Menu
Best Buy
reviews & complaints

Best Buy
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

783 complaints
198 resolved 585 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Best Buy. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
S
11:29 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Best Buy has got to be the worst place to work for ever!!! They only hire part time and no matter how good you are they will harrass and harang you in the ground over small garbage they are more concerned about their bottom line than they are about their employees or customers!!! Their management are snobs and suckup brown noser's and apperently the only...

11:37 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My mom needed a computer so we went to Best Buy. I found one with salesperson's help, he was very helpful and nice. Went back in when Mom arrived, found him again, said we'd take it. He checked stock and found only demo was left. Other salesperson left his customers to check stock too. He never made it to the computer because our guy said only the demo wa...

G
9:09 am

Best Buy - warranty fraud

As a retired Marine it is my upmost concern that all my service brothers, along with every hardworking American consumer receive this information to avoid the extreme hassle and waste of time that bestbuy put on my family and me. Last December my Wife purchased an ipod touch for me as a christmas present. We then went and purchased the two year extended warranty on it, mostly due to the fashion the associate promoted the warranty to be, the associate promised that it would cover accidental damages and would be a very simple easy process if the device would need to be exchanged. Since the warranty is about two pages long worth of fine print we made the mistake of taking the associate's word and purchasing the warranty. This past September 14th I took the device in because the battery was not charging or holding a charge. Right from the get go it was a complete nightmare! All the geek squad reps were completely unprofessional and treated my wife and I like some sort of cons. They finally took the ipod to what they said would be looked at and told us they would contact us as soon as they would know something(all our contact information was provided to them). After waiting and waiting and waiting on Oct 21st I personally went up to the store(best buy Rosenberg Texas) and asked what was going on with my item. And what a suprise, they had received it and somehow had just forgot to contact me. The bag where they had placed the ipod had a date of Sept. 30th. The worst part is they claimed that the device was water damaged and that I only had a standard warranty that did not cover that type of incident. After speaking to a supervisor which was completely rude and unprofessional, I was out without nothing! And they even tried to charge me a labor fee despite nothing being fixed or replaced on the item! The supervisor asked me what I thought would be fair and I stated to repair or replace the device and he stated that he could not just give me $229.00, I stated that I guess thats what his company's reputation is worth then, and that it is clear how much they value their customers! Today Oct. 22nd I went up to the Apple store located in the 1st Colony Mall in sugarland Texas, mostly due to informing myself that the liquid sensor that it has was actually not showing a positive test. The representitive I talked to at apple looked into it and had his tech ppl check it out and suprise suprise there was NO WATER DAMAGE to the device as best buy had stated! Thankfully Apple replaced the Ipod on the spot and I will be following up on getting everyone I delt with's info at bestbuy Rosenberg to file a complain. I clearly believe that they used the "water damage" as a copout and it is very sad of how badly they treat and respect their customers! This whole situation comes across as a clear FRAUD to me! Maybe now that circuityouknowwhat is bankrupt bestbuy is overconfident and feels like they can treat customers as they feel, but as we all know we live in the wonderful age of information and CHOICES! Last time I set foot in bestbuy!

2 comments
T
Jul 10, 2011 3:59 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

@Gerh74 - If you still have evidence of what the Apple store did, file a complaint with your local BBB and /or your state's division of consumer affairs to at least refund your plan price. Look, it's the principle at this point. The plan administrator is NEW Corporation - BBY sends prospective repairs to a service depot. Unfortunately, what sales people say is HERESAY, generally wrought with half-truths and deceptions and you have the right to cancel the over a period of time. Fine Print is made for lawyers, not for consumers to scrutinze in the stores. Best of luck. Buy online at great companies such as Amazon.

