Menu
Bob Evans
reviews & complaints

Bob Evans
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

422 complaints
13 resolved 409 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Bob Evans. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
B
8:18 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 8/9/2013 at around 6:00pm on our way back from Canada we stopped at Bob Evans Restaurant in Morgantown, WV for dinner. As we walked into the restaurant I could tell the porches have not been swept since they probably built the restaurant. But trying to give them the benefit of doubt we went inside. Walking to our table to be seated, my feet were steadily...

2:20 pm

Bob Evans - homicidal staff

i visited your bob evans store on wednesday 7/24/2013, the food was great, the prices were ... fair. but after ordering our food, we heard screaming coming from the kitchen, alot of screaming and could hear it word for word she said "i'm going to bring a gun and blow your brains out", after that i asked our server who it was, and she said it was another server named Jacki Brummet, and she was talking to a manager who was there, i don't know about you but that made me and my family fear for our own lives, if this is the type of people you hire. either way, i've written many many complaints on many sites, and sent one into their corporate headquarters itself, and as just a precaution i've reported this terrorist threat to the police, hopefully they do something about this woman, i'd hate for her to serve my food. DO NOT GO TO LOGANSPORT bob evans unless you are ok with being shot.

H
2:20 pm

Bob Evans - unfair work policies

My husband, after working full time for Bob Evans Farms Restaurant for 19+ years, was told on Saturday that he would be dropped to part time at 29 hours a week with no benefits anymore! This is an outrageous way to take care of your long time employees! I will never and I do mean NEVER eat there again nor let any of my family or friends even consider eating there ever again!

Update by happychickadee3
Jul 22, 2013 2:13 pm

My husband, after being employed by Bob Evans restaruants full time for the last 19 1/2 years was told on Saturday that he will be cut down to 29 hours a week and lose his benefits due to Obamacare! What kind of work place rewards its long time employees with a swift kick in the pants? BOB EVANS!

11:27 am

Bob Evans - discribanation of seniors

The company is giving military discounts of 10o/o. Why not give seniors a discount. I know they give seniors in ohio discounts, they should give seniors with aarp cards the same discount, it is only fair. Yours, raymond onion

2 comments
Jun 26, 2016 8:48 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

we never get military or senyour discount at bob evans, or aarp eather where at dennys we get discount price too high for a cup of biscuits and gravy.

Jun 26, 2016 8:44 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

we eat at bob evans now and then, when you pay $15.something for 2 cups of bisquets and gravey, thats too much and we are inforing our ralitives we don, t want gift cards for bob evans any more..

2:31 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

my husband ordered 4 eggs over lite and only recvd two-he was very upset since he stated TWICE what he wanted. i ordered grilled chicken fresh carrots and salad. the carrots were anything but fresh---yikkkkk they had to be frozen for at lst 2 yrs and werent even orange. looked horrible when served and tasted awful. the waitress heard me complain the minute...

View 0 more photos
E
5:10 am

Bob Evans - bad service

While dinning in the Bob Evans Farms a future employee was training on a laptop 2 seats back from us, video up very loud, making sounds like a bird hitting the wall behind us. How annoying it became! No one from the staff did something to stop him.

Dec 07, 2012 5:40 am

Maybe it was a training video and the employee had a hearing problem. Did you ask him to turn it down a bit?

12:14 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The waitress and the manager told me that the recipe for the meatloaf had been changed. The meatloaf that I ordered today was terrible, both in texture and taste. It tasted as if it had been made of a fine ground meal and not meat. No meat taste at all. I have had this item several times at this same restaurant and liked it enough to continue ordering thi...

2:37 pm

Bob Evans - bad food

Poor service. I was extremely disappointed as I hadn't experienced poor arrive from this restaurant before. I made my complaint and was sent coupons in the value of $20. Wow! The story doesn't end there...so today(8/6/12) I decide to utilize those certificates. The service was fine. The waitress was attentive but within 20 minutes of eating there my fiance and I had become very I'll. We became quite nauseous first an then the vomiting and diarrhea came as well. It didn't stop there. With all those symptoms also came a great deal of abdominal pain. Needless to say...I will never eat at Bob Evans again!

2 comments
May 15, 2015 11:05 am

Agree...the GI Tract doesn't function like that. Symptoms typically take hours and as long as a day to show. If it happened that quick you probably had an allergy to something you ate and don't realize you have that allergy. And as far as being mad at being sent compensation by the restaurant for a previous complaint...why would you complain about a corporation for wanting to send you coupons with an apology. You seem to like complaining just to complain.

Jan 28, 2014 6:39 pm

I certainly hope the symptoms subsided when the doctor informed you that it's anatomically IMPOSSIBLE to experience the first signs of food poisoning within 20 minutes of eating ! I must call bull snap on this one. Lol

2:28 pm

Bob Evans - terrible service/bad food

So about 10 days ago we(my fiance, my 1 year old and myself) went to Bob Evans on 21st and Shadeland Ave.. To begin, we were being seated but someone not in any type of uniform. As we were being seated we weren't asked what where we'd prefer to sit we were told where we were sitting. And as we asked if we could sit elsewhere the "host" proceeded to tell us it would not be a good idea dues to food always being brought through the area. An area in which we were securely out of harms way. Irritated, he sat us in our preferred seating. So we wait to get our drinks as well as our taken. We received our drinks and then waited for quite a while to have our order taken and then decided it was a ridiculous length of time to wait and needed to go based also on our schedule. As we proceed to check out and pay for our sodas the same man who sat us was practically yelling to another employee "what was our problem" and so on. We felt we were being harassed for THEIR

May 15, 2015 11:02 am

With a 1 year old Im assuming you had a high Chair. According to most restaurant policy, they don't allow high Chairs in aisles or next to booths. This is a safety feature so children aren't in the way of a server or other employee carrying heavy trays of hot food. Sounds like you anted a booth and were seated at a table to keep your child safe. Since you left specifics out Im assuming you know you are wrong to complain yet still feel the need to feed your ego by making others feel you are right. Not all restaurant employees wear uniforms. Management typically wears Dress pants and dress shirts (sometimes with ties). So since ive shot down your seating experience ill address your "Wait Time"
If you go to a SIT DOWN restaurant and don't have at least an hour to an hour and a half...then that's your own fault. Food Safety Requirements, cook times and OTHER GUESTS don't get put on hold just because you walked into the restaurant. MY background...Im a retired Restaurant General Manager with 20+ years of General Manager experience for multiple restaurant both fine dining and casual.

3:59 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been bob evans server for 5 years. I have never been this unhappy at my job before. I have always been treated with respect and I thought worked with people that actually cared for my well-being which is why I have stayed with this company for so long. I feel like ever since I have gotten pregnant I have been treated differently and discriminated...

3:14 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

i went to bob evans on south high in columbus ohio warning the manager gets very offended and will want you to leave and argue you down and will not give you a refund if you have a complaint i ordered the turkey and dressing it came to me and the turkey looked like rubber on 2 ice cream scoops of dressing which it was all nasty the turkey had curled up and...

D
2:39 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Brenda Young and my daughter works at the Bob Evans store #2025 in Columbia City, Ind. On Saturday my ONLY brother passed away . Angie is th GM at that store, and her GAM (Mike Meyer)has refused to help her so she will be able to go to the funeral. The funeral is on Thursday at 11:00am. That is the day she is to work. She is willing to work one...

M
5:09 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was at this Livonia Michigan Store (# 87 ) on November 13, 2010. I had family in from Kansas City, Missouri and we had a party of fifteen people. I personally selected Bob Evans for breakfast over a local IHOP Restaurant located directly across the street. When we arrived at Bob Evans around 11:00 a.m. the store was quite busy and had several large...

V
12:21 am

Bob Evans - unsanitary conditions

One late evening I was dining my local Bob Evans and my friend a manager there gave me a quick tour . When we passed the area where the dishes were washed i noticed the waitresses' scraping the filthy plates! I found it somewhat disgusting and when i questioned it he told me it was a policy to have their waitresses clean and stack their own dirty dishes. I had time to watch them briefly as they scurried back and forth no one even was washing their hands. And I thought it was their job to bring my food and take my order cleaning my plates seems like it would be someones job that does not handle my food I will think twice before returning to a bob evans.

May 15, 2015 11:10 am

There are multiple hand washing stations, and chances are you didn't watch every single server every single time. It sounds like you violated health code policy by being a guest in the back of the house without washing your hands, but It seems you missed that part. Also, you just put your "Friend" in a bad situation by complaining. I think you are probably just a disgruntled employee (server) that doesn't like the policy of cleaning the plates.

S
10:41 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Seriously dis-satisfied with the quality and quanity of the Bob Evans Suasage Gravy (product # 4736). I have boughten this in the past numerous times, and unfortunately this time, the gravy was very greasy and had hardly any sausgae in the gravy. I hope this was a mistake, because if this has changed, I will no longer by buying this product.

E
12:15 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was at Bob Evans on Tuesday 9-15. My meal came to 14.83 but there computer was not working properly so my card was swiped 4 times and low and behold on my bank statement I was charged 3 times for 14.83 and once for 11.83. I have contacted the managers of this store numerous times and they assured me the amounts would be removed but as of this date they...

9:44 pm

Bob Evans - hostess seating

store 146 We frequent Bob Evans 2 to 4 times a month. On 7-5-09 at 9a.m.we walked in and asked the hostess to seat us with Trish (our favorite waitress). She looked at the stations, came back and seated us. A few seconds later a different waitress came to our table. I asked if Trish was going to wait on us. She said her station must have been full is it ok if I wait on you? Initially I said ok and she served us coffee. As she walked away I started to think why didn"t the hostess tell us Trish wasn't available and give us the option to wait untill she had something available? I ended up talking with the manager and she did give us Trish and moved our table. The reason I am voicing concern is because the hostess lacked communication and disregard for the customers wishes. Just wanted to share this information. Thank you, by the way Trish is an outstanding employee/waitress!
Terry Lubrano

G
9:44 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Goldie Roberts and me and my husband Tony ate at Bob Evans in Paintsville kentucky on 4-1-09 . We had to wait forever for our waitress Michelle to take our orders! One of the other waitresses had to bring our order out! my husband had ordered A salad which he didn't even get so we made her take it off the bill! Michelle was to busy talking and...

9:45 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A guest at the hotel where I work comes to town child in college here.I gave good customer service to our guest so I was given a Bob Evans gift card they are located next to my place of employment. Giftcard value $10.00 so that I could have lunch on them. When I tried to use it the value was 1.81 cents. I was so embarrassed as I sent a manager of another...

C
7:20 pm

Bob Evans - did not have advertised special on menu

On Friday, Aug. 22, 2008 the Bob Evans Restaurant in Plainfield, IL were out of the featured meal of Baby Back Ribs when I ordered them at 5:50 PM. They were advertised to be abailable after 4:00 PM. It was too early for them to be out of the ribs. I will probably will not stop there again.

C. A. Bangs