Having problems with CenturyLink?

+1 800 244 1111 (Headquarters)
+1 877 348 9005 (Internet Service)
+1 877 348 9007 (Phone Service)
+1 866 314 4148 (Prism TV Service)
+1 866 963 6665 (Ordering Services)
+1 800 423 8994 (Payment Specialists)
+1 877 837 5738 (Moving Services or Billing & General Customer Service)
+1 877 803 8414 (Disconnect or Cancel Services)
930 15th St. 11th Floor
Denver, Colorado

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved these people are jokes

All I can say is these people are the worse people. If you want money out of people, talking to a person they way that they do doesn’t get the money to them any earlier.. These people deserve to be put out of business... People are going thru hard times & they stress people to the limit, there is got to be a way this must be stopped, if anyone have any clues, please post, they way they talk to people should be against all rules to trying to collect money, get a clue people, get in line there is lots of people that haven’t got there money because people just don’t have it.

• Gr
    Grow Up Oct 13, 2008

You are an idiot, you need to pay your bills. You make a committment to a company when you sign up with services that you will pay for your usage. You broke that committment and now you receiving calls about it? GROW UP!

money order that I unintentionally mailed to qwest

I accidentally sent a $400.00 money order made out to First Eagle Funding to Qwest on Monday, April 14, 2008. That money order was for my car payment. I sent my money order for Qwest, for $100.00, to First Eagle Funding, which I received back from them yesterday.

I immediately called Qwest on Tuesday when I found out what happened, and between Tuesday and today, I have spoken with NINE different people at Qwest, who have ALL told me that they will go ahead and CASH my money order! That is BOGUS! The first two people that I spoke with were in Seattle, very uncooperative. They've all been uncooperative with the exception of one person I spoke with yesterday. They claim that they STILL haven't received my money order, and I find that funny since the money order reached First Eagle Funding on Tuesday. This is Thursday. I contacted the Colorado PUC, which contacted Qwest yesterday, who has 14 days to respond, but that's NOT helping me retrieve my car payment money! Any suggestions anyone????

• So
    somebody_not_dumb Aug 21, 2008

And you're mad at the company? You should be mad at yourself. As far as your car payment goes, pawn some stuff to get it paid. And take your money order stub down to the storefront where you purchased it from. They can't cash the money order, you know this, it will be mailed back to you, however I fear it will take 2 to 4 weeks because that's how the cookie crumbles. I sure hope you cashed out the money order for 100 bucks in order to pay part of your car payment. If not, I would assume you mailed it off to the company in question to make sure at least that bill is paid. Keep your car hidden, keep calling the car finance company to let them know the status at all times, pay what you can to them even if they say they only want full payment of the 400 and keep thinking positive. It was a mistake and you'll pay dearly for it with worry. But in the end the numbers will come out even, although you'll never feel totally good about it. I know it's not what you'd want to hear, but what else is there?

Dishnetwork charges!

I was a customer of Embarq residential service. I also subscribed to dishnetwork through them. The telephone...

Terrible company!

I have had Embarq services for over a year no without any problems. I always pay online using the STORED information from my bank. This month, when I paid my bill online through the Embarq page, same as always, they sent me a letter saying that I had a bad check and that now my payment was late. I called them to explain that I cannot have a bad check I pay with the same STORED information that they have had on file for the past year and that I cannot edit this information and all the other bills had gone through fine. Embarq customer service reps told me that it cannot be their fault and that I need to contact my bank. Upon calling my bank I was told that no payment had been submitted to the account so it has to be on them. I call them AGAIN and was told that it must be a data error on my part. Once again I explained that I do not enter my information each time I pay the bill because it is stored in their system, without skipping a beat they then asked me how I planned to pay for the late bill. I told them with a check, they said I am sorry we can no longer accept checks from you. When I told them I had no other way to pay the bill and that I would make a three way call with the bank to verify my bank information and that the money was available, they said no and proceeded to have the audacity to ask me to get someone else to pay my bill and if I really did have the money I could give it to them. I told them that I was not going to do that and asked to speak to a manager, which I was then told that she would tell me the same thing, I was put on hold.

I was then put on hold for almost fifteen minutes!, when I finally got to speak to a manager who was just as rude but finally told me that I could mail a check to them and offered a rebate for the late fee. Well I went to put the check in the mail and realized that I did not have an address because I could not find the bill, I always use online so I "file" a lot of bills, and I had to go through the whole argument again with another customer service rep. Instead of just giving I an address to mail the bill he insisted that I give him my account info and then told me that Embarq would not accept the payment that way and that I NEEDED to pay my bill before I could hand up the phone. Not one time did I get a sympathetic word or apology from any of these rude people! I told them they could cancel my service and that I could go to Comcast and have internet service without even having to deal with them. I no longer will have anything to do with Embarq; they are rude and have no remorse for their actions.

I finally asked for a corporate number t file a complaint and then I was given the address to mail my check. I do not deserve to be harassed a company that I hire as a consumer to do a service for me and neither does any other person so I hope that readers see the unacceptable services rendered by this company that has hired such RUDE people to deal with their customers and decides to spend their hard earned money on services from companies that respect their clients!

• Je
    Jenny R Feb 15, 2008

Hi Cherish-
    My name is Jenny R. and I work with Embarq Customer care. I noticed that you had an issue with paying your billing online. I want to apologize to you first off and would also like to help you. If you would like to email me i will be happy to pull up your account, and correct anything that is incorrect. Feel free to email anytime at [email protected]

Thanks

Jenny R
    Embarq Customer Care
    Johnson City TN

• Me
    Melanie Simms Feb 17, 2008

I agree with the above complaint-- these companies DO NOT HAVE ANY REMORSE FOR THEIR ACTIONS AT AT ALL.
    They think because they are a large corporation that the individual has absolutely NO RIGHTS WHAT SO EVER and that they can treat people in any way they see fit to do so.
    Case in point: I was making regular payments of 35.00 dollars on my local service. Then someone told me I broke a payment arrangement-- (I honestly to do ever recall this) and so just in case there was a mistake, I called another Embarq agent who told me that "no, you're just fine. You can go ahead and make that 35.00 dollar payment". And I did so. And have been doing so for the past 3 months (fortunately all checks by phone) and yesterday they advised me that my service is being shut off because they have split my bill and I now owe 95.00 dollars on my local service-- to pay or be terminated. I find this incredibly outrageous because I HAVE been making payments and their people have been accepting them for months now. THEY ARE IN THE WRONG and they are about to disrupt the service of a single mother on disability who is the care provider for her father (dad is terminally ill disabled veteran with lung cancer) and a mother who is ill as well. I need to have phone service.

• Hd
    H.D. Collins Mar 05, 2008

Embarq should be renamed Embarf to reflect their true mode of operating!

My hi speed dsl suddenly slowed to the speed of dial-up. No help from Embarf tech support. BUT just today i received an amazing offer from Embarf to increase my dsl speed for only an additional $5.00 per month. This is a damn scam attempt by Embarf. LET THEM KNOW ABOUT IT!! I have already.

• Pa
    Patrick Mullen Jun 10, 2008

I couldn't agree more-- Embarq is without a doubt a company so arrogant and incompetent in the most basic of services it is hard to believe they are still in business! I would NEVER have dealt with them under any circumstances based on my previous horrendous experience with them when they were Sprint (whose motto is "we hate the customer") but was forced with gritted teeth to get local phone service and high speed internet with them because they are the ONLY option for those of us without access to cable. I have probably spent 3 or more hours on hold with customer-no-service for various complaints ranging from standing us up 3 separate times waiting for installation that never arrived, a phone line that didn't work after 3 days, assigning us a number already assigned to a company, and now i get my bill and I am being charged for "optional" services I absolutely did not sign up for or agree to. Attempts to contact them on line were complete failures as they only have tech support despite what they SAY on their dreadful website designed by monkeys with ADHD. I only hope these kinds of customer complaint boards will finally get their attention...

• Bi
    Bion & Barbara Guthrie Aug 26, 2008

I agree completely with the complaint against Embarq. What a scam and fraud, this company are ripping off consumers, and nothing is being done to stop it.. Wake up people -- and file --file- file many more complaints, and maybe we can truly help ourselves and others . Embarq sales rep who telephones you ..believe me all he /or she says it is a complete lie.. don't fall for the pitch they give you.
    Lets get it stoppped NOW..Everyone file a complaint to Flordia Public Service Commision 1-800-342-3552

• Wa
    Wanda Harris Sep 08, 2008

Embarq is the absolute WORST so called telephone company ever!!! They make service appointments that they don't keep. Have people sitting around all day for a technician that never shows up! I can't believe they are still allowed to even operate. I hate them!!!

Resolved Bad service and unbelievable charges!

We signed up for unlisted, unpublished phone service and high-speed internet. We also chose UNLIMITED...

dishonest practices

Submit Complaint

Please review all of the information below. If any of it is incorrect, click your browser's button to change the information. Otherwise, click Submit to send your complaint to the Dispute Center.