It is horrible what you and much of us are going through when it comes to the warranties and best buy. I just got a really bad experience like you with my ipod today. they even erased all my data without asking me the lady in Coral springs fl Jessica and the so call manager David weren't really helping me with anything and when i call the 1888-bestbuy they think that with just a $30 gift card can resolve all the problems pleaseeeee. they erased all my information without my permission. When it comes to sell they are really friendly people but as soon you walk to the store to talk to the Geek Squad or the customer service you can even see with their body language that they are arrogant and ignored people.
I been buying for more than 18 years in best buy but since this incident. I wouldn't recommend this store to anyone specially when it comes to FIGHT Warranties. Next time ... Ipod Store.

11:30 pm

Best Buy - wouldn't honor price match when terms met

Sears had a 3 day sale on the Sony KDL-40VE5 for $899 with another 10% off in-store instant coupon for a net $809 price before tax. Best Buy had the TV for $1199. Sony just added a $300 spiff to retailers for the TV which Best Buy did not reflect in their price. Best Buy policy clearly states they will match price including instant rebates on in-stock items, regular stock items at a bricks and mortar competitor. The sales person at Best Buy confirmed the price and availability of the TV at the Sears down the street from Best Buy. The store manager on duty Keon, in the Marlborough, MA store said he wouldn't honor the price match because they would lose money. WHAT! Nowhere in the store policy does it say that.

Stay away from these idiots. They can't even follow their own policies even when it's read to them.

O
Oct 09, 2009 9:16 pm

why not just pay the $1199?

7:16 pm

Best Buy - fraud

Dont buy from this people, is a nightmare, I will never buy online from this company again, the dont care about the customer, the only want to sell you, is a scam, fraud, really bad.

K
Sep 30, 2009 8:07 pm

just a suggestion - to have your complaint taken more seriously, try releasing your caps lock button.

2:41 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a western digital media player online from best buy on september 18, 2009, for $119.99. six days later, their website price was $99.99. i e-mailed best buy customer service ([email protected]) to ask if their online price guarantee pertains to their own website and not just their competitors'. i was hoping for a $20.00 rebate, based...

I
3:16 pm

Best Buy - robbery

Three months ago on 12/12/07 I went to bestbuy in san antonio and purchased a hd home theater and hd dvd player for the total $4000.00. The dvd player was $399.99 Now to be told that the movie makers are no longer going to use the hd dvd format so that now means that I will not be able to buy new movies for my dvd player. I received an email from bestbuy saying I could use there trade in to buy a blue ray player so I inquired in there trade in site for the player and 10 new movies and they offered me $56.70. I then phoned the store to see if they had any other offers and explained the situation to the sales assistant only to be told she only earns $9.00 An hour and was not interested. I then phoned head office to be told it was not there problem so whose problem is it besides mine. Either the multimillion doller movie makers who dictate to there customers what format they are going to use. Toshiba the makers of the dvd player or bestbuy who only sold it to me 3 months ago. Somebody must have know that this format was not going to be used anymore, so here I am with a hd dvd player that I can not buy hd movies for I can just use ordinary format movies on a $4000.00 Hd home movie theater it is about time someone stood up and admitted this is robbery to the working class as usual the rich get richer

C

Why didn't you do you research your fault not bestbuy.

2:15 pm

Best Buy - very bad experience

I purchased a 42 plasma TV from BestBuy in Feb of 2006. I also purchased a 4-year extended warranty for it. In July of 2008 the set started to have several issues. I called Best Buy and they had a local service center pick the TV up for repair. It was picked up on July 18th 2008. I have not seen my TV since. The service center is unable to repair the set due to unavailable parts. Not to mention, the service center is a boarded up storefront in the worst part of town. I have photos of the service center. The service center rarely answers their phone and never calls back when they say they will. Best Buy also never returns promised call either. Two different supervisors over at Best Buy put in replacement requests. Both of which were denied by their insurance carrier. So now, my TV is still sitting at the service center after 4 months, with no hopes of being repaired or replaced at this point. Best Buy has FAILED miserably in fullfilling their warranty obligations on this item. I have documented all calls made to Best Buy as well as the TV service center showing the dozens of times and countless hours I have had to spend trying to get this resolved. At this point, I doubt that we will EVER get our TV returned to us in working order, or replaced for that matter.

2:14 pm

Best Buy - scammers

My son has a learning disability that requires him to use a computer in school. We purchased a compaq laptop computer from best buy on 9/16/06. We added an all inclusive 3 year service plan as told to us by the salesman. Up until recently we had not had any problem with this computer. Several weeks ago we took the computer to the geek squad at best buy. My son explained the problems the computer was having and a diagnostic was done. The service tech claimed he could find nothing wrong. In less than a week, the computer was shutting itself off each time my son tried to use it. We took the computer back to the geek guys on 12/19/08. My son again explained the problems as we were told that best buy would send it out for repair and it would be 2 to 3 weeks. This was not that big of a problem at the time because it was the holidays and school was closed. On 01/07, my son called best buy to see if his computer was back, since school is back in session and he is having a very difficult time without it. They put my son on hold for a few minutes. When the geek guy got back on the phone he told my son that ten minutes ago they realized his computer could not be repaired on site and would now send it out for 2 to 3 weeks for repair. (We had best buy on speaker phone so I did hear this conversation myself.) My husband called and spoke to the store manager later that day and was told all he could do was "expedite" his repair order. So, basically we paid an additional $250.00 At purchase for a service contract that covers absolutely nothing. Now, as a family, we have purchased thousands of dollars worth of products from this store, each time purchasing a service contract though never needing to use one. How does best buy get away with this? I was clearly told at the time we purchased my son's computer that anytime during the next three years his computer would be repaired or replaced in a timely manner. This computer was $500.00 And like a fool I paid another $250.00 For a service plan that doesn't cover anything. And, to add insult to injury, we just purchased a new desktop computer over the holidays and paid for another useless service contract. We will never use best buy again. My son is so upset. He can't get through another 3 weeks without his computer. I just looked into renting a computer for him and that will cost $400.00 For 3 weeks. I may have to buy him a new laptop, but I won't be going to best buy! I would think that in this economy, big stores like best buy would want foster good consumer relations. Today alone I spoke with teachers, mothers, students, even my doctor about not shopping at best buy.

I found out I am not the only fool in this town! Not really very comforting.

2 comments
L
Jul 04, 2009 6:54 pm

I purchased a Westinghouse 32" LCD TV from Best Buy in 2005. When I purchased it I was also offered an extended in home warranty which I bought. It was presented to me as a no hassle, prompt action, repair/replacement insurance that was worth the $400.00.

I started having problems with this TV late October of 2008. The TV started having splotches on the screen that seemed to grow. I called Best Buy concerning this problem on 18 November 2008. The technician scheduled me for an in home visit on 5 December 2008. Their reasoning for not being able to schedule an appointment for earlier than 3 weeks is lack of manpower. I received a call from Best Buy on the morning of 5 December 2008. The technician had called in, and there were no other technicians available; they also stated that they need to reschedule and that it could be another 2 weeks before someone is available. They told me the alternative was to schedule an appointment for a week later, (12 December 2008) in which a 3rd party repair center would take care of the repairs. I accepted this appointment.

I received a call from (the 3rd party) on the evening of 11 December. They explained to me that they had scheduling conflicts and would like to reschedule the visit. I told them that this was not acceptable at all. They kept the appointment and they service technician visited us on 12 December. The technician took a look at the TV and decided that the back panel was seperating from the front panel. He wrote on the work order in the Service Performed block "Needs Panel" and "2 Weeks". This turns out to be abigous since he did not explain what 2 weeks meant.

I called Best Buy on 15 December to find out what that status was. At that time they stated that they had no status and that I needed to give this 3rd party 3 business days to update their records. Since this call I have called Best Buy on 6 occasions and have spoken to 9 seperate Best Buy customer service reps to deal with this. I have been told that the parts have been ordered, then I was told they never were placed on order, they also told me that no one knows for sure until the 3rd party is contacted. As of the 26 of December no one knows the status of the repair or part, including myself. It has been over 5 weeks and the TV is still not repaired.

