Blue Mountain Greeting Cardsbilling without availability to services

I signed for a free trial with intent of subscribing for a year, gave my cc information, they have charged my card and now I have no access to the services of the cards...they say I am not in the system. I cannot access them through the 800 number no way to access an actual person the the help menu cuts you off...no email contact on the website...they make it impossible to cancel membership without charging. What's up with this company...

• Fr
    FrontStreetMama Aug 14, 2018

Customer #[protected]. Says "do not recognize" to email address signed up with. No phone number listed on sites available online. No way to reach them after hours M-F 9-5 EST for help. Before 1:30 am today latest incidence. Lost many cards because of this problem. Want extension of mbrshp for cards couldn't send. I pay when they send free cards. Huh

Chagoviy Aug 19, 2016

I have used Blue Mountain ecards for years. 2 years ago I was charged for a Create & Print account, which I did not use. They told me they could not refund the money, but would cancel the account and I could use it until it expired. This year I got hit for another $20.00 and they refuse to refund it. Even though I have never used the Create & Print account, they will not make this right. I have cancelled all my accounts with them, and have paid for 2 years of service that I have not used.

Also, it took forever to finally get a real live person on the phone, and they would not help me and told me there was no one else at the company who would help me. They gave me an address to write to, but would not confirm that someone actually opened the letter and read it.

Poor, poor, poor customer service from a company that I have been satisfied with for many years. Too bad. Pass it along to be careful, because they will hit you with charges!

• Lg
    L. G. Powell Jul 29, 2016

I am unable to speak to a customer service representative at Blue Mountain.com. I have followed the directions they've provided and am still unable to access my paid account. When I look for ways to get assistance, I'm directed back to the same web site over and over again, but NOWHERE is there an email account or phone number to contact a customer service representative. Further more, I am unable to cancel my memebership without being able to access my account Not once have I been able to use this service since I purchased it back in December of 2009

• He
    Helene Gale Jul 29, 2016

My city is Glenview, Illinois 60025

• He
    Helene Gale Jul 29, 2016

I signed up with BlueMountain years ago and for a while enjoyed
    free cards sent to many friends. Then BlueMountain asked for a
    modest fee, which I gladly paid but from then on it became more
    and more difficult to send cards. In fact I can no longer seem to
    send any. I choose a card and try to fill out everything but can not
    seem to complete the deal. Nevertheless, in my last Visa bill,
    BlueMountain charged me $15.99! I called the number listed
    next to the charge but was informed that I must make my
    complaint on line. That's what I'm doing. I want to cancel
    my subscription and I want my money back!!! If I do not hear
    from you I will try to cancel the charge with my credit company.

suzimrn Jul 29, 2016

I signed on for a free trial with Blue Mountain [BM] (an online greeting card company) - when I attempted to cancel the trial within the allotted time, I could not access my account & a message came up that I was not in the database - I write down every password that I use & know that the correct information was provided to BM - BUT MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED $29.99! AND GET THIS: this company has no way to contact them other than a website which does NO good whatsoever - there is no phone #, address, NOTHING. What do I do? How do I get away from this company so they quit charging me? AND how can they be stopped from doing this to others?

• Ds
    DSMAD Jul 29, 2016

I'll start at this site first to update it to most recent experience for 2011. I have NEVER in my 8 years of online purchasing experienced such a horrific customer/member website. After choosing a cute Mothers Day card, I purchased it with my credit card agreeing to the trial time allotted. Then I found an error and went to get the phone number to talk to a customer service rep. The phone as well as the website brings you IN CIRCLES call this number and the number says go to our website and that is why I am leaving this as a warning. I had to get my bank involved and they got the run around. American Greetings the parent company is just as bad. I see on some complaints Blue Mountain online greeting cards is a sham. Take HEED of this an try to get a hold of them FIRST. You will leave this site vowing never to go back. From another complaint listing- This is the phone number to call [protected] at every prompt yell AGENT but I got the American Greetings headquarters number by a good soul posting it online via google ask to speak to a Blue Mountain rep. who had an extension there. Thankfully it was a good phone number because good Luck not getting the run around at the American Greetings webpage also.

I would love to have a professional relationship with Blue Mountain. Their cards are excellent. But they'll have to make their customer service easy to access before I go near them with my credit card again. Lesson learned THE HARD WAY.

charliewhyte Jul 29, 2016

NOT RECOMMENDED. Non-Existent Customer Service. Costly Billing Errors.

A very unfortunate experience. I have been billed $4.99 every month from Blue Mountain, after cancelling my membership within the trial period, and several times thereafter. Blue Mountain maintains I have no membership, yet they continue billing me monthly. Their systems and customer service seem incapable of solving the most routine billing errors.

