Camping Worldgap insurance

T

to whom it may concern: 3 DEC 17
In late July I found a 24 ft rv on line that I had been looking for. ( 06 View vin# wdxpd944155845933) It was at Camper World in Lubbock Texas. [protected]) I gave them a $5000 deposit and told them I would need to finance the balance until I sold another unit I had. I drove to Lubbock on the 28th of July, 2017. I met with the salesman, Scott and the sales manager, Jeff Watts. All was as represented and they sent me in to the finance office. They had arranged financing through Huntington Bank in Columbus Ohio.[protected]) It had been a long day of driving and the finance man was talking a mile a minute as I was doing the paperwork. He mentioned gap insurance and I told him I was only going to have the loan for a short time. He asked me if I even knew what gap insurance was and I said yes.
When everything was completed we drove home. On Monday the 31st I was going over the paperwork as I was going to get plates and noticed that the finance guy had slipped the gap insurance in with the other paperwork and had charged $400 for it.
I called the gap insurance company Safeguard [protected]) and explained that I did not want the gap insurance, They said the dealer could cancel it and to call them. I talked to Jeff Watts and told him what happened and I needed the forms to cancel it. After a week and three calls, nothing.
I called the gap insurance company again and explained that the dealership was no help. They emailed me the form on the 9th of August . I filled out the form and both mailed and faxed it back to Safeguard to make sure they got it. I was well within the 30 day cancellation period and they said the process would take 3 to 4 weeks to complete. I also called them to make sure it all got there and they said, "NO problem."
The first part of September I called them to find out where my refund was. They informed me that it was all sent to Camper World and they would issue the refund.
I called Camper World and talked to Jeff Watts and he connected me to Stacey who told me they did not have my refund and I would have to call the bank.
I had paid the loan off with Huntington bank on the 22nd of August and when I talked to them they said they did not deal with the gap insurance that it was Camper World. Called Camper World back they had me call a Kenli Wilson at [protected]). She said she would take care of it. She still claimed the bank had my money. My last call was to Safeguard insurance and talked to a gentleman named Abdul that told me all the information was sent to Camper World in Lubbock on the 28th of August instructing them to issue me a refund.
It is to the point that Camper World is not even returning my calls. This should have been a very simple process to receive my $400 gap insurance refund.
Terry L Earl