[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines — first cruise experience
My family and I recently went on our first cruise on October 6-13 2019 on the beautiful Carnival Glory. The staff was as accommodating as they could but advised us to get in touch with Carnival after we debarked. There was construction going on on several of the life boats under our balcony Room 6308 and the wires under our booth in the Golden Restaurant shorted out causing a burning plastic smell.
My father, his wife, my husband, and myself were unable to relax or stay in our balcony room 6308 at all from the hours of 7AM - 7PM because there was the use of an air chisel on steel under our feel. We could feel it vibrate everything underneath us and it was so loud we could not hear each other speak. We were highly disappointed because this was all of our first cruise and we thought we were paying for a relaxing time. Instead we received several headaches.
In addition to construction, Tuesday October 8 we ate dinner around 7:30PM at the Golden Restaurant and started smelling burning plastic. My father and his wife started feeling heat radiating from the bottom and back of the booth. My fathers house burned down with him inside of it a couple years ago and now has PTSD. He was unable to sleep for 2 days after smelling a burning smell again.
My Family and I would like to continue cruising with Carnival in the future and really look forward to becoming platinum members one day. We would just like to make Carnival aware of our experience and disappointments for our first cruise and would like some sort of reimbursement.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response · Oct 18, 2019
Thank you for posting your concerns.
I’m very sorry to hear of your experience and I’d like to extend my sincere apologies for the situations you’ve described.
So that we can further assist you, we invite you to contact our Guest Care Department directly by dialing toll-free [protected], or locally at [protected], extension 70530. Our team members will gladly review each of these matters in further detail. Please note the department’s hours of operation, which are: Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM and on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.
We look forward to speaking with you.
Guest Care Executive, Office of the President
Carnival Cruise Line
3655 NE 87th Ave
Miami, FL 33178
More Carnival Cruise Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Carnival Cruise Lines - purchase jewelry through approved store 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - unhealthy air 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - terrible experience 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - fraud and cheating 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Line - hell experience from cruise - on board crime 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - carnival sensation - january 7 to 12 2017 - caribbean cruise 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - deposit and booking
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - overpaying for gratuities and changing the itinerary
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - the ship sunshine
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - Loss of earned free interior room offer and loss of 35 percent off offer