Certegy Check Services, Incdeclined check

D Jul 15, 2019

My debit card chip was malfunctioning so I had to order a new debit card. While waiting for new card to arrive, I went shopping at FRY'S grocery store. Since i didn't have my debit card, I wrote a check for the grocery bill for $66. It was declined despite the fact that there was thousands of dollars in the account and I have NEVER bounced a check. I was given a slip from the grocery store advising me to call an 866 number for Certegy check services. When i called the number the said they didnt know why my check was declined. So I called my bank Wells Fargo incensed that my check was declined. The customer service at the back says they don't even see that any check was submitted for approval. I even got a call from Wells Fargo Executive offices saying the same thing. They have no idea why mh check was declined. My 18 year old account with them was in good standing and there were plenty of funds available. I am angry and no one seems to be able to correct the problem.

• Ac
    Ace2659r Apr 06, 2020

Went into Dillons to pickup my drugs. They told me they could not do my check. I asked why she didn't know she gave me a slip of paper told me to contact them. Well they told me they had no transaction being declined for me. I write checks in this store all the time. I had a shopping cart full of food because we aren't suppose to be out and about. I was so made I left the stuff in the store. I will get my drugs changed to somewhere else because Its a 20 minute drive over there and 20 minutes back. We are suppose to stay home per our governor but I need my drugs to live. Now I am really made because I cant find any reason why they wont take my check. I called the number they say the same thing

• Pe
    Penelope Susan Nov 10, 2019

Not sure what is going on with this company and what value they bring to anyone. I wrote a check at the grocery store for $40.68 and a code came up. I was pulled out of line and had to go to customer service. Although the store was very gracious in handling this situation, it was still embarrassing. I have written checks there for years and I have plenty of funds and never bounced a check. I called this company and spoke to three different people. They asked me for my driver's license # and my routing # of my bank. However, they wouldn't tell me why they declined my check. I asked them if this was based on a random selection and the answer was no. They said they couldn't go into my account to check funds but refused to tell me why my check was declined. They said that information was not permitted to be revealed. I never heard of this company before and I think that it is a HUGE mistake for any store to get involved with them. Customer's do not like to be harassed for no reason and in my opinion they could lose customers. I hope this check certifying company has a short future.