Having problems with CheapOair?

+1 800 566 2345 (USA - English)
+1 888 525 7569 (USA - Spanish)
+1 888 766 3163 (Canada - English)
+1 888 525 7573 (Canada - French)
+44 20 3514 8100 (United Kingdom)
+61 2 8074 9565 (Australia)
+852 6963 0549 (Hong Kong)
+852 6963 0550 (Hong Kong)
+353 1526 9772 (Ireland)
+353 1526 9773 (Ireland)
+64 9280 5224 (New Zealand)
+64 9280 5225 (New Zealand)
+65 80 0101 3119 (Singapore)
+65 80 0101 3120 (Singapore)
+27 110 623 034 (South Africa)
+27 110 623 035 (South Africa)
+971 8000 3570 3491 (United Arab Emirates)
+971 8000 3570 3492 (United Arab Emirates)
c/o Fareportal Inc., 135 West 50th Street, Suite 500
New York, New York

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] excessive service charges, horrible customer services, and deceiving customers' review board

After I purchased a round trip ticket from cheapoair.com via Continental airline to Asia on January 5. Within a few hours later, I found out the price had dropped $74.00 for the exact same itinerary. I called the customer service and talked to many representatives regarding the price drop and wish to be credited the differences (as other reputable web agencies allow customers to cancel without penalty within 24~48 hours); I was treated as a pest and was refused of my request.

I was wondering of my treatment by those nasty customer service representatives since I had read as many reviews as I could on their website before I purchased my ticket, and could not find any negative one. So, I intended to post my bad experience of their horrible customer service and cheapoair.com unfair business practice on their customer reviews board. But it was never appeared on their reviews board. Instead, Renee Andrews contacted me via email. After a whole day of back and forth emailing, they finally agreed to credit $65.00 out of $74.00 back to my AMEX. Don't ask me why, but it's better than nothing.

A few days later, I checked my reservation on the Continental Airline's website and found out the cost of my trip was only $1320.30 ($1232.00 + $88.30 taxes and fees). But cheapoair charged me $1344.30 and another $124.00 taxes and fees (?) on my American Express credit card. That means, cheapoair charged me $148.00 for their commission on my ticket. I have never heard of such a big commission profit from an airline web agency. The normal commission for a travel agency is around $20~$25.00 per round trip ticket.

My conclusion of this cheapoair.com is that it is a many fraudulent facets traveling web agency. Stay far away!

• CheapOair's response · Feb 10, 2009

Yoko, in the email you sent me, I did respond back that I was looking into why the fare difference. I gave the refund of $65.00 for the original fare difference, in which 10.00 is our service fee that we kept. I am checking with billing regarding your recent transaction, I will be in touch as soon as I have a response.

• CheapOair's response · Feb 16, 2009

I am glad to say that we have come to an agreement with the above complaint and a portion of her refund has already been processed. It was an honest error, and we where not out to take more money, or charge outrageous fees after we just reissued for a refund of $65.00

We did an exchange on her first complaint regarding the fare decrease of $75.00, so when our ticketing team did the exchange, they inadvertenly charged the reissue fee that the airline charges, plus another Cheapoair.com service fee. So all of her money will be refunded to the customers satisfaction.

Yoko, as I had advised, it may take the credits a few weeks to appear, but you had assured me you would recant your posting, and Cheapoair.com and myself are greatly appreciative. We do care about providing client satisfaction.

• CheapOair's response · Feb 27, 2009

Hannah Montanna., I do believe once the customer posts on such boards that confidentiality no longer exist. She put the information out there for all to view, not Cheapoair.com. Once a company is portrayed in such a manner, we as a business have every right to defend ourselves and make sure all see the outcome as well.

HannahMontana Feb 16, 2009

Rcustsupport, do you know what "client confidentiality" means? I suggest keeping your messages, that are directly entirely to Yoko, in e-mails. Not posting them on a public website.

And yes, there is a difference between a customer recounting whatever poor customer service she was treated with either BEFORE or AFTER her experience with you, and the service provider posting the customers business in a forum.

• Go
    god911 Feb 19, 2009

First, I like to thank Ms. HannahMontana for holding the justice for me regarding the right of "client confidentiality" between Rcustsupport (Renee Andrews) and I.

Secondly, as you all can read from Cheapoair.com manager, Renee Andrews' above two postings, which supposed to be confidentiality between she and I. Renee was trying very hard to improve Cheapoair.com image by resolving my complaint against it on many websites. As soon as my complaint was seen on many complaint websites on February 9, she emailed me immediately and explained the original $65.00 out of $74.00 had been credited to my credit card. I did realize the fact, but my complaint was no longer about the price dropped reimbursement, which was credited to my account the next day on Jan 6. It was about Cheapoair.com "Excessive service charges, horrible customer services, and deceiving customers' review board".

Renee had never explained to me about that $124.00 under the title of "taxes and fees", in addition to my round trip fare charge of $1344.30, which appeared on Jan. 5 on my American Express credit card statement before my complaint posting. However, she did try her best to communicate with me on February 12, about the reason for the excessive service charge as she already posted above as one of her comments. So, I am just here to keep my promise to her and confirm that Renee did refund me that $124.00 Cheapoair charged under the title of "taxes and fees" on my credit card. And she also reimbursed me that $9.00, which was a myth to my when cheapoair insisted gave back only $65.00 out of $74.00 on Jan. 5.

I do appreciate Renee is trying making every effort to improve Cheapoair's image and business practice. I honestly think Cheapoair needs more than Renee to change the whole company's image and customer service manners, in order not to spend time and effort to delete all the negative reviews and post only positive ones on their review board.

• Np
    npr Mar 24, 2010

I have also had similar experience. They cheated us not only charging excessive fees and also lying to me while I was on the phone with them that the tickets they were offering were indeed the last tickets, when infact there were many tickets available online for cheaper fare. They never gave me a break down of the airfare they were charging me and made me believe that the entire cost was just towards the airfare. I filed a complaint with my american express credit card. Stay very very far away from this website.

fraudulent prices

Continuous Lies. Prices quoted online are NOT available. The site lets you "book" that price, then you receive an email hours later claming that that price is not available and has increased. YOu either have to buy the increase, or you can cancel for a fee. You cannot escape paying something, and it's definitely not what was adcertised. Customer service is terrible, tried to say that it was twice the price online, another rep had me on hold for over 40 minutes with not a word to me. STAY AWAY!!!

• Ka
    KAS Feb 16, 2009

We had the misfortune of using them this weekend for a trip from Seattle to LA without checking them out first. What a mistake. First of all they didn't give us the flight we had requested, and when we noticed it & called, they wouldn't fix it without us paying $400 in fees. That was after I spent 20-30 minutes on hold for customer service. Then when I acquiesced, and agreed to the fees they stated that there were no seats available on the flights we wanted. I ended up so mad that I went and bought 2 one way tickets to replace that leg directly from the Virgin America instead of trying to find another flight through CheapO. Virgin also gave us the flight and seating we were looking for. Then guess what happened on the return leg? We get to LAX for the return trip with American Airlines. While trying to check in we discover that CheapOAir.com's print out was wrong. It said American Airlines in big print, but we were really booked on Alaska. So we had to pickup all our luggage, make our way from Terminal 5 to Terminal 3. I will say the the people at Alaska Air were great, but I will never use CheapOAir again. I am still kicking myself in the rear for not taking 5 minutes to check them (Cheapoair) out first. I'm so mad I also put CheapOAir.com in my block list on my firewall. No one in this household will be going to that site again.

Best advice - STAY AWAY FROM CHEAPOAIR.COM!

Insanely Cheap Flights Apr 06, 2009

Often airlines have code share flights, all this information is clearly documented on the reservation that the airline maybe American but operated by Alaska. Baggage alerts are also displayed on our website. Virgin America does not have baggage agreements with other carriers, therefore you must claim your luggage, but it is posted on the website.

All information should be reviewed by the customer immediately, once the booking is completed and several days go by, all new charges for the new dates, or times have to be paid. I do apologize that when customers do not review the reservation when it is displayed on the website prior to "submitting", and the final result is an additional expense.

Also, we suggest you contact the airlines 24-48 hours prior to reconfirm your flights, this will only help if information is not clear, and will prevent delays at the airport.

Insanely Cheap Flights Apr 06, 2009

CheapOair uses 3rd party software and feed to display fares on over 300 Airlines, 75, 000 Hotels, and 35 Car Rental cos., We use best industry practices to display fares based on the most current data supplied by the GDS's - Global Distribution Systems. The Airlines load their fares on ATPCO, from where the GDS's access these fares and supply to us and other Online Travel Agencies. There is approximately 10-15% chance of the fare not being available which is Industry standard, all major Online agencies have the same policy. This is also due to cached data and not real time data provided to us by the GDS's. We make best efforts to minimize these by reducing our SOLD OUT issues but we are totally dependent on 3rd parties for this information. We regret this and apologize for the in-convenience".

There are several low budget airlines who do not keep their availability updated as quickly as some major carriers. The airlines can take upto 24hour to either accept or deny a reservation, this is out of CheapOair.com control, but we try very hard to accommodate our customers with other options. The fee should of been refunded, not really sure why it was not.

[Resolved] billing/cancellation policy

Booked hotel on 12/16 for 12/19 & 20
Snowed out on 12/18;
Tried to cancel and after over an hour on hold I find I needed to cancel within 8 hours of booking or there is a one night + service fees charge.

Outrageous!!!

Don't do business with these people

• CheapOair's response · Jan 02, 2009

Dear Sir, I do apologize for you not being able to keep your plans. I would like to state that the cancelation penalties are imposed directly by the individual hotels, not Cheapoair. We sell the hotel rooms and provide you with the rules for cancellation via your email confirmation.

The hotel room could of been canceled directly with the hotel if you were not able to make your reserved dates. If you could provide me with your booking confirmation, I can check with the hotel and see if they are willing to refund the money due to weather conditions.

I cannot guarantee that they will waive it, being it's their busy season, and they could of resold the room. But it's worth a shot!

Send the booking confirmation to:[email protected]

• CheapOair's response · Jan 09, 2009

Never heard back from the above customer regarding his complaint. I will assume he has accepted the explanation.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] wrong return flight twice

I did a search for a round trip flight departing nashville going to boston leaving the 9th of dec. Returning on the 10th. Somehow I booked this flight (In the search results mind you, not sure why it was returning flights on the 16th) and it was wrong. I did not know this as I expected my search results to only return flight on my specific days so I booked it. Then I called the customer service hotline on dec. 3rd to change it and told the lady (Irene foxworthy) that there was a mistake, returning on the 16th of dec. Doesn't do me any good. I need to back in nashville on the 10th! She made me send her an email saying I cancelled the first flight and then she re-booked me another flight for the 16th!!! I had just told her the 10th and she re-booked for the exact day that I was changing my flight for. And the price was hundreds of dollars more... I spent 25.00 to cancel the first reservation and 488.00 to rebook another flight that was wrong!! This is unacceptable and now I am going to have to book another flight (A one way home to nashville) but there is no way that I will use cheap-o-air ever again and I will spread the word to my colleagues never to use the website as they are a bunch of idiots working in there. Irene verbally confimred the 10th return date and when I got the confimation via email later, it was wrong. This is totally unacceptable and the website's ignorance is going to cost me about 500.00 more than if I had just used orbitz which I usually do.

• Resolution Statement

Kjdjfjfkidieidkdjjfjdisksosoodkfjfjjfjfjdikfjfjjxisosljfjfjfnfndjkdncnfbjfurisokdjcnfjkdkskdkdnfhfjdiksnfjfjfjjdkdkdjjdkdjgjfi

[Resolved] charges at airport

When I arrived at the airport on 12/1 the agent told me I still owed 15.50, they stated that they were...

[Resolved] poor service & lying agents

I booked flights on CheapOair in May, the airling cancelled the flights June 29 but CheapOair never told me. Their web sight still shows me booked on those flights.

When I called Customer Service the agent said they just learned of the cancellation and sent me an email. This is a lie. It takes an hour on hold to reach a person and then they either lie or don't know what to do.

Don't even think of using CheapOair.

• CheapOair's response · Apr 20, 2009

Brandon, I have not heard from you regarding the $800.00 error. I would suggest taking me up on my offer of assistance. I research all complaints if I am notified with the booking confirmation.

• Br
    brandon biddle Dec 02, 2008

worst mistake ever made!!

and it was an 800$ mistake!

on hold for minimum of 1 hour and once you get someone there name is sharif, or dirka, or laktim, or haji.and dont know what the hell they are doing.i ask the most simple question and i get put on hold for 25 minutes.i started yelling at one guy telling him i wanted to talk to a manager and he was telling me to watch my language, the only thing is that i wasnt cussing.

Insanely Cheap Flights Apr 06, 2009

The names of these agents are not employees of CheapOair.com so really not sure who he spoke with. If the problem above resulted in 800.00 mistake, I am assuming it could not of been such a simple question. If CheapOair.com was responsible for the error we will gladly fix the problem

I do apologize for the delays in answering our phones, we have since increased our staff to provide more efficient service.

[Resolved] bad customer service/lies/

I ordered 4 tickets to Morocco for my wife and two daughters. Three weeks later I get an email that there is a problem with my reservation.
I called and the first rep hung up on me. When the second rep answered, I asked for her name and she hung up on me. The third time I spoke
with someone who spoke English that I could understand and they told me "Royal Air Maroc and Delta Airlines would not be a partner on the
flight as offered and one leg of my trip was cancelled and they would not refund the cancelled part. They said they would work on it and call me back. When they called back, I was told Delta cancelled the departing flight. I called Delta and found out Cheapoair was lying. If Cheapoair offers a price for airline travel(I paid $4800), they should honor it. Also, who is watching out for the air travelers. We are left to the mercy of sleazy operators with no place to complain except
an internet forum. I will never use cheapoair again-it's not worth the aggravation.

• CheapOair's response · Dec 08, 2008

Dear Mr. Johnson,

Please provide me with your booking confirmation so that I may better assist you. We would not leave you hanging and not try and get a refund of $4800.00 for airline space that has been cancelled by the carrier, there has to be more to this complaint.

Forward your booking confirmation to:

• CheapOair's response · Jan 16, 2009

Mr. Johnson has never contact me regarding his complaint or wanting to discuss what happended to his $4800.00.

[Resolved] unauthorized charges

Cheap O air pull a similar stunt on me. On 11/3 I purchased 2 round trip tickets for $578 online with a debit card I use strictly for online purchases, linked to an account I keep limited funds in. When I received the confirmation the date for the return flight was wrong it was 11/24 instead of 11/26 (I still had my web page pulled up in a different window, so I knew I put in the correct date) . I called CheapOair, and was told the only tickets available for the date I was returning home were going to cost almost double what I had already paid! We went back & forth, I was telling the man I was speaking with I was looking at their web site and saw 8 pages of return flights for the date I was coming home within $50 of what I had paid. He said that was wrong, they were all sold out. Finally he agreed to a flight we could get on, on the date we needed it.

On 11/6 I attempted to make an online purchase with my debit card. Guess what I found out? CheapOair had replaced my original charge of $578 with a new charge of $828, and added charges of $50 and $48 and $1, bringing my total for those $578 tickets up to $927.

Repeated calls to CheapOair resulted in my being placed on hold for 67 minutes one time, 31 minutes another time, and never getting a live person a third time. Emails have gone unanswered except for the READ receipt coming back.

PLEASE let's get a Class Action Lawsuit going aganist these people!

• CheapOair's response · Dec 08, 2008

Ada, I have already responded to you via another website you had posted. The charges are valid as I had explained. The original charge was for a ticket that you called and cancelled due to a booking error you had made. The second charge of $828.00 is for the flights you needed with the new dates. The airline charges you an airline penalty of 150.00 to make a change, plus the difference in the airfare. Also, you failed to mention that the $50.00 is insurance you purchased with this reservation, and the 48.00 is the Cheapoair.com service fee we charge which is non refundable, $24.00 for the first booking, and the other $24.00 is for the 2nd booking.

You also mentioned that the dates you entered had been correct because you still had the booking page open, I would like to mention that you cannot complete a confirmed booking without finishing the reservation on line. Therefore, having the page open is not accurate, because you couldn't of submitted the reservation for purchase. if you hadn't completed the transaction online, meaning name, address, creditcard info. not to mention the electronic signature that you put a check mark by and accepted the terms and conditions.

I have not heard from Ada regarding any follow up to this booking!

sold non-existing flight

Back in March we bought tickets to Mazatlan, MX... Leave Orlando Nov. 3, 2008 return Nov 10, 2008...

[Resolved] fraudulent charges/poor customer service

I booked a flight from Orlando to Ottawa, Canada for a great price through cheapoair.com only to be called four days later that my flight was not available. The gentleman that called me couldn't speak a word of english and there was horrible language barrier. They basically told me that WestJet couldn't honor their price and they wanted to charge me an additional $500 for tickets. I contacted West Jet and they informed me that Cheapoair never contacted them regarding the tickets and that they have several difficulties with these websites. The take screen shots of the airlines pricing and attempt to purchase them not keeping current with up to date pricing. What they do is cancel you but still charge you the non refundable $100 booking fee. It's nothing but a scam and fraud. They have the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I'll be booking direct throught the airlines from now on. I want everyone to know of the horrible service CheapOAir provides to its customers.

• CheapOair's response · Jan 16, 2009

To the above complaint. I am terribly sorry for the service you have described above, if you could contact me I would be glad to look into what transpired with your transaction. We have the abilty to review our calls, for they are taped. There are times that the website does not update as quickly as the flights are being sold. We rely on 3rd party software and feed to display fares on over 300 Airlines, 75, 000 Hotels, and 35 Car Rental cos., We use best industry practices to display fares based on the most current data supplied by the GDS's - Global Distribution Systems. The Airlines load their fares on ATPCO, from where the GDS's access these fares and supply to us and other Online Travel Agencies. There is approximately 10-15% chance of the fare not being available which is Industry standard, all major Online agencies have the same policy. This is also due to cached data and not real time data provided to us by the GDS's. We make best efforts to minimize these by reducing our SOLD OUT issues but we are totally dependent on 3rd parties for this information. We regret this and apologize for the in-convenience".

• CheapOair's response · Jan 16, 2009

Jennifer, we have had problems in the past with West jet not updating their availability with our website. All the pricing and flights come from the airlines, not Cheapoair.com. If you were to go to the corner travel agent, she doesn't say okay the price will be $$ she has to charge you what the airline has published.

Threrefore if the quoted fare has not been updated by the airline, we do not know that the fare is soldout until we send your flight request to them for approval, however, this is not the case with all airlines. More of the low budget carriers. We will offer you the next lowest fare that is available, and will contact you for apporval. I do apologize that the agent was adament about charging the cancel fee, this is the standard cancel charge, however, in your case this should never of been charged to you. If you had been charged for the cancellation of something beyond your control, please contact me, and I will make the adjustment.

Since your posting we have worked out the technical issues with West Jet, and the pricing should be updated now in a timely manner!

• CheapOair's response · Jan 20, 2009

No contact from the above complaint. Apparently the explanation resolved her concern. We do take each concern serious and would like the opportunity to assist all our customers whom have made a complaint.

HateCheapo Jan 10, 2009

FRAUDULENT COMPANY. Reps tell you 2, 3, 4 different prices. Tell you that the prices online that you see arent available (!!), charge up your card, one lady told me DOUBLE what the 1st rep told me. Absolute LIES, then they charge you $50 to cancel.

Below is transcript of my HORRIBLE experience:

1st rep: “Yes I can give you that for $1228 for two people” Takes my payment info, address, phone number, puts me on hold to give me booking number. NEVER COMES BACK. I waited 45 minutes because she did have my credit card info…. Hung up and called again.

2nd rep: “Hmmm I don’t see any booking… Are you sure you initiated it?”
    Me: “Yes, she took all my info, here are the flight times, here is all the info…”
    2nd rep: “well I don’t see it”
    Me: “let me call my credit card company before this goes any further.”

3rd rep: “Hm, I see no info, or reservation. I can make you one though. Okay it comes to $1200. A PIECE”
    Me: OH yeah?? ? THAT’S FUNNY, THAT’S TWICE WHAT THE 1ST LADY SAID
    3rd rep: “Are you sure? All that is available is that price… Our website does not update like our real time computers here.. So that is the price, I’m sure.”
    Me: “Isn’t that fraud? You’re advertising flights that arent not available. And now you’re trying to charge me double, when I’m on the website right now and oh look, it went down $100, the fare is now $1194 for TWO people.”
    3rd rep: “You can book that online, but it will not go through.”
    Me: “yeah right” and I booked it (yes, I know I should have walked away right here
    Everything good, got reservation number, I called Jamaica Air and everything is good, I’m on for the flights.

Email from Cheapoair: “The fare you requested is not available, we can give it to you for $1332 now”
    Me, emailing back: “CANCEL MY RESERVATION YOU IDIOTS.

4th rep: “There will be a cancel fee of $25
    Me: “No, there wont, I’m not paying sh**t. You will cancel my order right now, for free. I’m sure there are ten other orders to cancel so yall can make $250 from ten other people, but not from me. Cancel it now.”
    4th rep: “I can’t do that”
    Me: Do it
    4th rep: “Let me talk to my manager…….. okay it is cancelled for no fee”

DON’T EVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, HOLY CRAP !!!

[Resolved] fradulent website/false advertising/ horrible outsourced customer service with language barrier

I purchased a one way fare last night @ 10:54 pm from IND to LAX one way. I was told the flight was $297. I input my credit card information, and received a confirmation and booking number via email. I went to sleep peacefully knowing I purchased my ticket. I woke up today, and I received an email from Cheapoair.com @ 4:52 am (almost 6 or 7 hrs later) stating that the fare for my ticket increased, and that my ticket would not be confirmed until I called or emailed them to accept the increased fare. Mind you, in my email there is a confirmation and travel itinerary for the ticket I was told was confirmed.

I called their customer service line, which is outsourced somewhere in India, so there was a language barrier there. I talked to the rep, and they must give them a sheet of standard responses to read to American customers who call, because no matter what I said, she would only respond by saying they had no control over what the airlines do. I was frustrated and told them to cancel my ticket, at the new price they quoted me, (after telling me my other ticket with the lower fare was confirmed) I could have just purchased the tix directly thru the airline for a cheaper price.

I told them I was going to sue them for false advertising ( I have the proof with the email saying my tix was confirmed), I asked the rep for the address to forward legal correspondence, she did not understand me when I asked her this (her crash course english for dummies class did not teach her such words). She put the phone down without telling me to hold, and asked her boss some questions because of our language barrier, and I guess he told her to disconnect our call, because that's what she did.

After reading all of these complaints on the many different websites, I am seriously going to pursue a class action law suit against this company. They are a fraud, and a rip off. And to all the other consumers out there here is a tip: If you look on Cheapoair's website, at their published fares and then look at the airline, they are publishing those fares for, most of the time, the airlines published fare is cheaper than cheapoair's website.

They are a ripoff and I am going to report them in everyway I can.

Good luck!

• CheapOair's response · Oct 22, 2008

This customer did contact our office and she had two different airlines on her reservation. She received an email confirmation from us within minutes advising her of her confirmed transaction on our website. However, the email also stated that her credit card would be charged in two seperate transaction and she would be receiving the information in another email, containing her ticket numbers. If she did not receive that to contact our office. The email did not confirm that the airline tickets had been issued or her creditcard was charged.

The ticket went up 15.00, she did call our office and did authorize the higher fare. Well one of the airline segments we issued with no problem. when it came to issuing the 2nd ticket her credit card was declined. She did not have another form of payment, so she asked to cancel this booking!

Also, while listening to the taped phone call, the agent did place the phone down to ask her manager a question, however, she did not hang up on the customer the call did disconnect, but not by the cheapoair agent!

customer support

• CheapOair's response · Apr 20, 2009

Carole, please provide me with the booking confirmation for this reservation. I truly would like to research this and find the benefit that CheapOair.com would of had in changing your flights!

Could it be that the airline went through a schedule change, and you did not reconfirm your flights with the airlines 48hours prior for any changes, this is advised on all bookings. Therefore, the schedule change had not been worked by the airlines to allow a sufficient connecting flight. CheapOair.com cannot go in and change a customers flight schedule the only ones who can modify any bookings is the airlines themselves.

• Ca
    carole Feb 14, 2009

Be aware they also change your itinerary. They left me stranded at LAX. When I called them, the woman( who failed English for dummies), told me that since I failed to get my reservation changed, there was nothing thwey could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor who spoke English, put on hold again, just to get another women, (who failed the same course), who told me to keep calling back untill I reached someone who speaks English.

• Ai
    AIRLINE TRAVEL SCAM Jul 15, 2009

I would like to start a class action lawsuit against all airlines and airline affiliate travel sites for false advertising or bait and switch on these airfares, Let's band together and put a stop to this!!!

• 2t
    2techsavy Oct 14, 2011

cheap oair is a ripoff shows low prices when try to book the fares get replaced with a way higer price, stay away from these guys. or matter of fact give it a shot aand youll see for urself what kind of ripoff these guys are.

their price is not cheap

This company does not tell you openly that they charge $25 service charge on top of the actual ticket cost. Their charge is included in tax and other fees, so you do not know. I founded out by going to airline and check their tax and fees, but it was too late. Cheapoair.com customer service is not going to help you at all. Their service was terrible. I was on the phone for a long time. They kept transfering my call between billing and customer service. They would not let me talk with manager or manager refused talk with you. I must say their price is not cheap. You get charged behined and get bad customer service .They should change their name to expensive air.com.

