Having problems with CheapOair?

+1 800 566 2345 (USA - English)
+1 888 525 7569 (USA - Spanish)
+1 888 766 3163 (Canada - English)
+1 888 525 7573 (Canada - French)
+44 20 3514 8100 (United Kingdom)
+61 2 8074 9565 (Australia)
+852 6963 0549 (Hong Kong)
+852 6963 0550 (Hong Kong)
+353 1526 9772 (Ireland)
+353 1526 9773 (Ireland)
+64 9280 5224 (New Zealand)
+64 9280 5225 (New Zealand)
+65 80 0101 3119 (Singapore)
+65 80 0101 3120 (Singapore)
+27 110 623 034 (South Africa)
+27 110 623 035 (South Africa)
+971 8000 3570 3491 (United Arab Emirates)
+971 8000 3570 3492 (United Arab Emirates)
c/o Fareportal Inc., 135 West 50th Street, Suite 500
New York, New York

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] fraud

There are too many unhappy customers out there. I for one would not allow anyone charging me for service and...

stay away from them

I have tried 5 times now to book a flight that is available, go through the entire booking process and then I find that the flight is not available. Cheapo's message to me is to say they are sorry and that it is very rare for this to happen that the seats would not be available and I should try a different flight time. BS... The published prices were less than any other booking agency, but if I can't actually confirm the flights AND I have wasted almost an hour of my time screwing around with their site, than this site is worthless. CheapO...I guess you do get what you pay for.

overbilling and fraud!

On February 3rd 2008 we purchased 2 tickets to the Phillippines totaling $2400. Customer service was OK...

[Resolved] fraud and poor customer service!

I got a 'great' deal off of this site. But that's where is the problem started. I needed to change my ticket and I was charged a hefty penalty for it (Which was in their contract) — I let it go because I had no choice since my ticket was non-refundable.
What happened is that instead of changing my ticket, they issued me a new one and charged me the price of a new ticket!! I have been trying to get my money back for 3 months and I am getting the run around.

Furthermore, my itinerary changed because the flight I booked was delisted. Cheapoair did not inform me until 10 days before my departure. I called the airlines and they told me that they contacted that agency 2 months before my flight to inform them that they flight was relisted. But cheapoair never changed it back and did not inform me. I am looking into sending more complaints with the members they are associated with.

I would not recommend them even if you do not care about the price of your ticket or how simple your travel plans maybe.

• CheapOair's response · Nov 12, 2007

Dear Mo Maamoun.

I am sorry to hear you have had a problem with our service. If you could provide me with more information, such as, booking confirmation number, I will be glad to investigate into what has transpired. You can email me at: [email protected]

My main concern is to resolve this quickly, and to your satisfaction!

• CheapOair's response · Feb 16, 2009

The above customer never contacted me with the booking confirmation so that I could assist with the problem. The airlines make modifications to customers flight reservations on a daily basis, this has become the norm for airtravel. The problem is, they inconvenience the customer, but it's the travel agency you gets targeted.

Apparently ithis complaint was taken care of, and no further assistance was needed!

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] dirty dealing, lying and fraud

Please oh please don't do business with this company! My husband and I are trying to get back from our...

[Resolved] excessive fees, deceptive pricing

Like others here who have complained about CheapOair, I found what I thought was a good deal only to discover upon reaching the purchase screen that its fees and taxes amounted to nearly $100 per ticket, that is a third of the total purchase for two tickets.

It's at least questionable to me that CheapOair chooses to display flights without a real indication of the true cost and, more troubling, charges a sky-high $25 service fee per ticket, five times what the leading discount travel sites charge. Ostensibly this is for premium customer service, but as we've all seen here, CheapOair appears to have service far inferior to what travel site customers have come to expect. I'd like to see CheapOair respond to these complaints and justify their fee structure. The company doesn't even publish an 800 number.

• CheapOair's response · Nov 02, 2007

Dear Mr. Crawford,

I am sorry that you have concerns about Cheapoair service fees, if you would email me I would be glad to discuss this with you. Cheapoair does not have control over the taxes and fees that are imposed by the airlines, we provide a complete breakdown of the fees that are charged by the airlines and us, you can view this on our booking page under "taxes and fees". Like most websites and airlines they charge fees for all services rendered.

Please feel free to contact me regarding this further:

• Th
    Thomas M. Brown Dec 11, 2007

you do not provide a complete breakdown of fees between the ticket price and the airport fees. I have my statements that will disprove your comments...

poor service!

I booked a flight for two on 10/8/2007. During the process, the price on the quote screen and the price once the flight time was selected was immediately adjusted (up). I too tried this process several times and the price continued to change from the stated initial screen price.

Once the fights were booked I received confirmation with my booking number. The flights were booked at 1 p.m. I printed off the confirmation and did not return to my email until the 10th.

I discovered Cheapoair sent two emails to notify me the charge was declined.
I contacted the credit card company (AMEX) who assured me there was no reason the charge should have been declined. In fact the available credit was in the thousands. I had 5 other minor purchases that day, none declined.
When I complained to CheapoAir, the representative was short rude and unwilling to assist me with moving up the chain. He suggested I repurchase the tickets for $100 dollars more.

I will attempt to speak to a person with authority this morning following opening of business.

I can not recommend booking with CheapoAir!!!

[Resolved] refund issues!

This all started because I wanted to change my arrival time by 1.5 hours. See my email to cheapoair and by...

fraud & cheating!

I have 2 kids and my husband has been call back to active duty in the army. He is know in irak. We decide that i should take are family to spend time with relatives in Brasil and stay there until he come back. I bought 3 tickets from cheapoair. Cheapoair charged 5 tickets in my bank account, and i can not cancel the trip, and a can not ge a refund. I have 3 tickets to fly to Brasil wth my children, but my traveling expenses money is not there. Can some one tell me what to do / they are terrible misleading all kind of people to a trap!

Sansai Nov 06, 2008

Rosaurea has passed away in September 2008 and CheapOair still owe her explaination and money.

customer service blows!

Cheapoair got my name completely wrong on my multiple destination tickets. Instead of my name they had some code, h2k, instead. Then they expected me to pay for all three name changes!

They directed me to the airlines, who couldn't change the name anyways because technically I didn't book it, cheapoair did. Then after waiting on hold for 1 hour everytime I called, customer service did nothing. Two hours before departure someone called and said they "fixed" the problem, but out of my three tickets, one still had my name wrong and I almost got booted off the flight! Never use cheapoair!!!

[Resolved] bait and switch!

I tried to book airline ticket on cheapoair.com and the price they showed me was very cheap, so I tried to...

fictitious ticket confirmation

Do not purchase online airfair from cheapoair. They flat out lie. We were e-mailed a booking confirmation and e-ticket number which was fictitious. Cheapoair confirmed that we were booked with delta on 7/29/07 to rome. Checked with delta, no ticket. This 'company' cheapoair lies continually. This company should not be allowed to do business. Do not, do not purchase tickets from cheapoair!

johnlo786 Mar 10, 2015

My reservation was not ticketed after seven hours and had a difficult time contacting customer service. Phone, chat, call back... did not work. So I cancelled the ticket online and got the confirmation email. I think this company baits customers with its low far offers that are not real. When people try to get their money back there will be all kinds of charges they have to pay, not to mention a great amount of time and frustration they have to spend on Cheapoair. I will never ever deal with Cheapoair.

• Ra
    Ramin Jun 03, 2016

This company sent me an email confirmation for a flight from New York. I booked another ticket on another airline to get from DC to NY to catch Chapo's flight. Then I get an email from Cheapo that says my flight couldn't be confirmed and I had another ticket option for $400 more. I lost my other ticket and Cheapo wouldn't let me talk to a manager.

I'll be taking this company to court. They tried to rip me off for $400 and wasted my other ticket. They will pay for it in the court.

• Ce
    ceji Jun 03, 2016

I booked a ticket from Beijing to Boston on July 28th, 2008. The ticket was $100 cheaper than my other choices on that day. I called them and asked about restriction on this ticket since it's cheaper and provided them with my passport and nationality. I called again to verify my credit informations and asked about the restrictions again. Nothing was mentioned to me. Then paid the bill.

Today is July 31th, I got a call saying if I'm flying with this ticket, I need to apply for a transit visa, which will take at least 5 business days. My flight is August 7th.

I called cheapoair.com, 3 times, one hanged up my phone. one supervisor mislead me with the credit points thing. He told me if I cancel the ticket, I get credit points and I can use them in the future at any agent or air companies. Then I asked again to double check, he changed his words and said no, I could only fly with the same air company. So I hanged up and called the airline to double check this credit points thing. And I was told NO. IT's Not the Truth! Even if they give me the credit points, I'll have to fly with the same airline only, within one year.

But the third one, a supervisor again, gave me a different explanation that I can only fly with air Canada from Beijing to Boston only. God. I can fly with any other airline with this price for a round trip. This credit points means NO Points.

Cheapoair is absolutely a NIGHTMARE.
    Avoid them whenever possible.
    Speak with an accent, always trying to interrupt you, impatient, bad attitude. And LIE!!! How can they provide wrong infors to customers and trying to cheat them?
    Fraud!

[Resolved] this is a scam company!

I often book flights on the web. Recently, in a hurry I booked 6 people to vegas on a web site called cheapoair. The price on their site was lower than anything else I could find so I booked it. It wasn't until I pushed the complete button, did I realize they had added a $25.00 a ticket charge to my credit card. This is such a rip off. I had no idea till it was to late. I emailed them asking for at least a partial refund because I thought the fee was excessive, of course they refused. I could have booked with the airline directly, there was no reason to use them other than the posted fare was less.

This is a scam company and should not be allowed to continue to defraud the public. Please help me get my $250.00 dollars back that I was scammed out of.

• CheapOair's response · Aug 28, 2008

Dear Miss, I am terribly sorry for the horrible experience you have mentioned. I don't understand why you should have paper tickets, when electronic tickets had been issued, also LH and UA airlines have a joint agreement, they should be taking each other tickets. The only time paper tickets are issued is if the airlines do not have ticketing agreements so paper are generally issued. It sounds to me like the airline agent was the one with the false information.

I hope that this case has been resolved for you, I am terribly sorry for all of your inconvenience.

Regards,
    866-636-9088

• Wo
    workinghardformymoney Aug 03, 2007

The first part of your message says $25.00, then the 2nd part says it was $250.00. Which is it?

• Cf
    CFT Dec 29, 2007

I didn't know so many people had similar experience with this orrible scam company!
    My little girl and I went to Italy last April to say goobye to my sister ( she just passed away from pancreatic cancer). We booked 2 tickets with ChepOair,I didn't know that the flight would stop one night in Germany until I cliked on OK, so I tried to cancel right away but they never helped me in any way to make any change. So I had to book a one night in an hotel for me and my little girl ( so not only more money add to the cost of the tickets , but more time before destination and we had only 9 days to spend with my sister!)
    This is not all! the bigg surprise war when we arrived in San Francisco Airport!
    we had a Luthansa flight but a United Ticket,and when I showed my e ticket numbers i was told from Luthansa i needed Paper tickets and from 6pm to 10 pm my little girl (she is 5years old) and I were sent from Luthansa back to United counters were each od them told us the other could help us with this matter until the Luthansa supervor responsable for that flight (very mean and unpleasent individual) told us that even if we would have bought the tickets for 10,000.00 thousands each it was to late because was in process of departing and told me basically to calm down and get lost. The last waiting hour i was on my cell phone with a supervisor of CheaO air that tolked to the responsible for Luthansa flight asking her to help me with that matter and issue me a lost tickets paper because they had made a mistake. Bue she said " I will not do that" and I suggest you next time to buy the tickets directly from us!"

