Having problems with CheapOair?

+1 800 566 2345 (USA - English)
+1 888 525 7569 (USA - Spanish)
+1 888 766 3163 (Canada - English)
+1 888 525 7573 (Canada - French)
+44 20 3514 8100 (United Kingdom)
+61 2 8074 9565 (Australia)
+852 6963 0549 (Hong Kong)
+852 6963 0550 (Hong Kong)
+353 1526 9772 (Ireland)
+353 1526 9773 (Ireland)
+64 9280 5224 (New Zealand)
+64 9280 5225 (New Zealand)
+65 80 0101 3119 (Singapore)
+65 80 0101 3120 (Singapore)
+27 110 623 034 (South Africa)
+27 110 623 035 (South Africa)
+971 8000 3570 3491 (United Arab Emirates)
+971 8000 3570 3492 (United Arab Emirates)
c/o Fareportal Inc., 135 West 50th Street, Suite 500
New York, New York

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved online scam

As i read all the above comments with them i don't agree because once i traveled from jfk to del not only i got a cheapest fare in the market as well as the friendly and professional customer service, therefore i would recommend to all my friends and family members to choose only cheapoair.com... only way to go chepoair.com

• CheapOair's response · Sep 29, 2008

Dear Roody, we do appreciate you taking the time to post a postive experience you had while using Cheapoair.com.

Many consumers tend to post the negative, and forget about the great products that we do have.

Again, thank you for taking the time!

www.cheapoair.com

• Wy
    Wyatt Nevada Apr 23, 2009

Must be someone associated with Cheap o that wrote this one.

• Ha
    Harley Jul 18, 2009

This letter is to inform the public about my terrible experience with cheapoair.com. I am still fighting for the money which is rightfully mine and would like to discourage others from purchasing airline tickets from this fraudulent company. I've tried speaking with several people at cheapoair.com, tried filing a dispute with my credit card company that I purchased the tickets with and the insurance company that I bought along with the ticket to no avail.

I purchased my roundtrip plane ticket on April 3rd, 2008 for the amount of $817.57. The tickets which I purchased over 9 months before my flight was scheduled to leave were in fact non-refundable. I was well aware of this at the time of purchase and I wouldn't need a refund now if Cheapoair had kept their part of the bargain. I never anticipated that once I purchased the tickets, I would be unable to use them due to negligence from Cheapoair themselves.

On November 30th, 2008, I received a very vague e-mail stating that my itinerary had changed and "depending on the extent of the changes an alternate flight or a refund may be possible" .The e-mail also asked for me to call Cheapoair, which I did. I spoke to several people there and was placed on hold for several minutes, numerous times. No one at Cheapoair was able to give me a written description of the changes in my itinerary, nor any proposals for a new itinerary. I took it upon myself to call one of the airlines who were able to tell me that my tickets were no longer valid since the airlines had changed their departure and arrival times significantly. They also informed me that Cheapoair alone, would be able to re-book my flight and that I would need to call them to do so. My futile attempts to receive some sort of new itinerary or a refund, continued all the way up until my scheduled departure date of December 17th 2008. Needless to say, I was forced to pay for new tickets from another airline which were even more expensive than the tickets I purchased from Cheapoair due to how late I was booking my new flight.

After I had already purchased the new tickets, I was told by a gentleman named Nigel Slate, that I would be able to receive a refund. He appeared as if he was sincerely trying to help me, but would not give any manager's contact information. He only stated that he would "escalate [my] booking to [his] senior manager to get in touch with [me]". He also gave me a general e-mail address which was: [email protected] and assured me that if I wrote to that e-mail address it would go to "senior most management". However, this was the same e-mail address that I had been using almost daily since November 30th. I did e-mail it though, and as expected, I never received a response nor did Nigel's manager contact me as promised.

To this day, I am still fighting to get my money back and have no written itinerary from my prior booking. I have been communicating with a woman by the name of Anna Farewell. The number that I have for her is: #212-634-5191. She assured me that she would help me with this situation, yet never returns my phone calls. I received a letter from her recently stating that she would give me a voucher for a domestic flight using Air Tran lines that would expire by December. I kindly declined this preposterous offer, since, not only is that flight no where NEAR equivalent to the tickets I purchased over a year ago, but I will hopefully be moving to the U.K. by the end of the year to be with my cancer stricken fiance' and will have no need for a domestic ticket.

