Menu
Brink's Global Services Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Brink's Global Services
reviews and complaints

www.brinks.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.8 249 Reviews

How responsive is Brink's Global Services's customer service?

108 Resolved
141 Unresolved
It's the right time to step up 💪
Selective responses to complaints have never led anyone to the highest rating, so it's really important for Brink's Global Services to put in more effort to meet customer expectations. We recommend that all reviewers provide detailed descriptions of their issues to Brink's Global Services, which will definitely increase the chances of successful problem resolution.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Brink's Global Services has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Brink's Global Services reviews and complaints 249

Sort by:

Newest Brink's Global Services reviews and complaints

R
6:55 pm EST

Brink's Global Services I'd like to fix or replace all remote panels

My complaint is for the lack of good Tech support from Brinks. I have tried for the last five weeks to get Brinks Tech support for my three remote malfunctioning panels. I had two separate Techs on two different dates provided support remotely, both times the Tech walk me through the troubleshooting procedure, and nothing seems to work. Both times the Techs put me on hold and said they would be right back. I held on the line each time for near 30 minutes and neither one of the techs came back on the line. If they got disconnected, they had my phone number but they never call back. I then call again for tech support, and I ask for a tech to come on site at my house to work the problem. The first date scheduled for the 10th of Jan (12:30 - 5pm), no one call me to tell it was canceled I had to call to find that the Tech was sick. The second date scheduled was for 19th Jan., (12:30 - 5pm) the scheduler called me on the scheduled date and canceled because the Tech was not available. The 3rd date scheduled for the Tech to come to my house was today, 25th Jan. (12:30 - 5pm) I get a call from the Tech himself today at 3pm to tell me he was still in Maryland and couldn't get my house today.

I renewed my contract with Brinks because I was getting good service from you'll However, I ‘am one unhappy customer with your tech support. Your Tech support needs attention and FIX. If don't improve, I have to look somewhere else for this support.
Robert Roye
[protected]@verizon.net
[protected]

2:03 pm EST

Brink's Global Services Security system

I became a customer of Moni Home security system in 2016. They sold the company to Brinks. I recently sold my home (October) and contacted Brinks in August to come get the system. I was advised by a brinks phone representative that I did not need to remove the system but leave it and contact them once we moved in the new house and they would bring out a brand new system. Now I am being told that was false information and that I owned the equipment and should have removed it. The telephone contact stated they recorded all phone calls so I advised they listen to the call as to what I was told. My house is now sold so I have lost my system but they expect me to continue paying a monitoring fee 2025. This not an ethical company and not considerate of customers at all.

Desired outcome: Receive what I was promised by this company when I move into new home

11:15 pm EST

Brink's Global Services Brinks home security

I am very unhappy with my experiences with Brinks, I switched from Att because they are discontinuing their home security, I sign my contract on 12/16/21, installed on 1/21, installer refused to put the new camera on the same position, said he can't find the wire, instead he move put the camera about 6 feet away, now I can't see the porch when packages is laying dow by delivery people, I can only see the top of the person walking toward the walkway! he left wire and dust on the kitchen floor, I tried to call and text Brinks whole afternoon on Saturday, tried text, also, keep having sensors malfunction issues, they refused to give me a appointment day, they just hang up, I spent all day Sunday to call and text, no answers, when I texted, they asked for home information s, then they sent me to the queued messages immediately, they do all day sending me to the queued, it get to the point, that I am so frustrated, so, come Monday, I started texting, same thing, the minute, I asked for a appointment, got sent to queued again, after 2 hours, I got hold of the customer service on the phone, the next appointment date is 2/28 -3/5, gosh, today is 1/24, then they offer to give me a contractor phone number, I can contact them myself, did I hear right, I halve to call their contractor myself! At that point I am totally fed up, I want to cancel my contract, she said the 30 days is up, I owed $1800, plus I have to take down all the equipments and return it, I am 73 years grandma, I babysit my 3 years old granddaughter, I feel this is the worst customer services I have ever encountered!, , I would like to cancel my services and contract.

Desired outcome: Cancel my contract

C
8:59 am EST

Brink's Global Services Home alarm

Monotronics was my mom's security's service for years. She was never notified by anyone that Brinks had taken over. The alarm system wasn't working and after trying to reach someone at Monotronics was unsuccessful we encourage mom to stop the automatic deductions from her account and that's how we found out Brinks had bought Monotronics. They told Mom she owed 56.80 she mailed it to them the calls from Brinks started coming in to this 80 year old woman that doesn't understand what the reps are saying I've called was put on hold for hours she owes nothing on an alarm system that doesn't work and hasn't worked for years! The harassment has to stop. They have the 56.80 they said she owed Please stop calling her she can't hear them or understand what they're saying!

Desired outcome: We want the calls to stop and the threat of reporting her to credit bureaus

11:41 am EST

Brink's Global Services Customer Service / Cancellation Policy

This correspondence is to document a formal complaint due to the customer service that I received in December 2021 from an individual representing Brinks. I have been a customer of Monotronics since 2005. I contacted Brinks to cancel service due to me moving and the lack of a need for an alarm system. I originally moved in July of 2021 and spoke with a customer service representative about canceling at that time since we no longer lived at the address. I paid the final bill and was told I would receive a cancelation contract by email. At no fault of my own, the contract was sent to an incorrect email address. Due to this miss, I received an invoice in September 2021. I called and explained the situation and was assured everything would be corrected and processed without penalty to me. I received another contract that was executed on 10/26/2021. In the month of November 2021, I received another bill and was told that I was responsible because the contract was not signed until 10/26/2021. After speaking with the customer service representative and realized she wasn't able to make the decision, I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. The Supervisor was even less helpful and downright unpleasant and nasty. I then asked to speak to her manager, and she just told me no and later said that he was on vacation. I then proceeded to ask for contact information for General Counsel and she refused. Although, this is public information and it can be retrieved with the company's assistance, I do know that to refuse this information to a customer is unacceptable. It's very concerning that even during these uncertain times, companies are allowing unprofessional team members to further tarnish their brand and reputation.
Customer # [protected]
Site # 3254098
Contract # 2752802

Desired outcome: The Customer service supervisor needs training or to be replaced. Bill needs to be disolved I am not responsible for services not used

Susan Diane Gray
Fort Worth, US
May 25, 2022 12:06 pm EDT

Same thing going on with me. I’m on “he’ll hold” now. 🤬🤬🤬

W
8:11 pm EST

Brink's Global Services Customer service

On July 12 and August 19 the house alarm went off and police were sent due to errors on the monitoring team, i.e. not calling back when disconnected. We were charged $584 by the city of LA due to police being sent.
We've tried contacting Brinks to get this resolved with no help, so we stopped payment on the monthly charges until someone responds.

Desired outcome: Repayment of charges by LA

N
5:48 pm EST

Brink's Global Services The service

I had brinks in my home before I moved in Oct. I called Brinks to change the system to the new address. Brinks was supposed to send someone to install the equipment. They never showed up. No one called me I had to call them. After I called the 2nd time they were supposed to send someone else and again no one came. I called a 3rd time to cancel my account. They still were charging me for something I still don't have. I asked them to stop payment and they are still charging me at this point. I don't think I should have been charged after I tried to have Brinks move with me. I am upset that no one helped me or even reached out to me about the service I never recieved. I have been waiting to talk to someone about what has happened for an hour and forty three minutes. This is very upsetting and you all are cheating the consumer. I had Brinks for about 5 years and for them to do me or anyone they way you all are treating me is disheartening. I will not pay for anything else. I Will make sure that I tell anyone that will listen to never get Brinks you all are a scam and it is sad. Now at 4:44pm they hang up on me. Pissed!

Desired outcome: Give back my money from Jan. and not charge me anything else

3:02 pm EST

Brink's Global Services Unauthorized contract extension

I wanted to cancel my Brinks security service and was told that my contract still had 20 months with them.If I wanted to cancel the contract it would cost me 1, 000. I never signed or authorized a contract renewal. As a matter of fact, I never signed up with Brinks my account was sold by Moni and Moni got the account from a different security service.

Desired outcome: Want my contract cancled

Update by DrJohnnyR
Jan 03, 2022 3:03 pm EST

Would never recommend this company

R
8:03 am EST

Brink's Global Services Brinks Home Security Monitoring System

Brinks sent me (an 85 year old living alone) several e-mails offering a two year renewal of my home monitoring system which I've had for over a decade starting with Monitronics (later purchased by Brinks). I was paying a little over $26 monthly for a very basic monitoring system, and the Brinks e-mail said that I could lock in that rate for two more years by clicking the "accept" button. Well, it turns out that Brinks is now billing me over $29 per month for the exact same monitoring service that Brinks was previously charging me only about $26. I consider this very deceptive advertising and especially shameful because Brinks is misleading elderly people who need to closely budget their fixed income resources. It's beyond unethical to deceive people like this, and I don't understand how Brinks is allowed to get away with such dishonestly in advertising and billing? At its website online, William E. Niles, the CEO of Brinks Home Security, Dallas, Texas claims to be "passionate about transparent leadership." These lofty words seem no more than empty rhetoric based on my recent experience.

Desired outcome: Return me to my former basic home monitoring rate of about $26 monthly which your e-mail stated that I was agreeing to for the next two years, and stop misleading people about the actual "locked-in" rate being accepted.

9:25 pm EST

Brink's Global Services Alarm key pad installation

To whom it may concern:
After Brinks took over my home security from AT&T the key pad they installed destroyed my garage door opener costing me $400.00. it was installed Septembed 28, 2021. It also caused my garage door to open many times when I was away leaving property and life unsafe. Neighbors have closed my garage door after alerting me that it was open -only to come and find the door opened.
After at least 6 hours on phone calls, 2 hour holds, online chats the company would not acknowledge the problem. Eventually after much frustration and wasted phone calls I was able to reach a supervisor on the executive staff who scheduled a tech.
The garage door repairman said the system was fried and he'd never seen such damage however, Brinks kept denying the problem.

The Brinks tech did show up on October 21, 2021 although the soonest appointment would be in December and resolved the garage door openings. He showed me that the newly installed keypad was indeed controlling the garage door opener. Brinks has a service that controls garage door opener but I never requested that service had and further more the support tech on the phone at Brinks had me call garage door company because he thought there was incompatibility, and I should pay an extra $2.00 monthly to monitor the garage to resolve issue.

Now I'd like to be reimbursed for my new garage door opener.

Immediately the tech saw and resolved the issue which everyone else was giving me the run around

Desired outcome: I would like to be compensated $400. 00 for destruction of property from improper installation of Brinks key pad

Y
10:22 pm EST

Brink's Global Services Tech support

I took the day off to be here on 12/21 I had an appointment between noon and 6pm. I made this appointment because my Camaras are not working. Tech support has tried 5 different occasions to help me fix them over the phone. We were unable to get them on. So they said I had to make an appointment and pay $50 for a tech to come out. I agreed Because I go out of town 12/24-12/28 so I need my Camaras to work. Well today around 4pm I got a call they had to cancel next appointment is 12/29 AFTER MY VACATION. This is not the first time u guys cancel. This is not the first time I call with a problem. Please check ur notes. U will have more then 10 calls this year about problems with my Camaras. You never haven a problem charging me ur system never goes down that for that. 1 tech came out maybe 3 months ago said I needed a different door bell in order for my ring to work. So I had to buy a new one and lay someone to come and change it. Guess what ur phone MTech support can't make it work now. Another tech said I had to buy a new phone in order for my app to work. Another tech said my Camaras we're outdated I needed to buy a new one. I got a new one guess what tech support can't get it to work. I lost a day of pay. $30 an hour 8 hours a day . Who is reimbursing me for my loss?

I always have problems with these Camaras. Do they all need to be updated? Can u guys send someone to look at my systems.

U guys never have problems charging my account every month. You get your money every month meanwhile every month I am struggling with my service.

K

Brinks Number: [protected]

Undisclosed charges:
Collection From Location: $1564.65
Door to Door valuation: $496.61

Sent emails to BGSUS.[protected]@brinksinc.com for refund of undisclosed charges on Oct 27th and Nov 11th and haven't heard anything back.

Desired outcome: No response

View 0 more photos
1:19 pm EST

Brink's Global Services Billed for non functioning system

Brinks upgraded my base station in late August 2021. Since the upgrade the system was unable to connect to Brinks monitoring system and was unreachable via their phone apps. A replace unit was finally provided on Nov 19, 2021. I was billed for the service throughout this period and credited for 1 month out of the three that it was out of service. The support people are not understanding the billing issue and I am still waiting for a supervisor to call me to help resolve this. Also they sent a free camera to renew the service however the tech reported that that camera was not compatible with my system and would never work. Since the base unit was replace, I am receiving daily alarms that the primary smoke detector goes off line and the next day comes back, then off again. I would love to submit an email to Brinks to explain my issue, however there is no email contact available.

Desired outcome: Want a credit/refund for the period that the system was non-functional, or terminate my service all together with no termination fee

P
4:17 pm EST

Brink's Global Services Alarm system

Long story short, we have been on hold for 2 hours and 25 minutes today 11-30-2021 and have spoken to 4 Brinks employees in Customer Service who keep transferring us to different customer service representatives! We have been paying our monthly bill faithfully and found out in November that we have not been connected to Brinks Center Call Station and before 2 weeks ago we never received a call from Brinks when our alarm went off. A technician was here end of October and said our guts of our alarm system was never replaced since Phone America, he proceeded to replace the guts, so as of then the alarm has been activating at your monitoring station. Sadly, we paid our bill $53.19 per month (which we were never told was raised from 49.99 several months ago) and we were not being monitored at all by brinks and were paying each month for literally NO PROTECTION from Brinks monitoring station. We would like a credit for these many, various months we have paid for actually nothing. Your immediate attention to this unfortunate situation and your horrendous customer service who don't know how to handle this situation and keep pawning it off to another brinks' customer representative, this is totally unacceptable. Not only did you waste my time, you cost me money in my own business because I had to spend nearly 3 hours to get any kind of help!
Patti and Frank Maenner
[protected]

Desired outcome: Refund for several months of NO service that was paid for….

JM in Colorado
CASTLE ROCK, US
Dec 02, 2021 1:26 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am having a very similar experience with Brinks. I'm done with this company

P
9:58 pm EST

Brink's Global Services Customer service

Hello,

I called your company last Tuesday, 11/17, to inquire about video surveillance. The first two reps could not explain anything about it and could not connect me to the people who were in the know. On the third time I was connected to the technical support person. He also could not explain the details about cameras, and when I asked to connect me to somebody who could answer my questions, he just hang up. I spent FOUR hours in useless communications with your people on that day without any result. Next day I called your office again and asked to talk to the supervisor. I was put on hold for 30 minutes and she could not still find time to talk to me. I left my request and phone number with a rep and he assured me she would call - she never did.
Today I received a box with three cameras from you which I never ordered - I was only inquiring. It's just ridiculous. Before Brinks acquired the Protect America, I had never had any problems with the previous company for 10 years. Your customer service is unprofessional, cumbersome, and customer-unfriendly. I must talk to your supervisor, otherwise I will go to another company. Please send me a label to rerun the cameras to you.

Peter Serdyukov

Desired outcome: Please call me at [protected]

2:19 pm EST
Brink's Global Services has left an official reply on this complaint.

Brink's Global Services No help from customer service , long hold times over two hours with problem not resolved

No customer service, paying for service I'm not getting and being told they would schedule technician to come out, then being told we have no technician we can schedule you ! I have been very patient, average phone call has been over two hours on multiple occasions and still no help, would really like to get what I'm paying for, had someone try and break into our house first of October and had no security, luckily cops arrived in about 5 minutes .

Desired outcome: Fix our problem , no communication between my panel and brinks.

11:10 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Brink's Global Services Alarm Monitoring - Will not cancel account and continues to deduct payments

Brinks bought alarm.com along with my account. I called to get a updated alarm and they had me OK a 2 year contract. No one EVER called to install the alarm so I canceled my account. Yes, canceled it 6 times and they continue to take payments out of my account. How does Brinks stay in business under FRAUD. I have 6 hours of wait time and 6 phone calls in and they literally lie to me and tell me it is canceled and never cancel it!

Desired outcome: Cancel my account and refund 2 months of fees

M
M
Mr. Helpful
Los Angeles, US
Nov 01, 2021 11:30 pm EDT

If there was a 2 year contract that was approved, why would there be any assumption of cancelation?

C
11:23 am EDT

Brink's Global Services House alarm and mentoring

I received a letter from brinks on 5-14-21 that may rate was going up from $44.99 to $47.99. On may 17th I sent an email response that if my rate was increasing to $47.99 then I wanted to cancel my service. I never heard anything back until July. And it was another reminder about the price increase. I tried getting a phone number but the only way I could communicate was through automated text. After several days of back and forth they texted me a phone number. I waited and waited on hold but nobody ever picked up. I started texted again and told them multiple times to cancel my account. The text said the do not process cancellations online and gave me the same phone number. Still no answer. Back to texting got no where again. Finally on July 26th I got someone on the phone. Cancellations are not their department so I got transferred twice. Throughout the process the rep kept dropping my rate to keep me. Too late for that. The process took well one an hour. The rep said the had a 30 day cancel policy. So know I get a bill for over $154.00 or the will send me to collections.

Desired outcome: Clear the balance to ZERO

8:15 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Brink's Global Services Deceptive, BOGUS Cancellation Charges & Requirements!

I recently tried to cancel my month-to-month monitoring service with brinks. I do not, nor have I ever had, ANY contract with brinks. They took over accounts from Protect America, who went out of business. So, on 27 Sept 2021, before my payment for service was due, I waited an hour on the phone, finally got a customer service rep, who sent a email, "docusign" that I had to sign for cancellation, that said I had to agree to any/all fees that I might owe, (I didn't owe any), and that they were allowed to send advertising to my phone, email, text, etc., like it or not, to cancel the service! I did not sign. Then I get a bill in the mail, for $35.32, because, "it takes 30 days to cancel", so I have to pay another month, even though they will not be monitoring my alarm system! OUTRAGEOUS! I have another system and monitoring company, therefore, I will NOT pay this fee! This is out and out FRAUD, and a deceptive business practice! I WILL be filing formal complaints with the SC Attorney General, the Texas Attorney General, the US Postal Service and any/every other government agency who has jurisdiction over brinks! BEWARE! DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY!

Desired outcome: Prosecution, to the fullest extent of the law, by any/every government agency who has authority over brinks, for this on-going deceptive business practice!

jolyns
N LAS VEGAS, US
Oct 20, 2021 5:00 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I do wish you luck and I know what are going through; I have been in this Brinks nightmare over six months. In my case, Brinks took over Northstar and like you I endured that long phone call thinking I would be done when I hung up, but the second rep mentioned a “docusign” email. I thought that might be a confirmation of cancellation, but I get it a week later (04/22) and it mentioned a penalty and assigned a disconnect date far enough out to get them a couple more payments out of my bank account! At that point I called the bank and had them stop future payments then sent them a written notice of cancellation. This company has acknowledge they received notice of cancellation, yet they continue to bill and have been adding a paper statement and late fee. Bill right now is at $339.96 and that from a company that send me a “stay” e-mail on 4/21.

12:22 pm EDT

Brink's Global Services Panel not working/On hold for 6 hours

On Sept 11th at 8pm i recieved an app alert and email stating my Panel has not responded since 3:43pm on Sept. 11, 2021. I went to panel and confirmed the screen was black and there was no response when pressing the "home" button. I went online and found t/s steps that did not resolve my issue. Since it was the weekend i waited until Monday Sept. 13, 2021 to call support. I was on hold for an hour until technical support agent got the call and we went thru the same steps outlined on your website and i did on Sept. 11th. I was then told it would cost me $50 for a technician to come out and was placed on hold for another 30 mins while your tech support agent contacted "scheduling dept." after holding again for 30 mins. I was told someone would call me back in 24 to 48 hours. It has been two weeks since I was told that and no one has contacted me. So today, im in the same boat with a 2 hour hold time and still waiting for a scheduled appointment.

Desired outcome: I need a technician to come out and fix this broke Panel.

Brink's Global Services In-depth Review

Overview: Brink's Global Services is a trusted and established company that specializes in secure logistics and cash management. With a rich history and strong values, they have built a reputation for reliability and excellence.

Services Offered: Brink's Global Services offers a comprehensive range of services including cash management, secure logistics, and ATM services. They also provide specialized services tailored to meet the unique needs of their clients.

Global Presence: Brink's Global Services has a wide coverage and reach, serving clients in various countries and regions around the world. They have established international partnerships and affiliations to ensure seamless operations globally.

Security Measures: Brink's Global Services prioritizes security and implements robust measures to protect their clients' assets. They utilize advanced technology and systems for secure transportation and storage, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.

Clientele: Brink's Global Services serves a diverse range of clients including financial institutions, retailers, and government agencies. Testimonials and case studies from satisfied clients attest to their reputation and trustworthiness within the industry.

Technology and Innovation: Brink's Global Services places a strong emphasis on technological advancements and innovations. They integrate digital solutions to enhance security and efficiency, and invest in research and development to stay at the forefront of the industry.

Customer Support: Brink's Global Services provides excellent customer support, with responsive channels of communication such as phone, email, and live chat. They are known for their prompt assistance during emergencies or unexpected situations.

Pricing and Cost-effectiveness: Brink's Global Services maintains transparency in their pricing structure, offering competitive rates compared to industry standards. Clients can expect value for money in relation to the high-quality services provided.

Sustainability Initiatives: Brink's Global Services is committed to sustainability and environmental responsibility. They implement green practices in their operations and logistics, and actively participate in partnerships and initiatives supporting social and environmental causes.

Industry Recognition and Awards: Brink's Global Services has received notable awards and recognition for their outstanding services. They hold certifications and accreditations, and actively contribute to the industry through thought leadership and participation in industry events.

Limitations and Areas for Improvement: While Brink's Global Services is highly regarded, there may be areas where improvement is needed. Feedback from customers and industry experts is taken into consideration, and the company takes proactive steps to address any limitations identified.

Conclusion: Brink's Global Services is a reliable and reputable business that excels in secure logistics and cash management. With their strong global presence, commitment to security, and emphasis on technology and innovation, they are a recommended choice for potential customers seeking trustworthy services.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Brink's Global Services customer service

Phone numbers

+44 208 831 5900 +1 (804) 289-9600 More phone numbers

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Brink's Global Services?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Brink's Global Services Customer Service. Initial Brink's Global Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Brink's Global Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Brink's Global Services. Discuss the issues you have had with Brink's Global Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.