Menu
Big Bazaar / Future Group
reviews & complaints

Big Bazaar / Future Group
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

71 complaints
19 resolved 52 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Big Bazaar / Future Group. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
9:20 am

Big Bazaar / Future Group - terrible delivery service

They delivery boys just delivered My mattresses wherever they wanted and called me saying that as I was not there they delivered it to some other number. Funny thing is that I was available the whole day. Another funny thing they told that they will deliver it on Monday but they delivered it on Sunday. They are just non-sense. Reluctant to pick up the phones when I tried to contact them.

C
Apr 11, 2010 11:16 pm

big bazar being a most famous mall in india it is a poor response from your side . last week we purchased saries at haldia big bazar and we got shubh vouchers and at vizag we want to use them and the staff said that they are not valid . its not agood response from your path.

U
2:04 am

Big Bazaar / Future Group - wrong business policy

It is to inform you all that, The shops like Bigbazar are going down to such a level that they are now telling lies for making their business. I had gone to Bigbazar, Ranchi on 15th Aug (Independence Day) for some purchasing. But I found one attractive offer: On any TV you buy on that day, you will get Dish TV connection free for 1 yr. So I bought one TV as the offer was limited. But later on the Dish TV people denied the offer ans went out of their words as they had not mentioned about that anywhere. All people bought TV on that day were cheated. So its my request to you all to be aware of any dealing you are making with BigBazar.

Thank you.

Nov 05, 2008 1:32 pm

On 5th Nov 2008 I had been to Kapur bawadi BIGBAZZAR. In the news papar as well as in the store advt was that on bill above 999 you get 3kg sugar free.
I had stuffed worth 3600 and above in my trolly and I asked billing executive to make seprate bill which she flately refused, and very rudely she said we dont need customer lkie you on my arguments that i want seprate bill she said we never had customer like you then I said see I saw advt and pl you cchq with ur seniors which she did and agree to bill but while billing she mentioned .But then too she did not madesepratebill for third bag
If you have made that on X amount purchase you r giving any benefit then why not double or tripple on 2X or 3X amount and pl teach your executive how to talk or you really need us or not
thanks
my cash memo T13/24123 Dt 5/11/2008
bill executive Minal Guav 56451
sadhna [protected]

11:40 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This a not a complaint, but its a complaint... A Techie's bad {really bad customer service} experience with Big Bazaar. A software engineer from Technopark, here sharing his bitter experience with Big Bazaar, one of the biggest retail outlet in Trivandrum. “Beware of Big Bazaar cheating?? Now a days even a small retailer will replace their goods, if it...

1:59 am

Big Bazaar / Future Group - billing discrepancy

While Big bazaar claims that they have the least price for any product, that price may just be for display. It may not reach the consumer at all unless you have patience to verify the bill. My experience was with some offer in baby dresses, at their Udupi (Karnataka) outlet. In the bill I did not see the offer reflected, but the sales girl complained that it is the computer problem. what she did not know was I was in the business of building software for retailers and I know who is at fault :-). I called on the store manager. He too showed ignorance. Now i decided to verify the bill if I happen to go to Big bazaar again, and warned all my friends. You take care of that too!

2 comments
I
Apr 23, 2009 4:13 am

PLEASE REPLY ME URGENTLY REGARDING MY COMPLAINT MY INVOICE NO. #T42/713151 DT:21/04/2009 TIME: 20:54:37

I
Apr 23, 2009 4:11 am

MY INVOICE NO. #T42/713151 DT:21/04/2009 TIME: 20:54:37 THERE IS SOME SHORT OF PRODUCT IN MY BAG (BABY CLOTH HANGER ) WHICH I HAD TAKEN BUT WHILE OPENING THE BAG THAT PRODUCT WAS NOT THERE. SO IT MAY BE LEFT THER ONLY BY MISTACK OF CASSIAR. SO PLEASE JUST CHECK WHEATHER THAT PRODUCT IS THERE IN MY BILL OR NOT. I HOPE YOU WILL COOPRATE AND GIVE ME SATISFACTORY ANSWERE.

