[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines4 day western caribbean cruise

K Aug 03, 2018

Hi,
On July 9th, 2018 I was supposed I traveled from New York to Florida, Port of Miami, looking forward to sailing on Carnival Victory. The booking number is 2TZC76. Because my flight was delayed, I called Carnival to let them know that we were in transit, but delayed approxiametly 1hr. At which time I learned that the insurance which I requested at the time of booking was never honored.PS Having arrived at the Port we were told we were not going to be able to board, Since the gate was already closed. I was accompanied by my son a 10 yrs old and told with no remorse or sympathy there is nothing we can do to help you. We were left stranded at the port with one to call and no assistance. The ship remained at the port while we begged and pleaded for another 20 minutes, which I felt that carnival representatives and staff should have made some attempt to help us in some way.Instead the closed the door and left us standing in the middle of nowhere in 100 degree temperature.
I have sailed with Carnival several times and was applaud at the treatment we received that day.I have made several phone call since the to seek some form of retribution, in the form of a credit or another opportunity to reuse the funds of $1100.00 for the cost of the package. The travel agent suggested that I file this complaint on line to see if there is anyway you can help me with this misfotune.

Would you kindly look into this case ! My email is [protected]@gmail.com
Ph. [protected]
Ms.Kimberly Todd

• Resolution Statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response · Aug 08, 2018

Dear Kimberly,

We are sorry to hear you and Nathaniel where unable to sail aboard the Carnival Victory due to flight delays. We are incredibly sorry to hear that your experience once you arrived at the pier was less than adequate and fell short of your expectations, rest assured that this will be shared with that department for their review of what occurred.

We appreciate you contacting us to provide an update of your late arrival however please note that all ships are under a strict schedule and the boarding times are printed on the boarding passes. The latest boarding time for all ships leaving from the port of Miami is 3:30 PM.

According to the information from the pier your arrival time was 3:58 PM at that point the ship had already been cleared and the gangway had already been removed therefore no further boarding is allowed.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused however no refund no compensation will be processed. It is for this reason that we strongly encourage guests to purchase our Vacation Protection Plan to protect them from these kinds of potential losses. Although not all claims are payable it does carry a clause of cancel for any reason which offer guest a 75% future cruise credit of the penalty assessed.

Sincerely,