My experience has been that Blue Mountain Customer Service is non-existent on their phone line (note that it is not possible to speak to a representative) and valueless via their e-mail / website.

I strongly urge you to find another e-card provider before you find yourselves in an inconvenient billing dispute.

• Re
    Registered Dietitian Jul 29, 2016

There is no way to contact Blue Mountain if you've paid for a subscription but you can't access the service even after repeatedly entering your email address and your ID. This is infuriating. The HELP section is no help at all. What are you supposed to do if you can't access the service. There is no phone number, no email address, NOTHING. This company is a big scam. They charge for service that isn 't delivered.

AndrewP Jul 29, 2016

I canceled my subscription well over a year ago to bluemountaincards and they just billed my credit card for another year. There is no way to contact them to remove the recent charge, which is perfectly predictable for such a deceitful operation. I have not used the service since before canceling it over a year ago.

Susan M. Mardon Jul 29, 2016

I do not believe i ever ordered the ecards, but there is no way to cancel the charges to my credit cartd!!! What do I do now?

• Eo
    Eoper Jul 29, 2016

Bank of America Mortgage FEIWELL & HANNOY Bank of America did not release our mortgage after birng paid thus an illegal suite Indianapolis, Indiana

A couple of years ago my wife and I were relocated to Fl. from Indianapolis for employment. We owned a home in Marion County we succesfully sold and closed on it on 01-06-2010. We just recently recieved notification of a law suite filed on [protected] for Foreclosure on the home we already sold. Apparently the mortgage company never released the mortgage after being paid, I have detailed documented proof the mortgage company recieved wired funds from the closing. We found this out when I had been turned down on several employment opportunities, with no explaination so I initiated a background check on the both us and found our credit had taken a terrible decline, due to mortgage payments not being paid for several months. I am having a difficult time in getting this resolved, I have sent emails followed by documentation to the mortgage company, all 3 credit bureaus, even an attny firm, to my dismay I have had no response with the exception of attorney's demanding payment to take the case on. I have been out of work for 30 months and we have exhausted our nest egg. and squeeking by, we don't have the funds to retain an attorney. I know you can't give legal advise, but there is a lot at stake here including the unknowingly poor people who bought our home and reside there. They could be affected as well. What do we do??

jameswaldron Jul 29, 2016

I SWICHED FROM JIM [email protected] .COM TOJIM WALDRON141G MAIL .COM 2MONTHS AGO BNECAUSE THIS CHANGE
    MY ACCOUNT WAS FROZEN I COULD NOT GET INTO MY Accounts
    iam 75 years old with abreathing problem&2 bad knees i can not walk my daughter&grand children
    live in seattle washingtonIHAVE NOT SEEN THEM FOR 10 YEARESIUSED TOSEND THEM YOUR HOLIDAY CARDS ALONGtoallmy otherfriendssience Ihave not been able tosendanything out here itis CHRISMAS &I STILLUSE MYACCOUNTisent your companyseverale mails they each time came back with a response it would be clearedup in48 hrswhich it weas not
    Ihope you &your grand children have amerry christmasicertenalleyam not goig to have one because of your copany goof ups
    so Iguess the best thimgto do is drop your company which Ilove very much but if this the wayyou run your compoany I DO NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH ANY MORE YOU CERETANILLEY HAVE RUINED A GRAND FATHERS CHRISTMAS
    JAMES WALDRON
    [protected]

• Fa
    Fadele Jul 29, 2016

I ordered an e-card from Blue Mountain. They sent me an e-mail that said: Please enjoy your Trial Membership for FREE. They charged my credit card for about 6 months. When I telephoned I could not find a person, but only electronic messages. I wanted to tell them I never had signed up for a trial membership for Free or any other sum.

Their Free Trial Membership which I was told I would be charged for until the beginning of this month, could be cancelled, all this was of course done with voice message options. So all told I spent about $18 for two e-cards.

• Br
    brunoskid1 Jul 29, 2016

Trying out for the free 7 day trial, I realized there was an auto renew. When calling Blue mountain it was virtually impossible to reach a live person and when I did, I asked why I was billed 3 weeks later after the 7 days were up. I was told my membership started the day I ended my 7 day free trial. I disagreed. This is truly not a free trial if I paid the day I ended and then auto renew on day of month I signed up for free trial. . I paid a monthly membership for 3 weeks of membership. Very misleading if not False advertising!!!

• Belleville Jul 29, 2016

I could have done this with my regular bank account as well, but I felt that if TYD Capital is good for relevant insider information and only earns its money on related transactions it would be fair and helpful going forward to do the truncation through TYD Capital.

