[Resolved] BooksRun — book buyback scam-beware!
Total scam! We sent them our book from my daughter's summer college Psychology class which she used for the class and purchased through a legitimate seller. After receiving a quote from BooksRun we sent it off as they requested. Today I received their reply that it was counterfeit and won't pay us anything (0$)! AND we have to pay $8.9to get it back!! So they get the book or we end up paying them in the end??!! My 15 year old daughter used her own money from savings to take this college course over the summer, so she really wanted to get something back from the book- textbooks are expensive and she paid more than they quoted her anyway! So upset for her! Not sure I want to pay this kind of company any money- but they have the book hostage.
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
More BooksRun Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] BooksRun.com - unauthorized charge 
- [Resolved] BooksRun - textbook buyback - scam!!! 
- [Resolved] BooksRun - textbook buyback 
- [Resolved] BooksRun.com - I will not use this service again! 
- [Resolved] BooksRun - unethical behavior
- [Resolved] BooksRun - selling my books and not receiving correct total
- [Resolved] BooksRun - I sent books to be bought back using booksrun packing slip and instructions
- BooksRun - crooks
- [Resolved] BooksRun - order number 1559892
- [Resolved] BooksRun - selling textbooks