Menu
Brink's Global Services
reviews & complaints

Brink's Global Services
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

143 complaints
50 resolved 93 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Brink's Global Services. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
P
7:48 am EDT

Brink's Global Services - Trying to cancel. Waiting on docusign.

I was a Protect America customer. Brinks bought the company. I was never notified that there was a change. I started getting correspondence from Brinks, but threw them away without reading them, thinking I had no business association, that I was aware of, with this business. It turns out I was being charged a plethora of charges, because they raised their prices .I use a bill payer service for timely payments to my creditors.There again, Brinks never contacted me by phone, e-mail or text. So I rack up over 150.00 in charges and fees without ever missing a single payment.I call to cancel. Have to talk to 3 different people/departments to try to cancel. I was told, on initial contact, that I could settle this matter for 94.23. When I am transferred to the second contact, she informs me that the initial contact had no authority to settle. It turns out that she is not the cancellation person either and I am transferred a third time. An hour has now past. The actual cancellation person made all these efforts to get me to sign a contract. I said no. He claims that I will receive a cancellation

form to sign and cancel within 24 hours. I only get a document to sign up for a new Brinks contract. I feel they are trying to trick me by sending a contract instead of a cancellation form. I just want this horrible company out of my life. They tell lies. Brinks is a greedy and unscrupulous company.

Desired outcome: Immediate cancellation and ridiculous charges and fees waived.

B
12:12 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - Brinks home security

My initial installation set up was on 6/14/22 our home security system is showing constantly that there is an outage I have called several times to schedule a tech for repairs. When I asked to speak to a manager or a team lead the rep would never connect me to one.There no corporate main customer phone and company will give you an answer or is held accountable. I disconnected the panel and and I have not received a phone call letting me know someone has tampered with the system over 5 minutes.

Desired outcome: Cancellation

5:10 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - Cancellation procedure and customer service

In January of 2021 I called several times to cancel service. Was repeated put on hold to be transferred to the appropriate department. The call would either be dropped or go to the wrong person and be placed on hold for over an hour each time. I tried again and February, same game they were playing. I think I finally got ahold of someone in March and refused to be transferred or be put on hold. I explained to my Credit Card what Brinks was doing and was told this happens all the time and they stopped payment for a service I notified Brinks to cancel and was refunded by my Credit Card. Now Brinks has sent a couple of months of payments to collection because they gave me the runaround for a few months. Even the lady at the collection agency admitted it's a gimmick they use.

Desired outcome: I want these charges removed. It's unethical and bad customer service.

1:27 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - Brinks Home Security

6/16-Called to cancel, was told I'm in a contract that I signed June 2021. I have no copy or proof of it. The account summary online doesn't say anything about a conctact either. I asked for it and the rep said it would take up to 24 hours. As of 6/23, it never showed up.

6/20 & 6/23-Emailed the CEO (no responses yet)

6/23-Emailed the Senior VP of Sales via LinkedIn (no response yet)

6/23-Agent I spoke with today in regards to not getting contract yet, said she couldn't see the signature section on the contract which is at this point making me think I don't have a valid contract.

Desired outcome: Cancellation without having to payout a penny.

M
3:08 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On, June 7th 2022 your General Manager came to our residence and lied to us about the services that your company provides with your alarm system to gain our business. My husband, and I asked pacific questions about your security equipment like does it have two way speakers, does it record 24/7 with or with out movement can you go back and pull up footage...

G
1:16 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - Poor service

Our system went out three months ago, and I called numerous times to get this fixed. I had one rep from there who was rude and did not give his name. It went downhill after that. I asked for a supervisor; he then berated me on why I needed one, said that I asked for them and if I thought he would be in trouble with them, think again. Yes, that was his words. I called again to have a tech come out and fix the system, but they did not show up; no call from them. I am canceling this company. Brinks are unacceptable for a company.

Desired outcome: We would like to have the system fixed, no canceling on the day that they are to show up, plus, we have been paying for a system that does not work to be reimbursed.

B
7:17 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - I want William Niles to read this letter

William Niles CEO of Brink’s Home Security:

My name is Barbara McCabe and I have been trying since February 29, 2022, to cancel my Brink’s home security (which is disabled). I was with Alarm force and then I received a letter welcoming me to Brinks, but I was never sent a contract to sign. In January 2022, I had my home updated and no longer

need Brinks. I contacted Brinks and asked to cancel my account. I was told I had a contract until October 2022 and if I paid out my contact I could cancel. I asked for a copy of my contract (knowing I did not sign a contract). I was told I would receive my contract in a few days via email. I contacted your helpdesk (which has an hour to two hours wait on the phone) to be assisted by rude people. I requested my contract two more times, while getting threating letters from Brinks. I send Brinks all the information I had including my Alarm force contact and a letter stating brinks would be send me some information about the company. It never happed!

I am trying to cancel my home security. I do not have a contract with Brinks. I have gone to the Brinks website and used Cancel Hero to cancel and paid $37.00. Still not canceled. Mr. Niles, please take the time to go on Facebook Brinks SECURITY Complaints you will see 730 members who are disgruntled with Brinks. Please Help me cancel my Brinks account. Thank you!

Barbara McCabe

Desired outcome: Want Mr. Niles to read my email!

Brink's Global Services has left an official reply on this complaint.

Brink's Global Services - Scammed me, never showed for installation, won’t return my money

Never showed up for two installation appointments, made all kinds of promises, wasted over 30 hours of my precious time, I returned financed and purchased equipment to them new in the original boxes on 5/16/2022 via their fedex return label they provided. They started charging me for monthly services even though I did not have an installation. Refund me 421.88 for 2 pieces bought on my credit card, 62.26 for monthly service and cancel $2253.98 financing with affirm. Stop charging my credit card! And I need an email confirming cancellation of the financing !

Desired outcome: Refund of two credit card charges and cancellation of financing

L
1:30 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - No customer service

I have called and the techs keep hanging up the phone my alarm is not working an I cant get any help I am canceling my contract as soon as I can talk to any body. I hate this company 6/06/2022 im on the phone now and they say I have to pay to cancel service and pay to council for brinks fault brinks can not help me I have no monitoring service that they take out my account every month. this is bad business. please can some one help me please

Desired outcome: CANCEL ALL CONTRACTS I HAVE 2 ACCOUNTS I WANT COUNCILED

12:02 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - Customer Service

Called to cancel yesterday around 4pm. The CS representative was very nice and said that I had to be transferred to a Loyalty Team. Ok. Here I go again. I held for over 30 minutes. No one came to the phone. I need to cancel because I can’t afford to pay for something I’m not using. $51 a month is no longer in my budget. Not that I should have to tell anyone WHY I need to cancel. Okay. Called again. Very nice woman transferred me. Now I’m told by the robot phone that the wait time is over 10 minutes. I’m at 15 now. My time is just not that important to BRINKS! Now. It’s the 21st Century. Can’t you just have someone call me back? Wouldn’t that be better than making someone angry enough to never trust another security company again? This is ridiculous! It comes across as a conspiracy to keep customers (albeit ANGRY ONES). I’ve done this several times before and been told my contract hadn’t expired or been given a lower rate for a year and then get jacked up when the new price expires. 🤬🤬🤬

Desired outcome: Cancel my service and not get slapped with some ridiculous charge!! My contract has expired!!!

D
1:06 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - Brinks Alarm - Impossible to Cancel

My mother's husband order alarm access on their existing alarm years ago. Needless to say IT NEVERVWORKED for years her husband let the charges be automatically paid though their joint checking account. I tried numerous times working with Brinks to get the alarm working (and paying more money for repair), needless to say it was NEVER fixed. Now my mother and ger husband are in an ALF and I handle the bills. I Contacted Brinks on 5/10/22 to cancel, my name is all over the account for repair issues but I can't cancel. My mothers husband has dementia and all he talks about is skateboards. So ne can't cancel. I sent the documents they requested on 5/12/2022, needless to say NOTHING WAS DONE. I've now been on hold for over an hour trying to speak with someone.

I also had issues with brinks 20 years ago, the alarm kept malfunctioning and I was out of the country. Faxed a document to NOT DISPATCH POLICE. Needless to say when I sold my house I had over $3000 in fines for the city I lived in

Bottom line DO NOT EVER PERMIT HESES SHYSTERS TO AUTO DEBIT YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.

Desired outcome: Cancel the alarm

R
12:54 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - Home security service

I'm Patrick Reid and i am so out done with this Brinks who took over from my previous company Protect America so prior I used my old system which still used land line, after speaking with Brinks wanted to upgrade to an better user friendly system and that was February 2022 and was convinced by an sales representative who suppose set up everything for technician to do the installation March 2022 the date had come and still had not gotten any call from company to come out, so I called Brinks and they only said that how sorry they were and didn't know what had happen a whole day wasted , now after a wasted day, called Brinks again this time was told they didn't have technicians in my area and had to outsource but was told they would have someone notify me for a May 23, install Brink's customer service Representative had me on hold while she tried to contact but got no answer and to me that she left message for A company from Lexington, KY Bluegrass home security, whom was to call me and set up an time, it is now 12:42 and again no answer from anyone, since March been paying money for service and don't have any equipment, I don't know what it takes to cancel everything with Brinks but I will not even think about recommend Brinks and will be looking for an reply and cancellation notice due to very bad service and disrespect to me, this is highly unacceptable

Desired outcome: Cancel everything contract and service, there is better home securities companies who respect the consumer

3:41 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - cancellation

Brinks called told me my panel needed updating back in Nov. 2021

We had agreed to extend contract with service being provided and additional equipment being installed, appt Dec 2021 , Brinks called and cancelled day before, rescheduled for Jan, again day before Brinks cancelled , we rescheduled and I told them 3 strike and you out, guess what cancelled 3 appt. Since then no one has even attempted to reschedule. I wrote Brinks to cancel service due to breach of contract on their behalf and lack of service, poor customer service. Received email 5/11/22 . said cancellation request received call to confirm. I called and was told I had a balance due of 217.00. Asked for what was told it was for the doorbell camera which was returned as per the letter, with the return label they sent me. I received confirmation from Fedex that it was delivered. They did locate it and I was told by lady I spoke to she had to send info to her supervisor and the credit would be posted next day. Called again today 5/18/22 as they have charged my account for another month of monitoring and now says I have a balance due of $5.00. on hold over 45 minutes, called back and next person I get says they can only cancel account if I pay $3 thousand some dollars. I said sue me I will gladly see you in court. He hung up on me! not the first time one of the representatives have done that. If I log into account on-line nothing is there, except in my requests: Request I'm CC'd on

Desired outcome: cancel service and stop charging me

2:34 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - Security system for my office

I tried to use a Brinks dealer to install my security system in my office. I used Gladiator Home Security in Spring, TX. The guy never finished the job. I paid up front and he left me hanging. Never installed the last cameras or hooked them up to a DVR. He won't return emails, phone calls or texts. I stopped payment on the service. Now I'm getting collection calls. I was transferred to him through brinks customer service and told him I need to stop service and he did not stop the service. Collection calls still coming in. Now his phone is disconnected. When I speak to Brinks customer service they keep telling me to call that number and that is the only way to cancel my service. Can anyone help?

Desired outcome: I just need the service cancelled and my account credited for all the months I was being charged.

3:40 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - So annoyed and must cancel

This company sucks since LIVE watch sold it to you, the only way to get threw to this company is if you are buying somthing, Otherwise the auto answer hangs up on you, Over and over and over again, I tried talinking to billing about being double charged 2 times and they put me on hold for 38 minutes, when they got back on the phone they claimed they didnt recieve the checks I sent but in my bank account they were clearly deposited and cashed, then they proceeded to autocharge my charge account for 2 months, When I talked to someone in sales, she spoke clear ecglish and understood my delema but then proceeded to reassure me she would stay on the line with me to get threw to someone and guess what, Was disconnected again,. No call back no responce I want to cancel and I want my money back for 2 months over charge. Thank You

Desired outcome: Cancellation

1:50 pm EDT
Brink's Global Services has left an official reply on this complaint.

Brink's Global Services - My contract was with Moni and Brinks took over. I lost job in pandemic and had to move but customer service would not cancel.

December 2020 I was forced to move and contacted Brinks customer service to cancel service. I was told it cannot be cancelled until I pay $750.00. I explained I lost my job due to pandemic and did not have the money. January 2021 I tried calling again with the same resolution pay the 750.00 which I did not have. Around June 2021 I called again trying to resolve this but the huge amount of money again which I did not have. I finally got put through to cancellation department and did the forms to submit. But, was told then it can't be cancelled unless I pay the money upfront. Again, I did not have. Each time I call the wait is 1 hour or longer to get through to someone. In June I was told my apartment was burglarized which was funny due to the system on wall disconnected and vacant apartment. I am 67 on a limited income without working but continued to pay the $47.00 up until November 2021 for no services provided. I was injured in October 2021 and cannot pay this anymore. I tried sending 25.00 for several months but I cannot do this anymore. I am partially disable and cannot make ends meet. Now you have placed a derogatory mark on my credit which has messed up my credit. I feel this should be removed and this nonsense of wanting all this money end. You have not provided any service to me since December 2020. You did send some letters stating you have tried contacting me which is a joke. The cell phone number on file is the same and has not changed in 25 years. I not going to call anymore because I am tired of spending hours on the phone wasting minutes to get the same on nonsense from customer service.

Desired outcome: Remove the mark on my credit and end the contract. If you it in your heart refund some the money you collected for not providing service,

G
11:19 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - Brink home security

I started an alarm service with Protect America in October of 2019. Brinks absorbed Protect America in 2020

. When I called to cancel my service with brinks in May of 2022 I was told I am still in contract for another 5 months when I only signed a 2 year contract with Protect America and never signed any contracts with Brinks. I was told the only way I could cancel now would be to pay a cancel fee which I am already out of my service agreement terms.

C
2:41 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - Home security

Had contact with protect American for 35.00 a month tried to cancel when Brinks took over now they have broken the contract by raising the price to 41.00 I tried to cancel 4 times now just get put on hold till I get tired of holding or the close and disconnect my call. I am currently on hold in my one hour wait is going into the second hour. Now they are threatening to turn me in with credit bural and collection.

Desired outcome: Cancel service

N
12:01 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services - Impossible to cancel my Brinks' account

I been calling Brinks for two months and no one answers , I called customer service and they transfer me to cancelation department and I am on hold for 2 hours or more and I give up and hang up ! I have a life I work and I can't waist my time like this . I would like to cancel my account is been five years since I signed up not knowing it was for five years agreement . I would like to speak with a real person or need them to contact me via e-mail how to resolve my issue . All numbers I called ( 1844-381-2351-1800-447-9239 )

Desired outcome: I would like to speak to someone or have them contact me via e-mail or telephone to resolve my issue , I would like to cancel my service please .

P
9:54 am EDT

Brink's Global Services - buyout of old security contract

Agent came to home said he would buy out the remainder portion left on old contract with Safe Home Security it essence he didn't buy out the contract I am now paying for two security systems yours and Safe Home's He left me a check it just wasn't enough the old company want's over $3000 I think it would be easier to cancel this account since it is just a month old

Desired outcome: just cancel contract so i am not paying two security companies

Brink's Global Services contacts