BB&T Bankdebt my account

I checked my account online today and discovered a debt amount of $331.00 to BB&T telephone payment? I never called and gave anyone permission to take that money out of my account. When I called I was passed around and then finally got a lady named Renee from the Recovery Department and she told me that it was for an overdraft from the year 2002! Seven years ago!! I did't have an account with BB&T in 2002 I closed my account with them in 2000 which I even got a check for and opened a new account with another bank which to my bad luck BB&T bought in 2006. They have never tried to reach me and rude Renee said that they didn't have to that I signed a contract. Then she gave me another phone number to call which of course I got someones voice mail and won't be holding my breath for them to return my call. As far as I'm concerned THEY STOLE MY MONEY I called customer service again and that person told me that I would have to go to one of the branch offices which means taking time off from work because BB&T is not open past 5pm or on the weekends. I am shocked that they think they can steal the money that you have put in their bank, good thing I had enough in there or they would be getting more money for overdrafts fees that they caused. Once I get this taken care of I will close my account with BB&T again...now I know why I had a bad feeling about them the first time around.

Margie G. Feb 10, 2012

they are all crooks. Close your accounts and go somewhere else. BBT is the worse bank in the world. With the help from a bank employee crook she help my son steal my Mother's cds after she passed away. It won't do any good to try to sue them. They are all crooks. They need to be closed down. I hate them. I don't wish BBT on anyone but the devil. I hope they all pay one day for what they do and done to people. I went threw hell with this bank. I hope they close down. I would love to see that happen. I would make a special trip to laugh in there faces like they did me. I would laugh at that women and the manager and hope they lose everything they have.

• Ki
    kiddrock Dec 04, 2009

You guys are idiots. If you owe money when you close an account they are of course going to get it back. Pay your debts before they have to pay them for you. Just because you close that account before all transactions posted to that account doesn't mean you got away with it. If you OVERDRAFT your account that is your fault and not the bank's. Be more responsible and I would suggest you get a chexsystem report.

• Ab
    abeadle Sep 27, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me. On 9/22/09 I opened my account to see that $300.61 was taken out of my account in the form of a telephone payment! I called got the runaround by 6 people and finally found out that I had an account with First VA back in 2004 and when I closed my acct I still had a balance and they just decided to take it out here on 9/22/09! I never received no phone call nor a letter! The women from Recovery name June stated that they sent a letter to me in April of 2004 but they were not required to contact me about it! I feel the same as LCLARKE does, they STOLE my MONEY! If I owed it I would have made payments to them. And why after 5 years did they just fine this, why not when I set back up with BBT a year ago???? Why was I not contacted? My # is not the same but my PO Box has been the same since 2002! I swear I did not owe them money, I want them to prove it, but when I asked for my contract they said that the time frame had elapsed and they did not have it anymore, ok then HOW CAN YOU PROVED I OWE IT THEN!!!??????? I want my DAMN $300.61 back! BBT will SCREW you everytime they can, they are the worst bank and can GO TO HELL!!! Right of offset my ###!