[Resolved] BooksRunbook buyback scam-beware!

L Aug 18, 2018

Total scam! We sent them our book from my daughter's summer college Psychology class which she used for the class and purchased through a legitimate seller. After receiving a quote from BooksRun we sent it off as they requested. Today I received their reply that it was counterfeit and won't pay us anything (0$)! AND we have to pay $8.9to get it back!! So they get the book or we end up paying them in the end??!! My 15 year old daughter used her own money from savings to take this college course over the summer, so she really wanted to get something back from the book- textbooks are expensive and she paid more than they quoted her anyway! So upset for her! Not sure I want to pay this kind of company any money- but they have the book hostage.

• BooksRun's response · Sep 25, 2018

Greetings, we appreciate you submitting the feedback. According to our data, in your order, we have indeed received an item, the authenticity of which could not be verified. Please note that we take this matter very seriously, as counterfeit items are illegal for purchase and sale (distribution of counterfeit copies is prohibited by US Code). As for the return shipping cost, for your order an exception was made and the item was sent back to your address free of any charge; the book has been successfully delivered back: https://track.easypost.com/djE6dHJrXzg2Yzc1NjRmOTZhYzRiODNhNTQxNjg0NjdhZmVmYTEw. Thus, the issue was successfully resolved. Thank you for being our valued customer. Respectfully, BooksRun Team

• Resolution Statement