Consumer Information
City: Denver
State/County: CO
Zip/Postal Code: 80202

Cell Phone Plan Details

We appreciate you providing as much detail as possible about your cell phone plan. We will use the data to identify the contract type and equipment type associated with the problem.
1. Date service started: December 2007
8. Place of Purchase: Don't know
9. Cell Phone Number in Dispute: [protected]

Reason for Complaint
1. Problems with my bill
Account not set up correctly , No bill received, no itemized bill received, Requested changes to plan not made as promised by customer service representative, Unfair billing policies, Rebate not as promised

2. Problems with my phone itself
Did not receive phone, or received the wrong phone

3. Problems with communication/misrepresentation
By customer service representative at 800 number or online

4. Problems making call/call quality

5. Problems with termination or cancellation of services
Problems with termination or cancellation of services, Contesting termination fees

6. Problems when carrier changed terms of agreement
Representative did not notify me that changes made to plan result in new contract

7. Problems with third party fraud

8. Problems with number portability

9. Problems with advanced services

Problems with Carrier Response to Date
1. Problems with quality of customer service
Inadequate compromise offered, Conflicting information given by different representatives, Repeated failure to rectify

2. Problems gaining access to customer service

Narrative Description
1. Please tell us about the nature of your complaint. Facts are more helpful than angry or derogatory comments. I have Comcast land line service, internet service, and TV cable service. I also use sprint as my cell phone service. I was told by one of Qwest’s service sales representatives that I could save about $100.00 per month if I switch cell phone service, cable, internet and land line phone to Qwest. It seemed like a good idea since I am on disability and we are care-givers for my wife's parents. Two hours later after talking to my in-laws, I called up Qwest accounts and checked my account status and cost. I found out not only would I not save any money, but also I would be paying overall more than $60.00 per month by switching. I told the accounts department to stop everything and not to change my service. I called Comcast cable and told them my situation and told them the lie that the Qwest sales person sold me on and they assured me they would do all they could to prevent the problem. Still, because cell phones go through a third party. It was not so easy to stop the switching of cell phone service and the porting of my cell phone lines. The sales person for Qwest told me that my equipment would be no charge as long as I kept the service for 2 years. Upon checking my credit card that I had given Qwest they had already billed me a total of $460.00. I called American Express and that charge was removed. Now I am receiving a bill from Qwest for one of the lines I had with Sprint ([protected]) which I never used with Qwest. They are now threatening me to turn the account

saibabu Mar 25, 2011

Address: 1801 California Street
    City: Denver
    State/County: CO
    Zip/Postal Code: 80202

I am not satisfied with quest services and it continuously disconnected for days.i have chat over with technicians and they could not able to fix, technician came one day and he fixed the problem again i see same issue in next day.
    finally i would like to say Quest services are not satisfactory and paid $59 with out using internet

Resolved refuses to refund money!

This is beyond absurd. It's actually become more comical than anything else. In short, I signed up with...

Resolved extremely frustrated and disappointed with the service

Qwest - www.qwest.com Complaint about Qwest and service Dear ComplaintsBoard.com, I have undergone a...

Resolved qworst - screwed customers up!

I was waiting for three years to get DSL in my outland area, it finally became available late last year. I requested their ISP DSL service.

However, I found out that after years of having no long distance service (did not want it or need it because I have cell phones) the automatically put me into their long distance service. My proof was to have them see if any long distance calls have been made and naturally none were; therefore I stated I want it off and I'm not paying for any of this mistake from day one. My next concern was my email, why wasn't I getting any service? Here is my horror story for those who are contemplating broadband access through QWest.

My modem arrived by mail, I had to install it myself --- the software kept failing --- the Ethernet connection wasn't working --- the instructions stated the letter in my package provided my UserId/Password (NOT). Qwest had to come back twice in the same day to set up the phone lines for DSL communication --- they never told the serviceman what he needed to do and the work order he had was all screwed up. How or why I have a MSN/Hotmail account and two completely different UserID's and Passwords is beyond me --- it took nearly a month to get my mail, then all I could do was receive -- a few week later, after talking to some ###s in India for about the tenth time, I gave up and started looking at the situation myself --- I discovered that re-enabling my Windows firewall allowed me to finally send email --- no thanks to QWorst. Try importing your old delimited address files or a straight copy and see how much fun you have --- I lost my connection over a week ago --- tried both automatic and manual installation --- nothing worked --- by the way if you expect to use your automatic CD installation again, go to the CD under "SupportFiles" and run RemoveQC.exe --- otherwise you will be using the manual installation forever --- also you better hope you know who the hell you're provider is and all the special little things QWorst forgot to tell you or you will be going back and starting over and over.

Finally, after 6 days a serviceman showed up and troubleshot the connections and system --- he discovered, after swapping out the DSL modem, that everything started working again --- note however if you do get a new modem, don't forget you have to reconfigure it with you're QWorst UserId/Password --- its also a good idea to do a "ipconfig /release" from the "DOS" (Command prompt), then do an "ipconfig /renew" --- this should reset you're DHCP address --- then all will hopefully be well. Oh, try and get an email complaint to these people --- it's so much fun conversing back and forth with nitwits --- I hope for Qwest's sake they drop the overseas customer support or they're will soon come a time when support won't be necessary --- people have only so much patience. We are all going the Cell-Phone route and the Ma-Bell days are fading fast. Just so you don't think I'm just an isolated, unsatisfied, and frustrated customer, I tell you I have 27 years experience in computers, mainframes, mini-mainframes --- Web, Enterprise, antivirus, and other servers --- database and systems administration and I have a degree in computer science and networking. Qwest made the wrong decision tree and the branches are breaking everywhere!

• Ru
    Rudolph A. Drautz Jun 23, 2007

In October 2006 we changed from Dial-Up internet access to the Qwest offer of DSL Bundle Package for a price of $26.99 for a lifetime. The add indicated that the service would be up to 1.5Mbps. Instead we only received 256 kbps and after repeated calls are told we just have to wait until faster service comes to our neighborhood. This is interesting as our neighbors across the street have at least 1.0 Mbps up and down as well as a neighbor about 100 yards north of us who has service even better than that.

I do not believe that Qwest is being forthright with their customers before hand and I find it hard to believe that I get a service that is 1/4 less than my neighbors yet I have to pay the same monthly fee. I repeatedly am told that they have to wait for more customers to get me and the others on a faster hub, yet Qwest cannot tell me when this will happen. Recently, I was told that I could go around and petition other neighbors who currently do not have DSL and perhaps this would speed up the process. I will not do this!

I continue to see ads on TV and in the newspaper which state that Qwest DSL provides "blazing speed", even faster than COMCAST cable. What can BBB do about this?

Rudy Drautz, a disgruntled customer of Qwest

• Ri
    rizzom Jun 18, 2011

To Whom It May Concern,

I cancelled DSL service with Qwest in February 2011. At the time that I cancelled, I was told that I would not have to return the modem because I had purchased it. This made sense to me, as I had easily paid for value of the modem several times over during the many years I was a Qwest DSL customer.

However, a couple of weeks after I cancelled my service, Qwest sent me UPS shipping labels to return the modem. I dropped off the modem at UPS on March 28, 2011. I have delivery confirmation from UPS that states that the package was delivered to Pueblo, CO April 4, 2011 at 1:34 PM and signed by DOUGLAS.

On May 13, 2011 Afni sent me a letter stating that they were a debt collector attempting to collect a debt on behalf of Qwest. When I called Afni to discuss the letter, I was told that the debt was owed for the modem mentioned above. I told Afni that I would like to dispute the debt and provided them with the UPS tracking number, which shows proof of delivery.

I received another latter from Afni May 24, 2011; which stated that Afni had verified the debt was valid, and intends to continue to pursue collection of the debt.

On May 24, 2011 I contacted Qwest customer service and talked to someone who gave me the ID KLMason. She told me that she worked in Qwest Billing, and that she could not find a record of the returned modem; and that there was nothing else she could do.

I am finding that in every detail in this matter, Qwest has shown poor customer service ability. From telling me that I would not have to return the modem, to turning the account over to a collections agency to denying that they had received the modem, despite the clear UPS paper trail from me to the Qwest facility in Colorado; it is difficult to find anything that is not disappointing about Qwest in this matter.

I have begun to pursue legal options with Afni. The federal government is very clear about what those options are. It seems that I could pay the amount requested, but I returned the modem and I believe the facts are clear in the matter. I would have no reason to lie under oath regarding such a thing, particularly because Qwest sent me shipping labels; but also because the modem is essentially worthless, not only to me, but also in the general sense the value of the device in question in year 2011. The federal government has various mechanism in place to protect honest consumers like myself from being harmed in circumstances such as this.

Regards,

Name Removed

Resolved take your business elsewhere

Qwest Communications allowed our business telephone account to be switched to another carrier without my...