As the name stands Cheapoair miss leading customer to thinking your ticket is lower in price than going through airline company.
But truth is customer is charged $25 more for your service which is not clearly spelled out on the site.
Which is unfair practice to me. Why not tell all the customer that your airfare is same as airline offers, but if you purchase from us you will be charged $25 extra. See how many people purchase ticket from them.

Insanely Cheap Flights Apr 06, 2009

CheapOair.com does list our service fee in several areas of our website. Under our Terms and Condition, it is clearly displayed, along with the mandated taxes. The fee is also listed under TAXES AND FEES on the very first page of our website.

I do apologize that this was an over sight, however, most travel companies have imposed service fees for several years.

salim vasani Nov 03, 2016

I had the same experience with cheapoair. They sneaked in a $25 charge. I got charged by the Hotel and another $25 by Cheapoair making it more expensive than other sites were offering. It does not say anywhere they are going to charge on top of the hotel cost. Customer service just puts you on hold for over an hour so you get frustrated and hang up.

[Resolved] online scam

As i read all the above comments with them i don't agree because once i traveled from jfk to del not only i got a cheapest fare in the market as well as the friendly and professional customer service, therefore i would recommend to all my friends and family members to choose only cheapoair.com... only way to go chepoair.com

• CheapOair's response · Sep 29, 2008

Dear Roody, we do appreciate you taking the time to post a postive experience you had while using Cheapoair.com.

Many consumers tend to post the negative, and forget about the great products that we do have.

Again, thank you for taking the time!

www.cheapoair.com

• Wy
    Wyatt Nevada Apr 23, 2009

Must be someone associated with Cheap o that wrote this one.

Harley Jul 18, 2009

This letter is to inform the public about my terrible experience with cheapoair.com. I am still fighting for the money which is rightfully mine and would like to discourage others from purchasing airline tickets from this fraudulent company. I've tried speaking with several people at cheapoair.com, tried filing a dispute with my credit card company that I purchased the tickets with and the insurance company that I bought along with the ticket to no avail.

I purchased my roundtrip plane ticket on April 3rd, 2008 for the amount of $817.57. The tickets which I purchased over 9 months before my flight was scheduled to leave were in fact non-refundable. I was well aware of this at the time of purchase and I wouldn't need a refund now if Cheapoair had kept their part of the bargain. I never anticipated that once I purchased the tickets, I would be unable to use them due to negligence from Cheapoair themselves.

On November 30th, 2008, I received a very vague e-mail stating that my itinerary had changed and "depending on the extent of the changes an alternate flight or a refund may be possible" .The e-mail also asked for me to call Cheapoair, which I did. I spoke to several people there and was placed on hold for several minutes, numerous times. No one at Cheapoair was able to give me a written description of the changes in my itinerary, nor any proposals for a new itinerary. I took it upon myself to call one of the airlines who were able to tell me that my tickets were no longer valid since the airlines had changed their departure and arrival times significantly. They also informed me that Cheapoair alone, would be able to re-book my flight and that I would need to call them to do so. My futile attempts to receive some sort of new itinerary or a refund, continued all the way up until my scheduled departure date of December 17th 2008. Needless to say, I was forced to pay for new tickets from another airline which were even more expensive than the tickets I purchased from Cheapoair due to how late I was booking my new flight.

After I had already purchased the new tickets, I was told by a gentleman named Nigel Slate, that I would be able to receive a refund. He appeared as if he was sincerely trying to help me, but would not give any manager's contact information. He only stated that he would "escalate [my] booking to [his] senior manager to get in touch with [me]". He also gave me a general e-mail address which was: [email protected] and assured me that if I wrote to that e-mail address it would go to "senior most management". However, this was the same e-mail address that I had been using almost daily since November 30th. I did e-mail it though, and as expected, I never received a response nor did Nigel's manager contact me as promised.

To this day, I am still fighting to get my money back and have no written itinerary from my prior booking. I have been communicating with a woman by the name of Anna Farewell. The number that I have for her is: #212-634-5191. She assured me that she would help me with this situation, yet never returns my phone calls. I received a letter from her recently stating that she would give me a voucher for a domestic flight using Air Tran lines that would expire by December. I kindly declined this preposterous offer, since, not only is that flight no where NEAR equivalent to the tickets I purchased over a year ago, but I will hopefully be moving to the U.K. by the end of the year to be with my cancer stricken fiance' and will have no need for a domestic ticket.

Cheapoair should not be running a business at all and I am sure that I am not the only customer that is in this situation. Several weeks after Cheapoair was aware that my itinerary was no longer valid, I continued to see the same tickets for sale online. Their customer service is a joke and I cannot believe that I have had to deal with such a nightmare in the midst of my fiance' being diagnosed with cancer for a second time. I've wasted several unfruitful hours on the telephone, filing claims, and writing letters in attempt to retrieve my money from Cheapoair. I've tried being cordial and friendly and then of course, I’ve tried being the highly irritated customer. The conclusion that I have come to is that: Cheapoair doesn't care about their customers- They already have their money from me. Everyone needs to hear my story and I will ensure that they do. If there is anything that you can do to help me gain justice, I would truly appreciate it. Thank you for your time and reading my letter.

tranded in ukraine

I bought a ticket trying to Round trip from Huntsville Alabama, to Odessa Ukraine. I made the mistake of...

