Cell Cfraudulent contract using my cell number which is currently on vodacom

C

Good afternoon, I have just received an sms from a number [protected] at 14.11 Saturday 2 July 2016, quoting:-

“OTP ………. (I have not put in the number for protection purposes). Your Cell C contract is almost approved. Please call 084 151 option 1 if you did not apply.”

I immediately contacted this number at 2.05 Saturday 2 July 2016 and spoke to Shamin Suleman who was unable to help me and did not know anything about the sms. She told me to phone [protected] which I did immediately and I spoke to Gerald who also told me there was nothing he could do to help and that I should call 084 145 on Monday morning as they were closed at the moment. He gave me a reference [protected] for the call made to him. I find that this is absolutely unsatisfactory as clearly somebody is trying to open a contract fraudulently with my cell phone number. I am a Vodacom customer and have always been and will always be. Please investigate urgently and revert to me.
Kind regards
Caryn Foddering
cell: [protected]
email: [protected]@fodderings.co.za

• Nd
    Ndiwe Nt Feb 12, 2019

Im also on Vodacom, and recieved the same message.. I hope Cell C team investigate and stop this scam..