Chase Bankstalling on refinancing my mortgage

Chase formly Washington Mutual has been delaying and delaying my home loan refinancing. I started my loan process in Jan, now it's May, and my refinancing is still not done. They keep telling me to fill out more forms, making up new rules. My mistake was properly refinancing with the same bank, they probably think they are losing money once I've refinanced my loan. Maybe I should refinance with another bank now, take my business elsewhere. Afterall, I am the one paying them mortgage every month.

• Rb
    R B Jun 15, 2009

Same exact thing on my loan. Started In January and am still calling him every day. Processor was fired, you are one of 40, 000 people that applied. I was sent an approval letter 8 weeks ago, still not closed.

• Em
    Emit May 23, 2009

Similar deal here, but finally got ours through. We started the process in December with Chase (ours was with Chase, not WAMU), the loan officer either left or was laid-off or fired when WAMU joined Chase. Then the delays and additional request for the same paperwork started coming in. Finally I started bugging them everyday, threatened to pull investments and all of my business out fo their bank, and within 2 weeks we finally closed. But I had to bug (e-mail and phone calls) the Loan Manager and the person handling the loan every day. Only good thing out of the process, and complaining, was that the original locked rate of 5% was reduced to 4.625%. That plus we had most of the fee refunded. So they get to keep our business for awhile, but I was less than 24 hours from pulling it.

• Do
    Dolores Smith Feb 01, 2008

I was trying to cash in my government bonds and the Assistant Branch Manager Debra Phillip started to debate with me aloud, about not having an account at Chase, and therefore I couldn't cash the bonds there. I tried to tell her that these were government bonds, and that can be cashed in any bank. Finally after a period of ten minutes she decided to make a call to find out, that she was wrong and that I could cash them. I was embarrassed and humiliated.