• Si
    Silverback Jul 29, 2016

On 29 April 2013 I signed up for a 1-year membership, with 1 month free trial, for 19.95 with Blue Mountain eCards. I was unable to access my account after that initial use (sent 3 cards) and following useless back and forth re this problem decided to cancel on 1 May 2013. Imagine my surprise to discover being billed--WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION--for a 2-year membership at $29.95! Blue Mountain's Customer Support sent me an email refusing to refund, telling me that I remain a member through April 2015! The company's bad attitude is amazing, and I will do my best to spread the word about the multiple complaints not only against this company, but also the poor WOT (trustworthiness) rating of its image server (imgag.com). Blue Mountain obviously chooses to engage in blatantly fraudulent and dishonest business practices. Stay away from Blue Mountain--Goggle them or any other company first before paying. And please get the word out on the web for people to stay away from this company! Thank you!

• Be
    beefree23 Nov 27, 2012

I had my charges reversed with no problems, they were very efficient and contacted me two days after sending a note to them. I was about a week over the annual renewal and when I saw my bank statement with the charge for another year I simply wrote and asked them to not charge my account, They were very polite and reversed the withdrawal the same day and wrote me a nice note hoping that I might use their services again in the future.
    I was very pleased with the speed that they handled the request.

susan.silliman2 May 11, 2012

My Birthday was yesterday, the 10 th of May 2012, , and my brother send me a card, I got the card, per-say, but when I got to the site where the card was supposed to be, it was blank! and I was disappointed! How can I see my card again. ?

My brother send me it again, to a "pick up kind of site thing" and I still can't see it, please, I would Love to see this card, it's from my brother, and sister -in-law.

sallysmilie Jan 08, 2012

Yes..I have been trying to cancel Blue Mountain for 2 months. They are a scam pure and simple. Tomorow I am going to my bank and try to get BM from charging my account any further.
    I do generally check out a site before I sign up..but I was lax and now I am paying for it.
    I am like the rest of the people filing complaints...mad as a wet hen!!!

• Am
    ambertim7 May 27, 2011

May 27, 2011 - same complaint, different day. I had cancelled my membership on the day after subscribing because I realized that I simply cannot afford it. Living on a fixed income doesn't leave much room for "luxuries" which I consider this. I tried the [protected] number and apparently did not have the same good luck because I cannot reach anyone and when I tried to contact them through email, I got back the "canned response" 2 times. I am going to try the BBB complaint next and also call AG at [protected] and try to follow through on that. I may be a senior but I am not at all senile and I am very aware of what is going on and I plan to follow through until I get the answer I deserve along with the refund.

• Bo
    BonPren May 18, 2011

May 18, 2011--same complaint: no telephone number, but my credit card company gave me an address: 1 American Rd; Cleveland, Ohio [protected]. I used the [protected] number from other complaints and it worked and they say they have canceled my subscription and have issued a refund. If they don't cease with this practice there may be other action that can be taken. I'd start with the FCC. This company is is a disgrace!

• Di
    Dien Huynh Dec 27, 2010

I subscribed to Bluemountain about 5 years ago and used them only once in the first year. Subsequently they kept renew my membership every year using my credit card detail without informing me. I only realised it after the 3rd year and unsubscribed my membership, got all the acknowledgement and everything. Now today [protected]) I checked my bank statement and there they are again . Apart from telling people not to use them, is there anything we can do to stop them doing it in the future. This is illegal activity and I would like to know who I can contact to make an official complaint.

• Ka
    Kay Grekul Dec 12, 2010

I sent an email to Bluemountain.com a few days ago .There wasn't any response. I realize there is something going on as I was always able to talk to a person on the phone .Now I can not leave 'two words' 'as the recordings talks overme.

There's definitely something different. My Ecards do not arrive.I do not receive a confirmation of it being sent or picked up and it is not received.I have been a member for years with you.Christmas and birthdays are my way of sending cards.

I am giving up. Does anyone read this Comment .????.My email address is: [email protected] and not [email protected] email address has been changed some time ago. .

K.Grekul.

• T2
    t2bones Nov 09, 2010

This company is impossible to deal with. Stay away, do not trust them, and do not give them access to any personal information. They need to be run out of business

• T2
    t2bones Nov 09, 2010

This company is bogus!! They deserve all these bad comments, and more. They are impossible to deal with and hide behind incompetent customer services...
    Its about time that they get forced out of business.

• Ph
    photoartist05 Nov 06, 2010

For those of you who want names and numbers, CEO and GM, for the people behind this "business" follow this link:

Luckily for me, I used Visa cards and can dispute charges. Like the rest of you, I've had little success getting clear of these people once signing up for a membership. The Visa people told me to dispute, which is effective because the "business" will lose it's merchant services with too many disputed charges. Too bad I don't know how to contact their merchant service provider, or I would make a direct complaint that way. Too bad for "them" that we check and confirm each and every charge always.

I recommend that we all check every on-line business we encounter "before" using them. You can "google" the business name plus the word "complaint." You can also use "reseller ratings" and the business name. Both will give you a heads up if there are issues.

I hope some of this is of help to you. Good luck. NFC

• Ki
    kiwilibrarian Oct 27, 2010

Oh no! I wish I had seen this page before I signed up. Of course I found this page because I have signed up, given them my credit card details, and am now trying to cancel before they charge me. I am in New Zealand, so don't really have the option of ringing them. I will try contacting my credit card company and see if they can do anything. Perhaps the police too - this seems to be a credit card gathering scam.

star13 Jun 07, 2010

i just called the [protected] and it worked. an automated voice cancelled my sub. and i got an email confirmation of the canellation. i hope it worked.
    i am so thankful for this site cause otherwise i would have had no way to find out how to cancel.
    i'll help spread the word to not use bluemountain again unless they change their business practices.

star13 Jun 07, 2010

thanks sooo much for the #

star13 Jun 07, 2010

thanks sooooo much for the number as i had the same problem and had no way to reach them to cancel...i used the [protected] and an automated system cancelled it...i hope it worked!
    thanks so much!!! i'll spread the word to never use bluemountain again unless they change their business practices

• Mf
    mfm Mar 22, 2010

definately a rip off.they charged my credit card two years in a row, without warning, for a service i never even used!

• Te
    texasjones1965 Mar 01, 2010

I cannot stand this company. My problem is that I cancelled on the 14th day of the 14 day free trial and yet they claim I cancelled after the 14th day. I have email trails with dates and times sent. They refuse to credit my CC back for the membership fees. They are a scam, scam, scam. And trying to actually talk to someone on the phone is a joke. They get you to call their number, and then cycle you through their automated voice system and then cut you off. I want to get a class action lawsuit against them so bad. Actually, I want to be in a room with their owner for 5 seconds.

• Bi
    BigJulie Feb 26, 2010

these people should be in jail.
    Me robbed also on free trial

Me in Australia, so I shall have to visit them.

• Bm
    BM stand for Bowel Movement Feb 16, 2010

Call [protected] and use option "5" on the key pad to get a live person.

• Mo
    montanabradley Dec 14, 2009

I too got swindled by Bluemountain and lost in the morass of their automated phone system. I finally called the credit card company and the representative their told me how to trick the phone system into routing me to a Bluemountain representative.

Call [protected]. Select the "cancel my membership" option; then indicate "no phone" rather than giving your number; then indicate "no zip code" rather than giving your zip code. You will go directly to a representative. Now I am crossing my fingers that the charges will be credited and that I have heard the last from Bluemountain.

• Me
    Merilee M. Reali Nov 23, 2009

I am so relieved to see this has happened to other people and get ideas on what to do. I was shocked last week when $19.99 was charged on my credit card. I couldn't figure it out. They auto renewed me. I was so upset. I was at work ... so I sent an e-mail. It took days to get a response. They write me this "canned" response about cancelling my membership. Great ... I wait a few days and no refund. So ... they cancelled my membership and I guess I paid $19.99 for nothing. I have a close friend who is friends with a lawyer. So ... I will call on Friday to try to reach someone and resolve it ... if not ... I will go foward w/the BBB and talk to my lawyer friend. I don't know how a company can do this. I have called my bank and removed from them from being able to auto withdrawal. I would highly suggest anyone do that so they can't do it again!!! In an economy like we have ... how dare anyone STEAL money from customers accounts. That is exactly what they did!!! I will tell anyone and everyone my story! ~Merilee Reali

• Re
    redclover Nov 09, 2009

I signed up for a free trial that turned out costing me $15.99! I got a hold of a CS rep after going through a terrible automated system for an hour - who just rubbed it in my face that it was my fault if I didn't understand the terms of the "Free" trial. I just filed a complaint with BBB and I'm filing a dispute through bill me later - I'm tired of being taken advantage of!!! Bluemountains Free Trial is a scam!!!

• Gs
    gsmcclin tock Oct 17, 2009

I received notice membership renewal due - since I am unemployed I responded 4 times to cancel. Today I see they took out $19.99 and $15.99 from my bank account which overdrew account. Cannot find phone number. I have emailed attorney generals office FL. I am very angry.

• Ba
    badbizpractice Sep 14, 2009

Any company that 1) doesn't provide a link to cancel a free trial membership, 2) doesn't provide a phone number that allows you any options to reach a human being, and 3) deliberately makes it impossible to communicate with the company is a business that's destined to fail. I have to assume that word will get out about Bluemountain.com and American Greetings. If not, might I suggest a class action suit for deceptive advertising practices, bait and switch, or some other legally valid reason? This many consumers can't be wrong.