Having problems with BooksRun?

BooksRun Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BooksRun Customer Service. Initial BooksRun complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BooksRun above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BooksRun. Discuss the issues you have had with BooksRun and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

BooksRun Complaints & Reviews

BooksRunBook buy back

I sent a textbook that I bought for college from my university library. It is certainly in good condition and legitimate now BooksRun is making me pay nearly 9 dollars to receive a return of my book which they quoted as being worth over 40 dollars. This is a fraud. I'm out of work due to this pandemic and this company is ripping me off when I'm selling everything I own to survive. Heartbreaking.

• BooksRun's response · Dec 21, 2020

Greetings,

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our company. Please let us explain the matter of the issue in detail.

The book you have initially quoted (The Wildlife Techniques Manual: (Volume 1: Research/ Volume 2: Management) (ISBN-13: [protected])) had its quote adjusted automatically from $40.73 to $0.00 because the book received is a part of 1 of 2 Volume Set.

According to our Terms & Conditions (https://booksrun.com/page/terms-and-conditions; section "Buyback", subsection "Books we do not accept for buyback", partial sets or incomplete sets may have their quote adjusted or be not eligible for buyback at all.

You may find the pictures made by our processing department inside of your order details and attached to this response.

Your order was placed on hold for 7 days, plus 48 hours more when the order was being reprocessed, and, during this period of time, it was possible to request the return of the item and have it sent back to you. However, since you have not requested a return of the item back to your address within the specified time frame, the order was processed accordingly, which means that the item became no longer eligible for a return under any circumstances.

BooksRun Support Team

Comments

Nov 10, 2020

BooksRun — This business is a scam.

They lie about keeping their quotes valid. I sent them a book quoted for $40 and $8 and they claimed there...

BooksRunCounterfeit books

I just write this complaint in regards of packages #2056274, #2069946, #2040430, and #2067890.
    I have never received a notification that I wasnt going to paid for these. Can you all please either return them of partially pay me? Not only I wasted money on buying the books but it seems unfair that I dont get nothing in return. All other sites that i have sold books too I have no issues with them.

• BooksRun's response · Nov 10, 2020

Greetings!

Thank you for clarifying.

Our processing department decided to apply restrictions to our cooperation due to the violation of our policy. It was found out that there were numerous duplicate accounts and accounts with linked users using which there were attempts to sell counterfeit books to BooksRun.

We can no longer accept your buyback orders due to the fact that we have received counterfeit copies in your buyback orders. Counterfeit items are illegal for purchase and sale (distribution of counterfeit copies is prohibited by the U.S. Code).

According to our policy (see Terms & Conditions), by participating in our buyback program a user guarantees and provides a warrant that any item sent to us is a legitimate copy. The items that are deemed counterfeit are either disposed of or sent for further inspection directly to the publisher, who reserves the right to dispose of the item as well in case it is proved to be inauthentic. Since the existing policy which you agreed to be bound by once placing your orders was repeatedly violated - appropriate measures were taken.

The account of the user is subject to immediate disabling in case counterfeit books are detected in a user's buyback order without any possibility to be re-activated. All items quoted become the property of BooksRun without any possibility of return and payment. If the user creates an additional account and places a buyback order to avoid the system banning, BooksRun reserves the right to confiscate the items received without any return and payment accordingly.

We hope this information gives you the understanding of our policy on unauthentic items trading. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Respectfully,

BooksRunCounterfeit books

I just want my packages I have sent for buyback be returned to me. I dont know how to identify counterfeit books but they punish me for it by disabling my acccount and not paying for the legitimate books. Any other site I have sold ihave zero issues. Here? A bunch of problems. They just don't want to pay. I lost 5 - 6 packages this way which is around $400. I am beyond angry with the company and they use the pretext of their policies. I have tried to talk to them to return the books to me but to no avail. Can they just please be lenient? If they continue this way, I wont be suprised they will lose business someday.

• Updated by Katie Halo · Nov 04, 2020

I think Booksrun should reevaluate their policies because they can't keep my packages. I want to know what they do to them. I swear they lost my trust and a loyal customer of 4 years. I am just an honest college student who tries to earn some money and this is how this company treats me. I have paid good money over the sent packages, knowing that I qas going to get a check in the mail. They FAILED to notify me over which books they couldnt accept. The least they could do was pay me over the good books and I wouldnt be here complaining. They FAILED to do that. I am starting to believe that any book is a counterfeit book so that they wont have to pay.

• BooksRun's response · Nov 06, 2020

Greetings,

We are sorry to hear that you had such negative experience doing business with us. Unfortunately, we do not have a possibility to look deep into the matter of your particular case since you have not stated the order number and did not indicate any contact information in the complaint.

All matters concerning inauthentic items distribution are taken very seriously by our company since it is prohibited by the U.S. Code and solid measures are taken if it is confirmed that multiple counterfeit copies are sent by the customer within our buyback program.

Per existing Terms & Conditions,  which all our customers agree to be bound by once placing the order, the account of the user is subject to immediate disabling in case counterfeit books are detected in a user's buyback order without any possibility to be re-activated. Our processing department carefully inspects each and every item received and acts within the framework of our policy to guarantee the rights and obligations of our valued customers. The items that are deemed counterfeit are either disposed of or sent for further inspection directly to the publisher, who reserves the right to dispose of the item as well in case it is proved to be inauthentic.

By participating in our buyback program a user guarantees and provides a warrant that any item sent to us is a legitimate copy. If the authenticity of the item sent to our facility for a buyback program cannot be verified and/or the item in question has any signs of being a counterfeit copy, a user acknowledges that no payment is issued for such an item, which is exactly the case.  A user also approves that no return of any item that is determined and/or considered to be counterfeit or fraudulent is possible.

BooksRun always works towards improvement of customers' satisfaction rate and we make our utmost efforts to keep our policy as much customer-oriented and transparent as possible.

Nevertheless, we take trading of counterfeit copies profoundly and apply strict measures towards this matter since it is prohibited by the U.S. Code.

Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused. We do hope for your understanding regarding this matter.

BooksRun Team

BooksRunNever received a check!

I contacted you on 10/24 and was told to wait until 10/9. I still have not received my Check that was sent out 9/11/20 from order # 2010187. I was told to contact you if it was not received my 10/9/20, but Tom The Robot on Live Chat will not answer my questions on the BooksRun website. Why according to the tracking was:
        1. sent before 9/11
        2. sent to PA when I live in NJ?

Also, you have on file that my check was sent 9/11/20.

Tracking Number: 9449037902643856972959

• Updated by Beth40907 · Oct 10, 2020

Sorry not 10/24 I contacted BooksRun on 9/24

• BooksRun's response · Nov 05, 2020

Greetings,

We are sorry to hear that payment check #612100 issued for your buyback order #2010187 on 09/11/2020 has not been delivered to your destination.

By taking a closer look at our email correspondence, we may observe that you indeed contacted us regarding this issue on October 10, 2020. BooksRun representative replied with a confirmation of sending the check to your address and mentioned that if it is not received by you until 10/14/2020, you should contact us again so that we could conduct payment reissue. If our customer does not receive a payment check within the specified timeframe, we are always glad to reissue the funds either via PayPal or by another check. However, no more letters regarding this issue sent from your email address are observed at our mailbox. Note that, per existing policy, there is no fixed expiration date for payment reissue in case of loss in transit or check voidness. We are always happy to assist our customers with this issue since customer satisfaction is our first priority. It means that if you reply to the last letter of our representative, we will be glad to carry out the payment reissue.

Respectfully,

• Updated by Beth40907 · Dec 02, 2020

WHAT"S THE HOLD UP???? Still waiting for a replacement check. See Below: Laсrecia 10:32
            Hello. How may I help you?
            Visitor 10:32
            You have been transferred to: Tom.

Tom 10:36
            Tom the Robot is glad to help you while other agents are not currently available! Would you like to ask about your existing order?
            Visitor 10:36
            Hello?
            why was my check delivered to Phila. PA when I live in NJ?
            Tracking Number: 9449037902643856972959 Your item was delivered at 4:59 pm on September 8, 2020 in PHILADELPHIA, PA 19134. Status Delivered September 8, 2020 at 4:59 pm Delivered PHILADELPHIA, PA 19134 Get Updates
            Visitor 10:41
            Also, you have on file that my check was sent 9/11/20
            Read

Track Another Package +

Track Packages
            Anytime, Anywhere

Get the free Informed Delivery® feature to receive automated notifications on your packages
            Learn More

• BooksRun's response · Dec 11, 2020

Dear Elizabeth,

Please be kindly informed that once you reached out to us regarding the payment reissue, we took all the necessary measures including canceling the initial check.

A new check #620876 for the same amount of funds was sent to the address you have provided on 12/10/2020. Delivery of the check usually takes up from 3 to 20 business days depending on the proximity of your address to our location and the work of the mail carrier. You should receive your check before 01/12/2021.

If you do not receive it within the specified time frame, please get back to us via email so that we could reissue the payment one more time either by check or via PayPal.

All terms and conditions are strictly followed by us and accepted by each our customer when they are submitting an order as such rules have been established for protecting both the customers' and seller's rights. We keep our existing policy as transparent as possible and do not have any intention to hide or reduce payment for no reason which is always well-grounded and supported with the definite evidence.

Best regards,

BooksRunSelling textbooks

Mailed two brand new textbooks, should have received $74.07 for both books, which in itself is a ripoff! They received my books and evidently they were damaged in shipping. They never notified me that the books arrived damaged. They sent them to usps dead mail. One book was a brand new $200 coding book!!! Now I have to figure out how to retrieve my books from the post office!!! This company needs to be held accountable!!!

• BooksRun's response · Aug 21, 2020

Greetings,
              We are so sorry to find out that there were some issues with buyback order #1925315 you placed for 2 items in "Used - Very Good" condition on July 14, 2020. We have investigated the case for you to assist you properly and there are details that have been figured out:
              It appears that, unfortunately, we have not received this package or the items quoted in this buyback order. According to the USPS tracking number (https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=9449037902643856494321) attributed to the label, "Your item could not be delivered or returned to the sender. It is being forwarded to a USPS mail recovery center where it will be processed." Taking into account the mentioned details, the only option to identify the current package's location is to contact USPS support for more details or submit a missing mail search request.
              We would like kindly to remind you that we always offer an insurance for the labels provided so that the contents of the package could be compensated for in case of any issues occurred in transit. in concordance with our Buyback policy: "Each FedEx Ground and FedEx SmartPost label has up to $100 insurance value. The USPS labels do not include insurance; however, the insurance may be purchased by the customer if the buyback quote is lower than $100.The insurance covers only the buyback orders which are lost in transit and the tracking information on the mail carrier's website still indicates the shipment in progress. *USPS insurance for the packages higher than $100 is optional for the customer and is not at the expense of BooksRun."
              Unfortunately, since the package has never been received by us as well as no insurance was provided by you, the payment for this order cannot be initiated. As an experienced and established participant at the textbooks market, we are eager to provide high quality service to our customers, and we have no interest in deceiving or holding the payment from clients. We strive to sustain our earned reputation among other established buyback companies, and we continue to work hard on keeping our policy as transparent as possible.

BooksRunselling books

The BookRun does not email updates, so you must go into your order online using the app or webpage. I sold them $42.00 worth of books. They contacted me once about processing my books and told me my order would be completed shortly. After issuing a second customer service email to BookRun they ignored my email and canceled my order. There was still no contact from BookRun about these changes. They have not issued my order back to me or told me why they decided to cancel my order. I fell their lack of communication means they will keep the books I sold them and not pay me. This action is them stealing from me, and I will be forced to file a legal police complaint if they do no resolve the issue in a timely manner. Please, look into this issue and help me find the resolution.

• BooksRun's response · Jan 10, 2020

Greetings, We have looked deep into the matter with buyback order #1614713 upon the customer's request. Once contacted on January 5, 2020 by him, the response was provided right within 24 business hours after the mail correspondence sent. The customer was indeed upset with the order processing delay, however, we kept him updated that due to the high and holiday season, we are currently experiencing significant delays and constantly warn our valued customer about such a case with notifications via email. We have recently been receiving a bunch of orders and due to heavy workload and limited human sources not all orders could be processed at once, thus, we do request customers for patience and understanding at such moments since we indeed work hard to process every single order carefully and promptly.

Taking into account the situation with order #1614713, the order was successfully processed on January 10, 2020 since there was an adjustment of the quote on 1 item that has detached pages and thus, cannot be processed at the original quote in accordance with our BooksRun Terms and Conditions within which the customer agreed to cooperate with us. Being aware of such a policy, we still made a courtesy for him and offered a free-of-charge return for the item under dispute and pay for the rest 2 items successfully processed. It appears that the customer confirmed our actions and at this point the case should be closed due to the required resolution provided by us in a timely manner.

We are sorry to find out that the customer expressed his dissatisfaction for not receiving the payment as he expected. We cannot naturally prevent our valued customers from expressing their subjective opinion on different platforms concerning the experience of doing business with us. Quite the opposite, customers should provide the just impression of collaborating with our venue so that potential users could have an objective outlook on our services. Nonetheless, such reviews should be relatively fair since we always do strive to provide the high-quality service and earn a reputable image among our customers and other companies. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and do hope for your understanding of the matter at hand. Respectfully BooksRun Team

BooksRunorder number 1559892

Received check for 43.73 on 11/04/2019 that was cut on 10/18/2019 when I went to Capital One, N.A. to cash the check the bank informed me that their account said it was not set for positive pay. I called the customer service number and was told they would research with their bank why it was saying that and would get back with me in 2 to 3 business days. I advised them if I do not have my check reissued and overnighted to me tomorrow or have not heard of it being turned to positive pay then I will be researching to press fraud charges as they knowingly sent a check out for products that they knew would not be cashed.

order number 1559892

• Updated by Crystal Rogers · Nov 05, 2019

I resolved this on my own.

• BooksRun's response · Nov 07, 2019

Dear Crystal, We are sorry to find out that the check received was not scanned properly for the first time due to poor equipment used or due to any other reason. We also inderstand your concerns regarding the payment that could not be deposited at once. Please let us explain the occurred situation with your check. Such a payment may be deposited via both ways, either via cash machine or by the bank representative at a bank department. It appears that due to poor scanning of the check received, it cannot be cashed out promptly since the incorrect data were sent to our bank for verification, which is why, looks like the check was rejected to be deposited. Once you contacted us directly, we contacted the bank right away for data verification so that the check could be properly validated afterwards.
                  Please accept our genuine apologies concerning the matter occurred, nonetheless, hundreds of payments are issued in our company and all of them go through successfully if proper instructions are followed. We are happy to find out that the issue has been resolved by any means since we strive to help our valued customers out in a timely manner with the appropriate resolutions since the high-quality services is the key to success. We hope that such a case will not affect our future cooperation and we will see you among our valued customers more in the future. Regards, BooksRun Team

• BooksRun's response · Nov 07, 2019

Dear Crystal, We are sorry to find out that the check received was not scanned properly for the first time due to poor equipment used or due to any other reason. We also understand your concerns regarding the payment that could not be deposited at once. Please let us explain the occurred situation with your check. Such a payment may be deposited via both ways, either via cash machine or by the bank representative at a bank department. It appears that due to poor scanning of the check received, it cannot be cashed out promptly since the incorrect data were sent to our bank for verification, which is why, looks like the check was rejected to be deposited. Once you contacted us directly, we contacted the bank right away for data verification so that the check could be properly validated afterwards.

BooksRunbuy back of 2 books

Order #1465178 was quoted $33.77 refund and I was sent .74 cents! One of the books was brand new. How do I received my books back or my money.

Booksrun has shorted me before however I was not notified of the change or offered a return of my books.

This has required a fair amount of time and no resolution. I have contacted them in the past and was never answered.

Please help.

• BooksRun's response · Aug 20, 2019

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review.

By checking the details of your order #1465178, looks like we have received a complimentary copy and an instructor's edition instead of the student's editions originally quoted in the order. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept alternate editions at the buyback price of regular student editions. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Emails with this information and an opportunity to request a return were sent to your contact email address on July 30, 2019 and August 2, 2019. A representative will also reach out to you with more information.

BooksRunbuyback

On May 25, 2019, I sent two books to books run for buyback. I was quoted $68.88 for the books and was notified that was the amount I was going to be paid. My books were in good condition. I still have not received the check, and it was to be sent by July 8. On the website, however, it says 'Paid'. My order number is 1397897. I am frustrated with this situation, as it has taken a long time and each time I try to contact Books Run through their chat, they don't respond once I tell them I have not been paid.

• BooksRun's response · Jul 19, 2019

Dear Amy,

Looks like the check for your buyback order was sent to the address you have provided on June 10, 2019. If you have not received the check, please contact our support team to request for the check to be reissued.

If you do not have a question which can be answered by our chatbot, please send us a message using our contact form on the website (https://booksrun.com/contacts), and a support representative will respond to you shortly.

BooksRunthey cancelled my paypal payment

My order number #1392434 I received a link to claim my money on PayPal but when I clicked the link it said the transaction no longer exist. The order total was for $63.44. I want my money! They need to resend a link so I can receive the money as it was canceled before I could even use the link says PayPal! I emailed and have yet to hear anything back!

• BooksRun's response · Jun 13, 2019

Dear Shakayla,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review.

By checking the details of our order, the payment in the amount of $63.44 was issued to the PayPal account you have provided in your profile details. The email address associated with your PayPal account is the same as your contact email address.

According to PayPal, the transaction has not been cancelled and has been successfully completed and the funds transferred to you. If you have any issues accessing your account or claiming the funds, please contact PayPal support.

Please check your inbox and spam folder since all the details and responses to your inquiries were sent to your email address.

BooksRunsent book

I submitted my order over the past week of 06/02/19 to BooksRun.com. The website said my order had been delivered and so did USPS. I have been waiting for my payment since. Now when I sign into my account, it says that no such order exists. I cant provide an order number when I attempt to contact them because it appears the order does not exist. I know my book has arrived to their facility due to the tracking number. I knew where to send my book because BooksRun.com provided me with a slip to send off my package. I need to be paid for my book that was sent and the order number needs to be found

RESOLVED

I emailed them and they explained the mistake

BooksRunnot getting payment

My order 1333062 was sent ($187 total) over a month ago and I never received my payment!!! Extremely upset and they even deducted the price for it not being shipped on time when it was sent the next day I made the order!!! I want answers now. No phone number to even contact anyone. I have sent a message to their contact email multiple times and no one has responded!!

• BooksRun's response · May 22, 2019

Dear Maya,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that your package was lost in transit. Unfortunately, such situations do happen as 1 or 2% of packages get lost or destroyed during shipping.

As mentioned in an email to you from a customer support representative, a missing mail search is being submitted and all efforts are made to locate the contents of the package. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you have any other questions or need any additional details, please use the contact form on our website: https://booksrun.com/contacts. Our phone number is located in the FAQ section of the website.

Jan 23, 2019

BooksRun — selling my books and not receiving correct total

This is to booksrun manager; I've emailed about it but was given a threat of having three days to confirm I...

Jan 19, 2019

BooksRun — claiming books were incomplete set

I sent a set of two items - a brand new statistics book (although it was out of its shrink wrap) and the...

Jan 09, 2019

BooksRun — buyback scam

There is no water damage on the book, but the book was sent in perfect condition. I have photos to prove it...

BooksRun — payment

Hello, To Whom This Compliant Concerns, BooksRun bought back two books from me for $37.51. When I went to...

BooksRun — I haven't received my payment and it's been over 2 weeks since they received the books

Please issue the payment asap this is horrible customer service how are you going l have me send the book...

BooksRun — book buyback

order 1013285 i was quoted a price on selling them 6 books. they gave me 5 days to ship the books from the...

BooksRunnot receiving my book not getting a product refund

I bought two textbooks here and then sent them separately - One was left at my door the other went to my USPS office as it needed a signature. I work over an hour away from the office where it was sent and had no way to pick it up. When I finally got a day to go there they had sent it back to the sender. BooksRun never contacted me that this book came back nor did they try to resend it. I have been trying to get in contact with someone from there to resend it or refund my money. The book was just under $200.00! I cannot believe there is no number to call and I have to send Facebook messages, emails, and messages through their site with no answer. I just want a refund or my book as I need it for school! If this does not get resolved I will never shop here again!

• BooksRun's response · Sep 25, 2018

Greetings, thank you for sharing your impression. According to our information, the identical feedback was also left on Trustpilot.com (https://www.trustpilot.com/users/5b86be224de5666d3483e514), where we also contacted you through the "Find the reviewer" tool. However, no information requested (correct contact email address, order number) was received by us, thus, the review was reported for breach of guidelines. The information also was not provided through Facebook, despite the fact that we contacted you promptly after receiving your first message. In order for us to further investigate the issue, please provide the required information. Until then, the complaint submitted does not have grounds to correspond to our business activity as it is not supported by any factual order information. Respectfully, BooksRun Team