Menu
Home Travel & Vacations Booking.com CSR
I
Author of the complaint
10:15 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I booked room through at studio6 thru your site con#[protected] Charles Beauchamp [protected]@yahoo.com. I only had 1320 in bank after my vacation. I had checked out of studio6 on 11-26 took vacation then rebooked thru booking.com at cheaper price they refused to allow me to check in and said I had to cancel reservation and pay directly thru them. I called booking.com CSR and was assured I would be relocated at studio6's expense and then proceeded to be told whatever I wanted to here by 4 reps to keep passing the buck. one rep hung up and another faked like they couldnt here me anymore. the 1st two reps basically swore on there lives I would be reimbursed for difference in price 2nd one told me to rent a room tonight and call back when I find a place. 3rd rep told me that was wrong and sent me and email for place on airbnb where I would share bathroom in house with 4 other people said if I didnt like I could just reply no. I told him that wouldnt work and he hung up.

called back cause issue would be resolved if I could split my month reservation in half book room for 14 days get back to work and I would have money for 2nd half in 7-10 days 4th rep said that would work even suggested it when that was what I was saying whole time so I asked her to send me and email confirming she approved me to do that she said yes at 1st then I am pretty sure she talked to someone else and said oh u dont need that I said I wanted as prove then she could here me any more.

I arrived at studio6 at 230pm it is now 1240pm I have been looking for places and sitting in parking lost on hold all day and still no answer resolution for tomorrow

Helpful? 0 0

More Booking.com complaints & reviews

Booking.com - never give your credit card details to booking.com
Booking.com - scam
Booking.com - bad service
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Booking.com - to cancel hotel reservation
Booking.com - defamatory review
Booking.com - fraudulent invicing
1 comments
C
Dec 08, 2021 10:15 pm

I booked Castle View Apartment on Royal Mile, Edinburgh for two nights, I was given the email address to contact owner to make arrangements to pick up keys. Sent an email a day prior to arrival and received no reply. Sent a text, left numerous messages on ansaphone asking him to return our call. Turned up at accommodation at appointed time. Contacted Booking.com who said they would make contact with owner and would respond to me within half an hour. No-one called, rang them again and told booking was no longer available, we were stranded in Edinburgh. We were told alternative accommodation in same area at same cost would be sent through within half an hour. The alternative accommodation offered was at Murrayfield, definitely not in the vicinity we had booked. They then sent through an email to say our first booking had been cancelled and a refund would be made within next 7-12 days, what if I had required the money to pay for alternative accommodation? They did however offer to repay any additional costs involved with alternative accommodation they proposed. It's shocking that this can happen and the renter not respond to messages, to say this spoiled our holiday is an understatement. I asked if renter will remain on their books but they ignored the question. Have a nice day was lost on me!

0 0
ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1154 complaints