Menu
CDI College company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

81 complaints
29 resolved 52 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by CDI College customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of CDI College. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
11:20 am EDT

CDI College - Misinformation of financial assistance/course all based on bc law

My name is Courtney Cyrenne and I am a student in the Legal Administrative Assistant program with CDI College. As a mom of 3, I only signed up for this program because my financial rep showed I would be receiving $49,000 in student loans (enough for living for the year). Now that I’m in the program and have contacted student loans, I find out I’m only receiving $29,000 ($16,000) is towards my course. I cannot live on $13,000. Next, I am located in Saskatchewan and my course only covers British Columbia law. My instructor told us if we are in a different province, we will have to research ourselves. If I knew this ahead of time, I NEVER would have signed up for this. I would have researched it on my own FOR FREE. I am absolutely sick to my stomach thinking about having to pay all of this money back for something that is not even going to help me become a successful legal assistant in Saskatchewan.

Desired outcome: I would like to drop this course and not be responsible for the money owing.

6:20 am EDT

CDI College - Fee refund

Hi My Name is Chirag Attri Chirag Attri (D.O.B.: 20/01/2002)

Student Number: 635-292800. I paid a total sum of 14,992.50$ to CDI College on June 22, 2021. I Got a Refusal on August 11, 2021, and on September 29, 2021, For the Last 1 Year, I am Waiting For My refund. I Applied 4 times for My fee Refund but no a proper response from the Team

Desired outcome: I Want to My Fee Refund of 14,992.50$ from CDI College Please contact me at - [email protected]

M
1:56 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Manilyn Dacuro and I enrolled in CDI Collège back in August 2021 taking the Network and Internet Security Specialist. It was explained to me that classes will be online and other details which I agreed and signed the contract. So I met with my teacher online but it was only on the first day of my class more like to introduce ourselves but didn’t...

1:30 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I enrolled in the above noted online program in March of 2021. I completed less than three months of a 9 month course. During that time period, there were constant IT issues, barely any instruction and no teacher at all for two weeks (at one point I was using YouTube and Google to attempt to complete assignments). Numerous attempts at contacting everyone...

A
7:41 pm EDT

CDI College - Financial, administration, communications

If nothing can be done for me and my experience I would love to join the law suit that is getting put together.

I'm currently enrolled in accounting and payroll administration in Ontario online and my 40 week course has been extended out of my control because the college did not have the program setup for our NPI courses to be available. They only send out emails and phone calls to request payment and attendance warnings, but don't respond for follow up for your concerns. Each course in the program is 2-4 weeks and we have never had access 1st day or few days of each course, given excuses like they are still looking for an instructor, how is that the students problem theses should be setup start of the course or they should be reaching out to the students why must we constantly be reaching out for them to give us access we paid for books so far its all online books outdated.

Instructor tell you to do or focus on parts of the course but then you recieve emails saying you need to do all the tasks that are time marked so they don't communicate with the so called expert instructors and some will even tell you if you have concerns to email someone else, I must have been though so many people in cdi and they still have not changed or gotten better sadly I feel I have already passed the point of no return only having 3 courses left taking 8 weeks but who knows when I can finish I have received nothing from the school. I would like to get partial refund for the trouble, overall bad experience and the delay in my graduation of my studies. Not to mention I received my tax form after April 30th tax dead line.

Desired outcome: I would like to get partial refund for the trouble, overall bad experience and the delay in my graduation of my studies. Not to mention I received my tax form after April 30th tax dead line.

J
10:25 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I started CDI college in April of 2021 from the start it was a joke I paid 22 grand to take the addiction support worker... for a price of 2200 books you don't actually get a book in your hand you get the books from the computer... I finished my online training in March then it was time for my practicum for 300 hrs that you yourself have to basically find...

L
12:18 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am currently cybersecurity student and I should have achieved my course on May 6th 2022. I should but, because of facts I am not responsible about, precisely decisions made by CDI College with no explanation and without providing any legal basis, my course has been postponed twice, to May 13th then to May 20th. My practicum, scheduled to end on May...

T
9:33 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

- not accredited to any meaningful association, only to private colleges’ association, as such my diploma isn’t with much - training was sorely lacking. I discovered this when I started working with other private college social work service students. - training is shoddy at best. This is 100% NOT the fault of the instructors. They could only work with...

J
1:31 pm EDT

CDI College - Refund cheque

I was studying in Cdi college in 2019-20 paid 26000 dollar I was about to complete it but in last semester I went back India and I told college I want refund ,months later I got email from Cdi college my cheque is ready you can pick it . For some reason I was out of country. Now I am back and nobody replies my email or call . It’s been 2 months I am calling every week and the say front desk say no body answer we called them not even email …. It’s been 2 months 635087317 Jaideep singh

M
12:46 am EDT

CDI College - Refund

I had applied for my visa in December and got rejected for my course starting in January so mailed the college regarding the visa rejection and fees refund as I want to apply for different college and filling for visa again but the college is not responding or acknowledging any of my email since the first mail of refund in December, it has been almost 5 months and I am still waiting for my refund and paying high interest on the loan which i had taken to pay my college fees. Have tried calling them no one answer the issue if its related to refund. If this continues then i will surely take the legal steps against the college as its policy states that refund should be directed not more than 3 months.

Desired outcome: Get refund as soon as possible as it has taken more time than it should have taken

4:44 pm EDT

CDI College - Legal Admin Diploma

I supposedly passed all my units and should have received my diploma ( even though I have little to no working knowledge due to not getting a practicum and their horrible curriculum and instructors) however CDI is refusing to actually give me the diploma. They have sent a debt of unpaid book fees worth approx 400 dollars to collection agency. I refuse to pay the remaining fees for books I still have that we did not even use, are from 2003 and for the Province of Ontario. This school has ruined my life and forced me to having suicidal thoughts everyday.

Desired outcome: To atleast receive the useless diploma

K
6:24 pm EDT

CDI College - Ripping off students

I am extremally upset and so done with this school. They rip off their students like no tomorrow. It is impossible to get a hold of anyone from CDI or get a correct response from anyone. They constantly lie to their students in order to get them to enroll in their college then rip off every single one of us. Once a few of us students graduate we will be taking this into bigger hands to get this school to not rip off anymore students. A complete bullshit of a program, incredibly un organized and lack of care for their students. Only thing on their mind is getting money, then threating students that if they do not pay their account will be suspended. I am nearly done and am pushing my way through this complete disaster of a school. Un fair and illegally unacceptable how they treat their students.

Desired outcome: I despise this school, and an apology does jack shit. not a thank you for your consideration as it won't even matter.

G
11:10 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I contacted CDI College in the fall of 2020 for information on their Social Media Specialist Certificate, and although I did ask the right questions to their student counselor such as “do I need a marketing degree of some kind to take this certification?”, their reply was “you don’t need to know marketing to take this certification” which was an absolute...

K
8:59 am EDT

CDI College - Not getting proper education during my RMT course

I attended the 2019 to 2021 RMT program I was only in for a few months before covid hit and we went online for a hands on program we spent majority of our course online which made it very difficult to learn hands on while only doing lectures over zoom. I did not receive clinical we did not get proper exams since we could not go into the school. I did not receive what I paid for and do not want to pay the tuition as I ended up leaving as did over 20 students in that class. It became so overwhelming as we did not get class time like the previous programs. I should not pay for an education that I did not properly receive and covid was an uncontrollable circumstance.

Desired outcome: I do not want to be responsible for the tuition as I did not receive what I paid for.

A
5:02 am EDT

CDI College - Fee refund issue

I applied for fee refund to cdi college, montreal (canada) in october 2021 but still waiting & I sent multiple reminders to the college for refunding my fee niether any of my emails is responded nor they are releasing my refund.

I am so disappointed by the such irresponsible attitute of a reputed college of a great country like canada.

I recommend to the future aspirants wiling to study in canada. Please stay away from applying to private colleges especialy cdi college.

G
3:56 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When I first found out about CDI by Google. I was excited as it was fully online and didn’t know anything about them o I started googling and researching what courses they had. I found Community Youth Service worker which was I was very interested in. I inquired and got a call back threw there website from an admission man who was very persistent to me to...

L
2:11 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I jave been waiting since Nov for my refund. I have been told to email acsw they told me to email the finance department the finance department gave me a woman's name to email I got no reply then I was given Jason's name then he told me that my refund was on its way I emailed him and he denied emailing me and says he doesn't work in that department and told...

T
11:13 am EDT

CDI College - Pharmacy Assistance course

I joined the CDI College on November 2021. As for the admission it is really quick and Admin will provide their own cell phone to contact and they have time at any time of day to reach out but once you are taking the course they really doesn't care about students. The course outline they have provided is unaccrued, they will send you to different locations where they are convenience for even as online students. And every Instructors are confuse and they have no idea regarding ebooks or how to teach. One Instructor speaking there own language in class with there students from her country which is not ethical as a Instructor. Instructor use the youtube and google for students to do research, Not using the Book which is for course. They are just wasting the time and money of students for their own job and to run college. Not for the future of students or publics. Because on the test or exams, Students are able to use there phone for exchange answers or cheating. They use social media thru pass there exams so, what is reason for going to college? Just to get degree and certificate to get the job without any knowledge on there fields. Especially who is in medical field.

Desired outcome: Please refund my money or please make sure we as students get quality education and respect for time and money.

S
2:57 pm EDT

CDI College - Worst college that I have worked in.

This is the worst college I have worked in. They are so disorganized. Their education is not up to the mark. And, their management treat teachers as if they are their servants and they are sweet to you when they want favours from you but they are disrespectful to their employees. Students should not join this college. It is very disorganized and the education is very poor.

F
7:33 pm EST

CDI College - on line courses

I was under the impression I was going to get some funds to help with my living expenses,I quit this bubblegum course,i got no help and now I owe the government over 10 grand,The school wants even more money,I barely did 5 weeks,i did not get a practimum This course in a normal school is 10 grand they want 32 grand!I am going to the media with my story regarding the CDI Campus...the reason being is that so many students are being taken advantage of when they want to further there education and make a life for themselves..Why are they using etransfer?They are crooked.

Desired outcome: I want them to return the money to the government not ruin my life

CDI College contacts