Batteries Plus Bulbscheated/scammed

R

Bought a battery from Battery Plus with a three year warranty. Since this is a convertible, I opted for the more expensive, higher AMP battery which I think was a 720CCA. One and a half years later it failed. Called the store, said it would be prorated and come on down. Got there and he calls some guy from Advance Auto to double check the specs. Told me that according to Batteries Plus and Advance Auto that the battery called for in this car was a 525CCA. Tried to tell me if I put a too big a battery in a car that the alt wouldn't be able to charge it. When I complained that he was replacing a more expensive battery with a cheaper one, he continued with his sales lies. This put me in a bind; if he'd told me this on the phone, I could have called a few places to check around. Not knowing if this bad battery would last another day or get me home, I took the 525CCA that he prorated. I found out that the 525CCA would fit but every auto parts store had about three upgraded options for a better battery.

That was June, now it's November and that 525CCA battery has failed. The manager has graciously offered to upgrade me to a higher amp battery at my own cost. How kind to replace a replacement I shouldn't have ever been given. The replacement should have been like kind and like quality. I think I'll take the smaller battery, let it fail in another five months and let them give me a second free battery.

Want a good battery, anyplace but this place.

• Ba
    batteriesplussucks Jan 30, 2012

the manager is a fat tobacco chewing redneck slob who use to work for advance auto. He has inexperienced sales associates that just kiss his fat ### to keep their job but the employees dont like him. The batteries are crap and refurbished and they have a huge mark up on the batteries from what they pay for them.