Camelcamel menthol

D Feb 04, 2019

This was the email I just sent to Camel

"I would like to take some time to quickly tell your company how much I absolutely HATE your new Camel Menthol packaging. The old saying"don't fix something that isn't broke"comes to mind. Ever since the new packaging came out, ATLEAST 10 times now I have come home with the wrong pack of cigarettes. First off it should be noted, I'm an extremely loyal smoker and customer to Camel. I only smoke Camel Crush Menthol, been that way for about 6 years now. I smoke nothing else and won't even bum a smoke that isn't my brand. Now whether it's due to a fault of own, such as being in a rush or whatever if I dont properly look for the itty bitty writing that signifies I am purchasing the correct pack, or the fault of the store employee for not listening to my request and hanging me the incorrect pack. The fact remains the same, until I get the cellophane torn off and open up the pack to see that instead of a pretty green shiny piece of paper, I have a black or blue piece instead. Now 9 out of 10 times, the store is not going to take exchange or refund them, and I've now wasted time, money, gas, and I'm beyond frustrated. For example, this evening I went to the gas station, asked for a pack of Camel Crush Menthol, the pack had a 50 cent off coupon printed on the cellophane. I was skeptical because I saw no small green letters reading"Menthol", but I thought perhaps it was underneath the coupon printed on the pack. I informed the cashier I believe she had the wrong pack, as it happens, I buy the wrong kind a lot mistakenly. She informed me she had in fact given me what I asked for, so I bought them and went home. I got home opened the pack to find the most infuriating little piece of shiny blue paper in my life. I had misplaced my last pack and been needing a cigarette for hours, I even went back to the store to ask for an exchanged. To my extreme surprise they decided to grant me the exchanged.. only to find out the didn't have my kind... so instead gave me a pack of silvers. I really do not like the silvers, they give me a headache for some reason. So now here I sit, with $0 to go buy a new pack, about 30 minuets and 2 trips to the gas station wasted. Along with my money, and still no cigarettes. All due to the fact Camel decided it was a good idea to make all 3 packs look identical... I'm honestly tempted to quit smoking all together, that's how fed up I am. I really hope this reaches a real human being, who can read this and sympathize with my situation. Offer some sort of consolation coupons or make some type of effective change towards the issue. If I receive no response to this, you will be losing me as a customer for good. Sincerely, One extremely irritated smoker."