[Resolved] I was double billed

Even though it might save you a few dollars, don't book through cheapoair!!! They double billed me for my flight and after two hours of being bounced around on hold I was told that it will take at least 10 business days to refund my money. The customer service was horrific and they did not apologize or offer anything to make up for taking several hundred dollars from my bank account. When I asked to speak with a supervisor the agent refused. Also, since every other merchant that one would go to can refund a purchase within a day or so I find it very suspicious that this refund is taking so long. Save yourself a headache and book through a reputable agency!

• CheapOair's response · Sep 09, 2008

Katie, we forwarded out an email to a small group of our customers, we experienced a technical glitch in our accounting system. Our customers were informed and a inconvenience voucher was issued. The refunds are different than with a store purchase, you buy something from that store it's their item. When you buy airline tickets, the money goes directly to the airline, therefore, we have a process in which we need to process a refund, submit the double charge to the airline so that they know the 2nd charge is attached to a "duplicate ticket" then after the airlines realize there is not an actual ticket they release the funds, it all depends on your credit card company, it can take 48 hours or it can take upto 2weeks. Your refund is processed and you should have your refund.

If you require further assistance please email me with your booking confirmation:

• CheapOair's response · Sep 23, 2008

katie, has never contacted me directly, therefore this has been resolved.

www.cheapoair.com

• Te
    Teresa Parker Sep 11, 2019

Do not use cheap o air. They charged me twice for my seat assignment. I was transferred several times and no resolution to double billing.

[Resolved] no e-ticket attached=no flight!

We booked and paid for our flights from Calgary to Guatemala back in March 2008. On Aug 30, we checked-in...

Fernie Airlines

[Resolved] fraud ticket selling and lies

I booked a ticket from Beijing to Boston on July 28th, 2008. The ticket was $100 cheaper than my other choices on that day. I called them and asked about restriction on this ticket since it's cheaper and provided them with my passport and nationality. I called again to verify my credit informations and asked about the restrictions again. Nothing was mentioned to me. Then paid the bill.

Today is July 31th, I got a call saying if I'm flying with this ticket, I need to apply for a transit visa, which will take at least 5 business days. My flight is August 7th. I called cheapoair.com, 3 times, one hanged up my phone. one supervisor mislead me with the credit points thing. He told me if I cancel the ticket, I get credit points and I can use them in the future at any agent or air companies. Then I asked again to double check, he changed his words and said no, I could only fly with the same air company. So I hanged up and called the airline to double check this credit points thing. And I was told NO. IT's Not the Truth! Even if they give me the credit points, I'll have to fly with the same airline only, within one year.

But the third one, a supervisor again, gave me a different explanation that I can only fly with air Canada from Beijing to Boston only. God. I can fly with any other airline with this price for a round trip. This credit points means NO Points.

Cheapoair is absolutely a NIGHTMARE. Avoid them whenever possible. Speak with an accent, always trying to interrupt you, impatient, bad attitude. And LIE!!! How can they provide wrong informs to customers and trying to cheat them?

Fraud!

• CheapOair's response · Jul 31, 2008

Dear Ceji, I have read over your complaint, and this does not sound like a booking made through CHEAPOAIR.COM. First, I would like to mention we do not deal in tickets such as "credit Points' I'm not sure what you are referring to. Our tickets are non refundable, and you can cancel and obtain a credit on that airline only, and use it for future travel less any fees for rebooking, they are not good on any airline and good with any other agency, but most of all we would not use the terms credit points.

As for the transit visa, we do not advise our customer what documents are needed, you as the traveler should be aware of what is needed, we have this posted on our website and is also printed on your receipt to check for documents, and transit visa's may be required. We advise all to contact the consulte and embassy!

Please provide me with your cheapoair.com booking confirmation so I can verify if this is indeed a booking made with us, email to:

• CheapOair's response · Aug 13, 2008

This is a followup posting to Ceji, I have emailed the customer directly and no response from him. It appears this is not a Cheapoair.com problem, due to the lack of correspondance with me, offering assistance to investigate into what his concern is.

When customers file complaints such as this, and do not provide proper information or willing to contact a direct person to help with a situation, it appears this is not a "valid" complaint against Cheapoair.com!

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] they have the worst customer support and policies

I bought a round trip from San Francisco to Copenhagen, Denmark through cheapoair.com. While in Denmark I had to renew my visa and the procedure dragged out, which meant that I had to postpone my return flight.

When I tried to contact costumer service by email (three times) they never responded at all. Then I called them and was on hold for almost an hour. When I finally got a representative he (Norton) told me that he would get back to me immediately by email. I never heard back from him. I emailed him to ask for an update- no reply.

I called again and talked to a different representative. After being on hold for various reasons again for almost an hour she said that she could change my flight but that it would mean that I had to spend the night at Heathrow airport AND it would cost me $2500!!! The original (roundtrip) ticket was $1300 all included.

