Best Buyplasma tv repair

J

In 30 years as a buying consumer, I have never been so disrespectfully treated by a company or been given the run around by a company as I have been by Best Buy. They say that if you are a consumer that has a bad experience, you tell 19 other people. In my case, I have told hundreds of people already and it appears that Best Buy doesn't give a damn.

This process has cost me over 18 hours of telephone time as well as 3 days off without pay while waiting for technicians that either don't show or have no idea what they are doing.

I bought a 58 inch Plasma TV from Best Buy in August 07. TV is great until July 08, when HDMI card blows. On July 28, a female Tech comes out from Best Buy (has no business card but her truck and uniform say, The Geek Squad), clearly has no idea in what she is doing, after 30 minutes says she is ordering a HDMI card which should be here in a few days and installed. She sits out in her truck for another 30 minutes assuring me the part has been ordered and leaves.

I follow up a week later on August 7 and speak with Maria in service, and find that they have no knowledge of any tech coming to my house and no part is ordered. Mysteriously, they order the part that day, but how did they know what part if a technician was not here? I continue to follow up with calls to their service department over the next week and continue to get told the part is on order. At this point I have spent approximately 4 hours on the telephone following up with Best Buy.

Around August 10, I file a complaint with consumer relations which in it self is a joke. They don't treat you with respect and they essentially have no authority to do anything. I speak with a Eric Bodelson, a Supervisor after some consumer relations guy named Brian gives me a hard time. Eric makes all sorts of promises like I will get this resolved immediately, etc and then doesn't return calls. I call service again and am told that the part comes in on August 15 and they want to schedule the service call. No one calls me like they were supposed to so again I call them. By the way, I have called Eric Bodelson over a 6 times and he won't return calls. What does that say for a "consumer relations" department.

On August 20th, I speak with a Supervisor named Ashley who was quite rude, nonetheless, schedules me for August 28th between 9am and 12pm. At 9am I call the service department to find out what time the tech will show. After, 45 minutes of holding on the line with various customer service people, I am told that while I was scheduled for the 28th, they forgot to put the service call on their schedule. By some amazement, she finds a way to have two technicians show up at my house within three hours. They do some testing and tell me again that the HDMI card and cable is blown. This was previously diagnosed on July 28, and the part was supposedly ordered three previous times. So they go out to their vans (2 of them) look though hundreds of boxes and can't find the part. Now they call the service center in Mansfield, MA and speak with the Geek squad supervisor, Bruce who says he will order a new part for installation tomorrow. I ask to speak with him and he is rude as hell to me and says he will see what he can do. When the technicians leave, the TV is still broke, no set time when Best Buy will be back, and I am told by the two techs that 4 guys will be needed to get the part in due to the placement of the TV over the fireplace.

So no call the next day like I was promised so I call Bruce who still hasn't returned my telephone call for five days. Neither has Mike McDowell, supposedly another supervisor at the service center. The part was shipped to my house and received here on Sept 2, but now no one will return a call. Not sure how the story ends but I can guarantee you that I will never step a foot in a Best Buy store and will let everyone know of my horrendous, unconscionable experience with Best Buy...I have now filed complaints with the Massachusetts Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs and the news media.

They are only sales not customer service!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices