Menu
America's Test Kitchen
reviews & complaints

America's Test Kitchen
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

13 complaints
3 resolved 10 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of America's Test Kitchen. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
S
3:30 pm EST

America's Test Kitchen - Subscription free trial

I received a free trial for 14 days at America's Test Kitchen, Country Cooks and another online cooking recipe subscription. I emailed them 13 days out to cancel. on day 14 my credit card was charged$49.95, all the phone numbers for them do not connect me to customer service. I'm not sure how to resolve this issue. I want my credit card to be credited back and I want to verbally cancel over the phone with a customer service representative. Thank you

Desired outcome: Refund on, for subscription, I canceled via email 1 day prior to free trail ending

J
2:07 pm EDT

America's Test Kitchen - Adam’s misogyny

I buy each season on Amazon so I can support the show, I was happy when CK left, (although sad Dan Souza didn't go with him since he is basically a little mini CK.) I luv the new addition of Ellie and Lam and glad there is more Brian and Keith, but on this weeks episode (S20, Ep21) Adam told Julia "put that knife down - you're scaring me". Really? - wake up Adam - you are going to disrespect Julia like that? So gross, and a sign that he needs to either shut up, be replaced, or maybe take a class. That was a real turn off and will have me just fast-forwarding through his segments. I was shocked particularly on this show when it is always just supposed to be about the cooking, his lame attempt at humor that questions a great female chef sickened me. Editors should have cut this out, I expect better of ATK!

4:58 pm EST

America's Test Kitchen - subscription

They offer a free two week subscription and present the subscription as costing $4.18 a month after that but charge the whole $49.95 and refuse to refund any of it if you cancel even 15 days later. I subscribed for the free period on dec 24 2018 and cancelled on jan 10 2019. I assumed based on the sales pitch that I would be charged monthly so the charges would stop. When I cancelled there was no mention that I had already been charged almost $50 and would not get a refund. When I realized what had happened I called back and two reps and two supervisors stonewalled and blamed me for not reading the conditions (which they know no one reads).

It is obvious that their business practices are a fraudulent scam designed to get people's money they do not realize they are being charged and not return it.

A
11:46 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a subscription membership thinking I was getting access to many recipes. They market heavily and email recipes. I also go to their website to search for recipes. However, I'm each of these cases, the recipes I want to access, 9 times out of 10, require me to upgrade my membership. This is false advertising as well as a bait and switch racket.

View 0 more photos
12:20 pm EST

America's Test Kitchen - wrong product received, unwilling to make it right.

I ordered the 2017 Annual hardcover book for my fiancé for this Christmas at the beginning of December, which was within the regulated shipping allotted time to receive it before Christmas. On December 19th I received the package, only to my shock that it was a copy of "Cooking for two" magazine and the order form had the wrong name and address in it. Upon my first encounter with ATK customer service the woman was sympathetic and willing to look into getting it Expressed shipped as I live in Canada as this was an extremely important Christmas gift and after all the company messed up and with standard shipping I clearly would not be receiving it before Christmas. As the supervisors had all gone home for the day and I was reassured it would be made right and that I would receive a call the following morning from this representative. I never heard back and when I called back the next day I was informed that they would be reimbursing me $7.95 for shipping and handling and receiving a free digital download of some sort. While I have already had to pay $11.73 for duty for a magazine I didn't order and will have to pay it again when my actual item comes in. As the supervisors were much to busy to speak with a loyal customer, they agreed to refund me the price of the book. I understand that some people would be happy with this, but frankly I am not. I don't want the extra things, because they don't make up for the fact that the company messed up and that my fiance will not have a gift to open on Christmas, after an exceptionally hard year. The only thing I asked ATK was to express my package as there are 4 days left until Christmas and that would be the only way it would have a chance of getting here, but no. Apparently they do not ship express to Canada under any circumstances. I would like to also point out that during all this I remained polite and calm and treated your customer service agents with respect, and sadly the ole mighty dollar wins again versus remembering that your customers are people with families just like you and not just paying your wages. Next time, offer to ship express especially around Christmas, even if it doesn't make it in time, it will show you at least tried rather than just trying to make it right by giving away "free stuff" because frankly I wasn't looking for freebies, I just wanted to see a smile on my fiancé's face come Christmas morning when he opened up this book.

R
7:42 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've always liked the two girls that are kind of running it but when they were cooking not talking to each other you need to bring Christopher Kimball back because this show has gone very very very downhill it's not even worth watching my 14 year old daughter is so upset she cried it's terrible uninteresting without him you might as well go off of the air it's just horrible I'm sorry

Y
9:07 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I haven't subscribed to Cook's Country Magazine for several years. Despite that, I continue to receive an annual notice that I will automatically be sent their annual cookbook. I don't want it. I haven't asked for it. In order to decline it, I have to mail their postcard back to them. I've done that and despite my effort, I still rec'd the cookbook and...

C
9:42 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Customer number [protected] Order number: [protected] Background: Ordered 3 cookbooks December 9th. Received shipping confirmation December 11th; charged my credit card December 12th. On December 28th I called to complain the books never arrived. Called January 5. They claimed they re-shipped them January 5th, and they would arrive in 2-3 WEEKS!!! The kicker...

N
10:01 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Deceptive business practices and poor customer service. While trying to clear up incorrect billing for services not used was told America's Test Kitchen wasn't the website I signed up for services on. This at the same time the charges hit my credit card bill labelled ATK.com and the customer service rep even had a @americastestkitchen.com email address!

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I agree with others on this board. Complete unethical business practices. I have tried numerous attempts to cancel all products (magazines, web subscription etc) some of which I have no idea how they got started. They automatically deduct charges from my debit card and then leave no possible way to get back to them to cancel. Phone says they 'don't have...

11:34 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In 2009 I ordered a Cookbook from America's Test Kitchen (not a subscription). I have just received the second unordered / unwanted cookbook. With the book was an invoice for $29.95, also stating "I am to return by UPS or insured parcel post (sorry, we cannot be responsible) and Pay Postage (Sorry, we cannot accept C.O.D.)". So, essentially, I receive an...

7:37 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Unwanted books. Keeps sending books that I do not want. Informed them to NOT SEND any more books. I paid for 2 orders that was sent but had informed them to not send anymore as I would not pay for anymore books. Sent anyhow!!! I refused to send back or pay them anymore after informing them twice.

D
8:51 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

For years I have received America's Test Kitchen cookbooks. This past year, I started receiving overdue notices for books I either never ordered or had yet to receive. This happened most recently with their 2010 Annual recipes. My "2nd notice" overdue came before the book (which actually arrived a full week later). I sent my payment with what I freely admit...

America's Test Kitchen contacts

Most discussed America's Test Kitchen complaints

received & charged for book not ordered
(opinions to this review)