Resolved Bob Evansunhappy about the new kind of chicken salad

Sunday July, 20th we had dinner at BobEvans restaurant on Glenway #342. Everything was great except my chicken salad sandwich. It was not the regular chicken that I have been having there for the last few years.

I have been eating your chicken salad or chicken salad plate for a long time.

What I received was nothing like I expected. It was very juicy and had other items in it that were not there before. There were tiny pieces of something green [maybe pickle relish] and also something red.

It had little or no taste at all. Please let me know if this is what you will be serving.

If all possible change back to the old chicken salad. I know I will not order it any more if it doesn't change back to what you usually serve.

Thanks for listening to me.

• Fr
    Fred complaints Apr 29, 2010

Bob Evans provides a survey code which is supposed to enter the customer a chance to win $5, 000. However, when entering the indicated web site - www.bobevans.com/sweepstakes - the customer is given a whole list of sweepstakes sites that do not have anything to do with the $5, ooo chance to win. There is no place to enter the survey code on any of these sites. Therefore one can only conclude that the opportunity to enter the bobevans sweepstakes is not available. If the opportunity is not available, Bob Evans should stop indicating on their receipts that the opportunity exists, when, in fact, it doesn't.

• Ra
    razorlady May 07, 2010

I to tried to enter the sweepstake. It also took me to other sites. What is up with that? Stop putting it on receipts if you cant enter.
    Debary, fl

janalewski May 09, 2010

I also have also attempted to enter the sweepstakes without success. The server was so adament about entering and even circled the number. I even tried both upper and lower case. How about an answer? jankor

• Di
    Diana Oct 25, 2010

Everything about our visit to Sidney Bob Evans was fantastic up until two young men sat down at a table beside ours. Unfortunally thats when my wife and I heard such perversion that we decided to get boxes and finish eating at home. Dont get me wrong having fun at work is one thing however some of the conversation we heard was beyond respectfull. This waiter loudly suggested licking the butt until it puckered up, and sucking the young mans balls (the other customer). These are just a few of the comments made. The rest were just as bad or worse, I thought Bob Evans was a family restuarant.

• Po
    Pork Mar 02, 2011

If you're 55 and over and think the seniors menu is a good deal, think again. The lower price is because you get less food -- not a discount!

When I ordered the open-face beef sandwich, it didn't come with a 2nd side - just the mashed potatoes & gravy. The waiter must have noticed my disappointment so he offered to include the baby carrots that was going to order as a 2nd side, until I found out they weren't included on the seniors meal. He said he'd give them to me anyway. I thought that was quite nice of him...until I received the bill. Instead of being charged $7.29, $9.29 was the amount on the bill. When I questioned it, he said that was because I order the carrots as a 2nd side, put the ticket back on the table and walked away. There have been times we've gone to Bob Evans and the manager gave us complimentary food, so I thought that's what the waiter was offering (carrots at no extra charge). Live & learn! Always ask for clarification ahead of time!

• Wt
    wthom Jul 18, 2014

My favorite meal used to be your chicken salad plate but it no longer tastes the same so I don't get it anymore. I used to brag about it to people but not anymore. Please go back to the good stuff. I think for the price you can afford it. Mr. Bob Evans would not be happy! Wt

• Al
    Allessa Jan 05, 2019

Grocery item did not meet my expectations ! Not enough eggs in it.

• El
    Elma Gentry Feb 11, 2019

Was at Bob Evans this morning 1-21-19, food and service was bad.Cost me 35.00, would like a refund please

Elma Gentry
    3644 Sarah St Franklin, Ohio 45005

Had to wait a long time for food after ordering.
    had to ask for silverware 3 times, food was cold, no refill on coffee .Brought me wrong potatoes.

• Jl
    Jlfam May 13, 2019

We came in as a family and the service was horrible!! Asked to talk to the manager just as rude and dirty looking!! The food was horrible and wrong!
    You guys are loosing business in this Canton mi location! I have never seen a dirty restaurant and employee and management absolutely disgusting!!
    I hope you get this under control before it's closed

Jackiev2 May 18, 2019

Second time i have been there and got cold food. This time it want just me it was are whole group of 8.well never go back to that location. I guess they like to serv cold food. Server was good . resturanr was not busy so not sure why we got cold food

• Sh
    Sherry hart May 25, 2019

Stopped after work to get the fruit and chicken salad just like I have bought for years- the service size was like a medium size ice cream scoop- I went home hungry- disappointed . It used to be in a bowl and hardy - not anymore

Mary Zalusky Jun 02, 2019

bought this product and when I opened it the smell was off. When I put it into the frying pan, half the product was white and the other half was yellowish-organge. Threw the product out, as it really smelled.

Requesting coupons to replace this item.

• De
    Debbie Dunlap Jun 08, 2019

The chicken salad was awful and full of garlic which makes me very sick. It was a waste of my money and I couldn't eat because of the garlic. I use to love the chicken salad and bragged to everyone about how good it was. I won't be getting it again.

• Mi
    Mike shook Jun 11, 2019

My wife and recently stopped at your Bob Evans Restaurant #570 in Defiance Ohio I ordered the Wildfire Chicken Salad I order that almost every time I visit your Restaurant. This time I ordered it I was extremely disappointed the chicken didn't have the wild fire glaze on it . The salad itself for supposed to be the dinner size it was much smaller than usual very few tomatoes, the chicken was just regular chicken bigger chunks than what the wild fire chicken pieces are, there were no green onion slices on it not much of the corn that is usually on the salad. And no cheddar cheese, or tortilla chips and no drizzle of the wild fire sauce. I have ate this salad enough that you used to use the large gravy boats for the dressing, I would ask for a second boat of dressing to have enough, this salad I had there would have been more dressing than salad that's how disappointing the salad was, then you dropped down to the small gravy boats for the dressing, and now you bring out these little round cups it took 5 cups to have enough dressing. I'm going to give it another try at a different Bob Evans in Angola hopefully they make it like advertised on line or I will never again, because after this epic failure you had the nerve to increase the price by a dollar. I'm sure I am not the only one very upset with this mistake you made with this salad. YOU TOOK EVERYTHING AWAY FROM THIS AWSOME SALAD THAT BOB CREATED YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES FOR DOING SO .I THINK ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS BRING BACK THE ORIGANAL Wildfire Chicken Salad . Very Disappointed Montpelier, Ohio United States

• Na
    Nana2751 Jul 16, 2019

UPC: 0- 75900-00526-4

EXP date: 08/13/19

Purchased at Aldi's in Mankato, Mn

The potatoes were very watery and lumpy. I purchased at ALdi's in Mankato, Mn. They just started carrying your product and thought I would try it, because it was SO MUCH cheaper than any of my other options to purchase it. I will not purchase again a bit gun shy.

Jacksnaps Aug 05, 2019

Found this inside mashed potatoes. I'm horrified.

Cherylrest Aug 05, 2019

Why are there so many flies flying around in our food, there was even a wasp flying around above us, gross ! We had to keep covering our food ! Don't they have zappers or something to keep the bugs out !
    Also why did they stop the unlimited rolls ????

• Si
    silverfox123 Aug 12, 2019

The web site does not allow for questions. It is a poor website. The company uses it as a sales promo and no way to get help. It is a worthless site. I will never try to use their product.

• Pa
    Patty Kirkpatrick Sep 17, 2019

Cooked a pack of macaroni and cheese. It seems that there was way more sauce than noodles.
    I have been purchasing this product for two years and was sadly disappointed
    Use by 09/05/19KCL3

• Ka
    Kathy Dost Sep 21, 2019

I purchased it from a convenience store, when I got to work to eat it, it was old, dried out and almost burnt

• Si
    Sierra Clark Sep 29, 2019

This was the second one brought to me and looked terrible and had no filling and was very nasty. It didn't taste done and very clumpy, and only had 2 pieces of strawberries on it.

• Js
    Jsw2 Sep 29, 2019

Sex offenders and abusers should not be aloud to work here! he's the cook and a disgusting one at that...

Nope1966Nope Oct 07, 2019

Why would you make paying customers wait for 30 minutes instead of cleaning tables? Staff just standing around. Wow. We left along with others and went to Cracker Barrel where tables are cleaned immediately.

• Bi
    Biscuits Oct 26, 2019

Sat at the counter and ordered 2 eggs over easy and biscuits. After 16 minutes, I was informed that it would be 22 minutes for biscuits. That is a poorly managed place when it takes 16 minutes let only almost 40 because you run out of biscuits.

• Jw
    Jwsalso Nov 23, 2019

Less than 2 bites of roast beef.

John O'Shea Nov 24, 2019

I purchased one of your microwave mashed potatoes and I noticed there were some dark, hard particles in the food. We've never experienced something like this with your food. We've been buying your products for years and after this, we are not buying your products anymore.

John O'Shea
    34 Shamrock Circle
    Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
    (914) 261-4062

• Rm
    rmgnoel Dec 15, 2019

Containers pardon my language s**k!!! Comes in PERFECTLY SEALED BOX.. but open it up and most of them have been broke and cracked...biscuits are PERFECTLY SEALED all the time...

how can we work together and fix this very important issue...I love biscuits and gravy but will only buy jimmy dean because of this...

• Li
    Lisachell Jan 01, 2020

Ordered the Christmas dinner picked it up got home getting ready for every to be served and the meatloaf was burnt and the rolls we order most family gathering there and this was the worst I have ever got and it the biggest family meal that can be ordered for holidays I just think something to be done compisate for this awful experience thank you

• Li
    lindajt1951 Jan 15, 2020

On Jan. 1st I placed a delivery order online and received the wrong order. Manager said she would reimburse my card and has not gotten it yet. would like to know when it will be. order # 450881924 at 506 pm. paid with mastercard 2694 of which belongs to my sister my phone # 304 533 1901. email [email protected] . manager name is olivia

• De
    Deborah Brand Mar 15, 2020

Ordered wildfire chicken salad and Cobb salad to go. When arrived home to eat it found each salad had large chunks of salad from the middle of head of lettuce—unable to eat. The salads both didn't seem to be of quality as in the past. We love Bob Evans but very disappointed today. (3/09/20)