Menu
Canada Post
reviews & complaints

Canada Post
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1003 complaints
66 resolved 937 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Canada Post. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
3:55 pm EDT

Canada Post - moneygram service

I used Moneygram for their claimed 'fast service'. However when I tried to recover my money at one of their partners (Canada Post) I was told that is Canada Post policy to deliver ONLY cheques (regarding the amount).

I talked to a moneygram representative, (even with a manger) and I was told they can't do anything about. So with this cheque I have to go at a bank and cash it. Then I asking myself: where is the fast service?
On their page Moneygram advertise - quote - "You can send and receive money in Canada via our cash to cash service by using any of our local agents around the world.
The name of the manager is Paramjeet in Canada Post, Central City, Surrey. I also tried SHOPPERS DRUG MART-CANADA POST
8962 152 st, surrey, BC.

I would call this false advertising

B
Aug 11, 2015 4:32 pm EDT

Same thing happened to me in Banff Alberta while on holiday. Post office told me that they did not have funds to cover MoneyGram so they issued a cheque instead. Told me I could cash it at any bank. Went to three banks and was told I had to have an account there so couldn't get it cashed. I had to wait until I got back from vacation and cashed it at my bank. The information on Canada Post website should have a disclaimer about cashing limitations.

6:05 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I sent my son to put an envelope in the box, instead he made the mistake by putting it into the out going mail. It was a white envelope containing 250$ with the name antoinette. I called canada post right away and informed them about my situation. They said no worries give it a few days and it will show up in our lost mail department, well 6 months later...

G
10:56 am EDT

Canada Post - pissed

Canada POST redirected my mail back to sender, i have lived here for 5 months and no mail i went to the head office and they told me they sent everything back because i do not have a mail box well thanks for the inconvenience i have been waiting on way to much to be told they redirected my mail back to sender, i think this is outrageous i am not happy and i wish to see a new company who can do business properly, they were so rude in the main office aswell no respect, took an hour to figure this out while i wait for the depressing news something better change because I have no mail and have to deal with the worst people in the world THANKS CANADA POST FOR SCREWING ME AROUND I VOTE FOR NEW COMPANY TO TAKE OVER

Mar 18, 2014 4:05 pm EDT

I actually have a mailbox, but the snowplow wont clean in front of it because im in a curve in the road.. Might as well abolish mail delivery, not worth the vexation. Go electronic.

S
4:40 am EDT

Canada Post - non delivery of parcel

An item / parcel was sent from india (tracking no rk060331472in) on 28 sep 2012, to mr simili. V. Deepak in halifax, ns, canada, even as on date the item has not been delivered to him at his address, the tracking information provided on the canada post web site, is incorrect and unhelpful, I am unable to launch a complaint on their web site. I have already launched a complaint with our india post at bangalore, the item has reached halifax ns (this is confirmed by canada post) , hence it is the responsibility of canada post to deliver the item to simili. V. Deepak. He is a student at dal univ, and the item is a pair of prescription / spectacles, you will appreciate the importance of such an item for a student.

Kindly expedite and have the item delivered

I, s. V. Venkatesh, is the sender of the item from bangalore, india.

My e—mail : [protected]@yahoo.Co.In

3 comments
B
Jul 22, 2015 11:06 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Canada Post is not delivering parcels to our apartment building. Usually you get an 'attempted delivery' notice even though you've been at home waiting. Lately they don't even leave a notice and you only know your package was delivered if you use their tracking service or you get a reminder notice. After complaining, I was told that CP is only responsible to deliver to the front door of a building not to your front door. We are supposed to go down to the lobby and pick up our parcel. Since they don't ring your apartment I guess I should sit in the lobby all day until I see the driver? CP has horrible customer service but you can be like that when you have a monopoly. I am disabled and the nearest post office is too far away for me to walk to and even if I did drive, there is no place to park. I am switching to FedEx for deliveries from now on.

T
Jul 22, 2015 1:16 pm EDT

"I am switching to FedEx for deliveries from now on."

But these are parcels being sent to you?

Apr 30, 2013 9:01 am EDT

If Hello Peter were a reputable consumer rights campaigner as they claim to be they would check the veracity of the complaint with the supplier before they publish the complaint which ranks high on search engines and has a negative effect on the supplier, or at the very least offer the supplier the opportunity to respond for free.

5:27 pm EST

Canada Post - cursing and defacing mail

Walkway wasn't shoveled until the evening after work - delivery man was swearing outside our home - my spouse heard him. She wasn't able to do the shoveling due to a heart condition. Got home today to have please shovel walkway written across one of my t4 tax documents.

Completely unacceptable.

Hide full review

Canada Post - lied about attempted delivery...

The mail delivery person does NOT buzz people when parcels are being delivered as he claims to do. He just leaves an "attempted delivery" slip that states no one was home... this has happened several times no less (and since I was tracking this latest order, I was actually waiting for him. It had stated "out for delivery" when I checked the status of the delivery earlier that day, and yes, I was actually home - I saw him drive away (too late to catch him...). I watched the status of the delivery on the computer screen change to attempted delivery - no one was home!
I put in a complaint several months ago for the very same thing... no one ever got back to me like Canada Post promised they would (and even though I'm pretty sure it's happened several times since, I tried to give Canada Post the benefit of the doubt thinking I had somehow possibly missed them - even though it wasn't likely)!
I don't actually imagine anything will done (anymore than with the last complaint). I doubt Canada Post sees any connection to their corporation losing money and the poor business they provide. It really doesn't surprise me why people don't use the mail service like they used to... I surely don't (unless I don't have any other option at the time)!

10:09 am EST

Canada Post - hostile letter carrier

I wrote a complaint email to Canada Post about irregular mail delivery.
The "supervisor" for the area ended up giving the letter carrier my name and address and that I had filed a complaint against him. When I picked up a package from the lobby the following day he was very confrontational by asking me "Are you the one who complained?" I felt threatened.

Now I have parcels being sent back to vendors because no notices of delivery attempts were made!

Z
3:24 pm EST

Canada Post - delivery notice instead of delivered parcel

I was working from home today, there was no knock in the door or a phone call. So I was very surprised to find a Delivery Notice with "No answer" in my mailbox. There wasn't any attempt to deliver the parcel, they just put this Notice into the box, very disappointing service.

2 comments
J
Nov 27, 2013 9:55 pm EST

this happened to me today
i still haven't figured do how Canada post got my package we usually deal with another company
they want us to pay 62 dollars to get it
but cant/ wont tell us where the amount comes from
and rude on top of that
my BF is autistic rude people can throw him in to a temper
thankfully his non violent and doesn't hurt himself
they also yelled at my mother

A
Jan 09, 2013 2:58 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hello I'm Mrs. Adara Azziz from Kuwait if you are look for where to get a good Loan I will advise you to contact Alhaji Hasaan Global Loan Firm Because that is where i got my Loan from two days ago without credit check and the interest rate is just 3%. Here is the email you can contact them with: ( hassanloanfirm@hotmail.com ) GOOD LUCK.

G
1:26 pm EST

Canada Post - # service

Got a delivery notice on friday that my parcel was going to be available at my regional post office on the next day starting 13.00 hours. Called the regional post office and been told the item will not be available until next monday because there was nobody to drop it in the weekend!. When called customer service I got apologies because it was a mistake!?!?!?!?!? Really?!?!?!?!
Way to go canada post!
You are making us relay on your ### service all the time.
Hell, I swear to god I will never use your ###ic service ever!

A pissed customer

5:30 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I shipped documents from a Canada Post outlet located in a local Shopper's Drugmart on November 25th 2012 with Xpresspost option. The tracking number provided did not work on the tracking website, and resulted in "Tracking Number Not Found". Now, on November 29th, I went back to the Shopper's Drugmart Canada Post Outlet to see if they could figure out what...

S
9:01 pm EST

Canada Post - undelivered parcel

1. I S.V .Venkatesh, from 'hemavathi", 10/2 karnic road, Basavanagudi, Bangalore -560004, India,

sent a parcel, tracking no RK060331472IN, dated 28 sep 2012, from Basavanagudi Head post office, Bangalore, India, to
SImli . V. Deepak, address 1263, queens apt, # 411, HALIFAX, NS B3J3L4, CANADA.

