they allure you with cheap flight rate, when you trying to buy, the prices goes up dramatically. Then they will have a sales person to contact you and help you book a problematic ticket, which you may not be able to find it out until last minute before you trying to get on the plane. At this point, you have no other choice but to call them and pay your penalty to change the flight. Be careful!!

CheapOair.canever ever buy ticket from cheapoair.com

I will never use CheapOair again. They misled me over the phone to cancel my ticket (Booking#[protected]) and apply for the refund through their waivers department. The refund was supposed to processed in 4 to 5 business days. After a while they said "we are sorry to tell you that you have now neither Ticket nor refund". Can you imagine????. The funny thing is they always point the problem to the airlines and as you purchased via them, airlines wont help either.

What they did to me was exactly stealing my Mooney.

Do not be fooled by their low price or the travel insurance they offer. Before buying any service from them, just Google "cheapoair review" and see how many complaints they have.

Cheapoairticket non - change ruse

My recent experience with CheapOair compels me to lodge this complaint with CheapOair, online travel services, the Better Business Bureau, and any other social and general media sources in an effort to gain compensation and to warn would-be travelers of the fraudulent and deceptive practices of CheapOair. I am a regular flyer and have logged over 200, 000 miles in the past 10 years of air travel. I book directly through the airlines and through online services. Hotwire is my preferred service, and for overseas flights, their practice is to link with other agencies such as Expedia, Priceline, CheapOair, etc. Until this experience, I have never had a single complaint or issue with an airline or agency in 30 years of flying.
                              On March 11, I booked a round-trip flight from Cork, Ireland to Seoul, Korea online through CheapOair. The booking reference number is [protected]. The e-ticket that was issued to me clearly indicated, and I understood, that the ticket was NON-REFUNDABLE. There were no other specific restrictions beyond what is standard indicated anywhere else on the ticket.
                              On March 30, I contacted CheapOair to make a change of date to the ticket. As I was calling from overseas, I used the online live chat to attempt to make the change. I was told by the person on the chat that a change could not be made to this ticket at all, and that this was airline policy (KLM), so only the airline could change it.
                              I promptly phoned KLM, who denied that there was any such policy and because the ticket was booked through CheapO, it could only be changed through CheapO, but there was no KLM policy that prevented the change.
                              At that point, I completed both a Customer Request Form with CheapO and wrote to their feedback email address explaining my concern and the response of the airline. As per their website policy/pledge, written concerns are to be responded to within 24 hours.
                              I waited until the following day, 27 hours later, and when no response was forthcoming, I contacted CheapO by phone, and spoke to a representative named Phil. Phil repeated that the ticket could not be changed and that it was the airline that had to change it. When I inquired as to where on the ticket there was any indication that the ticket was non-changeable, he directed me, not to any statement about the changeability of the ticket, but the section that says that the airline is the final authority on policy.
                              In fact, as I was on hold waiting for a representative, I listened as CheapO’s recorded message encouraged travelers to buy their tickets early, because changing tickets is cheaper than waiting and having the ticket prices rise closer to the date of travel. The same message also informs callers that ticket changes come with a fee. Having traveled only two weeks prior and having changed that ticket four times as my plans changed repeatedly, I was familiar with and accustomed to change fees.
                              However, rather than acknowledging that the error for misinformation or lack of information was on the part of CheapO, Phil insisted on arguing that CheapO was not responsible and that I needed to return to the airline. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, he claimed that it was a 15-20 minute wait. To me, this indicated to me that there were either too few supervisors or too many complaints, but I suspected that this was CheapO’s strategy to wait out customers. Because I was calling from overseas, I could not wait 20 minutes to speak to a supervisor.
                              Instead, I called a supervisor at KLM, who again insisted that the problem was not with airline policy, but was with CheapOair. Thus, I was passed back and forth twice from the ticketing agency to the airline, each blamed the policy of the other, and neither could explain why the restriction on changing the ticket was not clearly stated anywhere.
                              In the end, I was forced to purchase an entirely new ticket (although not through CheapO or KLM), and have now spent nearly $2300 to get to my destination for a ticket that initially cost me $950. Even with change fees and ticket price differential, I would have paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $400 additional to change the ticket, but that still would have been nearly $1000 less than what I paid.
                              For any potential traveler, I must say that I have never previously been denied a change of ticket on any airline or through and travel agency. But more than that, the complete and total lack of appropriate response by CheapOair is the worst aspect of this experience. Not only did they fail to represent the restrictions on the ticket (my plans frequently change, so I never would have purchased that ticket), they denied any and all responsibility, did not return attempted contacts (disregarding their own stated policy), preferred to argue about irrelevant information, and used stall tactics to discourage pursuing the issue further.
                              It is my intention to continue to pursue this issue until it is resolved reasonably, and I will use every means of informing potential customers of the dangers of using CheapOair and the risks involved.

RESOLVED

CheapO has responded to my concerns, which I posted here, their Facebook page, their customer service department, and two other online complaints resources. In fact, I received no fewer than three responses to my postings, but I dealt almost exclusively with Mr. Ruben Bello. I believe that CheapO's handling of the matter in the person of Mr. Bello was swift, professional, and respectful. I consider the matter fully resolved.

Cheapoairticket flights

I would have never thought that in the 21st Century, companies are allowed to scam. This is by far the worse experience I had ever had when booking a flight. Long story short:

February 18 - booked online a round trip to Europe, departure April 2014, return September 15 (as I am doing research in Europe, I will spend the summer there).
                                Next day, February 19- I receive a phone call from customer service telling me that although I have received email confirmation and basically made the payment, the booking didn't went through due to some flight changes applied while I was booking.
                                I then book another flight, over the phone, with a customer service. I asked if I will be able to change flight dates in case I need to (since as a research graduate student anything can came up and delay for a few days my trip plans). She said that if I am willing to pay the differences I will be able to adjust my fight accordingly. She did not specify a price but I thought that whatever the price is going to be, if I need to adjust flight dates according to schedule changements, I will). Two weeks later, the bad luck comes. I receive an email telling me that I have to postpone a little my research plans.
                                I called CheapOAir to make the adjustments...and:
                                They kept me on the phone for 7 hours
                                Then they told me that I have to call Lufthansa because they are the ones who can help me
                                I call Lufthansa, they laugh in my face and direct me back to CheapOAir.
                                I then call CheapOAir, stay on the phone for another 3 more hours, and they tell me nothing can be done.
                                I ask to speak with a supervisor, after an hour or so they finally put me though.
                                The supervisor keeps on the phone for another two or so hours and then tells me that he will be calling me back in 48 hours.
                                I wait, and wait, and wait, for almost a week. Nothing...I was being ignored.
                                I CALL BACK AND I AM LUCKY ENOUGH TO SPEAK WITH THE SAME SUPERVISOR (AFTER I WAS ON THE PHONE WAITING TO BE TRANSFRED FOR LIKE TEO HOURS) AS I CLEARLY RECOGNIZED HIS ACCENT AND THIS TONE OF VOICE AND I COULD TELL HE RECOGNIZED ME TOO BUT FOR SOME REASON HE PRETENDED HE DIDN'T.
                                Anyways, he then tells me that the ticket is non refundable and non adjustable. I read him the booking policy that they sent me which says:

Baggage Fees : Most airlines now impose baggage fees. Please click the Baggage and Carry On Fees link for complete details and click to check fare rules.

Please note: As Airlines have frequent schedule changes, please call the Airline 24 hours before departure to reconfirm your flight details. Airline Phone Numbers

Your ticket is NON-REFUNDABLE . For any changes to dates or routing, please call our Customer Service. These changes may have airline penalty and our fees. Some flights may be completely NON CHANGEABLE even with an airline penalty.

Passport / Visa : For international travel, all passengers must be in possession of valid travel documents such as ticket, passport, visas, transit visas, Schengen Visas and all other entry permits. Your passport must be valid for 6 months after your return date. While sometimes we may be able to assist with visa and passport information, it is solely the responsibility of the passenger(s) to arrange for all documents needed to enter the country you are traveling to, or passing through in transit.
                                US Passport Holder Information
                                Canadian Passport Holder Information
                                Other Passport Holder
                                * Please check the Terminal information directly with the airline, as this may change prior to departure without notice.

What bugs me is this : "Some flights may be completely NON CHANGEABLE even with an airline penalty" because I clearly asked and double checked with the lady on the phone if I can adjust, contra cost, my ticket dates. And she said YES.

What is this then? Poor customer service is nothing. They deliberately give you misleading info until you book. After that comes the ugly truth. STAY OUT OF CHEAP O AIR. FOR $ 100, OR $ 200 SAVINGS, IS NOT WORTH IT. I LEARNED MY LESSON. NO MORE CHEAPOAIR.

Cheapoairsteer clear of cheapoair!!

Hereby I urge all the fellow travellers, be very cautious if you wish to use cheapoair. Before you hand over your hard earned cash, google “cheapoair complaints”, look at the sheer volume of the terrible feedbacks from other customers, and make your own mind up.

My experience of dealing with cheapoair is simply the worst ever, not only in travel industry but among any business I had ever purchased from. I still couldn’t get my refund back, and cheapoair just completely ignored my query. Wish I did my research before booking!

I booked via cheapoair a return flight to valencia, spain in march 2013. On 27 july cheapoair emailed me saying the flight schedule had changed, meaning I will have to wait in my connection airport for 24 hours rather than the original 1 hour. This is of course not acceptable so I called cheapoair and they agreed to issue me a refund.

