Menu

CarMax review: Purchase of 2016 honda hrv 06/29/2022

C
Author of the complaint
11:21 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 06/29/2022 I purchased a 2016 Honda HRV EX from Lancaster Carmaxx. I purchased this car online so the first opportunity I had to look at the vehicle was this date of purchase. The car was inspected the day of purchase. The first thing that I noticed was that the vehicle had white buff marks all over the headlight assembly and the sides of the vehicle which there is damage to the headlight assembly. And a tear on the dash in the leather. When I got into the vehicle from the dealership within my first 10 miles my low pressure light gauge came on. I turned around and went back to the dealership to report this and they filled the tires with air and sent me on my way. When I got home I did a full inspection on the vehicle. The rear breaks and calipers were worn down so bad you could not even see them. They were so bad that I could hear them squeaking. I knew then that this vehicle had had an inspection sticker slapped on it. I popped the hood. None of my fluids were capped off as then I knew the cut corners with this vehicle. I returned the vehicle on 07/18/22 as that was the earliest I could get the car in. They agreed to replace the front two tires and replace the break pads and the calipers. They are refusing to fix the headlight assembly due to it not being anything wrong with them. The issue here is that it is obvious that state inspection was not conducted properly and I believe there is deception in their dealings with consumers. How did that vehicle pass inspection. I spoke to the service department today 07/21/2022 and was told that they are not going to fix the headlights. I am furious. I was also told that I should have just bought a new car. If they are not willing to correct the issues I am returning the car. Investigations need to be done at Carmaxx of Lancaster's Inspection process.

Update by Cambridge15
Jul 21, 2022 11:25 am EDT

I wanted to also mention that every other day until 07/18/2022 the tire kept loosing air and had to put air in the tires every other day.

Two days after writing my review about Carmaxx and my experience, the Sales Manager called me from that Location. They buffed out the wax on my head light assembly, fixing the gash in my dash, giving me another oil change, a tire spoke cap and are re-doing the state inspection on my vehicle. Very ethical, would you not agree? But why. As much as I appreciate them making this right, I still do not recommend purchasing anything from Carmaxx UNLESS you know your cars. Thank you Carmaxx for being Ethical.

More CarMax complaints & reviews

CarMax - they underpay salesmen
CarMax - some facts about carmax
CarMax - scam and cheating
CarMax - it's a den of #s
CarMax - they need to be reported
0 comments