America's Test Kitchen Logo

America's Test Kitchen

Having problems with America's Test Kitchen?

America's Test Kitchen Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with America's Test Kitchen Customer Service. Initial America's Test Kitchen complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for America's Test Kitchen above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about America's Test Kitchen. Discuss the issues you have had with America's Test Kitchen and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

America's Test KitchenAdam’s misogyny

I buy each season on Amazon so I can support the show, I was happy when CK left, (although sad Dan Souza didn't go with him since he is basically a little mini CK.) I luv the new addition of Ellie and Lam and glad there is more Brian and Keith, but on this weeks episode (S20, Ep21) Adam told Julia "put that knife down - you're scaring me". Really? - wake up Adam - you are going to disrespect Julia like that? So gross, and a sign that he needs to either shut up, be replaced, or maybe take a class. That was a real turn off and will have me just fast-forwarding through his segments. I was shocked particularly on this show when it is always just supposed to be about the cooking, his lame attempt at humor that questions a great female chef sickened me. Editors should have cut this out, I expect better of ATK!

America's Test Kitchensubscription

They offer a free two week subscription and present the subscription as costing $4.18 a month after that but charge the whole $49.95 and refuse to refund any of it if you cancel even 15 days later. I subscribed for the free period on dec 24 2018 and cancelled on jan 10 2019. I assumed based on the sales pitch that I would be charged monthly so the charges would stop. When I cancelled there was no mention that I had already been charged almost $50 and would not get a refund. When I realized what had happened I called back and two reps and two supervisors stonewalled and blamed me for not reading the conditions (which they know no one reads).

It is obvious that their business practices are a fraudulent scam designed to get people's money they do not realize they are being charged and not return it.

America's Test Kitchen — subscription memberships

I purchased a subscription membership thinking I was getting access to many recipes. They market heavily and...

America's Test Kitchenwrong product received, unwilling to make it right.

I ordered the 2017 Annual hardcover book for my fiancé for this Christmas at the beginning of December, which was within the regulated shipping allotted time to receive it before Christmas. On December 19th I received the package, only to my shock that it was a copy of "Cooking for two" magazine and the order form had the wrong name and address in it. Upon my first encounter with ATK customer service the woman was sympathetic and willing to look into getting it Expressed shipped as I live in Canada as this was an extremely important Christmas gift and after all the company messed up and with standard shipping I clearly would not be receiving it before Christmas. As the supervisors had all gone home for the day and I was reassured it would be made right and that I would receive a call the following morning from this representative. I never heard back and when I called back the next day I was informed that they would be reimbursing me $7.95 for shipping and handling and receiving a free digital download of some sort. While I have already had to pay $11.73 for duty for a magazine I didn't order and will have to pay it again when my actual item comes in. As the supervisors were much to busy to speak with a loyal customer, they agreed to refund me the price of the book. I understand that some people would be happy with this, but frankly I am not. I don't want the extra things, because they don't make up for the fact that the company messed up and that my fiance will not have a gift to open on Christmas, after an exceptionally hard year. The only thing I asked ATK was to express my package as there are 4 days left until Christmas and that would be the only way it would have a chance of getting here, but no. Apparently they do not ship express to Canada under any circumstances. I would like to also point out that during all this I remained polite and calm and treated your customer service agents with respect, and sadly the ole mighty dollar wins again versus remembering that your customers are people with families just like you and not just paying your wages. Next time, offer to ship express especially around Christmas, even if it doesn't make it in time, it will show you at least tried rather than just trying to make it right by giving away "free stuff" because frankly I wasn't looking for freebies, I just wanted to see a smile on my fiancé's face come Christmas morning when he opened up this book.

America's Test Kitchen — the show itself

I've always liked the two girls that are kind of running it but when they were cooking not talking to each...

America's Test Kitchen — annual cookbook

I haven't subscribed to Cook's Country Magazine for several years. Despite that, I continue to receive an...

America's Test Kitchen — cookbook order

Customer number [protected] Order number: [protected] Background: Ordered 3 cookbooks December 9th. Received...

America's Test Kitchen — deception

Deceptive business practices and poor customer service. While trying to clear up incorrect billing for...

America's Test Kitchen — unethical business practices

I agree with others on this board. Complete unethical business practices. I have tried numerous attempts to...

America's Test Kitchen / ATK TV Show Cookbook Season 12 — received & charged for book not ordered

In 2009 I ordered a Cookbook from America's Test Kitchen (not a subscription). I have just received the...

America's Test Kitchen — unwanted material

Unwanted books. Keeps sending books that I do not want. Informed them to NOT SEND any more books. I paid for...

America's Test Kitchen — unethical business practices

For years I have received America's Test Kitchen cookbooks. This past year, I started receiving overdue...