The same night I had to rented a car to go back to Carme (2 hours driving from S francisco airport), went home loggedr into internet bought another 2 tickets for me and my girl for 2,690 total , next morning we drove back to the same airport and finally went to Italy.
    I have been trying to get a refund from United that basically cashed our 2,400 for our original tickets but they w'll not do it because the paper tickets were never sent to me from ChepOair even if the many times I talked with them they said they weere going to fix the problem and issue me a refund...I don't know what to do to get that money back .
    Recently my sister passed away and I didn't have money to buy tickets to go to her funeral...How can we stop this type of scams and there is any legal way to get my money back ?!I'm a single mom and work many hours to take care of me and my little one and I believe it's very unfair to take this much money away from us.
    Does anyone has any suggestion ? Maybe we could all get together and sue this company and put them out of their filthy business of stiling money from us ...

• Li
    lizalias Sep 25, 2008

There are soooooo many complaints ALLLLLLL over the internet and this website. I was looking at cheapoair.com which looked good for prices. I haven't heard of place so thought I would google it first and find out more.

Toooo many complaint and it sounds real ###, I will definately not be going to them to book my flights, will advise everyone to complain to the proper people and warn others to not use this gay ### site.

[Resolved] overbilling

I booked a flight, online, to mexico through cheapoair. The following day I received an email saying there was an increase in price. I checked the website and the original price was still being advertised. I called the company to complain, and was told that the email sent was a mistake and to ignore it. When my credit card statement arrived, I was overcharged for the flight. I contacted cheapoair and was given a fax number to send my credit card statement to. The fax bounced back to me with an error report. I emailed cheapoair and was told that someone from customer service would contact me. No one did. I emailed again, and was told that they were dealing with my refund and would email me when it was sent. After 3 weeks of waiting, I again contacted cheapoair by phone. I asked to speak to a manager, and was told that I should email her the next day and my refund would be handled. Of course, nothing has happened. Now I have to contact the airline to find out if I really am booked on the flight. Cheapoair's customer service is terrible. Avoid them.

• CheapOair's response · Oct 11, 2007

Dear Brenda McBride,

I know we have been in contact in the last few days, again I want to stress how terribly sorry I am that you experienced a delay with your concerns. The outcome has been resolved to your satisfaction as per your email which is great! Ultimately that is what we want to achieve.

Cheapoair is committed to offering pleasant and helpful services to all of our customers, from beginning to end.

• CheapOair's response · Nov 13, 2007

Mr. Burke,

I have forwarded an email to you offering my assistance with the refund you are requesting, as of today Nov. 13, I have not heard from you. I can assume that the refund has been received an your concern has been resolved to your satisfaction.

If you need any other assistance please feel free to email me at: [email protected]

Cheapoair is committed to resolving your issues quickly and to your satisfaction.

• Ku
    Kurt Burke Nov 09, 2007

Here is an email I sent to Cheapoair and I still haven't got my refund yet.

First of all I need an address to this company because I need to send a letter to you. On Wednesday Sept. 26, 2007 I booked a flight with you and you sent me a confirmation that it was booked. Then CheapoAir sent me another email on Thursday Sept. 27, 2007 saying that the fair has increased. I called and spoke with one of your customer service reps who was very rude to which I asked to speak with a supervisor. He transferred me to a supervisor by the name of Dale extension 9768 who was not very pleasant as well after our conversation I told him to hold and not book it, and he responded to me by saying don't wait too long cause the fair can change again he also told me for the mix up the next time I wanted to book to call him back and he would get me the best fair possible at which point I hung up the phone. I called back shortly after to speak with him but apparently he was too busy to speak so whoever I was speaking with I cancelled the flight with him. At 1:46 PM on Sept. 27, 2007 I received an email from CheapoAir with a flight confirmation at which point I called back and was speaking to someone else who also was unpleasant and also hung up the phone on me, I called back and spoke with another one of your reps who was very pleasant the first one and only 1 so far, and I have spoken to 7 of your reps as of today Oct.1, 2007. She told me at that time it would be cancelled and she was going to be sending of an email to her supervisor of my experience with your company. I NEED THIS CANCELED ASAP!! I need a email confirmation that this is canceled and all monies credited back to my credit card if this is not done by the end of this day Oct. 1, 2007 I will get my lawyers involved and you guys need to credit my credit card along with any interests accumulated.