The bottom line is I paid $400 for an "insurance" policy that does not seem to deliver. I have received misinformation and the run around and my TV still has growing splotches.

A
Aug 05, 2009 6:01 pm

I was trying to find out what to do with the tv, (LG plasma 42"&home center system) we bought in sept of 07 because the sound is not working right. I have an extended warrenty with best buy techs, and i was speaking to Mark the asst. mgr. at the westland store located on cowan rd. explaining the problem with the tv and the geek squad in which i first called for repairs. The geek squad said it would be a 200.00 dolaar charge for them to come out and check the tv, i said no and called the store again, they set up a time to come out today 6-26-08 between 8 and noon fine, today they called before they came out and said there would be a 100.00 dollar charge and it had to be paid in advance before they would send anyone out..i then called Mark the asst mgr. and was explaineing the problem i had with the tv and the geek squad and he plain out right hung up on me...To me that is bad bussiness and i guess best buy atitude is anything you want untill you buy it and take it home then it is your problem..Never agian will i buy another item from best buy or at least not this store, they must be trained to do this in order to sell a product then it's your problem..Take my advice don't go to this store bad personel they will sell you anything then it's your problem not theres, they just have to hang up on you...

N
5:07 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I contracted with Best Buy to put a LCD TV on the wall. the first time they came out theyhad the wrong bolts. They said they would order new ones, after a week I called and no one had ordered any. I ordered them on the phone and two weeks later they came out to install with the new bolts...You guessed it wrong bolts. Now when I call back no one really...

L
5:20 pm

Best Buy - awful, awful, awful

I PURCHASED A $1, 100.00 L G dryer Nov. 28, 2003 which was delivered Feb. 17, 2004, I also purchased a 5yr warranty, which has been used once for the same dryer. Just prior to the expiration of my warranty, the first day for repair was Nov. 28, 2008, called left stating they were unable to make it called and get another appt., then I was given an appointment for Dec. 11, 2008, no show, around that time my day passed so it took me sometime to get things together. I called again on Jan 16, 2009 and was given an appointment of Jan 30th. Well on the 27th of Jan they called and changed the appointment to Feb. 7th, 2009. Now that I'm requesting an earlier appointment I am now been advised by a supervisor in consumer relations, I am out of warranty and I would have to pay for any repair work.

5:36 pm

Best Buy - stay away

Stay away from this company. I ordered components early November...was told it shipped December 15...asked for a tracking number and was told I was a crook. Thankfully my CC company was able to get me money back. The owner's name is Ken...he is very rude and would not send me tracking information. Just google their name and you will see many more instances of how they treat their customers.

5 comments
P
Sep 10, 2011 4:25 pm

placed an oder for golf grips and supplies ($155.42). They showed "processing" for 4+ weeks then "shipped" on 8/19/2011. Order never received, emails and phone messages not responded to, etc. I called bank and stopped the payment and emailed BBGS to inform them of the cancellation.

V
Aug 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Ordered product on June 9, 2009 and credit card was charged. Have not received product as of August 16, 2009.

Dear Valued Customer, First I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that I have caused you or your family. I feel terrible for not responding earlier and staying on top of any issues that arose that should have been handled in a professional manner. We have been having supplier problems since 2004 as we distributed products for many different manufacturers. We should have communicated better with you and for that i am very sorry we did not. We were growing so quickly we did not have the man power to take care of everything the way it should have been which is my fault i should have brought on more help. I just wanted to reply to everyone that was affected and publicly apologize for the inconvenience we caused. I wish everyone a wonderful holiday season with your family.

BBGS
Ken

Mar 30, 2011 5:06 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I also have the same problem. No one will call me back or tell me where my item is! It's been 3 weeks and nothing to show for it.. Never do business with people like this.. I will be calling my credit card company for a refund.

Dear Mr Degorgio, We are showing that your order was delivered to you can you please give us a call so we can find out what has happened. Thank you very much Best Buy Golf Supply.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a brand new laptop from best buy on 8/5/09. Purchased Kaspersky internet security 2009 per the advisement of the clerk. On 8/24/09 My computer stopped working properly. I called Best Buy and they told me to bring it right in. They then said they had to run a diagnostic on it. It took them 9 days to accomplish this task. Then they called me and...

9:04 pm

Best Buy - bait & switch 2

here is what i wrote before to best buy. still absolutely no response! incredible the lack of response. i will never ever set foot in one of their stores again:

here is email i just sent to best buy:

i went to your store in enfield, CT today to look at 2 big screen tv's advertised on the front page of your weekly circular. after searching exhaustively, i could find neither on display. a store employee who was talking to another customer was there, and i waited until a lull in their conversation to excuse myself and ask if they were on display. he said he'd have to look it up, then ignored me. i left to search again, saying, "when you get a chance, please look it up". i waited another 10 minutes, again not finding the advertised items. there were other sales people in the store, but none in that department, and no one approached me to ask if i needed assistance, even though i think i made it obvious as i wandereed down the aisle, comparing the items to your circular. mind you it was dinner time, about 7PM, and there were few customers in the store.

now i dont begrudge your employee from finishing his first sale (if indeed that was what he was doing, as they seemed to be having a lot more laughs than i usuaully have with salespeople). but the lack of assistance led me to just leave the store. back when circuit city was in business, whenever i went in there i was helped immediately. thats why i bought fridges, ovens, microwaves, stereos, airconditioners, and other things from them. in other words, you customer service sucks. well there is nothing i can do about that, except keep out of your stores in the future -- and ps -- when i boycott a brick and mortar establishment, their internet version gets the same treatment.

further, i find it astonishing that you would go to the expense to advertise products on the front page of a national circular, and then not even have them avalable for inspection during the time they are on sale. except, of course, unless you are doing the old bait and switch: advertise a good deal just to get people in, then not have the item available. and that is something i can do something about, as i believe it is illegal under consumer protection laws of both CT and MA. I will contacting the consumer protection agencies of both states forthwith. -- joe

M
10:58 am

Best Buy - laptop held hostage by the geek squad

On July 27th, I took my laptop to the local BestBuy Geek Squad to repair a crack in the screen. I wasn't sure if it was covered under warranty - apparently not - so agreed to the repair cost and paid a deposit. After a reasonable 3 week wait, I called the local store to find out the status. The employee had no information except what was on the tracker, that of course, I could read myself. It's now September 3rd, and my laptop is still not repaired. A couple of weeks ago I complained on the online corporate website about the bizarre length of time this is taking and received a phone call from a store employee last Fridaywho just read over the phone everything the online tracker stated - laptop received, parts ordered, being repaired -then on 8/17 parts were ordered again and nothing has been posted since!
Needless to say, I have lost all confidence in Best Buy and the Geek Squad and will never purchase another item from that franchise.

12:40 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

here is email i just sent to best buy: i went to your store in enfield, CT today to look at 2 big screen tv's advertised on the front page of your weekly circular. after searching exhaustively, i could find neither on display. a store employee who was talking to another customer was there, and i waited until a lull in their conversation to excuse myself...

Best Buy - credit card scam

Consumer beware of best buy-hsbc ccount fraud. It occured to me last night that this has to be a scam and decided to goggle the internet, I am not surprised to find so many of the same complaints. Since late 2008 I have been fighting with this company. Before ever going late while I was at a low interest rate I applied for a "hardship", 0% interest, fixed payment plan until the account is paid off. I was told, they would debt 3 payments (All they could do in advance) from my checking account, to call in the last month and issue 3 more payments (This would be on going). Imagine my surprise in feb 2009, when they called to collect on a late payment, stating my account was never set up after the first 3 payment, they had no record of my authorization to debit 3 additional payments and that I was now off the program. The rep for hsbc stated I could never be put back on the program once I was taken off. They raised my interest rate to 21%, charge $39.00 late fee and $15.00 check fee to take my payment at that time to correct my account (More than once). I have called on a monthly basis trying to get this corrected since march 2009, it is now going into september and nothing has been done. On august 24, 2009 I called hsbc again with a complaint off having $105.42 in late fees and interest added to my account. Every phone call, is answered by an overly friendly customer rep with a middle eastern accent, the calls are not being answered in the u. S. (I asked). I get passed around to different departments, each person wasting time listening to my complaint only to tell me can't help me and need to transfer me again. I estimate I have spent up to 12 hours in phone calls. Last week I was told they would pull the phone record tapes to review the calls I have made to determine where the error has occured. I asked if I would get a written letter as to the finds and I was told absolutely not that someone would be calling me in 2-3 days. No one ever called. When I called yesterday after getting the statement the same cycle began again, transferred after 10 minutes, put on hold 5 times, at 44 minutes (Indicated on my phone) I finally hung up while waiting for someone to come back on the line. This is a scam. This is a company who intentionally defaults accounts to collect late fees and escalates interest rates for profit. I have no idea how to fix this other than to file a complain on every website, the better business bureau and the state attorney general's office. This company needs to be stopped.

3 comments
Sep 09, 2008 7:35 am

If you buy anything at Best Buy do not apply for their credit cards. I made this mistake TWICE (yes I am an idiot). Best Buy wont do anything for you if you need customer service concerning their credit cards. They refer you to the actual cardholder: HSBC Bank. If you try to call HSBC you will NEVER reach a human being no matter what path you take through their phone menus.

Pressing, 'Zero' does nothing but, repeat the same useless message you just heard. If you call Best Buy and tell them this, they will give you another number for HSBC. Guess what? You wont reach anyone there either. Pay the card off in full and guess what? They send you another bill for meaningless charges. Pay those off and - you guessed it, they will charge you some piddly sum under $2 in hopes that you wont pay that in time and they can add more.

Sep 15, 2009 10:44 pm

I can't believe that consumers must pay to make payments if they are not within the 3 days before the due date. This should be stopped. When I opened up my Best Buy credit card (the biggest mistake ever) I purchased 5 computers. I was given a $2, 000.000 credit limit, but the computers exceeded $2, 000.00. The salesperson said it was fine that they exceeded the amount and that Best Buy wouldn't do anything if they did. They exceeded something like $200.00 over. I was in arrearage for over 2 years! In spite of making decent sized payments around $65.00 per month, I was never able to catch up with the over amount. I too ended up paying a day before my due date and had to pay an additional $15.00 to pay Best Buy because I did not pay them 3 days before my payment was due. This is a big joke and I'm surprised that our government is letting them get away with this. At the looks of this, I will pay Best Buy for the rest of my life. Not to mention, that one of the computers and monitors were opened and broken! I took them back and Best Buy REFUSED TO ALLOW ME TO RETURN THEM. I told them the box was taped when they gave it to me and I paid for a new tower and monitor. I GOT STUCK WITH A BROKEN COMPUTER THAT GIVES ME A BLUE SCREEN since day one and I had to pay FULL PRICE IN SPITE OF MY COMPLAINTS. I got scammed by this company and even more scammed with this outrageous interest and these payments. I lost some income over this summer and my first payment is late (not 30 days). My bill shows that I owe 3 times the amount, because of the late fee they added. I tried calling and of course get the people from India who keep on repeating the same things over and over. I asked if I could get my payment lowered and she kept referring me to Consumer Credit Counseling at [protected]. Each time I call them, they are closed, so I get nowhere. HSBC has no hardship program and customers call in asking for help, all they do is get them deeper and deeper in debt by adding on their late fees and requesting for large amounts of money. I'm fed up with all the money I've paid Best Buy especially since I'm stuck with a broken computer from day one when I paid for a new one. It's amazing how Best Buy can get away with this and no one steps in to put a stop to this. The consumer will have no alternative but to go bankrupt. If a credit counseling steps in, the consumer will still suffer with their credit report, so why even bother? It's time all credit cards start working with their customers especially now when job loss is at an all time high and no one asked for this economy.

N
Aug 28, 2009 12:39 am

they are a pathethic company--tried to pay on line--they will charge you late charges if you pay within 3 days of due date--the lady said "well it's in your contract, but she would waive it this one time for me" I've paid my bill off & hope these crooks are dealt with

G
5:30 pm

Best Buy - online toshiba notebook order

Hi,

I ordered a toshiba laptop on bestbuy.com by online shopping at the date of 12 August. My order number was BBY01-297458038064 . By 12th of August i got an email saying that my order was completed and it would be ready for shipping within one day and the estimated delivery date was before 20th of August. But i got no e-mail after that. So on 15th of August i sent another e-mail and asked the status of my order. I got a response on the 16th of August saying that my order was back ordered and they were waiting for the supplier... So i wrote another e-mail and complaint about not informing me about the case before my e-mail and asked if it could be delivered before 23th of August since i wil leave US at that date. And got an e-mail on the 18th saying that it wouldn't be possible to deliver my order before that day, and i could cancel my order by replying that e-mail if i'd like. And at the same day i replied with an e-mail asking to cancel the order. I got
no response! than i wrote another e-mail using my bestbuy account, and got no answer. On 19th i wrote my third e-mail to cancel the order, got no response!
So at 20th of August icalled the customer service and asked to cancel the order, they told me that my order was ready to ship and she was not sure if she could cancel it, but she would inform me with an e-mail about the case. Guess what? They did not send me any e-mail! Now i am travelling out of US and will not be able to get my order, and i can not either cancel it! What will happen to the Money i payed now?

M
Aug 22, 2009 6:32 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Maybe you should have called them in first place! Don't always rely on email, a lot of times you either never hear back or it's not for a long time when you get a response.

O
3:28 pm

Best Buy - geek squad - customer service

My complaint:
I am amazed at the lack of accountability from floor geek to corporate "human" customer care representative.

The entire organization uses policy and automated services to deflect responsibility and ownership to its customers.

Do not buy best buy~ they do not care who you are, what your circumstances; there are nooo humans.

I did not talk to one person that had an ounce of control or accountability. No matter how many mistakes on their part, I was not worth a dime of the thousands of dollars I spend at their stores.

My story:
Long story short… I brought a laptop in for repair. It is my son’s in the air force. Came to pick it up, had them boot the machine up and it wouldn’t even post. I got a smart a$ answer. “i’m sure they did a hardware check.” ok? Now what?

I asked to escalate. I got a 1-800 number. Then they asked the desk girl to call. I got the same voice recording. They “over-nighted” the laptop to geek city (Yes I said geek city) in louisville ky (Had to find that later too)

They never marked as a “re-do” so the work was never done. Another week later, no response. Found corporate office numbers. Talked to 3 folks there and still no one that cares. Here I am 24 hours until I go see my son that is serving all of us, can’t even bring him a laptop.

The excuse I hear over and over, sorry I have to follow the process, there is no one to talk to. Oh... And they are soooo sorry.

8:00 pm

Best Buy - overcharged

I was in the market to buy a Whirlpool - 9.7 Cu. Ft. Frost-Free Top-Mount Refrigerator Model: ET0MSRXTQ. Best Buy offers this refrigerator, but does not stock it (at least not in Michigan ... I used Best Buy's store locator to find a store with the product in stock).

I could not order the product on-line with a store pick-up option. Delivery costs $70, which I wanted to avoid since the refigerator is small and I could pick it up at a store a couple of miles from my house.

I used the "click to chat" option on the ordering page. The assistant could not answer the question as to how I can place an order on-line to pick it up in the store. Instead her only asstance offer was to provide me the telephone number of the store (which I already had), saying I would have to arrange something with the store. I asked her to make the call and arrangement ... she said she could not.

So, I purchased the item on-line from Lowes for $10 less, including free delivery and it was delivered to my home the next afternoon.

V
May 27, 2012 5:22 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Okat and my question is if you bought it from lowes. how did Best Buy overcharge you? Lame man

Best Buy contacts