Capital One Credit Cardsacct suspended for suspected & fraud & within 30 mins of activating card

My capital one master card acct was suspended for suspected "fraud" within 30 mins of activating my card!!! Stay away from capital one credit card offers!!! When I recieved the card, I opened the card and called the # on the red label at the top of the mastercard. When I was connected with the capital one rep, who didn't speak a word of english, she sounded like a vampire!!! As I tried to activate my m/c, I to had to try and listen to their scam offers of protection, credit report crap, ect. As i, as well respectfully declined the offers, she continued to press their offers and would not let me off the phone!!! Just to get off the phone with this idiot, I did accept their offer for the protection. Finally, I was told that my card was activated. I then go straight to kroger to get gas and the the transaction was approved. Great!!! Then I went to make another purchase and it was declined??? I called the # on the back of the card to find out why??? Again, I got someone else that did not speak english and did not have a clue about what the hell was going on. I was then placed on hold for 20 mins and then just transferred with out even being told, to another cap one employee and was asked to verify all my info again, which I respectfully did. The rep never told me who he was or what his position was nor what dept I was transfered to. I had to request this information! And he then proceeds to ask me how he can assist me, knowing dawm well what the hell was going on!!! And had to tell the same story over word for word. His reply was "someone was out using my m/c making fraudulenty charges". Blown away by being told this information, I replied to him "this is impossible due to the fact that I had just activated the card and had the card in my possession and had indeed made the transaction myself". I was then told I had to fax in copies of utility bills, paycheck stubs and drivers license to prove my identity and then my m/c would be unblocled in 4 business days."(my issue is this!) ' why the hell did they ("approve ") the card (" mail ") it to me, (" activate ") it and ("then allow me to use it ") then block it and not request this information in their application before they approve it"?!?!?!?!?!?!) this is by far, "the most utterly, absurd and extremely unreasonable" bunch of bull crap I have ever had to deal with in my entire life. On every single one of their adds it states "capital one no hassle". Well, i'm sad to say that they if you deal with them they will be one big hassle!!! What it boils down to me "not agreeing" to purchase the insurance, monthly credit report, and fraud protection scams by placing those charges on my card and leave me no available credit!!! People listen!!! This is a group of crooks, not a professional credit card company at all! They are rude and their customer service sucks!!! And I am and will pass this around to everyone I know and don't know... Stay away from capital one credit card offers and thier banking institutions period! They are not worth your time!!!

• Bs
    bsutton Mar 03, 2011

They absolutley refuse to let me pay off the balance and cancel the card. How can I cancel the card if they can not verify my identity?

• Po
    pobarjenkins Mar 03, 2011

My suggestion then would be to pay off your balance and cancel the card.

• Bs
    bsutton Mar 03, 2011

The first purchase was under $30.00 and it was approved? And I'm sorry thats not a large purchase. The second purchase was for $16.72 and declined? Niether purchases were done over the internet. I dont feel that I'm being over- dramatic nor obnoxious. I don't understand why they need this information to prove my identity as well? I've just been told so many different things by many different capital one reps, and I have done everything they have asked me to do, And still no answers to my questions?

• Yl
    YLB Mar 03, 2011

I don't understand why your second purchase was declined unless it was in hundreds and hundreds of dollars over the internet. Usually, a very vigilant credit card company will flag a big purchase done over the internet.

I don't understand why they need copies of your utility bills, paycheck stubs and driver's license to prove your identity.

Don't buy any of those "extras protections" and learn to ward off any offers from any credit card company.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Mar 03, 2011

Many companies flag the first large purchase as fraud or something similar. You are being over-dramatic, and typing in all caps in obnoxious.