THANKS & REGARDS,
IMRAN SHAIKH

D
11:49 pm

Big Bazaar / Future Group - defective goods supplied

I am very dissatisfied with the service of Big Bazar. I purchased one Study Table on 12 May 2007 at the cost of Rs. 3699/-. Immediately after it was delivered, we found it defective and we complained over telephone. Since they didn't send any person, I personally went to the shop and got my complaint recorded in their complaint book in September 2007. After that I again several times called them over telephone but they didn't care to listen to us. On 1 Feb 2008, I again went there personally and got in writing that they will send some person in one weeks time. But till today there is no action from their end. This is the worst kind of customer care I have ever experienced. I want complete refund of the amount I paid for the defective table they supplied to me.

6 comments
Dec 03, 2015 11:56 pm

Dear Mr. Amit,
Greetings from Future Group!
We regret to inform you that as of now the product is unavailable at the stores. We will inform you once it is available. Please do share your feedback and suggestions, it will help us serve you better!

Happy Shopping!
Team Big Bazaar
Future Group

Nov 03, 2015 6:56 am

Dear Mr.Amit,
Greetings from Future Group, this is Priya.
At the outset, let me apologize to you for the experience you had. I assure you that we'll take this up seriously and resolve the issue at the earliest. Please mention your reference id as 1325 for future conversations at [email protected]
Regards,
Team Big Bazaar
Future Group

R
Nov 02, 2015 7:54 am

i purchase from big bazar from haldia on 18-10-15, he give me festive gifting card no. - [protected], he call me for gift on 02-11-2015, after reaching he misguide me and call me after 10 -15 days otherwise we (Big bazar)can call you . Please do necessary action. Regards Amit Chakraborty Ph- [protected]

P
Mar 20, 2009 4:05 am

Dear Sir

I Have purchased a Lexmark Printer Model P6250 from Big Bazar on 15th March 09, and no one has come for the installation of same till date when we checked up with Lexmark officials they too refuse to do the same and have told us that the outdated model is sold, wherein no warantee could be given to the same, I am hereby requesting you to replace/refund for the same with running models and resolve the matter.

Kiran M.

R
Feb 10, 2009 11:13 pm

We can go a file a Complaint against the Compant to Consumer Forum and Bring them at Consumer Court and Claim the Money which has been paid against the Item.

P
Mar 15, 2008 8:52 am

sir/mam,

We are one of the customer of BIG BAZAR. we had taken furniture 5th nov 2007. financing from FUTURE MONEY BELGAUM. We made the money Rs. 12334=00 by cash. the EMI amount comes us. Rs. 2915=00. we had given total eight cheques in the name of M/s. FUTURE MONEY GROUPS. The cheque no. s are like ...065381 to 065388.

But problem is in your company, peoples they lost all documents along with eight cheques. but we are not providing, once again all documents. As per our advocate suggest.

plz give for an suggestion.

/// WE FELT VERY BAD SERVICE ABOUT FUTURE MONEY GROUPS AS WELL AS BIG BAZAR//

Mrs. Prathibha chandra Naik.
Belgaum-5.
+[protected].
+[protected].

Big Bazaar / Future Group - faulty product

I have purchased a Tricycle for my baby recently from big bazaar,at nagashetti halli ( Ring road near habbal) Cash memo no:T41/5092, dated 19/10/2007 time:21:11. amt 1189

It was the only piece available,with few loose screws.and that they said they technical person is not available to fix it and offered me some discount for that,hence i decide to pick it, even though it was an expensive piece. I had taken the tricycle home and started fixing the errors and found that none of the screws and nuts was not of the same tricycle,also found the rear handle bar(which come separate) dosn't belong to this cycle.

Next day i went back to the same place and spoke to the same gentleman(his answer was quiet funny)he said,sir the handle is lying some where in the store and will take time to search,thats y he gave me the handle of some other cycle believing it will suit,also he collected my no and said he will call me in a day or two with the original handle bar,but nothing happened till this day.

Today(30/10/2007) i was amazed to see a same brand tricycle in a different shop,which is having more accessories on it.i spoke to the shopkeeper and learned that,all of it come as a single unit.But by believing the brand "Big bazzar" i have now a expensive tricycle ,"which is in-complete".

The "Big Bazzar "is truly showing their real character of bazaar(market). They r not really bothered of the quality & shape, of what they r selling.

Update by sunil mahadevan
Oct 30, 2007 12:00 am

Feb 27, 2008 3:59 am

Sir,

I visited ur shop somany time when i asked ur emp. he not responding properly & I want one clarification last yr ur collecting 2nd hand(old ) cloths but this yr ur not collected & when ur collected the same

with regards
suresh

V
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The Big Bazaar outlet has managed to convince me never to shop at a big bazaar ever again and not recommend it to anyone. let me cite my experience at the Thane branch where I go religiously. Since the last 4 months that I have been going there, there has never been any air conditioning inside making the entire experience a pathetic and sweaty one. The...

J

Big Bazaar / Future Group - excess use of plastic

I have a serious concern on the amount of plastic used by these vendors for packing their products. I stay in Pune, Maharashtra. Recently I visited the new retail shop "More" which is franchise outlet. I saw that they pack each an every vegetable in a different polythene, take a plastic sticker for the weight and bar code information and stick it on the plastic. This is done for all different kinds of vegetables. I insisted the worker there to put as many items as possible in one bag, she refused saying that it is against their policy. This is ridiculous.

Some days back the local vegetable walls who sell on the road sides were fined 500 Rs for selling the items in polythene. But there is no limitation on the Retail Malls. This should be stopped immediately.

12:00 am

Big Bazaar / Future Group - don't take any furniture from big bazar!

It is tragedy that I went to big bazar to buy a computer table two weeks back. They gave me a packed item and they told that, fitters will come and do the fittings within 2 - 3 days. I am still waiting and already this is second week and nobody turned up. After waiting for 4 days I thought let us open and try to assemble myself. Unfortunately when I opened the the it I found two damaged pieces in the item. When ever I am calling they are telling that, already they left for fittings or they are on leave or the item which has to be replaced is out of stock.

Be careful when you are purchasing the furniture from Big Bazar or don't purchase.

6 comments
J
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It seems Big Bazar in Hebbal (Bangalore) has a habbit of fooling customers who are not suspicious and cautious while purchasing. I guess it is completely outrageous to expect customers to check everything at the counter when they are making a monthly purchase worth 3 to 4 thousand. The volume of things and the rush around really does not make that suitable and moreover that should not ever be expected.

They conveniently forget adding the free products and do billing errors on the higher side. It definitely indicates that it is intentional. Of Course the trend shows it happens for grocery / Food items.

It happened to me for the 5 th time today at the same outlet. It has happened once before at the Food Bazar at Esteem Mall. So far the transactions with Big Bazar at Old Madras Road has been satisfactory.

I have once called them as well and they very conveniently say please come and we will adjust it right away. They very well know that people who come there are mostly at least 5 to 10 kms away and coming they come something like once or twice in a month. The point is that it really does not make sense for me to spend 100+ bucks of fuel to recover lost many which is almost the same. Moreover it is not a big amount but since it happens everytime, this is what indeed points that these guys do it intentionally. Furthermore, once I have been there after 15-20 days and showed the bill and pointed out the errors that happened earlier, They kind of gave a very casual treatment as if it was my mistake and its too late now and I should better forger it.

Today again they did an error in billing colse to some 65 Rs. and have not included freebies close to another 36 rs.

Cheating has become an habbit here.

Aug 29, 2016 7:50 am

I have been a big bazar customer for last three years. I was feeling happy that at last we have some reliable service even from some Indian company. I must also include the claim of its ethics by its founder how much they have done in India.
Its a new pathetic experience from Big Bazar marketing. I had bought a cloth on buy one- get one offer. But unfortunately, the size was smaller than what we should have taken. So, we went back to the outlet for replacement of that stuff, they completely denied that they had ever had any offer like that on that stuff. First billing executive came out as saying that he had not made bill for the second piece of that stuff. When we shown him the stuff and its tags, he became silent. Then his manager came out to tell us that there was no mention of that stuff on our bill. On asking then about how come it went out of your counter... he made himself busy with something else. Lastly he asked his customer desk that there is no need of changing the second item, only the item that is shown on bill can be exchanged. Then, he was in no mood to answer any query and went out. We are simply amazed to see the quickness and irresponsible behavior to wind up any complains.
It was not the first time that it happened with us. On previous occasion, we had bought a crockery item. It was billed properly, but was not in our package when we opened our packets at home. When we asked the customer desk regarding the same, the reply was complete non-acceptance. They were not ready to accept that they could do anything like that.
We know that these kinds of tricks are common in cheap markets. Are they competing for the same? I would like to ask Mr. Biyani... It was already happening in India, what have you done special in it?
Our neighbor stores are more honest than your people... at least they accept (and sometimes wait for us to come back for the thing). I have situations, when they returned my money after two days, when I mistakenly given them five hundred rupee note in place of hundred one.
Sorry to say, you are making way to nowhere.

Hello,
I have purchased furniture from Big Bazar-pune-Kothrud branch.
I am really frustrated because of the service big bazar is providing. I have purchased these things from big bazar;

2 three seater sofa
2 single seater sofa
1 king bed + 1 side table
1 center table

I have called big bazar many times to fix the lazer fitting of center table but they only giving me reason like;
1. They are busy because of 15th aug season then ganpati season
2. They don’t have laser fitting available

Now, it’s almost 2 months i have logged a complaint and they are not replying. I am wasting my money to call them many times and every time new person is picking up the phone.

Same happened with Sofa, sofa's legs are broken and that is not is use and for the second sofa something is broken in the middle of the sofa.

This is really not a good service and i don't know how they are dealing with other costumers.

Please take some disciplinary action so that my issues get resolved.

Thanks & Regards,
Sachin Siddhe.
[protected]
[email protected]

D
Mar 25, 2011 3:22 pm

I had purchased 2 beds and 2 wardrobes from big bazar (chor bazar), chhokra nala, Raipur, India on 26-01-2011.Assi.sales manager Mr.Anup told me that my purchased products will get me after 15 days.I waited for 15 days when i did not received any call or delivery of my products, i called to big bazar, they told me that i will receive my products after 2-3 days. after 3 days i got the same answer, this time i personaly went there and inquired about the delaying of my purchase products.they convinced me that i will be getting my products soon positively.after 2 days i received the damaged products.i conveyed about the damaged products and asked for replacement but they kept me promising till date without replacement. on inquiring on 25-03-11, assistant sells manager Mr.Anup talked on the telephone but in a very arrogant way, keeping my queries unanswered, even on telling him about to go in consumer forum he refused any help saying that there is no point in going to consumer forum as already so many cases are pending against us with no action.

Mar 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Be careful with Biz Bazar. Check your bills before leaving the counter. They fool people in many ways:
1.They don't give the discount on the discounted items.
2.Also, you may find that at one time discount is there on an item & after few hours the discount is removed on that Item & you have not moved out of the store in few hours . e.g: if you are in store at 11am & you had put Item 1 in basket which was in discount at 1pm on the same day when you check out that discount is removed.

Jun 07, 2011 9:58 am

Dear customer,

We have made note of your concerns, and would like to assure you that we do treat complaints about billing discrepancies very seriously. As you claim you face recurring billing issues at a particular outlet, could you share the outlet details with us at [email protected] It would also help if you could mention any bills from your own purchase that carried a discrepancy, your contact details and the ticket number 154 in your mail.