But this is just the start of the terrible customer experience. The visa debit card I used for booking had expired, and the newly-issued card has a different number. Cheapoair emailed me on 7 aug saying that they cannot refund to the old card, then emailed again on 18 aug saying they cannot refund to the new card either. During this period I had kept trying to call them, but the average waiting time was 45 minutes, and 3 times the agent answering hung up upon hearing that I am calling regarding a refund!! I had also sent emails to [protected]@cheapoair.com explaining the situation but no one ever responded.

Eventually on 21 aug I spoke to an agent named ramsy and explained the situation. Ramsy spoke to his supervisor and came back and said I need to directly contact the airline to ask for refund because cheapoair cannot do it. I found this is getting ridiculous, but nevertheless called the airline and my bank. Unsurprisingly, the airline stated that refund should be dealt with by agency, and my bank could not understand why cheapoair is unable to refund to my old card, as this is quite a common situation and the bank can easily put the refund back to my account. All just seem to be excuses to make things difficult for me to get the refund.

So I called again and spoke to ramsy, who said he will arrange his supervisor to call me within 48 hours. Of course, that didn’t happen.

On 26 aug I received a voice message on my phone and an email from a cheapoair agent named sharon but all she did was to give me the general phone number of the airline and told me to contact the airline directly. I replied to her email repeating all the points I already raised to ramsy – I have contacted both the airline and my bank, and refund should be dealt with by agency, and refund should be issued onto the old card. And I asked for the supervisor’s name who came up with the idea of telling the customer to contact the airline directly. Again no one ever responded.

My points are:

1) I work in finance myself and I do not believe cheapoair’s statement that they cannot issue refund to an expired card or a new card. For the payment processing systems, there is always a supervisor overriding function to enable refund to expired card or a different card. Alternatively, the billing department should also be able to issue a cheque as means of refund. This has been confirmed by my bank. It is very common for customers to have a new card with different number due to expiry / lost. There are several questions I would ask cheapoair: are they willing to confirm that their payment system does not have overriding function to issue refund to expired cards / different cards? Why their billing department cannot issue refund by cheque? Have they never come across similar situation in the past? This either is a faulty operational process, or someone within cheapoair is telling a lie in order to avoid issuing the refund.

2) it is ridiculous for cheapoair to ask customer to directly contact the airline for refund, because we as customer purchase the service from cheapoair, of course the customer service issue should be dealt with by cheapoair. It just seemed to be a deliberate attempt to divert customer’s attention. The question I would ask cheapoair, is that for all the customers who have a new card due to expiry / lost, does cheapoair always tell every single customer in such situation to directly contact the airline for refund?

Based on reading other customers’ experience with cheapoair, it appears that this company does make things very difficult for customer to get refund.

I had already submitted a formal complaint to best business bureau, also I am posting my experience on numerous complaint / travel websites and forum. I will be updating my posts on weekly basis until I get a response from cheapoair.

And I believe all the fellow travellers have the right to know about my experience (As well as other customers’ experience) with cheapoair. I hope this will help you make up your mind about this company before losing your hard earned cash.

Cheapoair — cheapoair changed my flight schedule without my permiton and do not allow me cancel the ticket with refund

Last week I've purchased 8 tickets departing flight is from Sfo to Bzn on 9/7, and the return flight i...

Cheapoairfee for seating assignment

After using CheapOAir to get a good rate on a flight between Los Angeles and New York, I received an email from CheapO providing my confirmed itinerary and the cost. It also had a button that allowed me to “Select Seats”. Great, I’m thinking, now I can do it now, instead of 24 hours before takeoff. I happily pressed the button and it takes me into a confusing set of options, if I will donate $11.95 to the CheapOAir happy Indian club (service fee). Then I say WTF and decline, and enter Google “CheapOAir Seating Assignment.” That takes me here, “the complaint board”.
                                    The good news is most, if not all, airline provide online seating assignments for free. Free if use it within the 24 hour period before takeoff or pay a fee if you get seating more than a day in advance. You can go to any airline website and select the option to manage your flight, providing the six character airline confirmation code that CheapOAir provides on the email.
                                    What this says is that CheapOAir is simply charging for a service if you want it. I would not consider this as a devious ploy. Just use the free airline 24 hour pre-seating option; you have had for the last 10 years.

Cheapoairtravel insurance

I had to change my flight due to my husband being with fema and being sent to new york to work on the disaster. It clearly states on their web page that if you buy the insurance, it cover delays. Due to my husband's job, we now had to push back the trip till may 22nd, instead on the original date of may 02. I was so disappointed but, thought I was okay since I bought their insurance. After speaking to 2 reps at cheapoair, I was told my fees would be more than the price of the ticket I had already purchased (I paid $1, 077.50 for 1), plus $55.00 per person for insurance. I now had to pay $1, 846.00 more to change the tickets for 2. They blame this on the carrier they booked me with, delta. Feeling so taken advantaged of. So much for our "once in a lifetime trip", now we won't have the money to enjoy it! Cancellation is not an option. Also, was disconnected from customer service which I see is a problem for anyone making changes.