BB&T / bank services

1 United States

This bank definitely does not seem to care about their customers. I did the math in my checking account, even transferring $40 from one account to another. Somehow my account still goes negative by $5, and they charge me a $36 overdraft fee for five dollars. Even though my daily posted balance was still in the positive they charge me this fee. I've never known the system to show the daily posted balance, not the account balance, in the positive and still charge an overdraft fee for any kind of debit. Banks do make sure their systems re-order deposits and debits and other fun tricks to cause people to go negative, BB&T is above and beyond in this area. It clearly shows online if you look it up that they are one of the worst banks for causing overdraft fees, they rank in billions yearly.
Then I have a deposit go through and they still push through another debit and charge me another fee even though I had a deposit go through.
I called customer service and they are unwilling to waive at least one fee considering the deposit and considering I know it's the system. They will re-order debits and ACHs and deposits, but they will claim to you that timewise it worked in a manner that causes overdraft fees.
And to top it all off back in November, there was a date in which a deposit clearly posted. The same date they show after the deposit there was a debit and an overdraft fee charged. So on one date in November money was taken out with an overdraft fee included after a deposit was made with more than enough money to cover said debit. BB&T just doesn't care about us.

Ri