Regards,
Future Group Customer Care

12:00 am

Big Bazaar / Future Group - big bazaar is very poor in customer service and matured in false commitment

Big Bazaar Hyderabad is not good the logistics of home delivery of right goods. I bought a Sofa set, which they did not deliver on time and as they came delivered with wrong product. When I called them, they always assured that another hr time they will call back and that 1 hr never come. All they do false commitment. Normal shops always deliver as promised as they need customer good will. For BIG BAAZAR it does not matter as people are crazy.

5 comments
Jan 27, 2009 8:13 am

Manager of customer care a lady is thr.in kalyani nagar, pune her behaviour towards the customer is very bad she is critisizing customers while purchaging some thing.Every day i m going thr to buy vegitables, accesseries & grossaries. it will be stopping my arrival in Big Bazaar.

Nov 10, 2008 5:13 am

I purchased a Whirlpool refrigirator from Big Bazaar, Kalyani Nagar, Pune on 27th of october 2008.
When I installed it i discovered that its bulb was not working (I don''''t know the actual problem).
Immediatly I informed the store person and they regitered my complain aginst whirlpool after 7 to 8 days. And they gave me Whirlpool Customer Care Number [protected]) and complain no. 2158. When I ask them to resolve my problem ASAP they told me that there enginere will come to my place on Friday (7th Nov, 2008). But when enginere didn''''t come then on very next day(i.e Saturday) I again called to he customer care then they promised me that today i.e. saturday enginer will surely come and also they gave me Whirlpool Service Center Number [protected]) they also mentioned me the enginer name i.e Farooq. I asked Service Center then initially they refused to send any enginere when i insist then they promised me again that they will send one till evening but agin no one was there at my door.
Very next day i.e. Sunday again I called to Whirlpool Customer Care and service Center they both refused to send any enginere on sunday as they said that they didn''''t provide such service on sundays. again they promised me to send enginere on Monday and till now no one called me.
And each time when I called them they tell me that they will call me back but it never happend.
Please do consider the value of time and money.

Aug 03, 2008 2:24 am

Big Bazaar (Kolkata- Lee rd) is really deteriorating in custmer service area..

Today I went to shop and I was told to give 3 Rs change which I did not have, I was replied that then they cannot sale but on the contrary I have noticed that the counter-man had loads of coin inside his coin desk !

How dare they tell me like that, just for a 3 Rs., change they refused to sell the products . I had a bill nearing Rs.3000.

I am really ashamed of such act being a Retailing faculty.

Why can't the HRD hire skilled personnels ?

Every month I spend there around Rs.10000, now just for a 3 rupees harassment it will be stopping my arrival in Big Bazaar.

V
Apr 11, 2007 9:57 pm

I purchased a living room furniture set promised immediate delivery out of limited options for quick delivery. I have called so many times and they say it was come in 1/2 hr and i hr but has never reached me. Very, very poor customer service!

Location: JP nagar, Bangalore
Name of the persons involved: Yousuff (Furniture dept.)

Mar 28, 2007 11:14 pm

I got the dining table registered on 26/1/07 and got the delivery 2 months after that. I have went their personally for 5 times and called them for numerous times. Every time they promised that they will call me in 1 hour but they didnt. They haven't given any compensation either. Very poor customer service!

Details:

Location: JP nagar, Bangalore
Name of the persons involved: Yousuff (Furniture dept.)
Mukesh (Customer service)

C
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Big Bazaar is not mature enough to run the logistics of home delivery of goods. Buying products you can carry yourself is probably fine. I bought a chest of drawers, which they did not deliver on time. When I went to investigate I found that they are "too big" to be able to deliver on time. The floor staff had no idea about the delivery staff. The fitter...

Big Bazaar / Future Group contacts