Burlington Coat Factoryunfair return policy!

M

My wife and I purchased a ceramic bowl a few weeks ago. We notived that it began sloughing off it's color and figured it was defective. I tried to return it to Burlington and was told I would get a gift card because the item had no price tag. I had a receipt. I took off the price tag figuring we would be keeping the item. I had to accept the gift card for the return or keep a defective item. I took the card. Your policy on returns is unfair for those items that turn out to be defective. You need to have a different policy on items that turn out to be defective. This was a one of a kind item so exchange was not an option.

• Mg
    MG Apr 03, 2007

I had a very bad experience at Burlington Coat Factory (Greensboro) for return. I was treated with no respect. The lady in customer service and the Manager both treated me very disrespectful way.

I bought a boaster car seat from Burlington Coat Factory. Since this was my 1st time purchase in Burlington Coat Factory, at cashier I asked her the return policy. She told me that I can return it for a full credit

- If I don’t use it
    - have original packing
    - The receipt
    - And returning in 30 days of purchase

The booster car seat I bought didn’t work well for my kid. It looked like may be after a year he will be ready for a booster car seat so, I decided to return it. I went to Burlington Coat Factory (Greensboro) to return the car seat. The car seat was new still in plastic, in box and I had my receipt and I was returning with in 30 day period. But still she refused to refund my money back. Saying why did I opened the box and they don’t take it back if the box is open. I don’t understand if you don’t open the box and looked at the seat how you will know that it will work for your kid or not. She refused to take it back and told me that they don’t accept any return on Bady items that include high chair, car seat.... and its Burlington Coat Factory policy. I asked her to show me the policy in writing. No were they have that policy in writing. I was really upset because when I asked them about the return policy they didn’t tell me about this new policy of no return if box is open. Definitely I would have not bought that booster car seat if I would have known about this policy. The way customer service lady and Manager were treating me I felt so bad as if I got this item for free and I am trying to make money on it now. They were like making faces and talking very rudely. I will never buy anything from Burlington Coat Factory never in my life. It seems like their Customer Service and Manager makes store policies depending upon situation. Will never never never…. Shop in Burlington Coat Factory in my life.