United States - 80202
Please review all of the information below. If any of it is incorrect, click your browser's button to change the information. Otherwise, click Submit to send your complaint to the Dispute Center.
First Name: Larry
Middle Name: P
Last Name: Orth
Address: 7008 9th Ave SE
Zip/Postal Code: 98503
Country: UNITED STATES
Daytime Phone: [protected]
Parent: Qwest Communications
Name: Qwest Communications - Main Center
Address: 1801 California Street
Zip/Postal Code: 80202
Cell Phone Plan Details
We appreciate you providing as much detail as possible about your cell phone plan. We will use the data to identify the contract type and equipment type associated with the problem.
1. Date service started: December 2007
2. Contract Length: Month-to-Month
3. Plan Name: qwest cellular
4. Basic Plan Minutes/Month: 800
5. Monthly Price of Plan: $80.00
6. Handset Make: Other
7. Handset Model: never received any
8. Place of Purchase: Don't know
9. Cell Phone Number in Dispute: [protected]
Reason for Complaint
1. Problems with my bill
Account not set up correctly , No bill received, no itemized bill received, Requested changes to plan not made as promised by customer service representative, Unfair billing policies, Rebate not as promised
2. Problems with my phone itself
Did not receive phone, or received the wrong phone
3. Problems with communication/misrepresentation
By customer service representative at 800 number or online
4. Problems making call/call quality
5. Problems with termination or cancellation of services
Problems with termination or cancellation of services, Contesting termination fees
6. Problems when carrier changed terms of agreement
Representative did not notify me that changes made to plan result in new contract
7. Problems with third party fraud
8. Problems with number portability
9. Problems with advanced services
Problems with Carrier Response to Date
1. Problems with quality of customer service
Inadequate compromise offered, Conflicting information given by different representatives, Repeated failure to rectify
2. Problems gaining access to customer service
1. Please tell us about the nature of your complaint. Facts are more helpful than angry or derogatory comments. I have Comcast land line service, internet service, and TV cable service. I also use sprint as my cell phone service. I was told by one of Qwest’s service sales representatives that I could save about $100.00 per month if I switch cell phone service, cable, internet and land line phone to Qwest. It seemed like a good idea since I am on disability and we are care-givers for my wife's parents. Two hours later after talking to my in-laws, I called up Qwest accounts and checked my account status and cost. I found out not only would I not save any money, but also I would be paying overall more than $60.00 per month by switching. I told the accounts department to stop everything and not to change my service. I called Comcast cable and told them my situation and told them the lie that the Qwest sales person sold me on and they assured me they would do all they could to prevent the problem. Still, because cell phones go through a third party. It was not so easy to stop the switching of cell phone service and the porting of my cell phone lines. The sales person for Qwest told me that my equipment would be no charge as long as I kept the service for 2 years. Upon checking my credit card that I had given Qwest they had already billed me a total of $460.00. I called American Express and that charge was removed. Now I am receiving a bill from Qwest for one of the lines I had with Sprint ([protected]) which I never used with Qwest. They are now threatening me to turn the account
This is beyond absurd. It's actually become more comical than anything else. In short, I signed up with...
Qwest - www.qwest.com Complaint about Qwest and service Dear ComplaintsBoard.com, I have undergone a...
I was waiting for three years to get DSL in my outland area, it finally became available late last year. I requested their ISP DSL service.
However, I found out that after years of having no long distance service (did not want it or need it because I have cell phones) the automatically put me into their long distance service. My proof was to have them see if any long distance calls have been made and naturally none were; therefore I stated I want it off and I'm not paying for any of this mistake from day one. My next concern was my email, why wasn't I getting any service? Here is my horror story for those who are contemplating broadband access through QWest.
My modem arrived by mail, I had to install it myself --- the software kept failing --- the Ethernet connection wasn't working --- the instructions stated the letter in my package provided my UserId/Password (NOT). Qwest had to come back twice in the same day to set up the phone lines for DSL communication --- they never told the serviceman what he needed to do and the work order he had was all screwed up. How or why I have a MSN/Hotmail account and two completely different UserID's and Passwords is beyond me --- it took nearly a month to get my mail, then all I could do was receive -- a few week later, after talking to some ###s in India for about the tenth time, I gave up and started looking at the situation myself --- I discovered that re-enabling my Windows firewall allowed me to finally send email --- no thanks to QWorst. Try importing your old delimited address files or a straight copy and see how much fun you have --- I lost my connection over a week ago --- tried both automatic and manual installation --- nothing worked --- by the way if you expect to use your automatic CD installation again, go to the CD under "SupportFiles" and run RemoveQC.exe --- otherwise you will be using the manual installation forever --- also you better hope you know who the hell you're provider is and all the special little things QWorst forgot to tell you or you will be going back and starting over and over.
Finally, after 6 days a serviceman showed up and troubleshot the connections and system --- he discovered, after swapping out the DSL modem, that everything started working again --- note however if you do get a new modem, don't forget you have to reconfigure it with you're QWorst UserId/Password --- its also a good idea to do a "ipconfig /release" from the "DOS" (Command prompt), then do an "ipconfig /renew" --- this should reset you're DHCP address --- then all will hopefully be well. Oh, try and get an email complaint to these people --- it's so much fun conversing back and forth with nitwits --- I hope for Qwest's sake they drop the overseas customer support or they're will soon come a time when support won't be necessary --- people have only so much patience. We are all going the Cell-Phone route and the Ma-Bell days are fading fast. Just so you don't think I'm just an isolated, unsatisfied, and frustrated customer, I tell you I have 27 years experience in computers, mainframes, mini-mainframes --- Web, Enterprise, antivirus, and other servers --- database and systems administration and I have a degree in computer science and networking. Qwest made the wrong decision tree and the branches are breaking everywhere!
Qwest Communications allowed our business telephone account to be switched to another carrier without my...