Cheapoair should not be running a business at all and I am sure that I am not the only customer that is in this situation. Several weeks after Cheapoair was aware that my itinerary was no longer valid, I continued to see the same tickets for sale online. Their customer service is a joke and I cannot believe that I have had to deal with such a nightmare in the midst of my fiance' being diagnosed with cancer for a second time. I've wasted several unfruitful hours on the telephone, filing claims, and writing letters in attempt to retrieve my money from Cheapoair. I've tried being cordial and friendly and then of course, I’ve tried being the highly irritated customer. The conclusion that I have come to is that: Cheapoair doesn't care about their customers- They already have their money from me. Everyone needs to hear my story and I will ensure that they do. If there is anything that you can do to help me gain justice, I would truly appreciate it. Thank you for your time and reading my letter.

tranded in ukraine

I bought a ticket trying to Round trip from Huntsville Alabama, to Odessa Ukraine. I made the mistake of...

Resolved I was double billed

Even though it might save you a few dollars, don't book through cheapoair!!! They double billed me for my flight and after two hours of being bounced around on hold I was told that it will take at least 10 business days to refund my money. The customer service was horrific and they did not apologize or offer anything to make up for taking several hundred dollars from my bank account. When I asked to speak with a supervisor the agent refused. Also, since every other merchant that one would go to can refund a purchase within a day or so I find it very suspicious that this refund is taking so long. Save yourself a headache and book through a reputable agency!

• CheapOair's response · Sep 09, 2008

Katie, we forwarded out an email to a small group of our customers, we experienced a technical glitch in our accounting system. Our customers were informed and a inconvenience voucher was issued. The refunds are different than with a store purchase, you buy something from that store it's their item. When you buy airline tickets, the money goes directly to the airline, therefore, we have a process in which we need to process a refund, submit the double charge to the airline so that they know the 2nd charge is attached to a "duplicate ticket" then after the airlines realize there is not an actual ticket they release the funds, it all depends on your credit card company, it can take 48 hours or it can take upto 2weeks. Your refund is processed and you should have your refund.

If you require further assistance please email me with your booking confirmation:

• CheapOair's response · Sep 23, 2008

katie, has never contacted me directly, therefore this has been resolved.

www.cheapoair.com

• Te
    Teresa Parker Sep 11, 2019

Do not use cheap o air. They charged me twice for my seat assignment. I was transferred several times and no resolution to double billing.

Resolved no e-ticket attached=no flight!

We booked and paid for our flights from Calgary to Guatemala back in March 2008. On Aug 30, we checked-in...

Fernie Airlines

Resolved fraud ticket selling and lies

I booked a ticket from Beijing to Boston on July 28th, 2008. The ticket was $100 cheaper than my other choices on that day. I called them and asked about restriction on this ticket since it's cheaper and provided them with my passport and nationality. I called again to verify my credit informations and asked about the restrictions again. Nothing was mentioned to me. Then paid the bill.

Today is July 31th, I got a call saying if I'm flying with this ticket, I need to apply for a transit visa, which will take at least 5 business days. My flight is August 7th. I called cheapoair.com, 3 times, one hanged up my phone. one supervisor mislead me with the credit points thing. He told me if I cancel the ticket, I get credit points and I can use them in the future at any agent or air companies. Then I asked again to double check, he changed his words and said no, I could only fly with the same air company. So I hanged up and called the airline to double check this credit points thing. And I was told NO. IT's Not the Truth! Even if they give me the credit points, I'll have to fly with the same airline only, within one year.

But the third one, a supervisor again, gave me a different explanation that I can only fly with air Canada from Beijing to Boston only. God. I can fly with any other airline with this price for a round trip. This credit points means NO Points.

Cheapoair is absolutely a NIGHTMARE. Avoid them whenever possible. Speak with an accent, always trying to interrupt you, impatient, bad attitude. And LIE!!! How can they provide wrong informs to customers and trying to cheat them?

Fraud!

• CheapOair's response · Jul 31, 2008

Dear Ceji, I have read over your complaint, and this does not sound like a booking made through CHEAPOAIR.COM. First, I would like to mention we do not deal in tickets such as "credit Points' I'm not sure what you are referring to. Our tickets are non refundable, and you can cancel and obtain a credit on that airline only, and use it for future travel less any fees for rebooking, they are not good on any airline and good with any other agency, but most of all we would not use the terms credit points.

As for the transit visa, we do not advise our customer what documents are needed, you as the traveler should be aware of what is needed, we have this posted on our website and is also printed on your receipt to check for documents, and transit visa's may be required. We advise all to contact the consulte and embassy!

Please provide me with your cheapoair.com booking confirmation so I can verify if this is indeed a booking made with us, email to:

• CheapOair's response · Aug 13, 2008

This is a followup posting to Ceji, I have emailed the customer directly and no response from him. It appears this is not a Cheapoair.com problem, due to the lack of correspondance with me, offering assistance to investigate into what his concern is.

When customers file complaints such as this, and do not provide proper information or willing to contact a direct person to help with a situation, it appears this is not a "valid" complaint against Cheapoair.com!

866-636-9088

Resolved they have the worst customer support and policies

I bought a round trip from San Francisco to Copenhagen, Denmark through cheapoair.com. While in Denmark I had to renew my visa and the procedure dragged out, which meant that I had to postpone my return flight.

When I tried to contact costumer service by email (three times) they never responded at all. Then I called them and was on hold for almost an hour. When I finally got a representative he (Norton) told me that he would get back to me immediately by email. I never heard back from him. I emailed him to ask for an update- no reply.

I called again and talked to a different representative. After being on hold for various reasons again for almost an hour she said that she could change my flight but that it would mean that I had to spend the night at Heathrow airport AND it would cost me $2500!!! The original (roundtrip) ticket was $1300 all included.

My advice is to stay away from this company. Most other airlines that I have dealt with in the past try to help you even beyond what they are required to do. CheapOAir will just try to milk you. Take your business somewhere else.

• CheapOair's response · Jul 08, 2008

Darwin, I have responded to your complaint on another website, as I had stated, the cost of the changes are determined by the airlines themselves. Cheapoair.com, or any other travel agency does not determine the cost, if you change your dates, be prepared to pay for the new cost of the ticket. All the seating is based on availability, and if the flights are full, you are going to pay top dollar to get a seats, last minute changes are always costly.

The airlines also charge a minimum of 100-350.00 per ticket to change, that is never going to go away, but recently these fees increased. I do apologize that your VISA issues caused the additional financial burden, but Cheapoair.com should not be responsible for the increase. As far as the long hold delays I do apologize for that, we did experience heavy call volume during the holiday weekend, and we also do not do exchanges, or quote fees and prices via email, that you needed to contact our sales office, which you did.

If you still require assistance, please email me your booking confirmation to:[email protected] and I will investigate into what can be done.

• CheapOair's response · Jul 15, 2008

It appears that Darwin has accepted the responsibility with the dilema of his VISA problem, for he has never contacted me for assistance with his complaint. This matter would be considered closed.

angry customer May 11, 2009

I completely agree CheapoAir has the worst customer service. They are not willing to make any exceptions to help their customers. It's difficult to become loyal customer to a company that only seems to be interested in getting your money.

Resolved they charge an enormous amount of fee

My mom bought two international tickets for me and my daughter. She accidentally booked the wrong departure and arrival date for us. She did not realize until she got an email from Cheapoair. 20 minutes later my mom called cheapoair explaining what has happened. The agent Nigel Slate told my mom that for him to cancel the ticket she has to pay the $150.00 fee for each passenger ($300.00 total) and purchase fee. With that said my mom was forced to buy the new plane ticket from them. The total price for the ticket was about $3600.00 for me and my daughter which is okay. But on top of that they have charged my mom an additional $400.00 for an agent fee. This is ridiculous. They didn’t even bother looking for the cheapest rate for my mom and they have the nerve to charge for agent fee of $400.00. I have tried calling the airline the next day (bought the ticket 6/06/08) and they wont help at all. I do understand that some of us work for commission but how can these people sleep at night for doing this.

• CheapOair's response · Jun 19, 2008

The above complaint for Anne, has been resolved to her satisfaction, she is receiving a $350.00 refund.

We do apologize for the error created, Cheapoair is committed to resolving any situation that is within our control. We do appreciate your busines and continue to grow and improve our service.

Randrews
    CHEAPOAIR
    ONLINE CUSTOMER SVC MANAGER

• CheapOair's response · Jul 01, 2008

Anne has contacted me and advised she did receive her refund, as promised and her trip with her grand daughter went very well!

Case resolved to the customers satisfaction.

Regards,
    Randrews
    CHEAPOAIR
    CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Resolved bait and switch

June 2, 2008
When reservation was made the fare was listed at $138.00, during booking I was informed that fare was no longer available but I could book at $219.00. While at the same time I was looking at the Express Jet online booking page the fare was listed as $235.00, so save a few dollars and go with cheapoair.com. I received an email confirmation from cheapoair.com. I then checked the itinerary at the Express Jet website, everything was there and an Express Jet confirmation number was issued and to check in online 24 hours before flight.

June 5, 2008
My husband calls @ 8am to inform me he received a phone call stating his reservation has been canceled unless he pays an additional $106.00 to book the flight, which leaves WITHIN HOURS.

When I returned to the house, I also had a message about the reservation I assumed was from cheapoair.com although not one word was understandable because of the thick accent and the speed in which the woman was speaking, had I not received the phone call from my husband I would have deleted the message as a wrong number.
I then check my reservation for the customer service number and contacted a rep who informed me they had tried a number of times to book the ticket days after the reservation was made and that the fare is now higher and would I like to pay the $106.00 difference.

Why was I informed only hours before the flight, why was the ticket not purchased at the time of the reservation, and why is the ticket only $82.00 higher on the Express Jet website. This is a bait and switch operation and that is a practice which is not allowed in the United States. I see a class action heading their way and I will be a participating plaintiff.

• CheapOair's response · Sep 29, 2008

I can only say that when you book your flights within hours or days of going on a trip, that would be a reason why you received a call within hours. If you had not been reachable, or returned phone calls that could be another reason for the delay. However, we do not run a bait and switch operation!

CheapOair uses 3rd party software and feed to display fares on over 300 Airlines, 75, 000 Hotels, and 35 Car Rental cos., We use best industry practices to display fares based on the most current data supplied by the GDS's - Global Distribution Systems. The Airlines load their fares on ATPCO, from where the GDS's access these fares and supply to us and other Online Travel Agencies. There is approximately 10-15% chance of the fare not being available which is Industry standard, all major Online agencies have the same policy. This is also due to cached data and not real time data provided to us by the GDS's. We make best efforts to minimize these by reducing our SOLD OUT issues but we are totally dependent on 3rd parties for this information. We regret this and apologize for the in-convenience".

Regards,

• Ri
    ridingmcg Jun 05, 2008

June 2, 2008

June 5, 2008

• Ad
    Ada Brewster Nov 13, 2008

Cheap O air pull a similar stunt on me. On 11/3 I purchased 2 round trip tickets for $578 online with a debit card I use strictly for online purchases, linked to an account I keep limited funds in. When I received the confirmation the date for the return flight was wrong it was 11/24 instead of 11/26 (I still had my web page pulled up in a different window, so I knew I put in the correct date) . I called CheapOair, and was told the only tickets available for the date I was returning home were going to cost almost double what I had already paid! We went back & forth, I was telling the man I was speaking with I was looking at their web site and saw 8 pages of return flights for the date I was coming home within $50 of what I had paid. He said that was wrong, they were all sold out. Finally he agreed to a flight we could get on, on the date we needed it.

On 11/6 I attempted to make an online purchase with my debit card. Guess what I found out? CheapOair had replaced my original charge of $578 with a new charge of $828, and added charges of $50 and $48 and $1, bringing my total for those $578 tickets up to $927.

Repeated calls to CheapOair resulted in my being placed on hold for 67 minutes one time, 31 minutes another time, and never getting a live person a third time. Emails have gone unanswered except for the READ receipt coming back.

PLEASE let's get a Class Action Lawsuit going aganist these people!

Contact me at [email protected] if there are any other interests in pursuing this.

CHEAPOAIR look out!

• Je
    Jenduffy Jun 26, 2009

They did the same thing to me. Fare no longer available. After charging my card without my consent and promissed a refund they chose to send me a voucher. Still over charged me 180.00. Now I have to go thru my CC company to get my money back. I have been purchasing airfare on line over 10 years for friends and family. This company is NOT trustworthy. Do not do buisness with them You will be sorry.

Resolved fraud

There are too many unhappy customers out there. I for one would not allow anyone charging me for service and...

Resolved stay away from them

I have tried 5 times now to book a flight that is available, go through the entire booking process and then I find that the flight is not available. Cheapo's message to me is to say they are sorry and that it is very rare for this to happen that the seats would not be available and I should try a different flight time. BS... The published prices were less than any other booking agency, but if I can't actually confirm the flights AND I have wasted almost an hour of my time screwing around with their site, than this site is worthless. CheapO...I guess you do get what you pay for.

overbilling and fraud!

On February 3rd 2008 we purchased 2 tickets to the Phillippines totaling $2400. Customer service was OK...

Resolved fraud and poor customer service!

I got a 'great' deal off of this site. But that's where is the problem started. I needed to change my ticket and I was charged a hefty penalty for it (Which was in their contract) — I let it go because I had no choice since my ticket was non-refundable.
What happened is that instead of changing my ticket, they issued me a new one and charged me the price of a new ticket!! I have been trying to get my money back for 3 months and I am getting the run around.

Furthermore, my itinerary changed because the flight I booked was delisted. Cheapoair did not inform me until 10 days before my departure. I called the airlines and they told me that they contacted that agency 2 months before my flight to inform them that they flight was relisted. But cheapoair never changed it back and did not inform me. I am looking into sending more complaints with the members they are associated with.

I would not recommend them even if you do not care about the price of your ticket or how simple your travel plans maybe.

• CheapOair's response · Nov 12, 2007

Dear Mo Maamoun.

I am sorry to hear you have had a problem with our service. If you could provide me with more information, such as, booking confirmation number, I will be glad to investigate into what has transpired. You can email me at: [email protected]

My main concern is to resolve this quickly, and to your satisfaction!

• CheapOair's response · Feb 16, 2009

The above customer never contacted me with the booking confirmation so that I could assist with the problem. The airlines make modifications to customers flight reservations on a daily basis, this has become the norm for airtravel. The problem is, they inconvenience the customer, but it's the travel agency you gets targeted.

Apparently ithis complaint was taken care of, and no further assistance was needed!

[email protected]

Resolved dirty dealing, lying and fraud

Please oh please don't do business with this company! My husband and I are trying to get back from our...

Resolved excessive fees, deceptive pricing

Like others here who have complained about CheapOair, I found what I thought was a good deal only to discover upon reaching the purchase screen that its fees and taxes amounted to nearly $100 per ticket, that is a third of the total purchase for two tickets.

It's at least questionable to me that CheapOair chooses to display flights without a real indication of the true cost and, more troubling, charges a sky-high $25 service fee per ticket, five times what the leading discount travel sites charge. Ostensibly this is for premium customer service, but as we've all seen here, CheapOair appears to have service far inferior to what travel site customers have come to expect. I'd like to see CheapOair respond to these complaints and justify their fee structure. The company doesn't even publish an 800 number.

• CheapOair's response · Nov 02, 2007

Dear Mr. Crawford,

I am sorry that you have concerns about Cheapoair service fees, if you would email me I would be glad to discuss this with you. Cheapoair does not have control over the taxes and fees that are imposed by the airlines, we provide a complete breakdown of the fees that are charged by the airlines and us, you can view this on our booking page under "taxes and fees". Like most websites and airlines they charge fees for all services rendered.

