BB&Tillegal overdraft fees

E

They pulled money from the wrong account on on-line bill pay. The 2nd account only had $2.50 in it the other account had $1500. They billed us (TOOK OUR MONEY), $310 in overage fees and will not return it. They finally gave us $70 dollars and told us to take a hike. They were rude and the cause of this was because of this was related to the buy out of Colonial Banks.
DO NOT USE BB&T AS YOUR BANK UNLESS YOU READ all the info about the overdraft fees etc... You will find it appaling and remember that with us it was their error during the colonial switch over. We cannot afford a lawyer.

• RAELYNN35 Jun 15, 2018

I think your absolutely giddy because once again you think your better and smarter than the people on here, so you talk down to them..lol what's wrong did you get beat up too much in school...or just lose that really important spelling bee lol! Wow your so pathetic it's just sad SAD SAD SAD SAAAAD! AND FINALLY I THINK HE GETS IT! Why can't you actually help people out instead of being a virus on here..just like herpes ... anyway usually that revelation you are going on about that's giving most of us a headache is already known..it's read but that still doesn't mean BB&T your employer isn't screwing ppl out of money. Unless it works that way now cause you say so..read a pamphlet and don't get bent over ??? Whatever ...

• Ye
    Yes I work for the bank Jul 30, 2010

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN WE HAVE HIT UPON SOMETHING HERE!
    Allow me to quote. I love when people catch on!

"DO NOT USE BB&T AS YOUR BANK UNLESS YOU READ all the info about the overdraft fees etc... "

YEEEEEEES! YES YES YES YES YES! SOMEONE GETS IT! Read the documents that govern how your account is handled! The genius is in the simplicity and I'm absolutely giddy with your revelation!

Also, have to agree with the first poster. In the OLB there is a field where YOU THE CLIENT CHOOSE WHAT ACCOUNT THE MONEY DRAWS FROM.

• Pr
    provenunbreakable Jun 29, 2010

Sorry for spelling on last rant I'm on a phone and couldn't see everything I was writing.

• RAELYNN35 Jun 15, 2018

@provenunbreakable Your cool man let it out :) it's the dude that works for the bank below our comments you gotta watch for . He likes to treat everyone like an idiot even though that's him personified...

• Pr
    provenunbreakable Jun 29, 2010

I have banked with BB&T for many many year. Thy have went down hill tremendously. BB&T allowed my ex wife to access my checking account even with a password on the account. They did not pay attention her name was removed. This allowed her to access my credit line. No I'm not going to press charges on my ex she thought her name was on the account an paid me back. How ever the bank took no action against the slack and wreckless employee I noticed they got a promotion a few months later. OK people make mistakes.
    So my solution since the bank didn't offer one was put a hold on my checking and credit line. No problem says the bank. I tell them I will open a new checking account and tie my credit line to that new account. OK since my ex drained me at that time they said I needed to deposit money to open a new account. OK fine I get paid in 5 days we will do that when my check comes. Well the dumb relationship banker didn't freeze or put a hold he closed my account and didn't tell me.
    When I went to open my new account I found this out. So at this time I'm refinancing my home with BB&T where my home loan had been with me and my ex. I'm approved great 130, 000 home loan my name only. At the time of this I had my 2500 credit line. When I went to reapply for my credit line of 800. No they ne'er offer to reinstate the account closed in their error. I get declined. Upon being declined I complained I'm told we reviewed this we WILL approve it just reapply again. (Promising this is illegal by the way) I get declined again because of underwriting.oh great take another beacon point from me and lie again and mislead me. Now I'm stuck with no credit line. I tell BB&T to opt me out of overdrafts they said it can not be done. I'm told there is an agreement with visa to allow over drafts because of agreements with merchants to allow smaller charges to clear. When I was 18 years old my check card was declined when money was not in the account. Why did banks change that to be allowed for their pockets that's why. I have asked BB&t to opt me out of overdrafts for the last 3 years and told it can't be done. Today I was told by BB&t I could have filled a form out and been opted out for the last three years. I have been lied to again. Yes I'm sitting on 300+ in overdraft fees now why? Because now the bank manipulate charges bigger before smaller wtf is this. When I fill out my check register I don't know if next charge Weill be bigger or smaller. Why am I insulted by my bank and asked to provide a check register if you manipulate numbers. If I have 50 dollars make 4 10 dollar transactions then something come up and I need to overdraft the next charge and choose to pay 35 odf fee for what I need like gas. How is it my bennifit to alter the order of charges when your going to let it all go through anyway? So I get hit with 4 35 dollar fees on 40 dollars instead of one on 50.. why have I been told I could not opt out for 3 years when I could? Why did the manager of the bank not care which relationship banker mislead me. Why would multiple relationship bankers tell me I could not opt out until now since fed regulations become enforced while the bank had a form this entire time. This is unfair, when do banks not have to follow udap guidelines and notify me of changes to agreements. BB&t has me doing e statements I don't get paper statements. Making changes with out a formal notification is slack and unprofessional. Don't tell me to read fine print on a statement I don't get. I thought online banking made it simple I thought using thresholds and alerts texts to my phone was enought. Why are there no pop ups on your page with I accept when you make changes that involve UDAP policies. Why do I not even get a message or account alert from BB&t when I log in. There is an obvious message feature on your site that this bank does not even use.
    Class action I'm all in it where do I sign up I havew paid this bank over 800 in fees in the past 6 months that almost half a months pay after taxes. These are unfair practices that not only BB&T does but a lot of banks do. You can't make it with out a bank these days. You can barley cash your paycheck with out one. BB&T has in turn damaged my credit with these errors violated federal laws, and made no attempt to care or fix their mistakes. I see on tv however today they are going to bonus millions to some more top dogs for their performance. Where a real attorney at that wants my case. [email protected] find me cause I'm sick of being the little guy and sick of people being done dirty like this. BB&T yea there's plenty of opportunity.. plenty for YOU to improve...