As of today November 9, 2007 I still have not received a refund.

[Resolved] no ticket received

My wife needed to travel urgently to her dying mother. We booked a flight about 6 pm pdt on 5/9/07 on...

flight issues!

On March 14, 2007 I booked a flight for three people to Nashville on June 1st. No mention was made that the seat selection portion was a mere suggestion. No mention was made that the flight to St Louis had problems with American Airlines in the past.

So last night per the instructions I confirmed with American Airlines. After an hour and forty minutes with the Queen of Snob I thought I had a seat. She kept blaming everything on Cheapoair. She said it was their problem I did not have a seat. I asked her why they oversold flights.

So this morning I got up early to call Cheapo and they gave me another seat in a row that was unavailable the night before. So when I got to work I went in and checked my reservations only to find that I did not have a seat. I was on hold and finally left a message on the voice mail and through email. Now some seven hours later I have no response. I spoke with American again and they told me Cheapo had canceled my seats that they had assigned the night before and they did not get me another seat. They fortunately got me the same seats.

So the airline has suggested I get to the airport early so that this whole mess can be resolved.

• Br
    Brenda McBride Jun 22, 2007

I have had nothing but problems with Cheapoair. I booked a flight, and they over-charged my credit card. I have been calling/emailing for over 2 months now to try to get this resolved. Customer service is terrible!

• Ti
    Tiffany Nov 09, 2007

I normally research companies before proceeding with my decision. I had a feeling/doubt about CheapO Air, the airline schedule and the total price are too good to be true.

I appreciate those who speak up and share their thoughts... We should all help each other.

• Li
    Liz Baber Jun 12, 2008

I booked a flight to and from Portland. When I got my printout, I noticed that my return flight was not what I had booked which was on Frontier, not Delta. When I went back into the system to see how this was possible, I noticed that the return I thought I had booked was in the process of going up in price. The only thing I can figure is that cheapoair, at their discretion, changed my return flight to suit themselves. After reading others fright stories, I am beginning to wonder if I even have a seat on either of these flights!

