Having problems with AuthorHouse?

AuthorHouse Customer Service Contacts

1888 519 5121 (United States)
+1 812 339 6000 (International)
1663 Liberty Drive
Bloomington, Indiana

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AuthorHouse Customer Service. Initial AuthorHouse complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AuthorHouse above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AuthorHouse. Discuss the issues you have had with AuthorHouse and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Authorhousebook royalties stolen

chip hustler published by author house my aunt who is the writer of this book has never has never received any money for her book they are being sold all over the world and my aunt im her niece power of attorney i am want justice for her and many other she is laid up in rehab in las vegas and i cant go see her she had a stroke she worked hard her whole life only to be taken advantage of from author house at metlife reverse mortgage that too needs look into stealing her house equites Barbara Nancy Lee

book royalties stolen
book royalties stolen

AuthorhouseBook publishing

This company uses deceptive and unfair selling practices. They have $12K of my money, they have performed no tangible services for me, with the exception of 3 marketing flyers. They have missed deadline after deadline and cost me money. My book/project wont roll out as planned and I cancelled my order and they have kept all my money.

They NEVER shared with me pricing of what they would charge and I would make for my book. Once I paid the $12K they showed me that I would barely make any money and when I complained they said too bad. They kept all my money I think they may be insolvent as their employees told me they let go 50% of their staff and every employee I spoke with stated they know there are issues as other customers are complaining also.

Help!!!

Sep 28, 2020

Authorhouse — New York Times best seller list

I sent them over $5.8k back in May under the belief that they would get me on the list. I gave them...

AuthorhouseExtortion

I do not have a specific date for the exact extortion because they have taken thousands of dollars from me on several occasions with promises of "world wide marketing, " and a "review by someone from the New York Times." Both of those examples, after inquiring about the lack of results on my expensive investments, have actually "never happened." I have hundreds of emails as proof and I have proof of purchases that were never carried out by Authorhouse. I need a proper email to forward proof of what was promised to me, what was "carried out", emails, etc.

AuthorhouseXlibris not paying me and still harassing me

I would like to be part of a class action lawsuit. Xlibris has Ben scamming me for years. I haven't been able to log in to see what has been sold for years. They won't help me. I have been harassed by them since 2014 sometimes 3 times a day. It is 2020 and they are still doing it. I've asked multiple times to leave me alone. I've also tried to get my intellectual property back and they refuse. This has to stop.

AuthorhouseI have gotten my book published but never getting my real actually royalty check.

I have gotting my book publish, but never gotting real actually royalty check. Had send prive that it was a few days best seller. I send prove they press release my book on broadway news in new york city were celebrites like al pacino, jennifer hudson, & beyonce. They told me that was not prove it sold. They never gave me. My real actually royalty check. They gave me a fake check of $2.00. Authorhouse is just a company for themselves.

Sincerely,
          Franklon rashaude voss

AuthorhouseAuthorhouse

I paid 800 quid plus to get my book published they sent me back a rubbish cheap looking copy two pages the same. The images the wrong way around so there was large white blanks on each page. Unsellable n put at a retail price to high. They are only interested in making money for themselves. They do not care about anyone I cancelled the book becoz it was rubbish n embarrassing yet they still have it for sale over a range of websites. N send me n email for discount on book publication becoz of coronovirus how disgusting is this company I advise anyone to stay well away from this scam n fraud

Authorhouseauthorhouse book publishers

Published with Authorhouse back in 2014 and received only one royalty check for 99 cents. Ridiculous. Always telling me the book wasnt selling enough copies to receive a royalty check. I dont beleive them. Never have gotten anymore checks. Fraud company to be sure. This publisher takes money from me the author and promises you it will be a big hit in the book market stores. They do not respond to questions of how many of your books they have sold or when you can expect another royalty check. They just want you to order books on your on to sell yourself or pay for more advertising. They really talk a good game and mess with your head that your book is the greatest but after they publish it which matter of fact was a lousy job of color and print you never hear anything back from them about how your book is doing in the bookstores. Could have sold a million copies for all I know but me the author as of 2019 has received only 99 cent! Stay away from them .

Authorhouseel elyon

Effective immediately I am canceling my contact with you. Due to fraud, malfeasance, and breach of my work. I want released all properties related to el elyon, manuscript gallery, pictures. Removed from you incurring any money any source well as well as ibsn. If this is not sent to me within 10 business days I will be forced to contact my atty. ALSO any funds on video not completed.
                Rev Gary Emas

Authorhousevery bad client service

Despite being a client for AuthorHouse many times. Every time they try to make extra money from mistakes in figures clarity after printing. The staff and / or the company doesn't appreciate at all the coming back clients. Delivery is always late. The marketing team they try only to get you chained with more contracts.

Worse you can't reach the staff top management.. they kept barriers to ensure they don't hear their client services.

Authorhousepublishing

My book was created fine last year. HOWEVER they made the pricing too high for a children's storybook. No one will pay $20 for a book. I asked if it could be changed and they said no. They said it was determined by the number of pages BUT, at no point did they tell me that. I would have taken away two pages. I spent a lot of money for a book I can't sell.

May 30, 2019

Authorhouse — book publishing

I paid $600 for the basic package and just when I thought my book was being set up at he printers for...

Authorhousestill charging my credit card.

A couple of months ago, I called and spoke to someone explaining I wanted to cancel my ALC subscription. To date...they have not stopped the emails and continue to charge my Wells Fargo Visa Card. I don't use the service and want it Stopped! My name is Bryan Smith, my books published by Authorhouse are Funumbers and Geological History of Yosemite Lakes Park.

Jan 21, 2019

Authorhouse — trying to my get my cookbook new groove fusion publish

author house is a scam I have been dealing with them for 151/2 years from 2003 to present. Trying to get a...

Jan 07, 2019

Authorhouse — book: "forgotten lost and hidden america"

Author House publishing gave me an offer I couldn't refuse to publish a second book for me title Forgotten...

Authorhouse — no refund forthcoming after cancelling a publishing package.

A quote was received to publish my second book "My Zimbabwean Odyssey - The Sequel" in September 2018. The...

Authorhouse — print on demand, book publisher

Greetings, I published a book with Authorhouse in 2015 and was not satisfied with the accountability in...

Author House — book publishing

I signed a contract with authorhouse under the cheapest package they had, they took out the first month'...

Authorhouseself publishing scam authorhouse

In 2009 and 2010 I published two different books with Authorhouse

I know that the books have had reasonable sales yet I have still not received my royalty cheques.

I have sent over 200 emails and they say they cannot pay me as I do not have a UK bank account. Why would I when I live in New Zealand???

I have files of their lies but what can I do?? One of my books they say is in the name of another person when clearly I wrote it as its nonfiction.

It has been the worst experience I have ever had with a business and it's unbelievable that they get away with it

• Us
                            user1894225 Aug 22, 2018

hello. my books have been on sale since via author house since 2017 people have been in touch positive people and they have purchased these books yet author house has not been correct and I have not received my royalties .Its not fare very cruel Amanda forbes Devil and Demons and lifeOF A page three model .I am HORRIFIED AT THIS PLEASE SEND ME MY CHEQUE ASAP .because T, V are wanting interviews or reply [email protected]

Authorhouse — royalties

By now I am sure it is quite clear to anyone that Authorhouse is a wildly disreputable company. With the...