2. The item is a pair of glasses for Simili.V. Deepak who is student in Dalhousie univ.
3. As on date (17 nov 2012 ) he has not recevied the item

4, Tracking on the canada post web site, says that the item has reached Halifax ( after custom clearance ) and would be delivered in 3/7 working days ( this is the annotation since the last 15 days ), still the item has not been delivered to Simili.V.Deepak at the above address in Halifax
5. kindly expediate

thanks

S.V.Venkatesh

Jun 17, 2015 10:29 pm EDT

It would be beneficial if you would submit your complaint via registered mail to Canada Post CEO Deepak Chopra, Canada Post, 2701 Riverside Dr, Unit 1200, Ottawa, ON K1A 0B1. Hopefully they can find their own headquarters, but who really knows.

10:13 pm EDT

Canada Post - harassment

I am constantly being accosted by a Canada Post Letter Carrier. He stops by my apartment when he has no packages, asks me out, and even asks to use my washroom! He even holds onto my packages when I am not at home instead of leaving a pick up notice and delivers when I am at home. What can I do and what can I expect to have resolved? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. I had a confrontation with him already demanding that he leave me alone and am now worried that I won't receive my packages. This is troublesome as I order quite a bit online. Help Please?

Thanks

F
Oct 02, 2012 3:18 am EDT

See this site and submit a formal complaint.

2:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was given a delivery notice in my mail box today saying there was no answer and to pick up my package tomorrow afternoon after 1pm. I've been home all day...if someone had actually knocked or rang the doorbell I would've heard it and my dog would've heard it and let me know someone was here if I did in fact miss a knock. Clearly the delivery staff is not...

4:21 pm EDT

Canada Post - parcel delivery

Just had another parcel delivered by Canada Post. This time Ombudsman was tracking it. Not
supposed to be delivered if no answer. Told it was delivered successfully at 10:04 on Wed. June
13/2012. Never showed until 12:30 p.m. Left out in pouring rain. This was a test and they still
screwed up! Ombudsman states that they will follow up. What a joke. Even when Mr. Haymour
superintendent given a heads up mistakes are still made. I conclude that getting rid of some of these contracting jobs for deliveries would work better. They also have a new scanning GPS. system. Well it was really worth the thousands they spent on it wasn't it? The delivery person
didn't know how to use it apparently!

O
2:36 pm EDT

Canada Post - request not processed for new mailbox keys

On June the 5th, 2012 in the afternoon I called Canada Post and was connected with a representative from New Brunswick. In talking with this male representative I made a request to get new mailbox keys as mine had been stolen from my car. I provided him with all of the necessary information: my name, address, town, province, postal code and was told by him that I should have my new keys by Friday June 8th, 2012. Guess what happened? No keys and no mailbox lock has been changed to date, and it is now June 12th, 2012. I'd made a call in the late afternoon on June 8th, 2012 to inquire about where my keys were, and was told by another Canada Post representative that she could see my request was open as I'd given her my ticket number, but she could not tell me when I was going to get my notification about the new keys to access the mailbox. The weekend went by, and then again on Monday June 11th, 2012 I called Canada Post as I'd still not received my notification by mid afternoon, but was told they were checking into it. Today is now Tuesday June 12th, 2012 and I have spoken with 3 different representatives from Canada Post, and again no notification to pick up the new keys! One representative that I spoke with late this afternoon told me that she had spoken with the rural route driver for our area, who delivers our mail and would also be the one to change the lock on the mail box, and that person had no knowledge of my mailbox needing a new lock and keys so I could access my mail, which I last did on Friday June 1st, 2012. I've asked this person to have her supervisor/manager call me immediately, as I'd explained to her I had important documents in my mailbox that needed to be accessed by me. It is now 4:20 pm and there has been no record of any call on my caller ID that I have on my phone. I'm completely disgusted with this corporation and from this point on I will NEVER again use their services for anything. I will ensure that I have a lock smith make at least 4 more keys, as I never want to have to deal with this corporation again.

3:18 pm EDT

Canada Post - mail and parcel service

I sent letter to ombudsman re: no del, of parcels mail and del. notices. Exercise in futility. Went through all the steps. Louise did no fact finding. Superintendent was supposed to call and come out, but did not as promised. Parcels never delivered mail lost no delivery notices. Gave all info. and more to Enrico who either didn't get it to her or she chose to ignore my complaint! Seriously
don't even bother with Ombudsman for Canada Post as Louise Ombudsman is biased and did no fact -finding. Canada Post is the only co. that cannot deliver mail rather when they don't blame the customer! One would think an Ombudsman would be impartial but obviously not as
everything in my complaint became my fault. Like I can control delivery of mail! This is one position that Canada Post could eliminate and save thousands as they are supposedly going
broke! Another day another wrong del. of my mail! But I apparently am to blame for what a
supervisor at my depot could take care of. Instead he allows mail carriers to continue making
mistakes. As they said we don't need mail carriers. Should look at ways to improve service and have better complaint procedures as I am told by others in my area they have same problem.

