Global Crossing Local ServicesFraud

T

We keep recieving phone calls from a fake company that says they are with the federal government with info on federal grant money. You can tell by the back ground noise that it is telemarketing all the voices sound like indian nationallity. Something needs to be done

• Je
    Jenny Feb 04, 2009

To add to further concern regarding this company, I have just contacted T-mobile regarding this company and their repeated phone calls. It just so happens that my husband was receiving the same calls on his phone. The odd thing about that... when they called my husband's line they were able to use the the a dedicated ringtone making my husband believe I was calling him. How is that possible? Still looking for an answer. The suggested resolution is to change both of our phone numbers and get new sims cards. Something doesn't feel right at all about this company. Clue me in if you find out.

Marie Lewis May 29, 2009

F.Y.I. Company is also operating under the name of SFI. They are saying that they are a State Financal Investagate company!!!

They get your information -- How! and call family members as well telling them they are subject to an investagation.

One name given is Scott Brown (360) 205-0092, and Marshall Walker (888)378-7575. This company is also known as Global Crossing Local Service, Inc - located in Belfair, WA

• At
    atilley Jun 08, 2009

I KEEP GETTING PHONE CALLS AT WORK AND I WORK FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ASKING FOR ME. THE PERSON CALLING IDENTIFIES HIMSELF AS MIKE JOHNSON. I DO NOT KNOW THESE PEOPLE AND THEREFORE WON'T TAKE THEIR PHONE CALLS, THEY THEN CALL MY CELLPHONE. THEY ARE INDIAN NATIONALITY AND YES YOU CAN TELL IT'S TELEMARKETING. WHO ARE THESE PEOLPLE? WHEN SOMEONE IN OUR OFFICE HAS ASKED FOR THE NAME OF THEIR COMPANY, THEY HANG UP. I GUESS I
    WILL HAVE TO CHANGE MY CELL PHONE NUMBER, BUT THAT DOESN'T HELP WITH WORK.

janedickand harry Jul 16, 2009

I have received numberous calls from 303, 410, 202 area codes, and I know that they must be telemarketers, I would like T-Mobile to stop this. My dad who lives in Florida, has repeated calls on his land line (needs this for his cable) I have told me to stop answering the land line, and that we call him on his cell. Yes he also has T-Mobil.

• Af
    Aff Oct 07, 2009

I just got called by them and they told me my credit card number! which means they have it! I have no idea how the got it. Im calling the bank to tell them to give me a new credit card but this is getting crazy.
    They also had my address and my name.

• Af
    Aff Oct 07, 2009

the number I got called from is 303.955.1620

• Mr
    Mr bill 5825 Nov 08, 2009

New number is 323-204-6619. BEWARE some folks will mess up your credit line, clone your phone. They called me on 11-7-09 at least five times in the evening. I did not answer one. I called back with credit card from land line and was told by the operator or "canned" message they did not have their mailbox set up.

Looks a little shakey to me.

• Sh
    Sheila- Ohio Nov 23, 2009

I have received a call from Global Crossing Local Services, Inc. and the only reason I know this is them, is because I typed in the telephone number in the google search, left by the person, which I could barely make out, due to the heavy Indian accent, and this is what pulled up. I can barely make out what he is saying to me, except for someone wants to sue my name and to call back and he would tell me why. The number shows up on my phone as 000-000-0000. BEWARE!!! Don't call them back if you receive calls from them. They have over a few hundred phone numbers listed with the above service. I just tried to go back to that website and this is what popped up; Over Quota
    This application is temporarily over its serving quota. Please try again later. BEWARE!!!

• La
    laura in milwaukee Nov 24, 2009

I continue to receive SPAM texts from this company and have replied STOP multiple times. I submitted a complaint to the FCC as well. The number is different each time, the latest coming from: 917-330-3310

Laura G.
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin

• Ra
    RAJEEVNISCHAL Dec 27, 2009

I too have been getting SMS from various phones including (917) 330 3310 with following text message

"Extra cash is on the way! Apply online and get up to $1500 Visit www.GETCASH100.com (--2end reply STOP--)

Anyway to file complaint against the GETCASH100.com site as they are apparentlysponsoring this unsolicited SMS.

• He
    henry winkler Jan 09, 2010

you idiots golbal crossing handles google voice numbers
    they are a hosting company

just got my new google voice account and when i ran the phone number through whocalled.us its global crossings

the people your looking for aren't global crossing

also these phone calls have to do somehow with you putting your phone number on a list
    did you put your number into a web page somewhere...fall for one of those tv ads "just text IMNOOB to 31337" to recieve tons of spam on your mobil device

dont call em back and dont visit their sites your encouraging them

education is your weapon learn how to use it
    -max

• He
    heythere123 Jan 22, 2010

Yes well I have received a call from these people as well but I immeadiately ran it through google and found this website! Great thing I did, I didn't answer the first time they called but might have the second time had I not ran it through google! I thought it looked mighty suspicious so didnt answer! I dont know who they are or what they want but it is obvious they are desperate as I have received two more calls while typing this comment!! Oh and it is 11:00 pm so they obviously have no respect for different time zones and how late that it could or could not be!! BEWARE!!! LOL!! They are truely idiots!!

• Xo
    xo_tati Feb 24, 2010

my mom is getting threatening phone calls from these people too . they say they are from global crossing and their number is .(303) 558- 9796. they called my mom repeatedly and she called her lawyer and then she got another call today and she told them that yes she knows they are fake and they told her she will be arrested in a couple of minutes . so she decided to call the global crossing main source and they gave her the provider of this number its from inphonix . Indian nationality.(866)349-7338.

• Ps
    Psycho1 Feb 28, 2010

408-689-9676 is another number connected to Global Crossing. It's a fax machine though. They are running a scam on eBay and various vehicle/boat websites with fake emails on eBay's behalf and even a spoof eBay website. They try to get you to wire money to them for a deposit on the vehicle but the merchandise does not exist.

• Do
    Doll0422 May 29, 2010

I just received a phone message from Ryan Cruz who said he is in the crime unit and that my name will be put on a blacklist and that they are sending the police to pick me up and arrest me. He called from 916-395-0000 but left a message to call him back at 323-928-4377 which only show it is from Cal. Does anyone know anyone I can call about this?? Please help

• Ug
    ugh1 Jun 29, 2010

these people are crazy, isn't there anything the law or FBI, internet security or anyone can do about these people, I read on another site where some guy lost 5700 dollars thinking he was buying a boat and he never received it, how sad

• Ba
    Babz E Jul 02, 2010

I just recvd a phone call from a Justine Smith w/an Indian accent also stating for me tcb or my Lawyer. I checked my caller ID the call came from 05-258-6773, but left the following # tcb 713-481-5091. I *[star] 67 the # the call would not go thru. Well I too Googled it and found this. Thanks to all for the postings. I was not going tcb w/my # anyway, for I've no legal issues and was not scared at all. I've recvd emails also stating the same legal concerns. Is there any legal procedures for reporting this type of activity?????

sapperbdc Jul 07, 2010

I recieved a call from an gentleman of indian descent saying that I will be arrested tommorrow if I didnt call them back. Im not the type of person to stereotype a group of people but from my experience if dont know anyone with an Indian accent your best bet is to disreguard the call because its probably a scam. They are calling from a voip phone. I believe this allows them to have a California area code but they dont have to be in that state or even this country to make calls with this number.4087019789. Your best option is to mess with them. Be creative.

• Am
    amearc Jul 19, 2010

I also received a call this morning from this company. When I did a *69, the number read back to me was 866-526-7795. At the beginning of the phone call it says that the call will be recorded for training purposes. The person spoke with an Indian accent and asked for me. I told them I was not in and he said he would try back. When I did a reverse toll free look up, the name coming up was "Global Crossing". Tried to call the 866 number back and it didn't go through, the line went dead. Thanks for the insight into this company and now I know how to handle them in the future.

• De
    Deb1458 Sep 08, 2017

@amearc The number I keep getting calls from is 267-932-0009. It is also Global Crossing. I don't answer calls that I don't recognize the number and they never leave a message or call back number, so hopefully I'm safe for now.

• Rm
    rm101 Jul 20, 2010

i just got a call from a jennifer from this number 401-701-9789. then i called back no one answers, then a jimmy santana calls back saying that i owe them money, i told him that he has everything wrong and i dont owe him nothing, how i knew they are fraud is when he told me that i need to shut up and listen to what he has to say, and that i need to pay back $756 dollars to him today or else he will be sending people to my job. i told him that he is a fraud his whole company ois fraud and he calls one more time federal people will be on his job site, then he hung up.. people who is having this same issue, dont borrow money over the internet that is how they are getting the information, ,

• tdickensheets Aug 18, 2010

It cost too much! They need something for people on SSI/ SSD. For $100. The low pne they have is $500. that low income people can't afford.

• 57
    570642 Oct 06, 2010

I can not understand why the FBI doesnt stop them. I tracked the number and service providers very easy. I also received calls from them with threats of wanting money.
    Giving info to FBI and Local Police to track the owners of the phone number. I too can play the game with them if they tell me it is legal. I am sick of the bull [censor] crimes people are getting away with while the hard working class people have to pay the bill for it. Fight back and harrass the [censor] our of them as much as you can.
    It wouldnt surpise me one bit that the Crossing Company is the Master Mind and owner of the scam. We shall see.

• Mr
    Mrs. ReallyPissed Dec 09, 2010

Just got a call from them today.. saying that they are a 3rd person debt collector.. and that I owe money and they are attempting to collect a debt..I asked them to give me the card name and acct number, they couldn't.. I then asked them for the name of the lawerys they are working for, all they said it was some lawyers from PA.. They couldn't give me the name, but said they would get back to me, with the name of the card and the acct #. I then said that I haven't had any cc in over 3 years..
    They flew off the handle, screaming and saying they will be contactin my employer to tell them they have a felon working for them, that they will get me fired with in the hour, and will have federal agents outside to arrest me.. I got scared and call the BBB of PA, and Federal Trade Commission to make a complaint...
    Yes they are all from Indian decent with very heavy accents, and the one guy that I was talking to, who called me pscho was named Mark Johnson... Yeah.. right .. he was as Indian as the day is long and I don't know of any Indians with a name like Mark Johnson.. Thier number is 610-717-0267.. PA based # I think... People, please don't fall for these scam artist.. and please call your local State Consumer Protection Agency, The Federal Trade Commission and BBB of the state your in to cover your own butt!!!
    Do not disclose any info.. if they are legit, they should already have all that information!!!.. Please FBI!! Please help!! I would hate to learn that an elderly person got scammed from these people from their life savings.. or someone else who is gullible and not so educated to fall for the same...

• Da
    DavidWillis2011 Jan 11, 2011

These assmonkeys have been calling me 24 hrs/day. I swear to God if I find them they will be belching up their kneecaps and pooping earlobes.

• Je
    Jenny Bklyn Jan 26, 2011

I keep getting calls from a guy named Andy and a guy named Robert. They state that I applied for a loan online and that the company named cash net transferred the funds into my account (they knew who I bank with. This is scary). They state that an EFT was returned unpaid and that the company asked them to take criminal actions against me and that if I don't settle now that they were going to tell the police to come to my home the next morning. I knew right away this was a scam because I know I did not take a loan from a cash net and second he would not give me any details and stated that he was not calling from a collection agency that this was a legal matter. So why was he asking me to settle out of court by paying them today. I told him he should then call the police and have them come to my house because I was not giving him a dime. You can tell that they are telemarketers. They are of Indian / West Indian nationality. Something should be done about this.

the real Animal Apr 07, 2011

ok, relax, and i'll show you what to do... here's what you should do... next time they call, hang up, and hit *57... this puts a tag, or time stamp behind the offending callers number... call the police, NON-EMERGENCY number, in your area, and report the harrassing phone call... the authorities will take care of the rest...

• Jt
    J.Trimble Apr 11, 2011

Their latest # is 360-350-6011 out of Olympia WA so if you see that # come across, ignore it...

• 87
    87843OK May 23, 2011

I too have received a call from 626-209-2241 but on my my caller ID box it registered under Portfolio Recovery. I then researched this number to see what state is 626 area code and what phone company granted it. My research revealed it is by GLOBAL CROSSING LOCAL SERVICES, INC.-CA. And Portfolio Recovery, however, is a debt collector who specialize in very old debt.

thuerta3709 May 25, 2011

I am also recieving calls froms these dumb ###...Although the name I get is James Anderson, with a heavy Indian Accent. They have my Social Security Number...Telling me if I do not pay, I am going to be arrested, that I am being sued by the state of Washington. I asked which department in the state is suing me, he didn't say anything. The number I have 814-343-8963, from Global Crossing, out of Smithville, MO. I have already reported them the BB, obviously that doens't work. I am fed up, and now that they have my SS #, address, date of birth, this really sucks. I want this to stop, it has been going on for several months...

• Rj
    rjr162 Jun 16, 2011

To the last poster.. 814 is a central/north west PA area code... in fact I live in the 814 area code. Not sure where the 343 local exchange is though.

• Rj
    rjr162 Jun 16, 2011

Actually I just checked... philipsburg pa.. less than 30 minutes from me lol. I bet they just picked a random phone # from Google voice

• Cw
    CWILKES00 Jul 02, 2011

I JUST GOT A CALL FROM A WILLIE WILLIAMS AT PHONE NUMBER 347-342-1768. SAYING I AM A REFERENCE ON AN ACCOUNT A FRIEND MADE UP AND THAT THEY OWE MONEY. THEY HAVE ALSO SAID THEY ARE PART OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY AND WILL BE TAKING ME TO COURT FOR THIS! THEY ARE ALL INDIANS, EVERY SINGLE ONE I TALK TO! WHAT THE HELL! WHO CAN WE CONTACT IN ORDER TO GET THIS TO STOP? I YELLED AT THEM AND TOLD THEM TO STOP CALLING ME. THAT THEY ARE HARASSING ME! SO WE WILL SEE!

Chris987 Jul 15, 2011

Just got my second call today from (303) 974-1822 and they've asked for my adult daughter each time. I didn't give them any info and when I asked to take a message they just said it was a "courtesy call". After the second call I decided to do a Bing search for the number and got this site. Thanks for the info, I'll be sure my daughter doesn't speak to them and report the incident.

the66fury Jul 29, 2011

i have been getting the same phone calls from these people because of my girlfriend, and she didnt even take a loas from them. the number i have been getting is a 425 458 1395 number which is a washington (belleview i belive) number.. only they told me i was going to get followed by a black car... with me they took it one step farther..

maddmom Feb 13, 2012

Like everyone I have gotten a call from these India people I think they call your house don't say anything to hack your phone they have more than one number, I have even gotten a package from them Global Crossing looking for a job at home, I take care of my disabled husband, they have been calling from different number's so I don't answer the phone anymore, I have changed my number twice, an I have turned them in to the FBI they have a website where you can turn them in an give any information, I have emails, an a check I hope they catch them IC3 Complaint I would like to beat the breaks of them.

• Of
    offred Apr 23, 2012

We got a call from these people tonight at a 317-286-1487 number in Indiana. The phone rang four times before we could get to it, and when my husband did answer it, there was no one there. I googled this number and it gave me the Global Crossing information, and I found this listening. We will not continue to answer any calls from this "company" and will report them to the attorney general's office if this keeps up.

• Sc
    sc65sc Jun 26, 2012

I have received numerous calls about 2-3 each hour and they never leave a message. i never answer numbers I do not know so I googled the number it was coming from (916)265-1687 and this global crossing came up. I started reading the comments and complaints and I will not be answering these calls for sure now knowing all of this information. Not sure how they got my number but I guess I will be going back on the nocall.org list again.

• Ra
    Racherach Jul 20, 2012

Just tell them you have an arsenal of guns and that they should come on over to watch the fireworks. It is sad that folks from foreign countries are too L-A-Z-Y to work on their English speaking, reading and writing skills so that they can get an honest job and not work for scam artists.

• Go
    gonzoguy Jul 26, 2012

I block numbers on my cell phone, but first research who they are and where they are calling from. Global Crossing Local Services is calling my phone from 412-282-1423. The names associated with this landline are: Wendy, Jody, Cheryl Lenhart. The address is: 109 Coverdale Rd., Butler, Pa., 16001 There are allegedly 6 adults and 1 child living at this address. For the person who says they have their credit card information compromised you should contact the organization that covers fraud in the state of Pa. to see if the people operating at the above address are con artists, stealing personal identifications. Possibly the FBI. I am not sure.

• Cc
    ccrew10 Oct 01, 2012

Recieved a call at work from a 216-453-0260, which turns out to be this company, being a debt collection company (and a bad one at that). They were calling about money I owe (which, honestly I do), and saying that they work for the government, but they wouldn't tell me to whom I owe it. I know the balance is for my T-Mobile bill, but they won't even tell me that, saying it's a security issue. Then, when I said I'm not paying anything if I don't know who I owe, they went on a tangent about how the FBI is right outside my work waiting to throw me in prison for life if I don't pay this balance. I asked them if they knew how many FDCPA laws they just broke and they hung up. Report these guys to the FTC, not FCC and file FDCPA complaints with them. Hint: I'm a debt collector and know exactly what to do when these kinds of "collectors" break the law and give us a bad name.