Please feel free to contact me regarding this further:

• Th
    Thomas M. Brown Dec 11, 2007

you do not provide a complete breakdown of fees between the ticket price and the airport fees. I have my statements that will disprove your comments...

poor service!

I booked a flight for two on 10/8/2007. During the process, the price on the quote screen and the price once the flight time was selected was immediately adjusted (up). I too tried this process several times and the price continued to change from the stated initial screen price.

Once the fights were booked I received confirmation with my booking number. The flights were booked at 1 p.m. I printed off the confirmation and did not return to my email until the 10th.

I discovered Cheapoair sent two emails to notify me the charge was declined.
I contacted the credit card company (AMEX) who assured me there was no reason the charge should have been declined. In fact the available credit was in the thousands. I had 5 other minor purchases that day, none declined.
When I complained to CheapoAir, the representative was short rude and unwilling to assist me with moving up the chain. He suggested I repurchase the tickets for $100 dollars more.

I will attempt to speak to a person with authority this morning following opening of business.

I can not recommend booking with CheapoAir!!!

Resolved refund issues!

This all started because I wanted to change my arrival time by 1.5 hours. See my email to cheapoair and by...

fraud & cheating!

I have 2 kids and my husband has been call back to active duty in the army. He is know in irak. We decide that i should take are family to spend time with relatives in Brasil and stay there until he come back. I bought 3 tickets from cheapoair. Cheapoair charged 5 tickets in my bank account, and i can not cancel the trip, and a can not ge a refund. I have 3 tickets to fly to Brasil wth my children, but my traveling expenses money is not there. Can some one tell me what to do / they are terrible misleading all kind of people to a trap!

Sansai Nov 06, 2008

Rosaurea has passed away in September 2008 and CheapOair still owe her explaination and money.

customer service blows!

Cheapoair got my name completely wrong on my multiple destination tickets. Instead of my name they had some code, h2k, instead. Then they expected me to pay for all three name changes!

They directed me to the airlines, who couldn't change the name anyways because technically I didn't book it, cheapoair did. Then after waiting on hold for 1 hour everytime I called, customer service did nothing. Two hours before departure someone called and said they "fixed" the problem, but out of my three tickets, one still had my name wrong and I almost got booted off the flight! Never use cheapoair!!!

Resolved bait and switch!

I tried to book airline ticket on cheapoair.com and the price they showed me was very cheap, so I tried to...

fictitious ticket confirmation

Do not purchase online airfair from cheapoair. They flat out lie. We were e-mailed a booking confirmation and e-ticket number which was fictitious. Cheapoair confirmed that we were booked with delta on 7/29/07 to rome. Checked with delta, no ticket. This 'company' cheapoair lies continually. This company should not be allowed to do business. Do not, do not purchase tickets from cheapoair!

johnlo786 Mar 10, 2015

My reservation was not ticketed after seven hours and had a difficult time contacting customer service. Phone, chat, call back... did not work. So I cancelled the ticket online and got the confirmation email. I think this company baits customers with its low far offers that are not real. When people try to get their money back there will be all kinds of charges they have to pay, not to mention a great amount of time and frustration they have to spend on Cheapoair. I will never ever deal with Cheapoair.

• Ra
    Ramin Jun 03, 2016

This company sent me an email confirmation for a flight from New York. I booked another ticket on another airline to get from DC to NY to catch Chapo's flight. Then I get an email from Cheapo that says my flight couldn't be confirmed and I had another ticket option for $400 more. I lost my other ticket and Cheapo wouldn't let me talk to a manager.

I'll be taking this company to court. They tried to rip me off for $400 and wasted my other ticket. They will pay for it in the court.

• Ce
    ceji Jun 03, 2016

Cheapoair is absolutely a NIGHTMARE.
    Avoid them whenever possible.
    Speak with an accent, always trying to interrupt you, impatient, bad attitude. And LIE!!! How can they provide wrong infors to customers and trying to cheat them?
    Fraud!