Cebu Pacific Airunapproved airline fees

B Aug 13, 2018

I booked flights today on Cebu Pacific (MNL-BCD) and I was unexpectedly charged for a meal, insurance, and seat selection -- none of which I chose . I saw these charges when I received an e-mailed confirmation of my booking. I immediately called the customer service line, but the agent refused to refund these fees. She also refused to at least change the assigned selections despite the fact that the booking was made less than 12 hours ago

I was charged a seat selection fee -- and it said that I booked a middle seat in the back of the plane. I am flying with an infant in my lap, so I certainly would not have selected and paid extra for a middle seat in the back of the plane. In addition, it said that I selected a chicken sandwich -- I am vegetarian so I would not have made this selection. In addition to that, the flight is at 4am and is only 1 hour in duration -- not a time during which I would request a meal.

I am requesting either a refund of the charges for insurance, seat selection, and meal selection OR that the meal and seat selection that was defaulted in the system be changed to something that I would have picked (e.g. NOT a meat sandwich, and an aisle seat towards the front that would easily allow me to handle my infant son in my lap).