Certegy Check Servicesreally bad service

J Review updated:

What a waste, this company has declined so many checks ( good checks) its unreal. I cant believe Walmart actually deals with them. If you try to cash a check any where look out cause this scam is spreading fast.

• Bo
    Boonedocks Feb 28, 2010

I tried to cash my government check today Feb. 28th at Walmart in Clinton Maryland and I was declined with no explanation. When I called the 866 # I was told that every so many customers the check will be declined for safety reasons nobody could give me a logical explanation. Not to mention the embarrassment. A government check. Can you believe it? I'm just baffled!

• Sh
    SheilaHelmantoler Oct 15, 2011

Certegy is a crock! I tried to cash my payroll check at Wal-Mart and because of Certegy they would not cash it. I hate to tell Wal-Mart, but they lost at LEAST 100.00 today on me alone. I could not buy things I wanted because of not being able to cash my check. If they do this often, Wal-Mart is going to be losing a LOT of money.

• Da
    Damoses Apr 10, 2012

We have been cashing my husband's checks at Walmart for the last seven months without a problem. Today they denied it. Same amount from the same company as the previous checks. This has cost Walmart a customer. We will no longer shop at Walmart.

Joni cool cat Jul 25, 2013

Same thing happened to me at Walmart! Walmart already going down the tubes; are they attempting to increase their speed? Just wondering??

• This company blows I don't even have a checking account and try to cash a payroll check a walmart and they denied it even thou they cash one last week. And when I call the number to ask why they didn't know? other than it could be anything depending on the software denied for... Should be sued for defamation character... Can we say class action law suit!

• I tried to write a company check to Academy and it was declined by Certegy. When I called them they said our check didn't meet the "transaction acceptance criteria, which includes a variety of factors such as, the check series, dollar amount, and other transaction details". When I inquired as to which of these factors seemed to be the problem they said they didn't know. They actually told me that no one knows that information. So to clarify I asked, "You declined a check because of some reason that you (and no one else) knows). Correct?" I was assured that was correct. In order to keep this from happening in the future, you can become part of their VIP club. Seriously? When did having an account in good standing stop speaking for itself?
    My advice is to contact your merchants and complain about Certegy. We have to let them know that we won't stand for this kind of bogus company pushing YES or NO buttons blindly without any back up.

Chukwuma Obi Jul 23, 2019

Can you explain to me why Wal-mart on Mecury Blvd. in Hampton, Va. was unable to cash a check issued by UsAA insurance company with its headquarters in Dallas, Texas this afternoon?
    Rev. Chukwuma B. Obi

Chukwuma Obi Jul 23, 2019

Can you please explain to me why the Walmart store on Mecury Blvd. in Hampton, Va. was unable to cash a check made out to me by USAA insurance company based in Dallas, Tx.
    Rev Chukwuma Bob Obi.