• Ju
    JustAGuy Apr 05, 2009

I have worked in the airline industry for more than 30 years and if there is one constant in this world regarding the airline industry, it is that people have far less knowledge than they think they do. On-line booking is a wonderful idea in theory, but in practice it is a nightmare. Most people do not know how the airlines work, let alone each individual website. Most websites, when you enter the times and dates you want, will ALWAYS give you the cheapest flights first. So if a person asks to fly frmo Chicago to New York and the cheapest seat is from Chicago's Midway airport to New York's LaGuardia airport, that is what will pop up 1st. Without double checking the names of the airport, a person will like the times and price and book a NONREFUNDABLE ticket. After they've entered their credit card (without double checking the info) they'll get an e-mail where they will see they're flying from Midway instead of O'Hare and into LaGuardia instead of JFK. Who will they blame? Themselves for not being smart enough to double check what they're purchasing before entering their, oh so private, credit card number? No. They blame the website, claiming the company has done some sort of switch. Let me be clear here. THE AIRLINES DO NOT PAY TRAVEL ANGENCIES ANY COMMISSION. So the only money these website travel agencies make is on their fees which can range from $3.50 up to $25.00 for a new booking. Do you really believe a company would risk bad publicity, possible fraud charges, costly credit card charge backs and to pay someone $15.00 an hour to argue with you over a $10 booking fee? Does it make sense that ANY company would go through all of that for such small booking fees? Of course not. What does make sense, is that these days people are in such a rush, they don't stop to look before they leap. Then they want a refund claiming "Oh c'mon, I just booked this 30 minutes ago" Well airline tickets are not TV sets that you can return for a full refund because you picked the wrong color. If you purchase a ticket at 12:15pm, it's nonrefundable at 12:16pm. This is an airline rule, not a travel agency rule. The airlines will ALWAYS blame the travel agency however. Why? Because it's a simple fix. You're angry at the travel agent, the airline doesn't want you to know that the travel agent can ONLY follow airline policy and it will make you book directly with the airline next time. I worked for three major carriers and all three carriers gave the customer service reps the same policy. "Any problems with a travel agent booking, blame the travel agent, no matter what the problem is." How can this company be blamed because American Airlines will not allow a seat assignment? Is this travel agent supposed to call the airport and demand that another passenger be kicked out of his seat so that you can sit there instead? It's easy to point the finger and blame, but the sad bottom line truth is, most of the time, we the consumers are to blame. We don't like to read ANY small print and sign on the dotted line without reading it and then get angry when some of that small print applies to us. We don't have time to double check before entering our credit cards, but we have time to spend hours yelling and screaming trying to fix a problem that could've been avoided in the 1st place. I don't know if this response will be posted or not, but I do feel better after writing it. Are some companies a rip off? YES, WITHOUT A DOUBT. Is every company that does something we don't like a rip off? NO, IT'S NOT. I forget the company, but their store motto is "Our best customer is an educated consumer" I like that. We should ALL be educated consumers before entering our personal information into a computer that is attached to people all over the globe and not blame someone else when something goes wrong. One last thing. Why is it that people will call up swearing up and down that the company made an error and find it impossible to think that maybe they're not perfect like most humans and caused the error themselves? I had one woman calling me an idiot because I couldn't find the city Bear, NY. After 30 minutes of going through NY cities, I came upon Buffalo, NY, she said "Oh that's it, I knew it was a big animal" yet she would swear on a stack of bibles that I was a ### for not finding her a flight to Bear, NY. Another gentleman wanting to accompany his wife to Maconga, he wasn't sure where it was, but he was looking at his wife's ticket and he knew the city existed. Again, after 40 minutes of him asking why I had this job if I was so stupid, we discovered she wasn't flying to Maconga, she was flying to Macon, GA. I'm not making these up and I have hundreds more. So, before you write a complaint letter that could cause some very innocent person their job that they need to put food on their table, make sure the problem wasn't caused or made worse, by your own actions. You, after all, have the same disability we all have, you're human. Therefore, you're prone to the same mistakes you might accuse others of. If you need proof of this, look up complaints for Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity or any other website travel company and you'll see the EXACT same complaints, with just different names and places. Are all of these companies fraud and hire stupid people? Or is the common denominator, the uninformed consumer who is rushing through a website without really looking at what he/she is doing?

Thanks

• Ha
    hatecheapoiar Jul 26, 2010

DO NOT BUY AN AIRLINE TICKET FROM THIS DISGUSTING COMPANY. I PAID TO HAVE INSURANCE ON MY TICKET, CANCELLED IN TIME AND WAS CHAGRED $100 TO HAVE THE REEFUND PROCESS STARTED. I WAS TOLD THAT THE MONEY WOULD BE BACK WITH IN 2 PAY PERIODS. FWI. CHEAPOAIR'S PAY PERIODS ARE 30DAYS. I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR ALMOST 2 HOURS (3 DIFFERENT TIMES) TO GET LIES AND FAKE MANAGERS. A MANAGER CALLED ME TODAY TO TELL ME THAT THE LAST "MANAGER" I TALKED TO WAS WRONG AND THAT I WOULD NOT BE RECIEVEING MY MONEY FOR ANOTHER 12 WEEKS. AND THEN WHEN I ASKED WHO I COULD SPEAK TO ABOVE HER AND SHE PRETTY MUCH JUST CUT ME OFF. INTERUPPTED ME AND THEN FINALLY JUST PUT ME ON OLD AND NEVER CAME BACK. I AM NOT A WEALTHY PERSON AND THEY TOOK THE ONLY 300 I HAD...DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT BUY THROUGH THIS COMPANY!

[Resolved] is there some sort of meltdown going on!

I booked a flight on CheapoAir - nonrefundable, which is fine. I took the chance. What I didn't know wa...

[Resolved] overcharge and poor customer service!

My complaint is with the level of service offered by CheapoAir.com. For years I have used the internet to...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices