CarMax — scam and cheating
My firm has represented consumers in a number of cases where CarMax has sold them vehicles that were previouly wrecked and had significant concealed accident damage.
CarMax maintains lobby displays in many of their Florida stores where they a have clean, full sized vehicle with a sticker on the windshield stating REJECT. Next to the car is a large billboard stating 'we would never sell you this vehicle because it used to look like this' 'only the best cars make our lot' and there is a large picture showing the vehicle in a wrecked condition. The conclusion that most people seem to draw is that CarMax does not sell wrecked vehicles.
CarMax then provides a 125 point inspection that further cements that they make a rigerous inspection to determine if there is accident damage on a vehicle.
Most consumers are shocked to learn that not only does CarMax sell wrecked vehicles that have been repaired or repainted but that CarMax actually purchases wrecked vehicles and repairs and repaints them for resale on its lot.
It goes without saying that wrecked vehicles have a lower resale value and often develop problems down the road. Such practices are contrary to Florida's Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act and Federal legislation. If you have purchased such a vehicle do not hesitate to seek legal advice.
More CarMax Complaints & Reviews
- CarMax - be well prepared to enter a nightmare world!
- CarMax - they underpay salesmen
- CarMax - some facts about carmax
- CarMax - it's a den of #s
- CarMax - hold title after vehicle paid off
- CarMax - they need to be reported
- CarMax - don't trust them
- Carmax Auto Superstores Inc. - sells junk
- www.carmax.com - they didn't return my deposit
- CarMax - state inspection