Having problems with CenturyLink?

+1 800 244 1111 (Headquarters)
+1 877 348 9005 (Internet Service)
+1 877 348 9007 (Phone Service)
+1 866 314 4148 (Prism TV Service)
+1 866 963 6665 (Ordering Services)
+1 800 423 8994 (Payment Specialists)
+1 877 837 5738 (Moving Services or Billing & General Customer Service)
+1 877 803 8414 (Disconnect or Cancel Services)
930 15th St. 11th Floor
Denver, Colorado

Complaints & Reviews

dishonest practices

Submit Complaint

Please review all of the information below. If any of it is incorrect, click your browser's button to change the information. Otherwise, click Submit to send your complaint to the Dispute Center.

Consumer Information
City: Denver
State/County: CO
Zip/Postal Code: 80202

Cell Phone Plan Details

We appreciate you providing as much detail as possible about your cell phone plan. We will use the data to identify the contract type and equipment type associated with the problem.
1. Date service started: December 2007
8. Place of Purchase: Don't know
9. Cell Phone Number in Dispute: [protected]

Reason for Complaint
1. Problems with my bill
Account not set up correctly , No bill received, no itemized bill received, Requested changes to plan not made as promised by customer service representative, Unfair billing policies, Rebate not as promised

2. Problems with my phone itself
Did not receive phone, or received the wrong phone

3. Problems with communication/misrepresentation
By customer service representative at 800 number or online

4. Problems making call/call quality

5. Problems with termination or cancellation of services
Problems with termination or cancellation of services, Contesting termination fees

6. Problems when carrier changed terms of agreement
Representative did not notify me that changes made to plan result in new contract

7. Problems with third party fraud

8. Problems with number portability

9. Problems with advanced services

Problems with Carrier Response to Date
1. Problems with quality of customer service
Inadequate compromise offered, Conflicting information given by different representatives, Repeated failure to rectify

2. Problems gaining access to customer service

Narrative Description
1. Please tell us about the nature of your complaint. Facts are more helpful than angry or derogatory comments. I have Comcast land line service, internet service, and TV cable service. I also use sprint as my cell phone service. I was told by one of Qwest’s service sales representatives that I could save about $100.00 per month if I switch cell phone service, cable, internet and land line phone to Qwest. It seemed like a good idea since I am on disability and we are care-givers for my wife's parents. Two hours later after talking to my in-laws, I called up Qwest accounts and checked my account status and cost. I found out not only would I not save any money, but also I would be paying overall more than $60.00 per month by switching. I told the accounts department to stop everything and not to change my service. I called Comcast cable and told them my situation and told them the lie that the Qwest sales person sold me on and they assured me they would do all they could to prevent the problem. Still, because cell phones go through a third party. It was not so easy to stop the switching of cell phone service and the porting of my cell phone lines. The sales person for Qwest told me that my equipment would be no charge as long as I kept the service for 2 years. Upon checking my credit card that I had given Qwest they had already billed me a total of $460.00. I called American Express and that charge was removed. Now I am receiving a bill from Qwest for one of the lines I had with Sprint ([protected]) which I never used with Qwest. They are now threatening me to turn the account

saibabu Mar 25, 2011

Address: 1801 California Street
    City: Denver
    State/County: CO
    Zip/Postal Code: 80202

I am not satisfied with quest services and it continuously disconnected for days.i have chat over with technicians and they could not able to fix, technician came one day and he fixed the problem again i see same issue in next day.
    finally i would like to say Quest services are not satisfactory and paid $59 with out using internet

refuses to refund money!

This is beyond absurd. It's actually become more comical than anything else. In short, I signed up with...

[Resolved] extremely frustrated and disappointed with the service

Qwest - www.qwest.com Complaint about Qwest and service Dear ComplaintsBoard.com, I have undergone a...

qworst - screwed customers up!

I was waiting for three years to get DSL in my outland area, it finally became available late last year. I requested their ISP DSL service.

However, I found out that after years of having no long distance service (did not want it or need it because I have cell phones) the automatically put me into their long distance service. My proof was to have them see if any long distance calls have been made and naturally none were; therefore I stated I want it off and I'm not paying for any of this mistake from day one. My next concern was my email, why wasn't I getting any service? Here is my horror story for those who are contemplating broadband access through QWest.

My modem arrived by mail, I had to install it myself --- the software kept failing --- the Ethernet connection wasn't working --- the instructions stated the letter in my package provided my UserId/Password (NOT). Qwest had to come back twice in the same day to set up the phone lines for DSL communication --- they never told the serviceman what he needed to do and the work order he had was all screwed up. How or why I have a MSN/Hotmail account and two completely different UserID's and Passwords is beyond me --- it took nearly a month to get my mail, then all I could do was receive -- a few week later, after talking to some ###s in India for about the tenth time, I gave up and started looking at the situation myself --- I discovered that re-enabling my Windows firewall allowed me to finally send email --- no thanks to QWorst. Try importing your old delimited address files or a straight copy and see how much fun you have --- I lost my connection over a week ago --- tried both automatic and manual installation --- nothing worked --- by the way if you expect to use your automatic CD installation again, go to the CD under "SupportFiles" and run RemoveQC.exe --- otherwise you will be using the manual installation forever --- also you better hope you know who the hell you're provider is and all the special little things QWorst forgot to tell you or you will be going back and starting over and over.

Finally, after 6 days a serviceman showed up and troubleshot the connections and system --- he discovered, after swapping out the DSL modem, that everything started working again --- note however if you do get a new modem, don't forget you have to reconfigure it with you're QWorst UserId/Password --- its also a good idea to do a "ipconfig /release" from the "DOS" (Command prompt), then do an "ipconfig /renew" --- this should reset you're DHCP address --- then all will hopefully be well. Oh, try and get an email complaint to these people --- it's so much fun conversing back and forth with nitwits --- I hope for Qwest's sake they drop the overseas customer support or they're will soon come a time when support won't be necessary --- people have only so much patience. We are all going the Cell-Phone route and the Ma-Bell days are fading fast. Just so you don't think I'm just an isolated, unsatisfied, and frustrated customer, I tell you I have 27 years experience in computers, mainframes, mini-mainframes --- Web, Enterprise, antivirus, and other servers --- database and systems administration and I have a degree in computer science and networking. Qwest made the wrong decision tree and the branches are breaking everywhere!

• Ru
    Rudolph A. Drautz Jun 23, 2007

In October 2006 we changed from Dial-Up internet access to the Qwest offer of DSL Bundle Package for a price of $26.99 for a lifetime. The add indicated that the service would be up to 1.5Mbps. Instead we only received 256 kbps and after repeated calls are told we just have to wait until faster service comes to our neighborhood. This is interesting as our neighbors across the street have at least 1.0 Mbps up and down as well as a neighbor about 100 yards north of us who has service even better than that.

I do not believe that Qwest is being forthright with their customers before hand and I find it hard to believe that I get a service that is 1/4 less than my neighbors yet I have to pay the same monthly fee. I repeatedly am told that they have to wait for more customers to get me and the others on a faster hub, yet Qwest cannot tell me when this will happen. Recently, I was told that I could go around and petition other neighbors who currently do not have DSL and perhaps this would speed up the process. I will not do this!

I continue to see ads on TV and in the newspaper which state that Qwest DSL provides "blazing speed", even faster than COMCAST cable. What can BBB do about this?

Rudy Drautz, a disgruntled customer of Qwest

• Ri
    rizzom Jun 18, 2011

To Whom It May Concern,

I cancelled DSL service with Qwest in February 2011. At the time that I cancelled, I was told that I would not have to return the modem because I had purchased it. This made sense to me, as I had easily paid for value of the modem several times over during the many years I was a Qwest DSL customer.

However, a couple of weeks after I cancelled my service, Qwest sent me UPS shipping labels to return the modem. I dropped off the modem at UPS on March 28, 2011. I have delivery confirmation from UPS that states that the package was delivered to Pueblo, CO April 4, 2011 at 1:34 PM and signed by DOUGLAS.

On May 13, 2011 Afni sent me a letter stating that they were a debt collector attempting to collect a debt on behalf of Qwest. When I called Afni to discuss the letter, I was told that the debt was owed for the modem mentioned above. I told Afni that I would like to dispute the debt and provided them with the UPS tracking number, which shows proof of delivery.

I received another latter from Afni May 24, 2011; which stated that Afni had verified the debt was valid, and intends to continue to pursue collection of the debt.

On May 24, 2011 I contacted Qwest customer service and talked to someone who gave me the ID KLMason. She told me that she worked in Qwest Billing, and that she could not find a record of the returned modem; and that there was nothing else she could do.

I am finding that in every detail in this matter, Qwest has shown poor customer service ability. From telling me that I would not have to return the modem, to turning the account over to a collections agency to denying that they had received the modem, despite the clear UPS paper trail from me to the Qwest facility in Colorado; it is difficult to find anything that is not disappointing about Qwest in this matter.

I have begun to pursue legal options with Afni. The federal government is very clear about what those options are. It seems that I could pay the amount requested, but I returned the modem and I believe the facts are clear in the matter. I would have no reason to lie under oath regarding such a thing, particularly because Qwest sent me shipping labels; but also because the modem is essentially worthless, not only to me, but also in the general sense the value of the device in question in year 2011. The federal government has various mechanism in place to protect honest consumers like myself from being harmed in circumstances such as this.

Regards,

Name Removed

take your business elsewhere

Qwest Communications allowed our business telephone account to be switched to another carrier without my...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices