Chase Health Advancepredatory business practices

S

Loan opened on 08/31/2017 in the amount of $8272.00 under account number [protected]. Loan terms are for 24 months, no interest financing 0% APR.
Minimum Payments due each monthly billing cycle for the promotional period. If such payments are not made, finance charges will be imposed from the purchase date
at the 24.75% APR. After 23 consecutive payments, I send check for the last payment for the total of $281.34 on 08/19/2017. On 09/04/2017 I received new statement
for $281.34 + $39 late fee. I contacted billing department immediately and had been notified by their staff that they didn't receive my last payment. I made
arrangements to pay bill over the internet and payed full amount. 10/09/09 I received new bill stating that my promotional plan canceled and finance charges
accrued(starting from 08/31/07) are my new balance equal to $2040.82. I called them on 10/09/09 trying to explain and dispute charges. They promised to review the
case. On 10/13/09 I received the call from Chase Health and they notify me that my claim is denied and I am responsible for the whole amount of $2040.42 I mentioned
that how convenient for them to lose my last payment and make $2040.42 out of blue. Moreover, when the account was paid in full via internet with the last payment due on 09/29/2017, the account information online stated that the remaining balance due on that account was $0.00. The statement claiming that an additional amount of $2040.42 in finance charges was owed did now get issued until 10/04/2017. Chase Health Advance apparently took 6 days to come up with this fictitious claim of $2040.42 in finance charges. This is at minimum fraudulent activities and entrapment.

• Sr
    sroach11111 May 04, 2009

company was recomended by my dentist for some bridge work I needed done, 1st payment was recorded as late and I was charged $39.95 plus intrest, when confronted they agreeded that the statement was not delivered on time and credited me the late payment. since that time I have recieved a $39.95 late payment fro 6 of the last 7 payments, the account is always credited the following day after due date, it dosen't matter when you mail the check it always gets posted after the due date. theit customer service personell, always seem to have a reason that it dosen't get posted on time. I have a very good credit rating and iI don't wish to have it affected by this scam company,

• Ri
    RichardC May 22, 2009

I had a similar situation too. Note that their practice of added prior-accrued interest to an account is now ILLEGAL.

lilagroup Jun 26, 2009

I want to add to the above complaint that the extra $40.00 that was added on to the original amount was almost 14%. When the account was opened they told me the interest was to be 10.99%. When I get the first bill the interest goes up without warning? Is this legal? When this account was opened, I told them I wanted to pay this immediately when I received the bill because I didn't want to pay that high of interest on such a large amount as I had other means where I could pay the bill immediately. The interest I have on other cards are 5.99%. So why would I want to use Chase Health Advance in the 1st place? I also cannot believe that the total interest is now almost $60.00 when I just opened this account (and paid it off in full).

lilagroup Jun 26, 2009

This sounds so familiar.. it's scary. I have been duped big time.

• Cd
    CDD Jul 27, 2009

I too have had bad experiences with Chase Health Advance. I made a payment using my bill pay service and it didn't go through. I honestly don't know if it was my error or the website. When I discovered the error I went back and made the payment. I had been paying the bill using my bill pay service because Chase Health Advance said they didn't have an automatic withdrawal payment option.<br />
    <br />
    I then received a letter saying that because one payment was not received timely they were going to rescind the promotional no interest charged feature of the contract. Whenever I have tried to receive information about this I spoke to someone with Chase Health Advance that is rude and disrectful, and seems to be attempting to work around the flaws in the payment system and shaft the customer. This seems to be a typical tactic with Banks these days. They receive our tax money from the government and then get more by cheating the customer our of more. <br />
    <br />
    The way I see it its not my fault that Chase Health Advance doesn't have a method of taking the funds directly out of my checking account, however I am being held responsible to pay more all the same. If this is not in violation of a banking regulation concerning loans or the Consumer Fraud Protection Act I would be surprised.