N
Jan 25, 2015 3:28 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I went through same stuff know I am really not going to take this its a year and a half and nothing so i put a complaint in to Human rights that is discrimination when he chooses not to offer same service everyone else is getting get a hold of Human Rights discriminating to give same service as everyone else.

12:22 am EDT

Canada Post - regularly missing mail

Canada Post has once again failed to deliver a paycheque mailed out over a month ago, and once again we are struggling and having to putting off purchases.. Paycheques, bills (thank god for e bills), cards and letters have been delivered to the wrong adress or not delivered at all for as long as we have lived in Pickering (15 years).
Canada Post claims 96% success rate. 4% failure rate is too high and seems to be concentrated in Pickering Ontario.
Their backlog of complaints at the ombudsman probably masks an even higher failure rate.

U
11:12 pm EST

Canada Post - arrogance/above the law

Canada post started charging gst on foreign packages despite the rule (2012) says "mail addressed to foreign destinations requiring total shipping charges $5 or more... Are not subject to gst" canada post is not authorized to impose or revise the canadian tax code.
Don't put up with this crap. Fight for you rights. Kick out those who make these rules from canada post.

U
11:03 pm EST

Canada Post - unauthorized activities by canada post

A couple of things about canada post really bugs me.

One is when I mail out a package from alberta to nova scotia, the canada post started charging me 15% hst. Alberta don't have hst, just 5% gst. When asked about it, I was told that ns has hst and therefore I should pay hst in alberta when sending mail to ns. If that's the case, why not nova scotians are allowed to pay on 5% tax when they send mail to alberta? (No answer for it)

2. I mailed a package to uk, and the clerk charged me gst. Totaling $15.49. There is no gst when mailing to foreign countries. I went to canada post website to check their ruling on gst, and is says: "mail addressed to foreign countries requiring shipping charges of $5 or more... Are not subject to gst" when I phoned the canada post customer service at [protected], the person answered the phone had no clue about the subject.
My understanding is that the federal government decides on taxes and revisions of tax code. Canada post is a crown corporation, run by highly paid executives with no sign of intelligence or any respect for the law of the country. They are not authorized to collect hst in alberta or gst from any canadians when mailing packages to foreign countries.
Canada post made it impossible for small business to survive due to their atrocious rates, coupled with volume measurement, fuel surcharge and now this ridiculous illegal tax collecting.

Apr 20, 2012 3:22 am EDT

Our Address-279 Woodfield Rd-Toronto We have an issue with the Carrier-Brandon. My wife is 61 and has hip problems and he commented to her I have found you stoned on Crack at early morning hours, he is never here early, he has a short trip to Jennys bar each day foe a drink or two then he dellivers the mail. This Carrier is no wanted anymore! Please fix the problem!

Kris DUKOFF [protected]

N
9:21 pm EST

Canada Post - poor service

We live in an unincorporated district under the regional district management. What this means is the post office delier mail to our local community mail boxes situated within walking or driving distance for most residents. The complaint is Canada Post sub-contacting mail service to our local Shoppers Drug mart. The way they operate is to hold your package for nearly 2 days before you are allowed to pick it up! How ridiculous! Before the mail contract was awarded to the Shoppers drug mart Packages were either placed in one of the free larger mail lock boxes with the key to open in your own mail box..this was convenient and time saving. NOw every single time we receive a package it is sent to the shoppers drug mart for pick-up, but to add insult to injury, we must wait a day and a half to go and pick it up our selves! Yet Canada post si charging the shipper to deliver to your adddress, what a fraud! We recently compalined to Canada post about this problem, and we received acall from a woman named Erika, who was to say the lease..defensive, arrogant & totally unhelpful about the poor service we are receiving! Canada Post really does SUCK!

PS' Don't bother to call Erica at the Sydeny depot...she is an idiot!

Nov 20, 2013 2:32 am EST

canada post employs a lot of lazy bones

Canada Post contacts