Menu

Capital One  -  postpone wire transfer for no reason

C
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to capital one bank houston stadium branch yesterday to wire transfer my money, and the transaction actually confirmed and done when I was there, but some hours later I received call from the bank and they asked me to come back to the branch office, otherwise they would hold the money until I come. I told them that money was for urgent use and should be released immediately, I would go to their office once I could find time back there. The manager there oral committed me that they would wire transfer that money within today business hour. But the money so far still hold...

If I could not go back to their office within 1 year, should they hold the money for 1 year?! If they made mistake and missed the document for signature, why they did not send the missed document to clients and ask the postman bring back the signed document back? why client's time and urgent wire transfer should be wasted by their bad service and fault operation?

More Capital One complaints & reviews

Capital One - terrible experience
Capital One - harassing calls
Capital One - false winner of a shoppers sweepstakes
1 comments
R
May 26, 2011 2:15 pm

I have experience no end of trouble with Capital One and receiving mony transfers - I ahve an international cleint who send money to me from the same account using the same details on a monthly basis... last month they sent two transfers on the same day using the same details ... the smaller amount of around $450 cleared no problem but the larger amount of $4000 never reached my account... over 30 days later! Yes over 1 month later I still hadnt received the money and it hadnt been returned to my client either - in fact it took 43 days for it to get returned to my client with no explanation. And that was with constant hounding to my bank and my cleints bank to get it back - what if we hadnt done that - would they have just kept the money and kept quiet? Well my client resent the money last week and guess what - 7 days later - still no sign... I will be closing my account as soon as the money reappears and would recommend that everyone who relies on international money wires gets some kind of back up plan.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

732 complaints