• Dm
    dmgomez Aug 11, 2009

Same situation!
    I received a call conveniently after the payment due date to ask me why I have not made a payment? When I stated that I had, the rep went on to inform me that the payment was return Insufficient funds. When I explained that could not be I received a confirmation, she then explained that there has been a lot of people that have keyed in the incorrect routining or account numbers and this might be the case. When I asked why I wasn't contacted sooner, she had no answer. Now they want to stick me with a $39 late fee, and a $29 return fee. I then asked well which is it? Is it a Insufficient funds or error in the system? The Rep stated she did not know! So you want me pay a fees but can't prove to me that it was my error. Did we bail this company out? I have not had one good experience with this company.
    (dmgomez)

• Wo
    wolstad Sep 01, 2009

Chase Dental Advance is a huge scam, but I have unsuccessfully complained to my attorney general and the Federal Trade Commission with no avail. My dentist has charged me for work I never had done. Meanwhile, they forwarded a check to my dentist for $5000. Of course, he is in on the scam, and won't return the money. A lawyer wanted over $5000 to represent me. What good is that? I did NOT even have the dental work done I am being charged for. Why can't we get an attorney to file a class action suit against this company to represent ALL of us. Their practices violate many truth in lending practices, yet they somehow get away with it. What gives? As individuals, we are nothing. This ripoff is a disgrace.

Jacepiee013 Oct 13, 2009

I had the same thing happend. I got lasik eye surgery. i was charged the right amount but every payment i made came on the next statment as late with a late fee. I always paid the late fee and then one day they added all the finance charging so now i had to pay all of it plus a late charge. I made all my payments on time i didnt get why this was happening. My bill was comming like 3 days before the due date too, they probably did this on purpose hoping you cant get your payment in on time. I finally paid the whole thing off and i will never deal with them again. I fought and fought with there managers on the phone and got nowhere !!! Do not deal with Chase health Advance...

Jacepiee013 Oct 13, 2009

I had gotten lasik eye surgery and financed through Chase Health Advance. Even from the Start the bill never came and never came and never came. I called every month to make sure my payment was made on time and to ask them why i wasnt getting a bill. I confirmed my address with them several times. Finally i started getting a bill and it came like 2 or 3 days before i had to have the payments mailed into them. so it still never did me any good. then i started getting bills with late charges on them. I would call and ask why even though i made my payment on time why i still had to pay a late charge. They never once let me off the hook. Then to make things worse i got a bill with all accured intrest around 2 or 3 months before i would have been done with payments. I called and spoke with manager after manager and they refused to do a single thing for me even tho i paid on time. its a crazy scary scam !!! Please find other places to finance through this is not the place!!!

• Bo
    BOB11232 Feb 11, 2010

I AGREE COMPLITALLY . WITH EVERYTHING EVERYONE IS SAYING HERE I WORK FOR A LOCAL NEWS PAPER AND WILL POST A LINE ABOUT THEM IN THE PAPER SO THAT PEOPLE WILL KNOW NOT TO USE THEM AT ALL AND I WILL ALSO DISCLOUSE THE NAMES OF EVERYONE WHO I AM DEALING WITH RIGHT NOW INCLUDING VICE PRESIDENT AND DIRECTOR OF THE COMPANY ONCE I WILL GATHER UP ALL OF THEIR NAMES !!!

• Mr
    Mr. Derbs Jun 19, 2010

this is unreal

• Br
    Brownperson Jan 17, 2011

The same thing happened to me, I always paid the full amount when I get my statement and no statement for nov 2017 so in dec 2017 I sent 2 full payments, just to get a letter in the mail that the % will change to 24.75% if I dont pay the 1 late fee I got because they did not send a statement and I know they did not send it because it happen to most people and we all were paying on time every month! Thisis how they get u DO NOT deal with Chase health Advance!!

• Jg
    Jgudema Feb 01, 2011

IF you ever wanted to know what unconscionable business practices are, this about this company and make your own assessment. In the guise of helping individuals with interest free funds for medical procedures, they will charge unconscionable interest fees should you miss a deadline or payment. It is a trap. People will undoubtedly mess up on the payments and they will sweep in with insane interest rates, and even interest on long paid off payments!

My story is simple. I did one their their loans, set up monthly payments through my bank so as to not miss a payment. Something went awry on the last payment (we thought it was paid) and we missed a second payment (again thinking it was paid off). SO, we sucked up the very high late fees and just paid it all off in early January - just to be done with the headache.

Come February, I get another bill for $155. It shows that I paid off the entire balance on the previous payment. But, now I owe interest because I didn't finish the payments within 12 months.

What a business? I pay this bill and then I am sure I will get another.

Stay away from these crooks! And, warn your friends and businesses. They are not benevolent whatsoever. They would not budge on me owing on interest even though I paid off the balance the previous month.

I am considering suing them for Consumer Fraud in one of the New Jersey state small claims court. The Consumer Fraud Statute calls for double or triple damages and my important, LEGAL FEES.

• Du
    dude123465 Feb 22, 2011

Read your contract

• Du
    dude123465 Feb 22, 2011

btw the address you put is where a payment is to be sent

• La
    lawyer12345 Feb 22, 2011

listen dude - screw the contract. go to law school. then practice law for 20 years. This is based on my experience and I am 99% sure I could kick their ### in court. Not because I am doubting what is in their contracts. Not because I have read any of the updated laws on predatory and unconscionable lending practices (which I am sure are pretty strict and would not be favorable towards this crap). I would kick their ### because I know what small claims court judges are like - they would have the same incredulous reaction that I had. This is a fight over $160 in phantom interest charges posted retroactively after I had already paid off the balance in its entirety. I would be invoking the state's consumer protection and fraud statutes - which in my state call for lawyer fees and double damages. The moment I file the case, they loose. Even if they could convince a judge that their contracts are somehow fair and understandable (however unlikely that is), the cost of defending themselves far outweighs the worth of dealing with this. By the way, I received a call the next day after posting the complaint (here and with them) informing me that they were removing the contested interest charges. Maybe it helped that I sent an email to the CEO of JP Morgan Chase telling him what an embarrassment this unit was to the 2nd largest bank in the U.S. Or, maybe the business is so crooked, they only go after the fools who don't fight back.

• Pv
    pvscam17 Feb 22, 2011

i am having the same problem i make all my payments a week early and i always get a email way after the due date saying that it didnt go through and every time a re-enter the exact same information i did the first time it goes thru the second time and i get charged the late fees and they charged me. i did my math and have paid off $2017 of my $4790 loan and yet i still owe $4400???? it smells like a scam!!! done use this system ever people if you dont have the money due ther procedures until u can pay cash or find a better system because with chase health they wil charge u more than what they loan..

littlegreybird May 03, 2011

applied for ChaseHealthAdvance in December 2017. It was offered by my dentist’s office as the convenient credit option, which allows me better manage my finance and avoid to pay a big sum at once for orthodont’s treatment.
    However I figured out that it was a big mistake to use ChaseHealthAdvance credit.
    The first due of misunderstanding with dentist office clerk I made a late payment. I believed that it would be direct payment. Ok, it was my fault, I paid late fee and all next payments were paid by due date.
    After that I figured out that ChaseHealthAdvance recalled promotion percentage rate and switch to 27, 99%, which is definitely does not match my understanding of good finance management.
    By the 1st of April I paid all balance including 332.92 interest charge in order to close account.
    However I got another statement, which said that I need to pay another 83.75 interest charge.
    Concerning all these above
    I find information in statement not transparent. There is no detailed information about how Balance Subject to Interest Rate was calculated.

Balance Subject to Interest Rate
    Statement from 12/09/2017 5, 000.00 clear
    Statement from 01/09/2017 5, 000.00 clear
    Statement from 02/09/2017 4, 769.00 ???
    Statement from 03/09/2017 1, 404.32 ???
    Statement from 04/09/2017 3, 523.39 ???
    Because ChaseHealthAdvance has not provided clear information about how all charges had been calculated, I request to close my account right away. Which of course was refused to do. More over I called and wrote them to request more detailed information how they got such charges. However I didn't get any replay on my requests.

• Ap
    AprilDC May 24, 2011

I've set up online bill pay... Transfers me to another site, will not allow me to pay online... Will not take my login and password... Can't talk to real person, always ridiculous wait time, no email or live chat support. Only option is to call and wait, wait, wait. Seems they intentionally try to make you late so they can jack up interest rate & pay fees. They suck!!! Paying off asap & will never do business with chase again. Thus us my 2nd account & have had problems with both.

jayaybee Jul 18, 2011

Chase Health Advance statements are deliberately misleading and are designed to make sure that you do not pay the promotional balances on time.

• Do
    Dominga Arenas Dec 28, 2012

Hello, My Name is Dominga Arenas
    I started with a problem with this company on 12-13-12 my last payment was supposed to have been made on 12-11-12 when I called on 12-13-12 I talked with Amanda a supervisor they transferred me to because of my late payment, which she explained I also had to pay and I did. I made a payment that day of 232.93 instead of 207.93 I preceded to apologize and explained my reason for being late I explained to her that my Sister is in the Hospital pending a cerebral surgery and I was not my self but I would pay the late fee anyway since this was my final payment. she placed me on Hold and when she came back on the Line now she said that I had to pay the accrued interest of Approx $780.00 once the bill was generated in January. I pleaded that we were struggling financially due to the situation with the Hospital and asked if they at chase would please reconsider since this was my final payment. Please Help me to resolve this situation. Thank You