Having problems with CDI College?

CDI College reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 21, 2009. The latest review Not resolving my issue was posted on Jun 11, 2021. The latest complaint Lost information due to insufficient storage that caused damage to exam test results was resolved on Apr 09, 2021. CDI College has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 27 reviews. CDI College has resolved 11 complaints.

CDI College Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 889 1712 (Customer Service)
+1 800 690 3144 (Campuses)
Suite 710-626 West Pender St.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada - V6B1V9

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CDI College Customer Service. Initial CDI College complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CDI College above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CDI College. Discuss the issues you have had with CDI College and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CDI College Complaints & Reviews

CDI CollegeNot resolving my issue

Hello,
I have a complaint regarding my course. The college stoped my course due to a pending fee, as of now its been one month since I have paid my full tuition fee but they are still not starting my course nor responding to my Emails appropriately. The teacher of my is also behaving rude to me for no reason at all. I don't know what the college administration is up-to but please resolve my issue as soon aa possible. My student Id is [protected].

Not resolving my issue

• CDI College's response · Jun 15, 2021

Hi Abhijit, you should have received communication yesterday regarding your return date. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

• Updated by Abhijit Singh · Jun 15, 2021

Thank you very much for resolving my issue I have got an appropriate response from the team.

Comments

CDI CollegeTuition

I started the online Accounting & Payroll Administration program through CDI College Edmonton on September 27, 2020. When I signed up for this course, I was under the imression that the online aspect would make the program more flexible and fit my lifestyle of working and maintaining a household. This program was so time restricted and did not leave much time for study during normal daily life. Majority of the program was self taught. The instructors were absolutely useless especially the one teaching the main accounting course. I paid $19, 184.00 including $1203 for ONLINE TEXTBOOKS for a program that I had to teach myself. Regardless of whether I passed or not, this cost is absolutely and disgustingly ridiculous. I've attempted many times since the start of the program to contact someone about getting at least a partial refund and have not seen any resolution. I wouldn't recommend this college to my worst enemy.

CDI CollegeWithdraw and refund

I started my Education Assistant online program with CDI College on June 7 2021. I realized two days into my program that CDI College was not the right fit for me. I have sent numerous e-mails, voicemails, and I have called Student Services more than 25 times. You have 7 days to withdraw to receive a full refund. Now we are on day 5 with ZERO response from them. It is like they are trying to wait to response in order to keep my money.

Everyone always called me back or emailed me when I expressed interest in enrolling. Now it is a ghost town! I just want my student loan back so I can enroll with a college that fits me better. Please help

May 05, 2021

CDI College — Misrepresentation

To Whom it May Concern, I applied to attend remotely with the CDI Edmonton West and was accepted as a...

CDI CollegeLost information due to insufficient storage that caused damage to exam test results

I had requested my information to forego future education and was told that I would have to redo my exam because after my request the school has determined that the storage was in the basement and all was damaged and no electronic reference was available.
        I'm curious to why electronic data of module marks were kept but the exam marks were no stored.
        I paid a lot of money and am still currently paying the payments and would like some clarifications on the way I could get a reference of my 93% final test that they have seemed to lose.
        It's not questionable if I has finalised the exam because a close family friend was also in the class that session and is familiar with the whole process and program.
        I've tried to have this brought to the attention of someone who can provide me with help but it's just a reciprocal of negative response.
        This so called reporting tutorial has no way been available since 2004.

• CDI College's response · Apr 12, 2021

Hi Amanda - We can’t find your profile in our student database but would like to connect so we can help resolve any issues you have had. Can you connect directly with us at [email protected]?

CDI CollegeCDI submitted me to Collections without any attempt to contact me after I withdrew from the program when my husband died

I was enrolled in the Legal Assistant program in Oct 2018 and being funded by my band (reservation) In March of 2019, my husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer and died in August 2019. At that time, I withdrew from the program. There was an amount of $1000 owing and no one notified me of this. I was not contacted, emailed or anything, instead some [censored] submitted my file to third party collections first.
          I then enrolled BACK into school under a different program and am being funded once again by my band. From my understanding, this should not have happened. Someone seriously SCREWED UP and this has caused a lot of undue stress because of STUPIDITY!!
          I've contacted CDI and they are all scratching their heads, telling me to pay the amount owing.
          I refuse to as this was handled poorly. I've insisted that I will NO be paying a collection agency as if someone would have contacted me, AS THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO, none of this crap would have happened.
          very POOR when comes to being professional. This person needs to be fired! Who screws up someone's credit in such a malicious way??

• CDI College's response · Apr 12, 2021

Hi Shannon - we’re sorry to hear about your experience. We would be happy to discuss your experience – we will have someone reach out directly, or you can send us an email at [email protected]

CDI CollegeProgram quality and withdrawing

The Dental Assisting program was so poorly run (online) during the pandemic. They had ample time to sort it out. The in class portion was mediocre with a lot of back and forth and definite lack of communication between staff and students. I realized the program was not for me less then two months in and was told they would be keeping 50% of my tuition totalling over $10, 000. I've asked for them to send me a breakdown of my attendance on multiple occasions and never received a response. Wishing I hired a lawyer to read the contracts before signing them!

• CDI College's response · Apr 12, 2021

Hi - We can’t find your profile in our student database but would like to connect so we can help resolve any issues you have had. Can you connect directly with us at [email protected]?

• Updated by R M13 · May 31, 2021

I was contacted shortly after this complaint and then ignored once again. I have reached out several times with no response.

CDI CollegeNot replying to emails!

It's been a while i'm writing emails to cdi college montréal campus regarding my fees refund and I don't know why they are not replying me! They're wasting my time and only I know the value of it! Ircc is playing with the mental health of the students by not providing them the value information which they need and now it seems that cdi college is following their footsteps too!

• CDI College's response · Mar 01, 2021

Please follow up with the ministry or your agent regarding any outstanding approvals.

• CDI College's response · Mar 01, 2021

CDI CollegeCollege is asking for more money when they are not keeping there end of contract

CDI College in Calgary asking for more money and holding my diploma I can not go to university because of that and they are asking for more money after I had to finish school at home because of covid. they said that I will have an agent that will find me a job but she did nothing and did not even get me one job interview.

teacher leave school and they put someone that barely speak English she was teaching what she learns in India and not in Canada.

they give us not qualified staff members and they put in in a practicum not related in my work field.

I got suspended from school because of having a miscarriage.

this was a scam.

• CDI College's response · Mar 01, 2021

Hi Jade - We can’t find your profile in our student database but would like to connect so we can help resolve any issues you have had. Can you connect directly with us at [email protected]?

• Ca
                    Carmela Reid Mar 28, 2021

How convenient that they cannot seem to find anyone’s profiles or names in their database! Pffft right!

Joshua Alexander Caney Feb 22, 2021

please cantact this email. [email protected]

Their is a potential class action lawsuit if their is enough people to join.

You may be entitled to some sort of restitution for your trouble. Pass it on too others in the same boat as you with CDI.

• Ca
                    Carmela Reid Mar 28, 2021

@Joshua Alexander Caney I’ve emailed you. This is long over due. They are crap and the government is misleading people by allowing them loans to attend this crap school!

CDI CollegeAccounting and payroll diploma total experience

Given conflicting information when signing up.
                  Pushed into siging up quickly to the point she wasnt even going to give me a day to think about it or allow me to speak to my partner before deciding.
                  Paid for books we didnt use, were told were outdated and no longer have access to.
                  Tutor gave incorrect information, refused to answer questions, didnt teach at all or help. I realize it was a self study course but I was told upon signing up that she would help teach us and guide us through and she did nothing.
                  I received an email giving me 2 weeks to find a practicum placement and if I couldnt then they would find one for me. I then found out only 2 weeks before the start that I was supposed to be finding my own placement which left me with nowhere I was told we would be helped and supported through that process and was not. I was told as long as I did 20 hours a week I could learn on my own time to then find out we had to be signed in every day. When I tried to address my concerns in the beginning I was either told "this is exactly like attending school" or "this is nothing like attending school" depending on which answer suited my education being the way it was based on each part of my complaint. The practicum replacement project was a joke. It was a generalized project broken down for grading that didnt even make sense for a paper. No one gave us assistance to even tell us if we were going in the right direction. When I did finally get help I was told i could have more role players and less points per player as it was impossible to accomodate the break down they required. I was then deducted marks for not having 5 role players and 5 points per player, after they told me as along as I had 25 totaling was fine. I received the same mark as a fellow student who showed me her paper as we were teamed up rather than have someone at the college help us and yet my paper had relevance, no repetition and met the criteria i had been allowed. Not exactly fair.
                  My grandmother died and I had to fly to england for her funeral and was not even allowed to take off one day to fly there. I made arrangements to ensure I could study while there but they refused to allow me the day I flew out which was a very busy very tight day. I then found out later that one of my fellow students took a whole week off for a migraine.
                  Many of us were told we would be able to challenge the exam to become CAs and this is actually not true, you need a full degree not a diploma. I expressed to the counselor I was signing up with that taxes were my main interest and was advised I would be able to process personal and small business taxes with this diploma and that part of the course was so short and basic I can actually do neither.
                  The payroll portion of this course was an absolute joke. We were specifically told not to use our books, our learning would be all research and yet with zero background knowledge how are we even supposed to know of the information we are finding is correct?
                  We never went through assignments or anything to see where we went wrong so we never knew what we got right or what we got wrong.
                  Assignments and exams were pulled from multiple sources but not formatted the same. It literally looked like someone physically cut one or 2 questions from multiple exams and pasted them together. Questions would go 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 42. They made no sense. And then when marking these the tutor couldnt figure this out and docked us marks because she couldnt figure it out. That's not our fault your exams dont make sense.
                  To ensure this didnt happen again we had to copy questions from the book by typing them across because the pdfs would not allow to copy and paste without reformatting everything all weird and wonky. This takes extra time out of learning to do this.

• CDI College's response · Mar 04, 2021

Hi Kirsty - we’re sorry to hear that you felt this way about your experience. We always strive for 100% satisfaction and continue to look for ways that we can improve. We would be happy to discuss your experience and have someone reach out directly, or you can send us an email at [email protected]

Dec 04, 2020

CDI College — Service

I was a student at Reeves College which is part of CDI College. I took the Legal Assistant Program. They...

Jan 15, 2020

CDI College — Accused in cheating and plagiarism

Hi, I am a student travel and tourism course. on January 10, 2020 was an exam on my table I placed just...

Edmonton

CDI CollegeDont go to cdi college burnaby

Cdi is the biggest scaam they should be sued. Teachers dont know anything they are so racist and never helped me with my pracicum after grad. They set me up for failure and Im getting money pulled ouf of my account every month.
                    The cdi college burnaby all the teachers and people that work there are usiing students to pitch in money for their gambelling addictions.
                    Once I finished school I contacted cdi they said they will get back at me in a couple of days I swear to you they never did. I tried calling over 10 times and they told me the practicum coordinater dont work there anymore . How could you do this to your student I almost suicide because of you guys was in the hospital because I had no job and I owed you guys money from student loans. I almost died because cdi college didnt help me get a job after grad and refused to conact me back left me out dry took all my money and put me in debt .I coudlve been dead!!!

Jun 12, 2019

CDI College, Edmonton — Staff and service

Good morning, this email is meant to be received by head office. Im currently enrolled in one of your...

Feb 20, 2019

CDI College — Information about their paralegal technology program turned into a signing session to get enrolled

On February 18, 2019, I was looking into schools who offered a paralegal technology program and came acro...

CDI College — Wrong information was given

Hi this is Saba. I want to file the complaint against college CDI. I took the admission in Montreal CDI...

Edmonton

CDI College — cdi / vcc is a scam and a shame to our educational system

I wanted to be an ECE, but the college adviser I got told me it doesn't pay enough. Then, I was assigned a...

Surrey

CDI College — General

CDI College's advisors and recruitment team is extremely persuasive and deceiving, me among hundreds of...

Calgary

CDI South Campus Edmonton — Verbal abuse

Hello, my name is Victoria, I am currently enrolled at CDI college campus south. I am an Oil and Ga...

CDI College — Psychological abuse

In the conclusion of my recent complaint about the service I had from CDI College during the year and half...