My advice is to stay away from this company. Most other airlines that I have dealt with in the past try to help you even beyond what they are required to do. CheapOAir will just try to milk you. Take your business somewhere else.

• CheapOair's response · Jul 08, 2008

Darwin, I have responded to your complaint on another website, as I had stated, the cost of the changes are determined by the airlines themselves. Cheapoair.com, or any other travel agency does not determine the cost, if you change your dates, be prepared to pay for the new cost of the ticket. All the seating is based on availability, and if the flights are full, you are going to pay top dollar to get a seats, last minute changes are always costly.

The airlines also charge a minimum of 100-350.00 per ticket to change, that is never going to go away, but recently these fees increased. I do apologize that your VISA issues caused the additional financial burden, but Cheapoair.com should not be responsible for the increase. As far as the long hold delays I do apologize for that, we did experience heavy call volume during the holiday weekend, and we also do not do exchanges, or quote fees and prices via email, that you needed to contact our sales office, which you did.

If you still require assistance, please email me your booking confirmation to:[email protected] and I will investigate into what can be done.

• CheapOair's response · Jul 15, 2008

It appears that Darwin has accepted the responsibility with the dilema of his VISA problem, for he has never contacted me for assistance with his complaint. This matter would be considered closed.

angry customer May 11, 2009

I completely agree CheapoAir has the worst customer service. They are not willing to make any exceptions to help their customers. It's difficult to become loyal customer to a company that only seems to be interested in getting your money.

[Resolved] they charge an enormous amount of fee

My mom bought two international tickets for me and my daughter. She accidentally booked the wrong departure and arrival date for us. She did not realize until she got an email from Cheapoair. 20 minutes later my mom called cheapoair explaining what has happened. The agent Nigel Slate told my mom that for him to cancel the ticket she has to pay the $150.00 fee for each passenger ($300.00 total) and purchase fee. With that said my mom was forced to buy the new plane ticket from them. The total price for the ticket was about $3600.00 for me and my daughter which is okay. But on top of that they have charged my mom an additional $400.00 for an agent fee. This is ridiculous. They didn’t even bother looking for the cheapest rate for my mom and they have the nerve to charge for agent fee of $400.00. I have tried calling the airline the next day (bought the ticket 6/06/08) and they wont help at all. I do understand that some of us work for commission but how can these people sleep at night for doing this.

• CheapOair's response · Jun 19, 2008

The above complaint for Anne, has been resolved to her satisfaction, she is receiving a $350.00 refund.

We do apologize for the error created, Cheapoair is committed to resolving any situation that is within our control. We do appreciate your busines and continue to grow and improve our service.

Randrews
    CHEAPOAIR
    ONLINE CUSTOMER SVC MANAGER

• CheapOair's response · Jul 01, 2008

Anne has contacted me and advised she did receive her refund, as promised and her trip with her grand daughter went very well!

Case resolved to the customers satisfaction.

Randrews
    CHEAPOAIR
    CUSTOMER SUPPORT

[Resolved] bait and switch

June 2, 2008
When reservation was made the fare was listed at $138.00, during booking I was informed that fare was no longer available but I could book at $219.00. While at the same time I was looking at the Express Jet online booking page the fare was listed as $235.00, so save a few dollars and go with cheapoair.com. I received an email confirmation from cheapoair.com. I then checked the itinerary at the Express Jet website, everything was there and an Express Jet confirmation number was issued and to check in online 24 hours before flight.

June 5, 2008
My husband calls @ 8am to inform me he received a phone call stating his reservation has been canceled unless he pays an additional $106.00 to book the flight, which leaves WITHIN HOURS.

When I returned to the house, I also had a message about the reservation I assumed was from cheapoair.com although not one word was understandable because of the thick accent and the speed in which the woman was speaking, had I not received the phone call from my husband I would have deleted the message as a wrong number.
I then check my reservation for the customer service number and contacted a rep who informed me they had tried a number of times to book the ticket days after the reservation was made and that the fare is now higher and would I like to pay the $106.00 difference.

Why was I informed only hours before the flight, why was the ticket not purchased at the time of the reservation, and why is the ticket only $82.00 higher on the Express Jet website. This is a bait and switch operation and that is a practice which is not allowed in the United States. I see a class action heading their way and I will be a participating plaintiff.

• CheapOair's response · Sep 29, 2008

I can only say that when you book your flights within hours or days of going on a trip, that would be a reason why you received a call within hours. If you had not been reachable, or returned phone calls that could be another reason for the delay. However, we do not run a bait and switch operation!

• Ri
    ridingmcg Jun 05, 2008

June 2, 2008

June 5, 2008

• Ad
    Ada Brewster Nov 13, 2008

PLEASE let's get a Class Action Lawsuit going aganist these people!

Contact me at [email protected] if there are any other interests in pursuing this.

CHEAPOAIR look out!

• Je
    Jenduffy Jun 26, 2009

They did the same thing to me. Fare no longer available. After charging my card without my consent and promissed a refund they chose to send me a voucher. Still over charged me 180.00. Now I have to go thru my CC company to get my money back. I have been purchasing airfare on line over 10 years for friends and family. This company is NOT trustworthy. Do not do buisness with them You will be sorry.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices