Canada Postfraud

I was to received 2 pieces of luggage sent to me from China. Canadapost claims they delivered the item to me when a signature was required and they did not obtain anything. I want to know what kind of frauds they have employed at the mississauga postal facilty that would have the audacity to steal from innocent customers. Pat Foran needs to do an investigation into this because it not right. I don't live in mississauga, I live in Etobicoke: see below. Well they messed with the wrong person I intend to either a) get my parcel in excellent condition or b) a full refund from Canadapost.
Tracking Number

EE609601383CN

Please note that this is the most up-to-date information available in our system. Our telephone agents have access to the same information presented here.

Track Status
Product Type: International Inbound Courier

Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2011/06/02 10:04 MISSISSAUGA Item successfully delivered

Some items may be delayed if held by customs for additional inspection. Canada Post has no information on specific items awaiting customs inspection. Once an item clears customs, it is handed over to Canada Post for delivery. Delivery time depends on the product and the distance to its destination.
Track History
Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2011/06/02 10:04 MISSISSAUGA Item successfully delivered
08:37 MISSISSAUGA Item out for delivery
05:22 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at local delivery facility
05:20 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
04:22 MISSISSAUGA Item processed at postal facility
2011/06/01 10:27 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility
08:31 VANCOUVER Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
08:26 VANCOUVER International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
2011/05/26 21:56 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada
17:11 International item mailed in origin country

Shipping Options and Features for this Item

Signature Required

• He
    Heintzman Apr 21, 2012

Same thing here. Since I have moved to this new address about 8 months ago Canada Post has been messing up my deliveries more than 80% of the time. The most common thing is for them to not even attempt to deliver and just leave a card for me to go pick it up at the post office. I know they don't attempt to deliver because I track the package and when it says "Item out for delivery" I stay home and wait for it. Then last thing I know is that the status of the package changes for "Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up". The thing is that I live in a building and they need to use the intercom in the lobby to be let in and since this intercom call my cellphone even if I was not at home I would know that they came. Let say somebody did let them in building and they come to my door and knock, my apartment is big like my hand so it's not like I won't hear them. But that is when they actually leave a card because half the time the status change and when I go check they didn't even leave a card.
    The thing with this that annoys me is that I pay for this delivery service to my home and I'm not getting it.
    The latest instance of this is that this time they didn't attempt delivering and I was at home at usual waiting for this package but the status has changed for "Item successfully delivered". Now the real fun begin because they didn't deliver, they didn't attempt, no card to pick it up, no empty promises of a card, nothing. From Canada Post point of view they have completed the transaction. So when I called they told me that "I" have to contact the sender and have them initiate the trace back and they told them it would take two weeks!!!
    Seriously what will they do during those two weeks? This package was tracked until it was given to one of Canada Post employee one morning for delivery and that employee didn't feel like delivering it I suppose and tossed it somewhere, kept it, gave it to whom ever on the way and simply changed the status to "Item successfully delivered" and that's it. So what will they do for the next two weeks? Interrogate that employee to have him admit to the crappy job he has been doing with pretty much all my deliveries? I would love to be the one doing the interrogation but he probably won't even be asked a question about this and even if he was... then what? Those guys are in Unions and pretty much untouchable so I'm pretty sure nothing will come out of this other than the fact that the item is now missing.
    What's left for me? Collect the silly $100 insurance that doesn't cover for the value of the package? Yes you might say I should have taken the full value in insurance alright I'll take that but before I moved here Canada Post never messed up any of my delivery. So is this the new racket for Canada Post? To have employee mess up enough deliveries so that people start buying those insurance and this way Canada Post has a new steady stream of revenue for basically doing what I already paid to have them do?
    The only learning for me is that any vendors that offer other options than Canada Post for delivery I will select the other option even if it cost a little more, at least I'll get my package.

• Ia
    iamdissatisfied Jun 07, 2011

Canada Post is really a sad example of a functional business. First, I had a package that according to them they delivered and showed someone had even signed for it unfortunately the signature is not mine. I tried to get the package to no avail so I tried the Ombudsman that is a laugh they did not do anything they passed the buck back to the post office. It is like playing football. Passing the ball back and forth except with the post office and the Ombudsman there is no result at least in football someone scores.
    Now I had a package that they tried to deliver, they stated I was not at home where I actually was, and that they left a notice card except there isn’t one. So I called the Post Office outlet they do not have the package back, so I called the main Post Office no answer voicemail claiming to many calls unable to answer they suggest I call back. After three hrs of trying I called the complaint office they stated that their computer is down I should call later maybe then they can help. I guess I will not be holding my breath. So now, this is my second package that has gone up in smoke. I would really like to know who is keeping all these packages that never make it to their rightful owners.